- Text Size +

 

Justin exited the bank and slid back into Brian's chauffeured car, surprised at the ease and speed of that task. The bank book felt heavy in his pocket. It was almost a liberating feeling knowing his name was now a part of the system; the sense of security that feeling gave him was almost overwhelming. Despite what Brian was gaining in the equation, Justin was beginning to think he was getting even more from the deal. Financial independence, personal safety, and enhanced security were things he had never thought to achieve. And yet, this bizarre offer was giving him just that.

 

Brian slid in next to him, nodding to his driver to proceed, to his satisfaction noticing Ben take to the front passenger seat, leaving him alone in the back with Justin. "How does it feel?"

 

A bright smile was Justin's answer as he pulled the bank book from his pocket, his eyes fastened in wonder on his name typed on the ledger-style pages. He couldn't believe it. His benefactor was indeed changing his life. He didn't doubt this was only the beginning. "It doesn't feel real."

 

"Well, it is." Brian watched as his driver pulled out into traffic; knowing that Ben would supply the address to Justin's former apartment, he had no reason to pick up the phone to communicate. As it was - his intention was focused on Justin. There was no other place he wanted it to be.

 

Justin frowned as his eyes pulled to the opening deposit. He had assumed that Brian would only deposit the standard amount required by the bank - his bank - to open the account. That was definitely not the case. "Uhhh, why is there 2500 dollars deposited? It is Saturday, and I haven't even started our arrangement yet. I assumed you would start the payments at the end of next week."

 

"I guess you assumed wrong." Brian had no clue why he was being so generous with this man that had been nothing but an arousing aggravation so far; he only knew that he wanted to see him on the road to financial independence. It was his pleasure to be the provider. "Well, think about it - you are starting tonight - if I didn't pay you until next week I would be shorting you. That wouldn't be fair... would it?"

 

"Fair?" Justin mimicked. "I think the fact that you are giving me 5000 dollars a week would make those two days preceding the new week a bit insignificant."

 

Brian silenced him with a stern look. He didn't want to spend a lot of time rehashing their terms, especially the money involved. That kept it a business matter. At this point, that was resolved. Now, he wanted to move onto more pleasurable matters. As he looked over at his companion - in particular, that slightly pouty lower lip, Brian wasn't sure his restraint would last through dinner. In fact, he wasn't certain he wouldn't lunge on the boy the minute he had him back in his penthouse. After the kiss they had shared earlier, Brian was confident that Justin would be with him 100 percent. He ran a soothing, yet caressing hand along Justin's thigh. "Let's forget about the tedious business points for now. Okay?"

 

"If that's what you want..." Justin murmured, his eyes connecting with the possessive gleam in Brian's hazel eyes. "So... uhhh, what's next?"

 

"We are heading to your old apartment. I will come inside with you, and you can collect anything that you wish to keep - now or in the future." When the familiar look of fear appeared in Justin's eyes, Brian was quick to remind him - "My guard will be with us. Nothing bad will happen, Justin. I can promise you that."

 

Justin nodded. He didn't doubt that for a minute. It was strange how safe he felt with Brian, even though he'd only known him for a matter of days. He realized it could merely have to do with the self-assured presence Brian possessed; whatever it was - he was glad to be in Brian's good graces. One thing was for sure - he wouldn't want to be the enemy of Brian Kinney. "This is really unnecessary. Everything I really had to have was in my duffel bag."

 

Brian turned to look out the window, watching as they departed Manhattan and turned off into the less desirable side of the city. His eyes were cold, and almost calculating when he answered, "It's not unnecessary. Anything that belongs to you should be in your possession. If you no longer want it, then dispense with it as you will - but you won't be leaving it to these savages."

 

"Whatever you say..." Justin muttered indifferently. He didn't want to go back in that apartment, but this was Brian's little show. Obviously, he had no choice.

 

He didn't tell Justin how this outing was more about making a statement to his former roommate. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that such news would be brought to the Sap's attention immediately. Just another step in Justin's protection. Sapperstein would know that Justin was protected now. Brian was realistic enough to know that might not completely dissuade the Sap from his demented plans for Justin, but it would slow him down. Time was what he needed. Once he knew the whole picture between Sapperstein and Justin, he would be able to protect the blond more completely. He didn't understand why - but that was very important to him. Brian glanced at Justin, his eyes heating immensely when he looked into the slightly defiant blue orbs. He patted him on the knee, before he mockingly purred, "As long as you have that attitude, Justin, you and I are going to get along just fine."

