- Text Size +

 

Justin watched with a wide-eyed expression as Brian rushed from the balcony, his steps taking him on an obvious path to the door of their suite. He was going out without a word to either him or Gus? He had known something was wrong the moment he'd followed Ben out to the balcony, but now he knew for sure. Whatever the news had been, it had Brian acting hurriedly now. He had to find out what it was; however, even more important than that - he needed to find a way to help.

 

"Brian! Wait!" Justin rushed after his lover - this time, he was determined to have a say in what was happening... most especially, since he felt the problem revolved around him once again. He clutched at his arm, his eyes widening further when he felt Brian's arm tensing in response. Yeah. Something was very wrong. "Where are you going?"

 

Stretching his neck in slow circles, Brian tried to effect an unconcerned look on his face before he turned to face his all too perceptive blond. He didn't need him slipping out and following him. As much as he knew he could handle the Kip's of this world - he still didn't want Justin in the middle. These fuckers had put him through enough already. Slowly turning, Brian cast a pointed look to the hand that attempted to restrain him, forcing his sternest look on the hand that wouldn't be enough to stop him from what he needed to do. "I have an errand to run, Justin. It shouldn't take long. Just relax here with Gus and Ben, and we'll have dinner later."

 

"Ben and Gus just went out... right before you came back out."

 

Brian swore explicitly. "Where the fuck did they go? I told Ben to stay here with you and Gus. What could be more important than my orders!?"

 

Justin chuckled. "That would be your persistent son. He begged me to take him to the pool; I was setting out to take him, but Ben stepped in and said he would do it. He told me to stay inside until either you or he returned."

 

"Tenacious little shit always gets what he wants." Brian smiled briefly, his eyes warming as they always did when he spoke of his son. Perhaps that was best. Ben could keep his focus better if only watching one of them; the guard outside should be enough protection until he returned.

 

"Uh-huh. Like father, like son." Justin smirked, his smile quickly fading when he couldn't fail but to observe the tension, and worry on Brian's face. "Talk to me, Brian. I thought we were in this together. I have a right to know."

 

Brian nodded. "Yeah, you do."

 

Justin reached down to clasp Brian's hands in his own, squeezing them gently, yet firmly. "What is it? Maybe I can help."

 

"Not this time, Sunshine." Brian rolled his lips under, barely refraining from telling the precious blond how much he cared about him, but he didn't want it to be like this. He wanted so much more for his declaration. "It's about Sapperstein."

 

Fear instantly registered in Justin's eyes, his lashes fluttering several times, before he croaked, "G-Gary? What about him?"

 

"Ben spotted Kip here in Pittsburgh. He wanted to be seen. So far the Sap hasn't appeared, but where there's one, the other won't be far behind." Brian's lips twisted into a snarl, hatred swelling in him for both men. He couldn't wait to rid Justin of this nightmare. His plans for Kip would only be the first step.

 

"H-he's coming for me, then..." Justin's lip quivered slightly when he spoke the words. He'd always known it would happen, he had just thought it would be in New York. What he hated the most was in realizing he hadn't put the fear of Gary Sapperstein behind him. No matter how safe and content he felt with Brian, his fear of Gary and all of the vile desires the demented man had for him continued to evoke terror in him.

 

Brian shrugged. "It's hard to say with the Sap. He could be playing a mind game with us, trying to see if he can make us jump and make a mistake... or he could be coming. It's clear that he wanted us to know Kip was here."

 

"Yeah..." Justin agreed hollowly. "He isn't happy unless he's playing his mind games. This is just another one of them." His lips compressing into a tight line, Justin realized he had to stop living in fear of Gary Sapperstein. He had a new life now. Gary couldn't hurt him. He had everything he had ever wanted here with Brian and Gus. That depraved lunatic wasn't going to take that away from him.

 

"I have this under control, Justin. All I need is for you to stay here, and out of sight. I'll be back very soon. I can't deal with this if I'm worried about you." Brian probed Justin's eyes intently. "Promise me that you won't try to slip past the guard and follow me..."

 

Justin had no intentions of following. Kip was only a mere tool and not a very effective one at that. He knew what he had to do... what he had feared it would always come down to. Knowing that Brian wouldn't budge an inch until he gave his promise, Justin nodded, his voice breaking when he answered, "I promise, Brian. I- I won't follow you. I've caused you enough trouble... I won't cause you anymore."

 

Satisfied that Justin wouldn't follow, yet not liking the tone and context of his words, Brian released Justin's hands to slide them upwards to frame his face. He looked deeply into his beautiful blue eyes, his voice fervent when he spoke, "Now listen here, Justin Taylor. You haven't caused me any trouble. I am here because I want to be here. Our arrangement was tossed out the window. Remember?" When Justin nodded his agreement, Brian continued, "No matter what - I am here with you. This is the only place I want to be. Got that?"

 

A tremulous smile curved Justin's lips. If only they could have that happily ever after. It was all he wanted. But thanks to Gary, that didn't look likely to happen now... at least, not at the moment. He had to finish this. Now that he thought about it, he felt foolish not to have realized it sooner. He was the only one that could end this. When he did, everything would be fine. Leaning forward, Justin smashed his lips against Brian's, kissing him with all the fire that burned within him. He loved this man so fucking much. There wasn't anything he wouldn't do for him. He hoped Brian would understand that in time. Either way, he had to do this. It was the only way they could ever have a future.

