- Text Size +

 

Brian continued to issue orders to his guard as they made their way down to the car, his attention now removed from the departing Michael Novotny, and back on his former slave... in his mind, exactly where it belonged. Justin was the reason for his presence here. Nothing else should be distracting him from his reclaiming. From this point on... nothing else would.

 

He actually found himself saddened at how he seemed to view Justin once again as his possession and not more as the man that deserved his attentions and respect. A line had been crossed, even before Michael's mind tricks. Justin had broken rules, the most paramount one being, placing himself in dangerous situations, with men that only sought to use him for nefarious purposes... none of them giving a damn about him. A harsh lesson would need to be taught before they had any chance of returning to a more equal status. At this point, he didn't see that coming any time soon.

 

Reaching the car, his eyes narrowed when he noticed Ted pacing back and forth next to it, his eyes wide and anxious at their approach. Fuck. Something was terribly wrong. For some reason, he knew it was something to do with Justin. "What is it?" Brian barked, his stance and tone in full Sultan mode.

 

Ted swallowed nervously. He hated to be the bearer of this piece of news. As much as he had teased and provoked the moody Sultan since his arrival... he knew how badly his report would be received. The rest of this night could become a nightmare for all of them. "Brian, I spoke to my friend at the club. Uhhh, something is happening there, probably as we speak, I'm not sure if anything can be done to stop it..."

 

"Theodore, what are you talking about?" In agitation, Brian ran a hand through his hair... in the back of his mind, unable to fathom how events could get any worse than they had been to this point.

 

"It appears that Justin and Sapperstein concocted a money-making scheme. I am unclear on who came up with the plan, but umm well, Justin is being auctioned off for the night in one of the private rooms. Sapperstein's most depraved and richest contacts have been urged to the club. He is not allowing anyone not present to bid." Looking away from the quickly reddening face, and down at his watch, Ted told him, "the auction should be about to start."

 

Brian was barely able to focus on the tourists walking past the cheap hotel, the bodies coming and going so close to them... his chest pounding in rage. His eyes shot daggers at the car that was moving away with Michael, too enraged to be amused at how the people passing by snickered and pointed to the man they assumed to be obviously drunk. He wished he had Michael before him now. Had he known of this - he would have possibly killed him on the spot; at the very least, he would have given him a beating that would have him begging for his death! "Inside the car..." Brian hissed. "We shall continue this privately."

 

Hamin's eyes were alert on his master as he watched him take his seat up front, certain that the unpleasant surprises were far from over. This trip had been anything but successful so far, excluding the capture of the depraved Michael Novotny. He wasn't sure how his Sultan would continue to respond to these incidents. For now, all he could do was watch and wait. He had no doubt further instructions would be given to him on this night.

 

Brian buckled himself in, his eyes glacial as he turned to face Ted... once more, essentially the only man that could help him stop this disaster. Scoffing to himself, Brian admitted it wouldn't be stopped entirely. There would be consequences for this outrageous action against him. His blond... and his former employer would feel the Sultan's wrath before this night was over. "Will we reach the club in time?"

 

Ted started the car, and quickly had them back into the thick New York City traffic, uncertain how to answer. Realistically he would have to say no. They would soon be crawling through Manhattan traffic. Sure, they could get lucky... but the odds of that were slim. "I really can't say, Brian. The auction has started. I don't know how long the bids will keep coming in before the Sap ends the bidding. I know he's a greedy SOB... but he has to be worried about finishing before you return. It doesn't sound like he had time to get a large number to participate. If he had... well, it would be much longer."

 

"Fuck!" Brian swore. "This shit isn't even legal... at least not in this country. I'm going to ruin this disgusting little man... and Justin - well, he will answer in another way..." Brian began to rub at his temple, knowing of only one way to resolve this... at least, do so in a way that wouldn't have his delectable boy in another man's bed tonight. "Pull over, Ted. You have a phone call to make."

 

"I do?" Ted asked, glancing over at the entirely too calm ruler... more wary of this side of him than any other. When Brian responded with an impatient nod and an ever colder expression, Ted began to slow the car down, pulling over to the first empty parking spot he could find. "Okay... what's the plan?"

 

"It's very simple, Theodore." Brian smiled; it could have easily resembled one of a caged shark that had just been released into the depths of the ocean, one that instantly swam over to its most tempting prey. "Tonight you are a very rich man, my friend. You accomplish this and you will have a larger bonus than you will know what to do with. Call your friend. Tell him you are joining the auction and will double any price settled on Justin. Sapperstein might not like the idea of an invisible bidder, but I think his immense greed will make him accept."

 

Ted groaned. "Don't tell me. I'm the invisible bidder... since it's apparent you can't waltz in there, checkbook in hand."

 

"Exactly, dear Theodore." Brian glared warningly at his friend, before snapping, "Now... make the call. And don't get any ideas. You don't get to keep him."

 

"As if I'd try..." Ted mumbled. Rolling his eyes, Ted began to dial the club, muttering under his breath, "No bonus is worth this..."

 

His face completely devoid of any humor, Brian listened as Ted made the call, not breathing freely until Ted ended the call, and turned to face him. "It's all set. I will be the highest bidder. My friend will bid in my place until I arrive. You are going to owe him too, Brian. He's not thrilled about doing this, in particular, dealing with Sapperstein."

 

"That won't be a problem." Brian's lips twisted into a feral smile. "No price is too high, Theodore. Justin will learn that lesson tonight as well. There is nothing I won't do to keep what belongs to me. Just the beginning of what my boy will learn."