 


 

Kip hatefully stared at the visage of Justin walking through the door. He couldn't believe it. There was no way he thought he'd come back. Gary had obviously moved in for the kill, and the pansy-ass boy had run. He'd always seen him as a weak-minded pussy; it didn't matter that he had the hottest ass around - the kid was trouble for him, and a pain in his ass. "I can't believe you slithered back in here. Gary's been looking for you all night. In fact, he made me comb the streets for you."

 

"You should have told him to fuck off..." Justin commented blandly. He smiled when he heard Brian snicker from behind him; Justin had actually been surprised that Brian had allowed him to step into the apartment first, but with him and his bodyguard nearby, there wasn't much to worry about here. Justin stepped fully into the apartment as if he didn't have a care in the world; ironically, being in his new situation with Brian, and being inside this place - he didn't have any. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he would walk out of here precisely as he'd entered - safe, and completely untouched.

 

Kip was about to scathingly fill Justin in on his horrific encounter with Gary, when his eyes fell on the man that followed Justin inside. He watched as the man looked at everything in the room but him, almost as if saying he found the presence of the other man insignificant. Although the man was undeniably hot, Kip decided he didn't like him. Another thought came quickly to mind - this man's presence with Justin would piss Gary off immensely. "Who the fuck is he?" he grumbled, refusing to be intimidated by the newcomer that walked around the room as if he owned the place. No, he didn't like this gorgeous stranger at all.

 

"Allow me to introduce myself." Brian's lips opened up into a smile resonant of a shark. This insipid little tool would be quivering in fear before he was done. He tilted his head to the side as he surveyed him. The roommate - Kip, he believed to be his name - wasn't unattractive, but one thing was apparent - this man was aligned with Gary Sapperstein. That made him an enemy. Brian intended to make his position very clear. "My name is Brian Kinney. I believe you must be Kip..."

 

Justin looked at Brian in surprise. There was no way he would have expected Brian to remember Kip's name. Perhaps it was part of being a banker and dealing with figures on a daily basis; it was clear his memory was sharp. What astounded him the most was that Brian would have found the name of his roommate worth remembering. Brian continued to surprise and completely amaze him. For some reason, Justin thought there would be many more such incidents before this was over. "Uhhh, Brian, I'm just going to check my room out and make sure I got everything..."

 

Kip turned his attention from Brian's assessing look to stare angrily at Justin. "What do you mean - make sure you got everything? Are you moving out?"

 

"Yes, I am, Kip. Feel free to line up the next pigeon for your depraved boss..."

 

His face turning red, he moved to intercept Justin, his steps immediately stilling when the coldest voice he'd ever heard halted him in his steps.

 

"Sit the fuck down... and leave him alone," Brian's tone was low and fierce. He didn't need Ben who lingered in the hallway monitoring them from a distance to handle this insignificant pup. He could tear him apart with his own hands if need be. For some reason, he detested this younger version of Sapperstein. He was grateful for the fact that Justin had been valuable to the Sap; if not, he was quite certain this young wannabe punk would have been all over Justin - possibly even by force. Brian looked toward Justin and nodded. "Do what you need to do, Justin. I'll keep your friend occupied..."

 

Kip obligingly sat back down. It wasn't as if he had any choice. "He isn't my friend."

 

"No." Brian flicked an imaginary piece of dirt from his sleeve. He didn't like this dingy, and all too cramped apartment. Justin should have better... and he would. "I'm sure not. Justin has better taste than that."

 

"Meaning you..." Kip bravely sneered. He refused to completely back down from this man. He had a feeling that would get him in a deeper hole than displaying vulnerability with Gary ever did.

 

"Perhaps..." Brian moved around the room, touching nothing, but visually taking everything in. Sitting on this cretin's furniture was the last thing he wanted to do. He looked at Kip with chips of ice in his eyes, his posture stiff and unyielding. There wasn't a doubt in his mind he would win any battles with this man - either mental or physical. "I want you to give your boss a message, although I'm sure you plan to whether I wish it or not."

