- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Queer as Folk. This is done purely for entertainment. No infringement intended.

Banner: Thank you to the incredibly talented tatjana_yurkina at Live Journal. Thank you, Tanya.

 

"So, Sonnyboy, what would you like to do on your last day before going home to the munch... uhhh - I mean, to your mommies?" Brian bit his lip as he barely caught his slip. His five-year-old son didn't need to know his views or terminology that he often directed toward the women that were raising his son - one of them in particular.

 

Gus frowned as he looked at his father curiously, a question clearly in his eyes regarding his father's words.

 

It wasn't at all normal for Gus to hear his father stumbling to speak. To Brian's profound relief, Gus' attention was quickly diverted when he viewed what was a horse and carriage passing nearby. Very soon he was about to find his relief short-lived.

 

"Daddy, can we ride one of those? Please! Please!" Gus' eyes were wide with the excitement that could only be found in a young child. Hope sparkled in his eyes comparable to the brightest of stars.

 

 

Brian arched a dubious brow, along with releasing a beleaguered sigh. Just the touristy type of heterosexual bullshit he had hoped to avoid. Living in Manhattan, Brian was more than familiar with the destination of that ride. As much as he abhorred the entire concept, he could see where his son might find it to be entertaining. And fuck, how could he possibly say no to those eyes? "Those are for carriage rides through Central Park." When Gus continued to stare at him with his heart virtually in his eyes, Brian fully acquiesced. Grimly he acknowledged to himself - as if he had been given any choice at all. At the age of five, Gus already had entirely too much charm... and the tenacity of a mountain lion. Gus was his son, after all. It continued to be more and more evident. "If you really want to go - I'll take you."

 

"Really, Daddy. Really? Oh, thank you. Thank you!" Gus began to jump up and down in his enthusiasm. "Mommy Melanie said you would never take me to Central Park. She said it was too true to life for you. I'm not sure what that means."

 

"Nothing of any importance." Gritting his teeth in fury, Brian bit back every sharp retort that came to mind. Mommy Melanie indeed. How dare she put ideas in his son's head about what he would or would not do during his time with him. Granted, she was probably right. Central Park was not his idea of fun or a recreational activity of any kind... but she shouldn't have said it in that manner to his son. He would be discussing that with the meddlesome bitch at his earliest opportunity. That, and a few other comments that had innocently come from his son's mouth in the past week. "Well, let's just leave it to say - Mommy Melanie doesn't know everything about Daddy."

 

Gus giggled. "That's what my other mommy said."

 

Brian rustled his son's hair affectionately before he advised his doorman to hail a taxi. It was a short enough walk to Central Park, but Brian preferred to spend every last moment he had with his son... not walking and dodging oncoming traffic. When the taxi pulled up in front of him, Brian told the driver their destination, before urging Gus inside the car next to him. "Central Park here we come..." Brian muttered beneath his breath, his irritation immediately smoothed away by the giddy excitement on Gus' face. To be so young and optimistic again. Brian almost envied that naivety.

 

"This is going to be so much fun, Daddy." Gus looked up at his father with the brightest of smiles, his eyes glimmering in what reflected loving trust.

 

"I'm sure it will, Gus." Brian smiled warmly at his son. Whatever made his son happy was exactly what he wanted to do. These visits were too few and far in between. At the end of them, he wanted Gus to have had the time of his life. As they turned into the entrance of Central Park, Brian had no idea how this day would have another purpose. Change was in the air. It was yet to be determined how that change would be received.

 


 

Justin forced himself not to flinch as Sapperstein placed his hand on his bare leg. He knew he should have worn jeans today. There was nothing more repellent to him than when this man tried to touch him. It always led up to his boss wanting very bad things from him. But what choice did he ever have? He had been making his own way in this city since he was fifteen years old. Now, four years later, it wasn't getting any easier for him. Sometimes he thought he should leave New York City, but where would he go? And more than that, where would he find that kind of money? His eyes moved down to glance at the hand that was stroking his skin; there wasn't a doubt in his mind what Sapperstein really wanted to do with it.

