- Text Size +

 

"Okay, Clive - change of plans..." Brian muttered into the phone. He was freezing as he stood on the terrace making the phone call, cautious not to be overheard by Justin. This call was for his benefit - in particular for Jennifer Taylor; however, he didn't want him to know anything until he had something of a more positive nature to report. Some might call it controlling the young blond in another way. In his mind, it was protecting him from more heartbreak and disappointment. It was his opinion that Justin had suffered more than enough of that already.

 

Stifling a long-suffering moan, Clive obligingly asked, "How so, Brian?"

 

"The custody issue has been resolved. My son's mother has signed over her parental rights. It should be a simple matter of filing it in the court system, and acquiring full custody of my son." Brian was relieved about that; in fact, more than he cared to admit. He had never felt good about his son living so far away... and now, after seeing how Gus' welfare had been so much at risk, this was the only solution that was the least bit acceptable.

 

Clive gasped in surprise. It was a sound that hadn't ever been heard by many of his clients. He had been an attorney for too many years to be easily rattled. Today, he had been. Sputtering, he asked, "Parental rights!? L-Lindsay? How did you manage that?" At once his eyes narrowed in suspicion, before he accused, "Oh God. You used some form of blackmail. Her partner is an attorney, Brian. It will all be overturned!"

 

"It wasn't exactly blackmail, Clive." His eyes glittered angrily as he thought of what those two incompetent women - one in particular - had almost cost him. His son would never be placed in such jeopardy again. "Call it justice. However, that doesn't matter. All that you need to know is that Lindsay won't be disputing it."

 

"Okay..." he answered, clearly not understanding how it happened, but wise enough to know when not to push. "You mentioned a change of plans. Was there some other legal matter?"

 

"Yes. I need you to find me the best criminal defense lawyer that can appear in court in Pittsburgh. I don't care about the fee; all that matters is a lawyer that can make miracles happen."

 

Clive couldn't hold back the groan this time. "Criminal lawyer? God, Brian. What have you done now?"

 

Brian cursed underneath his breath, despite being in an isolated location, mindful not to say anything his young son could possibly overhear. "Your faith in me is overwhelming, Clive."

 

"Well, you're not exactly forthcoming with information to give me good cause, Brian."

 

"Enough," Brian growled impatiently. "I don't have all night to argue with you. I need representation for Justin's mother, Jennifer Taylor. She has confessed to the murder of her estranged husband. Again, I don't care about the fee; I want her to have a fair trial, but one with a reduced sentence - if any at all."

 

Clive gasped in disbelief. Brian had become quite attached to the young man named in the contract he had prepared for the two men. It was amazing, and sad as well. A murder confession generally holds up in court. He doubted there was much that could be done. Knowing when to speak up and when to remain silent, Clive tactfully replied, "I'll see what I can do, Brian. However, I must advise you, a murder confession is difficult to defend."

 

"I know that." A rare sigh passed through Brian's lips. "I promised Justin I would make this right; I can't let him down, Clive. I need this attorney immediately. I'm counting on you to make it happen."

 

"I'll do my best, Brian... and I'll be in touch as soon as possible with the results."

 

"Thank you." Brian turned as he heard the terrace door opening and closing, Ben's eyes looking at him in concern, before speaking a rushed goodbye to his attorney. Absently pocketing his phone, Brian asked, "How is Gus?" He had given Lindsay time with Gus earlier, although Ben had been dutifully standing by to monitor them.

 

"He's fine. Debbie just got him settled in for the night. She offered to stay with him tonight - if you wanted."

 

Shaking his head, Brian told him, "No, we'll be fine on our own. Gus will probably sleep through the night, and that threat is now resolved. Spend the evening with Michael, and I'll see you tomorrow."

 

"Are you sure, Brian? Don't forget, Gary Sapperstein is still out there. Who knows what he might do..."

 

Brian snorted. "I'm not worried about the Sap. I'll take care of him when we return to New York. He was just a tool in Craig Taylor's game. Sapperstein's true goal was in keeping Justin under his control."

 

"Yes, that's probably true, but I think Justin will need to be watched over when we return to New York." Ben didn't like to harp on the point, especially with all that Brian had going on, but his gut told him that Sapperstein hadn't given up on reclaiming his star attraction.

 

"That's a given," Brian snapped. "Sapperstein isn't finished with Justin, he was far too obsessed with him. However, that will happen in New York - not in Pittsburgh. We'll work out his protection on our return. For now, I have to wrap up this custody situation and resolve Jennifer Taylor's legal troubles. Then, we can go home."