 

Kip shrugged; he wasn't about to say yes or no to that accusation. He knew better. It could be a trap. This Brian Kinney was impossible to read. He had decided he wasn't about to try. "Tell him what exactly?"

 

"Tell him that Justin is with me now. If he tries to contact him, or coerce him in any way, not only will I come after him; I will destroy him. Tell him that for me. Won't you?" Brian spoke in a calm, even tone; it almost sounded as if he were speaking of something as mundane as the weather. That couldn't have been further from the truth. Serenity was the last emotion he felt right now.

 

"I'll tell him." Kip looked Brian straight in the eye. "I hope you know you've made an enemy. Gary doesn't like to let go of his property."

 

Brian laughed. It was menacing, and it was so cold it caused the other man to flinch. "Nor do I..." Brian returned. His eyes veered to the doorway where Justin had disappeared. "The difference is very simple, though. I hold onto what is mine."

 

"You're very confident, Mr. Kinney; that's hot and all, but let me tell you - Gary won't give up on Justin. For some reason, he thinks he has to have him." Shrugging indifferently, he continued, "I don't get it. He's just a piece of ass."

 

"I know you really don't believe that, Kipster." Brian turned when Justin appeared in the doorway, a smirk curving his lips when he noticed Justin had carried out some bulky items. "Nothing of any value to pick up? I had a feeling that wasn't the case."

 

Kip snorted. "God forbid he forget his easel and paints. He thinks he's an artist."

 

"Interesting..." Brian murmured. "Perhaps that's something I can help you explore."

 

"It's nothing, Brian." Justin blushed, not wanting to admit how much he loved to paint, draw... and anything connected to creating art. "I'm ready to go - that is, if you are."

 

Brian moved his eyes away from Justin to stare at Kip in dismissal. "I'm more than ready."

 

"Okay then." Justin breathed a sigh of relief when he moved out into the hallway, smiling in thanks to Ben who took some of the heavy objects from him. Justin didn't even look back when the door closed behind him. No matter what his new future held for him, he knew it would be a brighter one. He might have to sacrifice his self-respect, at least for a while, but he was safe. And after so many years of fearing for his life, and so many other things, being safe was a very good place to be.

 


 

They had barely stepped inside the penthouse when Brian pulled Justin against him for a mind-altering kiss that pushed every coherent thought clean from his mind. He had never been kissed like this man kissed him. There was something intensely arousing feeling so desperately desired by a man like Brian. This man could have anyone, and yet, he wanted him with this feverish intensity. Justin thought he might have stayed here without the inducement of the money. There wasn't a doubt that he needed it - but at the same time, there wasn't a doubt that he wanted Brian as well. His initial dread for the impending evening was continuing to dissipate. Justin began to wonder if any hesitancy would be all forgotten by the time he was in Brian's bed tonight.

 

Brian's hands slid up and down Justin's back, he barely associated the thump on the floor being the easels and art supplies Justin had brought back with him. The only thing he could think about now was the incredible feeling of this man in his arms. His tongue relearned every groove and texture of Justin's mouth; no taste would ever be enough. That thought gave him a moment of pause... but his overall need for Justin shut down all rational thought. Right now he didn't care if he was becoming more attached to Justin than he had the men in his past. All that mattered was having him. He would assuage that ache very soon. He only hoped once he had, the need wouldn't be so intense. For some reason, he didn't think that would be the case.

 

Justin moaned into the heat of Brian's mouth, his tongue meeting his, and curling around it. His cock thickened as they began an erotic dance just with their mouths; he could only imagine how more intimate explorations would affect him. "B-Brian..." Justin gasped. He didn't know what he was going to say, all he knew was that he was deeply affected by this kiss. Each one was becoming more intense... and more difficult to separate from. Justin began to think this was probably a sign of things to come.

 

Reluctantly, Brian pulled free; he wanted nothing more than to pull Justin into his bed right now. But he wasn't going to do that. He had promised him finesse and patience, as difficult as it may be - he would give him that. At least for tonight. After dinner, the gloves would be off. His breathing was ragged when he took a step back. "Why don't you take a shower and get ready for dinner. Ben wanted to speak to me for a few minutes, and I have a few correspondences to answer."

