- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Banner: Credit goes to the amazingly talented Tanya - tatjana_yurkina.

Disclaimer: I do NOT own the characters of Queer as Folk or Dante's Cove. This is written for entertainment purposes only.

 

Dante's Cove - 1840

 

"Such a beautiful day, my love..." Grace purred, looking up at the sky with a mischievous glint in her eyes, her hand clutching onto Brian's arm as they walked along the avenue.

 

Brian averted his gaze, the false words tumbling freely from his mouth, "It's made even more so with you by my side, my dear." He tipped his hat to a young girl that passed them on the walk, an instant later the powers of Tresum inside of him foretelling him of impending doom. His eyes narrowed on Grace, at this moment hoping his Tresum knowledge was misplaced... and another innocent girl wasn't about to face her death. Brian soon knew his abilities were well intact when he viewed the look just behind Grace's eyes... the one she always failed to completely mask. He faced forward, continuing their walk, knowing there was nothing he could do in this instant to save the girl. He felt the chill that passed over him as the girl was met with the most vengeful and painful death that Grace could administer, albeit in quick fashion. Brian didn't have to look to know the girl now to be crumpled on the ground, her face a hideous sight to the beauty she once possessed.

 

They walked silently the rest of the way to Brian's home, each of them knowing the matter of the girl would be addressed. It wasn't long before Brian prodded, "You seem distracted."

 

Grace stalled for a few minutes, before she finally admitted, "Well, if you must know. I saw the way you looked at that girl..."

 

Brian had a difficult time not laughing at that. How could such a master of Tresum not know how ludicrous such accusations were - most especially, pertaining to him. He forced himself to sound sincere... and not condescending, when he replied, "Grace. Let me assure you - I have no interest in another woman."

 

"I want to believe you..." Grace went on to say, her hesitation more than apparent... and yet her desire to be Brian's wife, affecting her powers of reason.

 

Moving forward, Brian clasped her hands in his own, kissing each one lightly. He was walking a dangerous path here. There was no backing out now. He knew the consequences of either abandoning Grace or breaking her heart. As of now, her power far surpassed his own. He couldn't take the risk of her destroying him. Developing his own powers within Tresum was all that mattered to him. He would find a way to balance who he was with who she wanted him to be. It was truly the only way. Looking deeply into her eyes, his most soulful expression in place, Brian told her, "If we are going to be married, you really need to trust me."

 

Grace sighed; realizing Brian was right, she forced all the negativity that her mother had implanted within her to the back of her mind. She had to let her fears and doubts go. Nothing could prevent her marriage to Brian. Not only did she love him with an intensity that she knew was obsessive and out of control... but she realized he was a Tresum power. One day he would be immensely powerful. That power needed to be under her control. She vowed she would have both Brian and his power.

 

Brian fully satisfied her doubts with a kiss that would leave any recipient quivering, a complete mass of need that thought only of him. He amused himself in knowing he needed to employ no magic for such a result. It was all a byproduct of his immense charm. When she began to cling to him, desiring much more, and something he had no intention of giving her, Brian firmly told her, "Not now." When Grace protested his determination to wait until their wedding night, he worried he might have gone too far by the flash of suspicion that appeared in her eyes. Creating such a chord within Grace Neville's mind, was never a good thing - for anyone.

 

At last, she conceded, although far from pleased with the situation. "Mother is expecting me... so, I should go."

 

"Until tomorrow," Brian murmured, his most disarming smile in place. He watched as Grace left, not missing how she studied him almost analytically; fully realizing this dangerous game he was playing - one that he knew she was playing just as intensely, could backfire on him drastically. Brian vowed that wasn't about to happen. Soon after she departed down the street, Brian's lips quirked as he felt a presence coming up behind him... his valet's timing impeccable as always. The offer that he knew to be forthcoming, one that he had every intention of accepting.

 

His valet so properly asked him, "Is there anything you require, Sir?"

 

Still looking out at the spot from where Grace had departed, Brian answered silkily, "Yes, Raymond. As a matter of fact... there is."

 

Brian didn't need to turn to see the smile, nor the look of anticipation on Raymond's face. He knew it well. This was a very familiar game for the two of them. He slipped from his jacket, before slowly moving around his lover, slipping his coat from his shoulders; following this session with Grace, needing to feel the tightness of a man's ass surrounding his cock, taking him to an oblivion that would take his thoughts far away from the consummation of his marriage bed. How he would endure that he had no idea. He only knew that for a time he had to find a way. Perhaps the memories of moments like this would be what would see him through.

 

Within moments, they were bare to the waist, mouths quickly engaging, teeth biting at any expanse of skin they could reach... the lustful frenzy overtaking all common sense toward the danger that would soon befall them. Soon, Brian was doing what he rarely did for another man. He was on his knees sucking his valet's cock into the back of his throat... his lust completely carrying him away. When Raymond shot his heavy load into his throat, Brian wasted no time in standing to his feet, flipping him over the back of the couch... his cock slamming quickly into him. In and out, he rammed into his receptive valet, when they each looked up to see the horror and instant revulsion on Grace's face.