 

Ben's eyes widened incredulously. "Resolve? She killed a man, Brian. Whether deserved or not - it was still pre-meditated. There is no going back from that."

 

"I've done a bit of research, Ben. She was an abused woman - physically and mentally. Not only that - her son was also abused by the same asshole. I've read articles regarding women being acquitted in those circumstances." Brian's nostrils flared in anger, his determination reaching new heights. "I promised Justin I would make this happen. No matter what I have to do - I won't let him down. He's suffered enough."

 

Unable to argue that final point, Ben didn't comment; however, one thing was blatantly obvious... whether Brian wanted to accept it or not - he was falling hopelessly in love with Justin Taylor. It was doubtful that Brian realized it or would admit it, but the truth of it was plain to see. "Brian, I think it's admirable what you're trying to do for Justin; however, I don't think you should get the kid's hopes up. The odds are stacked against it... and you."

 

"I thought you knew me better than that. I don't give a fuck about odds. If I can't walk around an obstacle - I break them! Mark my words - I will accomplish what I set out to do!"

 

Ben knew better than to continue arguing. No one won against Brian when he was this determined. In fact, winning against Brian Kinney was virtually impossible at any time. Despite his reservations, this was Brian's call, he wouldn't interfere. "I'll say goodnight, then. Are you sure you don't want Debbie to spend the night?"

 

"I'm sure. Gus' room is close to mine. We'll be fine. I'll see you in the morning, though."

 

After thanking Debbie and Michael for their help with Gus today, Brian showed them out, mindful to lock the suite securely behind them. His eyes veered to his bedroom where he knew Justin waited for him, but first, he walked to Gus' room, knowing nothing was more important than seeing to his son's comfort. Quietly he opened the door, the sight that greeted him causing a tender smile to curve his lips, and his heart burst with love for the smaller version of himself. Gus was curled on his side, clutching to him a large stuffed dinosaur he had bought for him during his last visit to New York. Lindsay had delivered his things on her visit earlier, a fact that had convinced him that she had truly accepted the future, and wouldn't cause them any further problems.

 

Brian smiled as he made the small walk to his own bedroom, exhilaration soaring in him that Gus chose that toy to cling to over all the dozens he possessed. Gus had taken the talk very well; in fact, he seemed ecstatic that the roles would be reversed and that he would be living with Daddy now, and only receiving visits from Mommy. There was no way of knowing how Gus would respond to that in the future, but for now, his son was happy. Right now, that was all that truly mattered.

 

Opening the door to his room, Brian paused to admire the sight of Justin staring out the large window overlooking the river. The beautiful blond was bare-chested, only a pair of snug boxers clinging to his perfect body. Brian wanted him instantly. He always wanted him, but seeing him now so attainable, made him want to press up against him and take him with all the urgency and desire that constantly surged within him. Instead, he closed the door, maintaining his distance. He was certain he wouldn't have that restraint for long, though.

 

"Absorbing view, is it?" Brian drawled sarcastically.

 

"Hardly." Justin turned to face Brian, his nose scrunching up when replying, "It hasn't changed much at all."

 

Brian slowly sauntered closer, his eyes moving to the view below. "If it has, it's only dirtier."

 

Justin laughed. "New York City has a few spots like that, too."

 

"Not from my penthouse view..." Brian turned to face the young blond, his hand reaching upward to stroke the side of his face. "How are you? I've been busy since we returned, I haven't had the chance to really check on you."

 

"I'm fine." Lifting his eyes to meet the disbelief in Brian's, Justin smiled weakly. "Okay, I'm as fine as I can be. Seeing my mom today - and in those circumstances - wasn't easy, but I'm glad you convinced me to go. We both needed closure."

 

Brian frowned. This was not the boy who had been hell-bent on gaining his mother's release. "Closure? I thought this was a new beginning for you... in a manner of speaking. Where is the boy that was fiercely committed to seeing his mother released?"

 

"I still want that." Justin shrugged almost in defeat. "I know you can do a lot, Brian, but this is immense. I don't even think the Great God Kinney can solve this."

 

An eyebrow arched, his arms crossing over his chest as he surveyed the clearly depressed young man. "You have no idea what I can do, Taylor. You might just find out, though. I've already started by calling my attorney. By tomorrow, I hope to have the name of the best criminal trial lawyer money can buy. That will change things from hopeless to your mother having a fighting chance."

