- Text Size +

 

Gus' bottom lip slightly quivered as he looked up at his father, his hand remaining in a tight grasp inside the one much larger than his own. "Daddy?"

 

Brian averted his gaze from Sapperstein's retreating form to look down at his obviously apprehensive child. "Yeah, Sonnyboy?"

 

"That was a bad man, wasn't it?" Gus' eyes were solemn as he looked up at his father; the trust in his eyes signifying that whatever answer he was given, he would accept it as the absolute truth.

 

He nodded, his eyes shifting only briefly to the young, and beautiful blond that still stood near them, his blue eyes following Gary Sapperstein's departure with disbelieving eyes. "I'm afraid so, Gus."

 

"I didn't like him." Gus' quivering lip immediately transformed into a pout; his eyes remained adoring on his father, yet inquisitive when he looked toward Justin.

 

Justin fully turned to face them once he was assured that Gary was truly leaving. "I- I can't believe he left. He never backs down. Never."

 

Brian arched his brow. "That's because he doesn't deal with me on a normal basis." His hand raised and motioned his shadow forward. Regretfully in his world, he always traveled with personal security. He especially appreciated it when Gus was in town, regardless of how Muncher Melanie mocked him for the lifestyle that made it a necessity. He didn't give a damn what that bitch thought. In his circles, he encountered many dangerous men - some even more so than himself; he wouldn't take chances with his only child. Gary Sapperstein didn't quite fit into that category. In his own way, he was dangerous... but he was more of a sleaze than a legitimate threat. Today he had been more of an annoyance than anything else. "Don't go just yet, Justin. I'd like to speak to you a bit more... and see that you get home safely."

 

Justin was about to tell him that wasn't necessary, when an even larger man appeared. He was very handsome in his own right... but he didn't hold a candle to his mysterious savior. He doubted anyone ever could. He watched as the man went straight to Brian, his eyes moving around as if assessing everything around them. Instantly, Justin surmised him as security. He'd seen enough of the type in this city to spot them. Justin felt a bit disconcerted that his rescuer had called him over. Shaking his head, Justin decided he just needed to get out of here. He needed to get home and work out what he would do next. He no longer had a job; that was something he couldn't let continue for long. "I, uhhh, it really isn't the best of times. I need to get home."

 

His eyes snapped to Justin, a direct and all-encompassing gaze - one that always held the recipient enthrall. "I said for you to stay. I won't keep you for long." Brian sliced his gaze to Ben. "Take Gus on the next part of the tour. I think our driver is ready to move on."

 

Flabbergasted by the man's obvious controlling tendencies - both toward himself and his staff, Justin sputtered, "I- I don't believe this..."

 

"You will..." Brian drawled, tongue-in-cheek.

 

Ben nodded, smiling down at Gus with a wink quickly appearing in his eye. "C'mon buddy." His eyes moved to the vendor not far from the carriage. "How about we grab a box of that popcorn? I know how much you love it." Ben was more than glad to help out with Gus. He adored the child... and besides that - he would prefer to remove himself from the tension that had clearly built between these two men. Knowing Brian as he did - there wasn't any doubt of what type of tension had a grip of these obviously very different men.

 

"Yay! Can I, Daddy?" Gus slowly released Brian's hand to let Ben swallow his smaller hand up.

 

Brian chuckled. "Of course you can." He mouthed a ‘thank you' to his chief security guard, before saying, "I'll catch up soon." He watched as they safely moved away, before he turned to face the hot blond that stood glowering at him with his hands folded across his chest. He took a few steps closer, deliberately invading the younger man's personal space. Brian restrained from touching him in any way... he didn't think he could hold himself back. Despite having more privacy now, he really did need to return to his son. "We can talk now." As his eyes analytically took in his every feature, Brian was slightly taken aback by the complete beauty of this young man. How he wished he had much more time than for mere conversation. But he would. Oh, he most definitely would.