 

"Not exactly my choice of a meeting place, Justin. How about we go back to the club and have a private chat... or better yet, why don't you come to my house..." Gary knew he wasn't keeping the lust out of his voice. There was something about this boy that made him climb the walls in frustration. Justin had been holding out on him for months now. It was time to close the trap on his desperate little dancer. He really had no intention of firing Justin; his hot little ass lined his pockets too well. But Justin didn't know that. The boy was desperate for a job that paid his bills. He didn't doubt that Justin could find another job or benefactor... but the kid seemed afraid to strike out on his own. Justin was vulnerable... and that was exactly how he liked his marks. It was time to tighten his grip. Not only would he get the pleasure of pummeling Justin's ass, but he would also make a fortune letting his friends enjoy the same privilege. In the end, though, Justin would still belong to him.

 

"Sorry, Gary. This just worked out for me this morning. I have some errands to run..." Justin answered, finding himself becoming more and more uncomfortable by both Sapperstein's touch and how he kept moving closer to him on the park bench.

 

His other arm going up behind the back of the bench, he began stroking the soft strands of hair falling along Justin's neck. "Well, it doesn't work for me, Justin. I want to be alone with you. And whether you want it or not, I think you know I am what's best for you." Gary grasped the back of Justin's neck, forcing him to look at him. His eyes hungrily drilled into Justin's lips. "That's better. I want to look at those lips. I think it's time you made more practical use of them. In fact. it's been too long since you've done so."

 

Justin had to school his features, along with his body, to prevent from shuddering in revulsion. He had gotten used to the feeling of being backed into a corner. It wasn't a good one. Unfortunately, it was a byproduct of being desired by Gary Sapperstein. Two things could happen in such a moment - either he could uncharacteristically fight back, or he could cower like a frightened little rabbit. Justin knew this could backfire on him badly... but he didn't have a choice. He couldn't do the things he knew Gary wanted. Already he'd lost much of his self-respect since he'd started working for him... but being a part of Gary's special little parties wasn't going to be one of them. "Gary, I realize you're trying to help me... but I'm afraid we want different things."

 

Gary's lips curled into a savage snarl. Justin wasn't getting away from him this time. His eyes drilled into the tourists that sat on the bench next to them, his voice cutting into them sharply - "Leave now!" He watched as the woman scurried away with her children, his eyes turning immediately back to look at Justin - lust and determination clearly in his eyes. "Now, this is how it's going to be, Justin; I've handled you with care for months. It ends now. You are going to start living up to your potential. It starts with you coming with me now!"

 

"I'm not going anywhere with you. In case you've forgotten - I'm not on duty right now..." Justin knew he was pushing all the wrong buttons with his sleazy boss... but once started he couldn't stop. "Scaring the tourists isn't going to get you what you want. In fact, let me go on to say this - what you got from me that first night when you forced me to give you a fucking blowjob is all you'll ever get from me. It ends with that!"

 

"You are even more blond than I thought." Gary's eyes narrowed into tiny slits, his hand tightening on Justin's leg to hold him in place. Grasping onto the back of Justin's head tightly, Gary hissed, "It ends when I say it does... and I am far from finished with you. Your ass belongs to me, Justin; mine to use as I want. If that means sharing you with my friends, then, that's what I will do. You need to learn your fucking place now."

 

Justin glared at Gary, hatred stabbing at him from his frightened, yet resentful eyes. "You don't own shit. I work for you. Nothing more!"

 

"I can ruin you, Justin. One word from me and no decent club will take you on. You will resort to selling the ass you protect so devoutly on the streets to anyone." Gary moved in closer, his breath fanning Justin's lips. "Is that what you want, Justin? I can save you from that. It's just a question of paying the price."

 

"Fuck you! I'd rather sell myself to every queer in New York than let you touch me..."

 

Gary barely remembered he was in public when he slid his hand from Justin's neck, down his arm to lock around his wrist. Forcefully he pulled him from the bench, into the seclusion of the more shrouded area of the park. Many eyes followed as Justin uttered a protest, but no one intervened. "You're coming with me. I'm going to fuck you so hard you won't be able to perform for a week. Then, you might sing a different tune."

 

A cold and mocking laugh erupted from behind them. Justin turned his head to look at the face that accompanied the sound; his breath immediately lodged in his throat in the process. Standing before him was without a doubt the most beautiful man he had ever seen. He looked curiously to see the man holding onto a young child's hand; the child looked up at the man with open adoration on his face. He assumed that the child must be his son. Realizing Gary still maintained a tight grasp on his wrist, Justin snapped, "Gary, let me go!" He was thankful that the stranger's eyes remained on Gary. The last thing he wanted was to be caught ogling this man that gave all appearances of being his unexpected rescuer.