 

"Will it really?" Justin pondered. "She confessed to murder. Despite the reasons behind it, is there really any coming back from that?"

 

"You might be surprised what can happen with the right legal support." Brian moved in closer; Justin needed to get his mind off things that couldn't be resolved tonight, or even tomorrow. He knew exactly how to go about that. "Lay down. You are filled with tension. Let me rub that out for you..."

 

"Rub it out?" Justin smiled at his lover provocatively. "Is that what we're calling it now?"

 

Brian grunted. "No, little twat. I'm not talking about rubbing one out on your cock. I'm speaking of the tension in your body." Rolling his lips under, Brian continued, "Of course, once that is done, I wouldn't be averse to much more..."

 

"I'm sure you wouldn't, Mr. Kinney. It's been a couple of days, hasn't it? Must be some kind of record." Justin smirked as he laid down on the bed, laughing as he heard the growl that immediately resounded from behind him.

 

"Teasing little fucker. Not only do you remind me of that fact, but you do so while wiggling that hot little ass in my face. I think there needs to be a payback for that." Brian stepped into the master bathroom, deftly removing condoms, lube, and lotion from his carry-on bag. He tossed them onto the bed next to Justin before he began stripping down to nothing. At first, he proceeded slowly; however, once his eyes homed in on Justin continuing to wiggle impatiently on the bed, and to his surprise finding Justin had removed his only remaining covering, his disrobing progressed much more quickly.

 

His eyes moving to the supplies first, then to Brian nearly naked behind him, Justin teasingly submitted, "A naked masseuse? I don't think I've ever had one of those."

 

"Hmph," Brian snorted. "I knew you were green. Stick with me, Taylor... I will broaden your horizons."

 

Stick with him? When this arrangement had started, staying with this arrogant man was the last thing he ever thought he would want to do; now, he couldn't imagine wanting to be anywhere else. Justin smiled as he felt Brian's body lowering onto the bed, a moan escaping as he felt the hot naked body pressing intimately against him. When he felt Brian's hard cock brushing across the back of his legs, he provocatively whispered, "Exactly what kind of massage is this to be, Mr. Kinney?"

 

Brian arched a brow, his eyes hotly roving over the suddenly not so tense body. His tongue began to slide up the center of Justin's back, his teeth slowing down the process by taking teasing little nips from his skin. "The one in which I excel... and one you receive so well."

 

"Yeah, I thought so." Justin wasn't complaining. He wanted Brian inside of him. In fact, he craved it. "So, are you going to fuck me, or play games all night?"

 

Skillfully, yet with great speed, Brian sheathed his throbbing cock, generously lubing the latex, his urgency driving him onward. Grasping Justin's wiggling hips in his hands, Brian used his leg to scissor Justin's apart, his cock sliding into his blond lover without any warning. His mouth opened on Justin's spine as his eyes crawled upward to see Justin's back arching backwards in a combination of surprise and a state of near bliss. Brian understood that feeling very well. Nothing felt like being inside of Justin; now that he was back in him again, that assessment was more than reaffirmed. "Bossiest bottom I've ever had," Brian hissed into Justin's skin.

 

"You've said that before..." Justin grunted, his body quickly adjusting to Brian's possession. Fuck, he had missed this. He was quickly coming to realize, it didn't matter if it was a day, or mere hours - ending a day without being possessed by Brian was far too long. From where they had started, Justin couldn't believe how strongly he felt for this man, but one thing was for certain - he was exactly where he wanted to be. No amount of money would change that. Sensing that Brian was forcing himself to move slowly, thinking it was what he needed, Justin urged him on, "Go on, Brian. Fuck me harder. This is life; I n-need to feel that again."

 

Brian had similar thoughts; at least, for as much as he could lucidly think about anything. As he rocked his hips fully into Justin's hole, Brian couldn't let go of the thought that nothing felt this good; in fact - that nothing had ever felt this good. Justin was becoming an addiction; he could even go as far as to say the blond had become an obsession. One that he doubted would ever end. Whether he wanted to admit it or not, this boy and his unique set of problems were a huge part of his life. What was even more surprising was in knowing he wouldn't change any of it.

 

Frenzied pants and moans later, each of them was reaching for a much-needed release; both of them were of a similar mind. Despite the arrangement that brought them together initially, it wasn't what held them now. A connection had been forged, one that neither man wished to see severed. It was now just a question of how their fate finished running the course.

 

TBC