 

Brian's mouth moved with yearning, and intense feeling over Justin's, separating from him the last thing he wanted to do. "I won't be long..." he whispered gruffly, reluctantly pulling free from his lover, vowing to himself this nightmare would be over for the both of them very soon. His eyes running over Justin's soft, and almost haunted expression, Brian frowned, unsure of the look on his face, yet knowing now wasn't the time to question it. He had to handle Kip. Then, Gary Sapperstein would be next. Once that was finished, his precious blond would be safe. Then, they could truly start a life together. Brian knew he wanted that more than anything.

 

After further clinging kisses, and whispered goodbyes, Justin watched Brian slip from the suite, his eyes briefly touching on the guard before he closed the door and locked it behind him. He moved lethargically to the window and watched as Brian exited the hotel, and rushed along the pavement. Reaching into his pocket, Justin tapped in the phone number he had never expected to call again. It was time, though. Hopefully, this ended it once and for all.

 

"Yes..." his voice rasped into the phone. At the lack of a response, Gary Sapperstein looked at the caller ID on the incoming call, a menacing snicker following. "Well, well. Is it really my little runaway stripper? I didn't think you had the balls to go against your watchdog."

 

Justin's hand shook as he listened to the vicious, and clearly disturbed voice reaching out to him. Fuck. He hoped he knew what he was doing. This call was to be his stand against the man that continued to seek to victimize him. Gary wasn't used to him displaying any form of strength. Convincing Sapperstein that it now existed could be his only chance of ending this war peacefully. "I'm not your anything, Gary." Forcing his voice to remain calm, and appear unaffected was more difficult than he could have ever imagined. "This shit needs to stop. You can't beat Brian; I think you know that too."

 

"Obviously, if I have you calling me now; I'm doing just fine, sweet cheeks. I was just about to catch a plane to Pittsburgh; however, I have a better idea." Gary's hand reached into his pants, his fingers rubbing at his dick, the organ bursting to sudden life the moment he heard Justin's voice on the phone. Justin reaching out meant one thing. He was desperate. Preying on that would be so easy to do now.

 

"You need to forget this, Gary! Brian doesn't mess around! He will make you pay for this. Do yourself a favor and forget about me!" Justin implored of him, hoping where hope didn't exist that Gary would be reasonable for once.

 

An evil, cunning laugh followed. "I don't think so, my little pet. I never let go of what's mine. Even though you allowed Kinney to sully what belongs to me - I still own you until I say otherwise. Get that into your head, and get back here where you belong!"

 

Justin gasped. He had hoped scare tactics might work. What rational man wasn't frightened of an enraged Brian Kinney? Obviously, Gary didn't have that much common sense. "You're a fool, Gary. Brian is hunting Kip now. You will be next. Fuck! Use your head, man. Let me tell him you've given up on me, and maybe he'll end it. Please, Gary. I'm begging you here. Let this be over."

 

Gary's lips twisted savagely, hatred shining in his eyes. Fucking Kinney! Justin was clearly besotted with the man. That wouldn't matter for much longer, though. He would violate that perfect blond boy in ways he couldn't begin to imagine. Kinney wouldn't want what was left. "Begging sounds so hot coming from your sweet little lips. I can't wait to feel them around my cock. I've been waiting so long to feel that again - that and so much more." A cold smile curved his lips, in this moment he wished Justin could see how hopeless his resistance was. His love for Kinney made it so. He would capitalize fully on that. "Tell me, Justin - who are you truly begging for? Is it yourself, your lover... or could it be his innocent little boy?"

 

"No!" Justin gasped, his terror making him oblivious to the trap he had not only walked into... but now was closing around him. "You keep away from him!"

 

"I have no interest in the child." Gary paused briefly, his voice becoming heavy with lust, when he spoke the words they both knew to be true. "I just want you, Justin. I don't care how you manage to slip away - all that matters is that you do."

 

"I'm guarded. I can't slip away!" Justin's trembling began anew. Fuck! What was he going to do now? This call had been a mistake. But Gary knew about Gus. He couldn't take the chance of this sick freak laying his hands on him. Brian would never survive that horror.

 

Gary noisily yawned to demonstrate his boredom. "I'll have a one-way ticket on the next flight to JFK waiting for you. Be on it, Justin. If you're not, I'll take what means the most to your precious lover... and I think we both know who that is."

 

"He will never let me go without a fight, Gary! You are starting a war that you can't win!" Justin's heart lurched in his throat upon realizing what Gary intended to force him to do. His mind worked frantically, trying to find a way to stop him. He had to tell Brian. Surely he could figure a way out of this mess. But that was what this call had been all about. He had wanted to fix this himself. Brian was always saving him. It was time he saved not only himself, but all of them.

 

Mockingly laughing, Gary told him, "I already have won, sweetheart." A calculating look entered his eyes. "Unless, you want me to get my hands on, hmmm, what was his name? Oh right. Gus, isn't it?"

 

"You fucking bastard!" Justin exploded. "Brian will kill you... if I don't kill you first! You know, I can tell Brian. He can have Gus and me away from here before you can step on that plane."

 

"Shut the fuck up, and get your ass here. I know what hotel you are in now, Justin. Your lover isn't the only one with connections; I have some too. I have a feeling mine are much more unsavory than any Kinney might have. Disappoint me, and I will use them! This is your only chance to save that little boy. Miss your flight, and the kid is gone - forever!"

 

TBC