 

"What's to talk about? You rescued me from my octopus of a boss... well ex-boss now." He glared almost resentfully at his savior. "I could have handled Gary on my own. It's not like he would have raped me in the middle of Central Park."

 

"I wouldn't be so sure of that..." Brian muttered derisively. "The Sap showed all indications of having a morning delicacy of blond boy ass." Brian's eyes slid heatedly over the annoyed young man. Fuck, he was hot. He intended to have this man in his bed - and in the quickest time possible. He couldn't imagine him being averse to the possibility. When he had first interrupted his encounter with the Sap, the interest in the young blond's eyes had been more than apparent. His voice became huskier when he added, "I can't say that I blame him in this case. Although, I question his technique; I do find said ass very appealing as well."

 

Justin flushed, quickly averting his gaze to follow the carriage slowly trotting away. "That's not my problem. I don't have time for this now. I have to find another job... largely thanks to you!"

 

"Are you saying you'd rather I had allowed Sapperstein to drag you away and enforce his varied desires on you? Trust me, Justin - it wouldn't have been fucking - it would have been a violation." Brian's eyes bored into Justin's. "And I think you know that too."

 

His eyes focused on a faraway point, seeing nothing of the vast scenery... only seeing a bleak and unchanging reality. "Sometimes a man has to make difficult choices in order to survive."

 

"That he does." Brian's gaze was cunning as he looked at the beautiful, and obviously broken man in front of him. His decision was immediate. The Sap wouldn't reap the rewards of what life had apparently done to this man. But he would. Brian didn't care what it cost him. Money had long ago become inconsequential to him. He would have this man. "As I mentioned - I can help you, Justin." His voice became a throaty murmur as he growled, "In fact, it would be my pleasure to help you through your presently untenable situation."

 

"Well... that's blunt." Justin bit his lip to keep from smiling. When he'd first arrived in New York City, such a suggestion would have been offensive to him, but... he had learned a lot in the past four years. Pride often took a fall to survival. He'd never had a man pay him for sex... but what little he had done for Gary could be construed as the same. When he'd first settled here after weeks on the road, riding in the back end of pickup trucks, and any other vehicle that had been going his way, Justin had quickly realized he might have to do things he didn't want to do if he wanted to stay alive. Fifteen years old at the time, running from an abusive father, he wasn't going back. He had been on the verge of hustling when Gary had found him. It had been a miracle to keep the man at arm's length for as long as he had. Justin had known for months now his time had been running out. Today signified that. There would be no going back.

 

Brian pursed his lips. As much as he had hoped otherwise, it seemed he would need to sell his case. That wasn't a problem... excluding the fact he'd like to have the deal closed now. "Unfortunately, I don't have time for an in-depth discussion. My son is waiting." Brian's eyes smoldered in torrential need as he moved them over the blond, his cock twitched as he thought of fully knowing this beautiful man. "Have dinner with me tomorrow night. I think we can come to a mutually satisfying arrangement."

 

"D-dinner?" Justin stammered. That wasn't what he'd expected the stranger to offer next. "I- I don't know."

 

Unable to resist, Brian reached up and trailed his fingers along Justin's cheek. He really shouldn't have done it; he'd known that before his fingers made contact. His fingers came away as if singed by flames; the softness of the boy's skin making him want to test out every texture of his skin, just to know if it all felt as soft as the cheek that now glowed under his touch. "Dinner. No strings attached." He looked at Justin's lips with open hunger; determination glinted in his eyes. "You have my business card, along with my personal numbers. Feel free to check me out. No harm will ever come to you while you're with me, Justin. I can change your life. You just have to let me."

 

"Uhhh. This is a bit much - Mr. Kinney, wasn't it?" Following the affirmative nod, Justin continued, "We just met. You know nothing about me. I get that you want to fuck me." Justin laughed almost mockingly. "You have no idea how far being blond and my ass gets me."