 

"Grace!" Brian called out, his fear for survival immediately materializing. Brian knew if Grace so wished it, they were both dead. He felt great remorse when he read what she planned, knowing there would be nothing he could do to save Raymond. As much as he knew he didn't love Raymond... or anyone else for that matter, he wasn't definitive evil. Brian didn't want to be the cause of Raymond's death. As he helplessly watched, he knew that was exactly what was about to occur. "No..." he whispered. He hadn't wanted any of this. All he wanted was the power that was destined to be his. A power that she was trying to fully claim for herself. Deceiving her was the only way he could channel it back where it belonged. It now appeared that all his efforts were to go for nothing.

 

"You filthy piece of rubbish..." Grace hissed as her eyes turned into fiery embers, her gaze fully encompassed on Raymond, no mercy to be found within her.

 

Uncharacteristically, Brian pleaded with her. "No, Grace. Please don't do this. This solves nothing!" Brian could do nothing other than watch his lover writhing in pain on the floor, his body shriveling up into nothing... the life in him being viciously destroyed. He watched with dread as her eyes returned to him, her murderous spell now extinguished... but her punishment for him was still carried out. Brian knew it wouldn't end with Raymond's death. Grace was evil, her heart completely filled with malice; when betrayed she was a power that couldn't be challenged. Brian knew he was facing his greatest challenge now... one that he needed to find a way to survive.

 

"Consider the wedding night spoiled," she snarled, a screech of rage rising up from the depths of her soul, before she mentally transported them to the place where he knew his punishment was about to be administered. Brian's eyes flickered open to find his wrists tightly manacled by chains, the only sight before him was his reflection in the antique mirror and Grace's menacing presence before him.

 

Brian began to question where she had taken him, his fear replaced by anger when she refused to answer him. He felt a chill moving down his spine when she emitted the most maniacal laugh he had ever heard. He didn't question how doomed he was now. Somehow he would use his knowledge of Tresum... and he would escape this. And when he did, and he was fully empowered - oh how this madwoman would pay. Brian knew he could end his torment now with a few words. She still craved his power... and she desired him still. No. He wouldn't do that. He had sacrificed his self-respect during the games he had played with her... and after what she had done to Raymond - he would face his own destruction before ever succumbing to her.

 

Grace continued to taunt him. "Come back to me or you shall be chained here for an eternity."

 

There was no going back for him now. The truth had now been revealed about him... he wouldn't hide that again - not for any power. There would be another way... and he vowed he would find it. Cowering and clinging to her was no longer an option... and it was a behavior that wasn't only beneath him, but not one that should ever be attributed to him. "I would rather rot in hell than be with you."

 

Rage and insanity shot immediately from her eyes. "You will come back to me, Brian. In time you will give me everything I want. I swear to you that!"

 

"Set me free," Brian demanded, determined not to allow fear to overwhelm him... knowing he just needed to learn more and his power could equal her own. He just needed time away from her.

 

"You'll have your freedom, Brian." Her eyes raked over him coldly, still unable to accept that he preferred to be with men over surrendering to her. "A kiss of a young man shall set you free."

 

Brian almost laughed at the simplicity of the conditions of her spell. However, he knew this woman far too well. It wouldn't be that easy. "I shall find a young man... and he will desire me."

 

She stepped toward Brian, the back of her hand stroking his face. Her voice cracking, she whispered, "Such a beautiful face." Grace turned from him and walked back toward the mirror, blocking his view of himself. She looked into it, speaking as if in regret. "Forgive me, I forget how much you love your reflection." Stepping away from the mirror, she allowed Brian to see himself, watching as the horror and grim acceptance overwhelmed him.

 

"No..." Brian gasped, the voice now of an old man, his face and body to match. Gone were his perfect brunet waves, now to be replaced by scraggly white strands that flew around his head untamed. His face was haggard, and filled with aged lines. Not only did he find his appearance old, but he found himself unworthy of any man's touch. In this instant, he found himself truly doomed... in more ways than this bitch could ever understand.

 

Brian didn't even watch or hear her departure, his head hanging in despair. He gritted his teeth in fury and his need for revenge on this vengeful woman... vowing that one day he would both achieve that, as well as be free from his prison. He quickly realized himself to be in the cellar of what he assumed to be her mother's home when his powers enabled him to hear their voices just above him. Grace had led his mother into believing he was dead. Vicious old hag. Mother like daughter, he quickly thought. They would pay for this - and equally so.

 

He would feed on his knowledge of Tresum... and he would develop his magic. For now, that was all he had. Brian had never been more determined. He didn't care what he looked like now, he would be free again... and he would regain his beauty. A young man would come to him and free him with a kiss.

 

Little did Brian know of his full destiny. When the time was right, one man's kiss would free him... and possess his more predatory and savage desires in a single instant. Brian knew he had much to learn about Tresum... but he had, even more, to learn about obsession and desire... and the most foreign emotion of all - love. One day he would.

 

TBC

Chapter End Notes:

Tresum - A powerful form of witchcraft, resembling an ancient religion that binds the carriers together. In its full power, it is the highest form of witchcraft.