- Text Size +

 

Brian stepped from the plane, his steps quickly taking him to where the moronic Gary Sapperstein stood waiting for Justin. It hadn't been by coincidence that he had chosen the same flight; he had barely made it on time and had to accept coach accommodations. His tenacious little blond might have to answer for that on his return. He scowled as he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. Powering it back on immediately after his landing hadn't been the best of decisions. There wasn't a doubt in his mind who would be on the other end. For certain, it would be Mother Hen Ben. He hadn't had the time to divulge his plan with Ben. Had he been able to do so, Ben would be a lot less worried now.

 

He laughed as he made his way down the ramp and out into the waiting area. Sapperstein's end would be quite amusing. A case of poetic justice if he did say so himself. He had handled it all with a few well-placed favors; the eventual cost to him meant absolutely nothing. His hands would be kept clean, and he didn't even need to leave the airport. However, leaving the airport was on his list. He had a special shop he wanted to visit before he journeyed back to Pittsburgh. After the scolding of a lifetime, Brian intended to surprise his adorable little blond with a special gift. Seeing the look on his face would urge him into completing his business with the Sap all the more quickly.

 

It didn't take long to find his target; as his eyes looked around, he was only slightly amazed to find Sapperstein appeared to be alone. The self-confidence of the man was idiotic. No man that was threatening to take from him what the Sap was attempting to do should ever face that battle alone. In his mind, it was unthinkable. Advancing forward, seeing that the Sap was only singling out blond-headed passengers that were exiting, he moved up behind him, his hand grasping around his upper arm tightly. "I do believe you and I have some things to discuss..."

 

"Kinney..." Sapperstein grumbled. The insipid little blond couldn't even get this right! He was sure he'd convinced Justin this was his only choice, but obviously, Justin had decided to take a chance. One that he would find a way to cost him - all of them. "What a surprise." He looked over his shoulder, not at all surprised he didn't find Justin in tow. "Where's Justin?"

 

A muscle ticked in Brian's jaw from the mere sound of Justin's name falling from Sapperstein's lips. It was revolting to him, and he was thankful this would be the last day he should ever have to be subjected to it again. "Come with me. We need to get a few things straight..."

 

"I'm not going anywhere with you, Kinney." Gary jerked his arm out of Brian's grasp, doing all he could to not draw attention to their disagreement. It was never the wisest of ideas amidst airline personnel... airport security, in particular, to look to be one causing a disturbance. "I'm going back to my office, and finishing what I started!"

 

That was precisely what Brian wanted Sapperstein to do, and why his presence here had been so necessary. Brian's lips curved into a smile that would be enough to give a shark second thoughts; the ice in his eyes only complimenting the savagery in his expression. "By all means, keep pushing me. Poor Kip learned that lesson, didn't he?"

 

Gary's face paled. "What about Kip? Are you saying you are responsible for him being out of touch? I know you were with him when his phone mysteriously stopped working. What exactly did you do to him?"

 

"Me? Cell phones today can be so - unreliable." Brian affected a look of innocence - a look that both men knew to be blatantly false. "I was taking a walk when I came upon him. I assure you, I left him in one piece." Brian flicked an imaginary piece of lint from his sleeve, his eyes even colder when he spoke. "The streets of Pittsburgh can be just as dangerous as the ones found in New York. It's really hard to say what kind of trouble a disagreeable chump like Kip might find."

 

Suddenly backing away, Gary sputtered, "Y-you d-don't scare me, Kinney. I'm not finished with you... and m-most certainly not with Justin. I will get to him. I swear that to you..."

 

Brian's eyes were filled with mockery as he watched the Sap's hasty retreat. He laughed in morbid amusement. Although knowing he would derive much pleasure in snapping the life from this odious piece of filth... his alternate method would torment the Sap even more. Sapperstein would have a long number of years in prison - a lifetime even - to agonize over everything he had lost... Justin in particular. As far as he was concerned, it would be poetic justice at its best.

 

After securing a cab, Brian gave the driver his destination. Once arriving, he paid the driver, along with a handsome tip. Why not, he thought. He was back in New York - even if only for a short part of the day - and he was in a very good mood. Within the hour, Justin's ordeal with Gary Sapperstein would be over. It was time they moved onto a true future. This stop would be the next step in that.