 

Brian's dick continued to twitch. "On the contrary, Justin. I have a very good idea." His eyes slanted to where the carriage was moving further away. He knew he needed to wrap this up soon. "Give it some thought. If you don't want to meet for dinner, that's fine. Just give me a call." Brian gave him a smooth, self-satisfied smile. "We both know you will."

 

"I wouldn't count on it, Mr. Kinney." Justin smiled at the gorgeous, and entirely too arrogant man, before shrugging his shoulders and walking away. He glanced back to see Brian staring after him in what was open-mouthed disbelief. That he could believe. He doubted that man got turned down often. In fact, doing so now, had been the most difficult thing he had ever done. A benefactor such as this man would probably set him up for a while... but an expensive one-night hook-up wouldn't answer his problems for long. Justin knew he needed to stay away from him. He had the unshakable feeling that attachments to a man such as Brian Kinney would be impossible to avoid. He was alone in the world, dependent completely on himself. He couldn't afford to care for or trust anyone. That had been the philosophy that had kept him alive so far. This beautiful and apparently wealthy man wasn't about to change that.

 

His footsteps quick, Brian rushed forward to begin intercepting the carriage that held his son. He flipped open his phone, dialing directly to reach Ben before he could do so on foot. He could only imagine Ben's reaction... but time was of the essence, and he wasn't a man to leave anything to chance. "Ben, I'm on my way. I need you to do something for me when I get there."

 

Ben audibly groaned, trying to keep his voice low and not noticeable to Gus who was presently taking in all the sights with excitement. "Please tell me it isn't about procuring? That's really not part of my job description."

 

"Hardly, Benjamin. I can do that myself. However, I need you to discreetly follow that young man home. He's on foot and heading toward the park entrance. I just want to know where he lives." Brian realized he sounded desperate... and very much unlike himself. There was just something about Justin... and he had to know more before he fully began his campaign. He had no assurance that Justin would ever call him. As much as he liked to think the Kinney charm assured him of that outcome, he wasn't about to leave that to chance.

 

A long-suffering sigh followed. "Brian, you break all the rules of personal security with your ridiculous whims. My job is to protect you... not monitor the whereabouts of your would-be tricks."

 

"Your job is to do whatever the fuck I tell you!" Brian slowed as he noticed the horse and carriage slowing at what was an intersection within the park. Lithely, he slid up into the carriage, ruffling his son's hair lightly. He cast an impatient look toward Ben. "This is your exit, Ben. I expect to have a report from you within the hour."

 

"As you wish, Sir..." Ben grumbled underneath his breath the entire time from his exit point to the front of the park. After several minutes of a quickened pace, he finally caught up with Brian's flavor of the moment. Sometimes he wondered why he continued to work for the somewhat eccentric, and always domineering world financier. Casting an assessing glance at the young man he appeared to be relegated to following on foot, Ben took in the clothing that fit the young man perfectly, yet held the markings of age. This boy was obviously down-and-out; he would be easy pickings for his ruthless employer.

 

Ben followed the young blond to his meager apartment building; an area that would have Brian shuddering in distaste. Regardless of the boy's lodgings, for now, he had a feeling his circumstances would have the possibility of changing. The question remained if the boy actually sought that. Ben knew one thing for certain - Brian wouldn't be giving up on this man. In the five years since Gus was born, he had never seen Brian distracted while Gus was in his care. A momentary glance, yes... but his actions today - definitely not. He waited for several moments to be certain that this was the blond's home and not a mere stop. Once he was assured the boy was indeed home, Ben motioned to hail a taxi.

 

Fifteen minutes later found Ben back at Central Park; a short search and his employer was once again well within his sights. He shook his head as he watched Brian and Gus exiting the carriage and moving off toward a cotton candy vendor. What a paradox, he thought to himself. Ruthless predator/loving father. Brian balanced the two worlds well... and at the end of the day, Ben was actually glad to be a part of it.

 

TBC