 

"Okay. I'll see you in a bit, then." Justin knew that Brian was deliberately placing distance between them. He understood that. Brian was obviously not accustomed to taking things slowly. That he was willing to do so with him said a lot. As he wandered away and into the bathroom to shower, Justin smiled as he became more at peace with his decision to be here. In fact... he was so much so, he knew exactly what he would do next.

 


 

Ben sat across from Brian, for some reason uncomfortable with the request he was about to make. "Brian... I hate to ask, but..."

 

"What is it?" Brian looked up from his computer, a frown piercing his brows together. "Is something wrong? Michael?"

 

"No, we're fine. Never better." Ben cleared his throat, before saying, "I know the timing is bad, and I haven't taken any time off for a long time, but I was wondering if I could use some vacation days. Michael has really been missing his mom, and I'd like to take him home to Pittsburgh to visit."

 

Brian was immediately relieved. He'd thought something was genuinely wrong. "Take the week off. I will be fine; I can always get someone to cover if need be."

 

"Thank you, Brian. This will mean everything to Michael." Ben was beyond relieved. He was close to his boss, but it was always hard to know how he would react - especially to these kinds of impromptu requests.

 

"I know it will. One thing, though. If you could do a quick task for me while you're in Pittsburgh..."

 

Ben looked at Brian expectantly, yet in deep confusion. "Task?"

 

Nodding, Brian told him, "I'd like you to engage a PI in the Pittsburgh area to do some investigating."

 

"I'm assuming Melanie?"

 

"Yes." Brian's voice was cold, his eyes suddenly filling with anger. "I don't trust her, nor do I approve of how she speaks around my son. I want to know everything that is going on in her life - past and present."

 

"I thought you were already looking into that."

 

"I had... but I think a firm in Pittsburgh would get me better results. Have them send the reports directly to me; all I need you to do is hire the firm." Brian had mixed feelings about this investigation. A part of him didn't want to find anything; doing so would mean his son wasn't receiving the best possible care, but if he did discover something - she would be gone from Gus' life.

 

Ben stood to his feet, nodding his complete understanding. He loved Gus, and despite how hard Brian could be, he knew Brian loved his son more than anything in the world. If Melanie wasn't what she appeared to be, he wanted her gone as well. "I'll get on it Monday morning."

 

Brian was about to respond when he heard movement in the hallway, before the sound stopped about midway in the room. He arched a brow as his eyes swept over Justin covered by the same robe he had teased him with last night. "Is this your dinner attire, Mr. Taylor?"

 

Justin blushed as Ben shook his head and discreetly slipped out of the penthouse. He stiffened his back; now wasn't the time to be timid. He had made this decision... and he would follow it through. This was what he wanted... and he didn't want to delay it any longer. His hand toyed with the single tie that had so enticed Brian the night before; one finger began to trail over his lips, as the other began to slowly tug at the fastening. "I suppose it could be, Mr. Kinney."

 

His nostrils flaring, Brian stood, but didn't move any closer. If he did, he would pounce on the seductive little fucker - here and now. "I hope you know that you're playing with fire, little boy."

 

"Who says I'm playing?" Justin taunted him. "I don't want to wait until after dinner, Brian. I will, if that's what you want, though."

 

Brian's cock twitched as he watched Justin pull the tie completely free. A low growl hummed from his throat. He couldn't wait to get his hands and mouth on him. "Take it off, Justin. Then, I'll show you exactly what I want."

 

Justin didn't delay. In an instant he pushed the robe from his shoulders; his eyes looked directly at Brian's face as the brunet's eyes slowly moved over him. His own heart beat erratically in his chest as he felt smothered by the naked yearning in Brian's eyes. What scared him the most was in knowing he wanted Brian just as intensely. He knew it wasn't right with their special circumstances, but he couldn't fight it either. On every level, he wanted Brian Kinney.

 

"You are so fucking beautiful..." Brian's voice was a mere rasp, when he commanded, "Come here, Justin."

 

Nervously, yet with an air of confidence, Justin began to close the distance that separated them. This was the true beginning of this bizarre relationship they each had entered. Justin knew whether good times or bad, his life had irrevocably changed. He couldn't wait to discover exactly what it all would mean.

 

TBC