 

Ted shivered as he observed Brian's savage intensity. He couldn't believe one man had done this to the man that picked and used any man that pleased him. Brian had assembled some of the most beautiful men he had ever seen... only to release them from the harem after meeting Justin. The Sultan was truly obsessed with the young blond. Failing in this task tonight wasn't an option. "I'll do everything I can, Brian. I've never met Justin outside of seeing him perform at the club... but I can see that he isn't made for the creeps the Sap would set him up with; I am in total agreement, this can't happen."

 

Brian nodded and motioned for Ted to start driving again... his mind and emotions a chaotic mess. He wasn't quite sure what he would do to his rebellious blond... but a punishment was needed. As much as he'd love to cast all the blame on Michael and his trickery... he really couldn't. Justin had been in his right mind when he'd left the island... when he'd abandoned him. That was one thing he couldn't get out of his mind. Justin had willingly placed himself in this kind of danger, whether he had realized that or not. He had to know the type of men that frequented these establishments. Two men would pay a high price for these actions. It was yet to be determined how steep one of it would be.

 


 

Gary Sapperstein surveyed this last-minute event, his eyes glowing in the most unholy appearance of greed, knowing his pockets would go home wondrously full tonight. All thanks to the spitfire blond that was only trying to incite the wrath of his former lover. Gary didn't care why Justin had made such an outrageous offering. All that mattered was how richly it would benefit him.

 

As the bidding unfolded, Gary couldn't help but feel envious of the man who took Justin home tonight. He couldn't deny hoping that the territorial Sultan lost interest in what he perceived to be ‘damaged goods' knowing that he would be more than willing to fill in for him. Although, he wouldn't keep him chained to himself alone. He would use that incredible body over and over... and he would make a fortune off it at the same time. The things he would do to that body... if he had another chance. Fuck, his dick hurt just thinking of all the possibilities.

 

A throat cleared behind him, alerting him to a newcomer in the room. He jerked around, fearful that the dangerous Sultan had caught them in the act. This entire event was a risk... one he wasn't sure he felt safe to proceed with... but Justin had enticed him into it. The kid was too fucking hot for his own good. He couldn't say no. Using Justin's many attributes could benefit him too much. "What is it?" Gary snarled, seeing his bartender facing him anxiously.

 

"Boss, I got some news you might want to hear. A buddy of mine, a regular of the club, heard about the auction." Steve grinned sheepishly. "Well, I kind of told him about it, but he's very interested. He's on the way now, and Gary - he is fucking loaded. He told me to tell you that he would not only match... but double what the offer was for Justin."

 

"Hmmm. A friend of yours, you say?" Gary asked, eyeing his employee in suspicion. "Why haven't I been told about him? You know I always have something special to push to a rich buyer..."

 

"Ted doesn't do drugs, Boss. He's a recovering addict... but he does have another kind of addiction. He likes them young and blond... but not too young. He's been watching Justin's performances, and he says no price is too much." Steve knew he had his greedy boss when he noticed his beady eyes glittering all the more. "I can bid in his place until he gets here - if you need someone to stand in."

 

"Fine..." Gary bit out. "I'll be watching for this ‘Ted'. You better not be wrong about this, Steve. If you are, you won't like the consequences."

 

Steve was expressionless as he watched the beginning bids, all the men jaded and corrupt. If Gary had promised Justin he would do right by him, he had out and out lied to him. Most of these men were serious drug users... men that were callous in the pursuit of their own pleasure. He didn't know why Ted was doing this... or more importantly - who Ted was standing in for, but the end result was the same. Ted was doing Justin a mammoth favor. He wondered if Justin would ever realize how much.

 


 

"You'd better get inside..." Brian growled, his eyes devoutly watching the club, making certain his boy didn't slip through the exits. He couldn't fathom any other reason why Justin would have agreed to such a foolish plan, if not to make another escape attempt when he was distracted elsewhere. That only pissed him off all the more. Did Justin think him that stupid? He couldn't wait to ask him. "Remember... I don't care about the cost, you are not to be outbid. Are we clear on that?"

 

Ted nodded jerkily, more nervous about this little recovery mission than he cared to admit. This wasn't his style. He didn't look the part in his faded jeans and a buttoned-down shirt. "I'm going... but Brian, look at me, I just don't fit this role."

 

Brian snorted. "I get that, Ted... but we don't have time to groom you for the role. In the end, it won't really matter. Sapperstein is going to want a quick end to this little auction. All he will see is the cash you will be throwing at his worthless head." Brian's eyes blazed. "I hope he spends it wisely. Because after this night, I will fucking destroy him!"

 

"Okay. Well... I'll be back soon, I hope. Back with Justin."

 

"That's the plan. I won't be here. I don't want Justin kicking and screaming, the fewer questions that are asked regarding him - the better. You know what to do. I will have guards making sure nothing goes wrong. Deliver my little runaway to my hotel suite; I will be there waiting for him."

 

Brian's lips twisted into an almost sinister smile as he watched Ted heading inside the club, his pockets lined with the means to guarantee success. He had warned the wretched parasite. First, he had used Justin's need for a job to force a despicable act on him... and now this after he had been warned of dire consequences. Perhaps his little parting gift will make the slippery club owner more cautious in the future. He was only sorry he wouldn't be here to see his world come crashing down.

 

Looking to Hamin that stood obediently by his side, Brian spoke in a low, angry tone, "You know what to do." Brian's eyes stared at the offensive club with a savage intensity. "At closing time, make certain that everyone leaves the club... even Sapperstein." Brian sneered. It wasn't easy making that concession. "After all, I am not a murderer. Once it is empty... burn it to the ground."

 

TBC