 


 

Sapperstein slammed into his office, his club manager bursting in almost immediately. "Sir... you need to get out of here. Slip out the back door or something..."

 

"What's going on?" he demanded, his eyes wide with dread, not knowing why, but fairly certain whatever had his manager disturbed, it would have something to do with Brian Kinney.

 

"Feds are here. They said they had a major tip of drugs on the premises. Uhhh, they're at your house too!"

 

"Fuck!" Gary hissed, rushing to his safe, he unlocked it, reaching inside, he withdrew bundles of cash he had stashed away for an emergency. "I just had a party last night. There are men tied up, probably still drugged out of their minds. But the club should be clean. I don't keep my shit here; at least, not enough to matter."

 

The door unceremoniously opened from behind him, two Federal agents covered with vests aggressively approaching. They held up two filled duffel bags with narcotics of the worst kind. "Clean, you say? We're just getting started here." They stopped within a few feet of the man that was clearly looking to run. "We'll take that too, Sir."

 

"That's my money. I own this club; you can't just confiscate everything in sight!" Gary argued, his eyes nervously assessing the both of them. "I don't even see a warrant on you."

 

Rolling his eyes, the senior agent spoke to his partner, "Parker, show Mr. Sapperstein the warrants." Clearing his throat, the agent in charge queried, "You are Gary Sapperstein... are you not?"

 

Nodding curtly, knowing there was no way to get out of that, Gary snatched the warrants from them, his eyes bulging as he read that they covered his home and club. Fucking Kinney! No wonder he had been so fucking cocky. That son-of-a-bitch had set him up. "I- I swear, this shit isn't mine. I've been set up... and I know by whom. You've got to listen to me!"

 

"Mr. Sapperstein, you are under arrest for drug trafficking and prostitution. Parker will read you your rights."

 

"You have the right to remain silent..." Sapperstein's mouth was compressed into a tight line as he was fully Mirandized, and he was uncaring when the same process was affected on his club manager. He'd been set up. What the fuck did he care who went down with him?

 

So, Kinney had gone all out to bring him down. They couldn't lock him up forever... at least, he hoped not. He had a score to settle. Now it wasn't only with Justin, but with his meddling lover as well. He could wait them out. They would never know when he would strike, but he swore to himself, one day he would...

 


 

"You've made a beautiful selection, Mr. Kinney." The salesman smiled at him, displaying the ring in the velvet box. "Did you need to leave it here for sizing?"

 

 

Shaking his head, Brian told him, "No. I want to give it to him tonight. If it needs to be sized, we can return."

 

"Yes, of course." Accepting the offered credit card, he hopefully asked, "Is there anything else I can show you today, Sir?"

 

"No, only I want two of these rings... a matching set." Brian smiled as the dollar signs leading to a very sizable commission sparkled in the salesman's eyes.

 

His heart fluttering in his chest, his hand slightly trembled as he completed the sale, quickly returning both with the receipt, rings, and the insurance information. "There you are, Sir. Please let me know if we can be of further assistance."

 

"I'll keep that in mind." Brian reached into his pocket, withdrawing a sizable money clip, he pulled off five, fresh one-hundred-dollar bills. He pushed it to the extremely helpful salesman. "This is in addition to your commission. Have a good day." Brian winked before he went through the door.

 

Brian was whistling as he stepped out onto Park Avenue, hailing a cab almost immediately. "JFK Airport." He patted the velvet boxes that lined his inner pockets, finding it almost incomprehensible his actions of today. What he had ensured to befall the Sap today wasn't anything truly remarkable. Prison was the exact end he thought that depraved, corrupter of innocents should have, but the very thought of proposing marriage to another man - never in a million years would he have thought that to be his reality.

 

As he neared the airport, Brian reflected on his initial meeting with Justin, quickly leading up to his offer. He could have never imagined such a scandalous, and illicit arrangement turning into the love of a lifetime; however, that was exactly what had happened. Now, he would go to Justin with another kind of offer. This one wouldn't have a set ending... at least, he hoped it didn't.

 

This one would be contractual in the heart, and with a marriage license to legally seal the deal. And far more important than the legal paperwork was that this one was designed to last forever.

 

TBC