 

Trying to pull Justin away before Brian got a good look at his property, Gary demanded, "Let's go, Justin. It's far too crowded for what I have in mind."

 

Brian rolled his eyes, before his gaze pulled to the backside of the man the Sap was trying to coerce away. What he saw there stopped his thoughts in an instant. A soft whistle shot from his lips. What an ass was all his mind could coherently grasp. It was all he could do not to reinsert himself in Gary Sapperstein's place. But no... the hand that began tugging at his own reminded him he had other responsibilities right now. He looked down at his impatient son, smiling at him affectionately. "Just a minute, Sonnyboy. Daddy needs to deal with a problem... then, we can continue our tour."

 

Gary reluctantly released his prize, quickly realizing he was delayed for the moment. He had to get rid of Kinney first. Justin would pay for this. If the stupid little blond had come with him when he'd first demanded it, Kinney wouldn't be an issue now. "This doesn't concern you, Kinney. I'd suggest you move along."

 

"You'd suggest..." Brian murmured, before pursing his lips together briefly. "It appears you have forgotten precisely who I am, Sapperstein. Fortunately for you - my son is with me. I don't have time to deal with common trash." Brian's eyes flickered back to the young man the Sap had called Justin. Nice name - Justin. He could imagine himself whispering it as he was balls deep inside the hot little blond. If Gus wasn't with him now, he would be making his interest more than known. Perhaps he could get his foot in the door, though. He was Brian Kinney. There was always an opportunity. Brian smiled as Justin's eyes swiftly lowered when caught staring too long. Oh yes, this little foray into the park could be productive indeed.

 

"I know who you are, Kinney. I'm not impressed by your power." Gary curled his lip in disgust. "My creditors are not affiliated with your bank. You can't threaten me with anything."

 

Brian's eyes became cold, almost sinister. Justin took a step back when he watched hazel turn into black in a fraction of a second. Who was this man? Justin wondered. He was dangerous, there wasn't any doubt of that. But to watch him with his child, he was a completely different man. Averaging it out, he wasn't sure which man was real; perhaps it was a mixture of the two. "Uhhh. I'm just going to get going. Things to do, and all that..."

 

Both pairs of eyes immediately turned to Justin. It was the stranger that spoke up first. "I think that would be best for you, Justin." Brian caressed his name as he spoke it. He whispered it in the sultriest of tones; resonant of all he wanted to do to the young man. He reached into his pocket and retrieved a business card; Brian paused long enough to write his cell and home number on the back. Brian placed it in Justin's hand, his hand lingering a moment on the blond's soft skin. "Give me a call, Justin. I'll be out with my son until he catches his flight this evening, however, I can be reached afterward." Brian ignored Gary's glowering expression. "I think we could have a great deal to discuss."

 

Gary's eyes narrowed on Justin as he watched him pocket the card. He would need to deal with this quickly. Brian Kinney couldn't get his hands on Justin. He would lose him forever. As much as he knew an ass was replaceable. Justin wasn't only a piece of ass... he was big money. He didn't intend to let him slip away. "Justin, I'm warning you now. Stay here and finish what we started. If you don't - not only are you fired, but I will ruin you in this town. You really have no choice."

 

Justin's eyes were filled with fear as he looked at the two men. He didn't know what to do. Gary was right. His options were all but gone. As it was, he could barely pay his half of the rent now. If he lost this job and went for who knows how long without an income - he would be totally fucked. He was about to speak when the other man moved closer, effectively stepping between him and Gary.

 

"Go home, Justin. Call me tonight. I might be able to help you." His eyes moved back to a now red-faced Gary Sapperstein. Brian affixed a menacing glare on the offensive older man. "You disgust me, Sap. I think it's time I had my people look into your various dealings." Brian reached down to flick a speck of dirt from his jacket. His voice dropped even lower, as he warned, "Leave this kid alone or pay the consequences. This will be your only warning."

 

Gary cursed beneath his breath, his words barely missing the ears of the young child. "You win this time, Kinney." He brushed past Justin, turning to give him one last smoldering and irate glance. It isn't over for you, Justin. I might have lost you for a while, but I'll get you back. And when I do, you are going to suffer for this outrage.

 

TBC