- Text Size +

 

Justin's eyes slowly flickered open, his vision moderately adjusting to the light and the figure seated at the side of his bed. Gradually pulling his visitor into focus, he smiled seeing it was Ethan. He frowned at the thought. Who else could it have been? There was some nagging thought in the back of his mind that he had been expecting someone else... but that didn't make any sense. He didn't know anyone here really. He had met Ethan's friends only briefly... and then there was nothing. He smiled at his boyfriend, his worry scrunching his brows together. "E-Ethan? What's going on?" He looked around the room, realizing for the first time he was in a hospital bed. "This is a hospital, right?"

 

Ethan's eyes widened, his gaze pulling to Daphne standing at the foot of the bed. "Uh yeah, Justin. You were admitted last night. We were really worried."

 

"We?" he asked in growing confusion. Turning, he looked down to see where Ethan's friend was standing, her expression appearing as perplexed as he felt. "Daphne, wasn't it?"

 

Daphne moved around to the other side of the bed, her hand reaching out to touch his arm reassuringly. She touched him, her eyes widening with fright for a moment. "Magic. There have been incredible forces in this room." She closed her eyes trying to feel more, but barriers immediately raised to stop her. She glanced at Ethan, looking away at the disapproval in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Justin. I get carried away sometimes. Yes, you're right. I'm Daphne."

 

Justin looked at Daphne with a degree of uncertainty. "Magic? What kind of magic?"

 

Ethan rose to his feet, moving closer to stroke the side of Justin's face. "Ignore her ramblings, Baby. She is obsessed with magic. All that you need to worry about is resting and coming home with me later."

 

"Soon I hope," Justin grumbled. "I don't like it here."

 

Daphne shuddered. "I can see why." As an afterthought, she glared at her good friend. "And I am not obsessed with magic. I just know when I feel a Tresum power nearby."

 

Justin's eyes became wide with fear. A fear he didn't understand. He slowly began to sit up, Daphne and Ethan looking at each other in surprise. "T-Tresum? Did you say Tresum?" Justin had no idea why he was asking the question. So much was confusing him. Nothing was making sense. It was like a part of him was missing. But that didn't make any sense either. Ethan was here. They were together. What else really mattered?

 

"Does the mention of Tresum mean something to you, Justin?" Daphne asked, watching Justin closely... her knowledge of the ancient power that closely resembled a religion telling her that Justin's life had somehow been touched by true Tresum power. To what ends she didn't know... but Justin's life and path had been affected by it. For his sake, as well as Ethan's, she needed to find out what and hopefully do something to neutralize that power.

 

Ethan gasped in disbelief. "Daphne, now isn't the time to confuse Justin with your hocus pocus. He's had a rough night. He doesn't need this shit right now."

 

"Tresum is not hocus pocus." She glared at her friend in fury. "I hate when you mock me. I am telling you that something strange happened here last night... and it has to do with magic. I'm only trying to help both you and Justin."

 

Justin sat up on the side of the bed, his hand reaching out to touch Daphne's in comfort. "Don't pay him any attention. Ethan is very pragmatic. He doesn't believe in anything he can't clearly see."

 

"Ethan is still in the room... if you hadn't noticed," he whined almost petulantly. "But I can see one thing, you are ready to come home with me. I'll go see what I can do about getting your release papers sped along."

 

"Thank you." Justin cast a loving smile at his boyfriend, unaware that it didn't quite reach his eyes; a fact that didn't go unnoticed by the woman hovering next to his side.

 

Daphne watched Ethan leave the room, before she turned back to face Justin with a narrow-eyed gaze. "You're not in love with him. Are you?"

 

Justin's jaw dropped. He frowned at her in amazement. "What are you talking about? Of course, I love him."

 

"I don't think you understood me," she began more gently. "You may love him; in fact, I'm sure you do. However, you are not in love with him."

 

"I really don't think you're in the position to make that assessment, Daphne. We've just barely met." Justin looked away from her probing eyes, in his heart fearing that she could be right. He had already clearly mapped out what he thought his life would be here in Dante's Cove. Her announcement didn't fit in well with his long-term plans.

 

She pursed her lips as she examined him closely. "You might not realize it, Justin... but I think in fairness to both yourself and Ethan, you really need to give it some thought."

 

Justin's back stiffened sharply. "There's nothing to think about. I love Ethan. He is the only man for me."

 

Daphne didn't believe him; although, she believed Justin meant what he was saying. "I hope so, Justin. I really do."

 


 

Brian knew he should force himself to fully awaken, but for some reason, found himself hesitant to do so. He realized in part it could have been in spending his first night of comfortable sleeping in an actual bed, and not in a chained position for the first time in over a century. As much as that would provoke a sleep-induced state for him, Brian knew it was much more. He wasn't one to linger in bed when there were things to do. And there were many things for him to do. He had a life to get established here in Dante's Cove... then there was Justin. The obstacles that hindered his pursuit of the man that he knew was destined to be his, needed to be worked out quickly. Brian didn't intend to allow Justin to become further enmeshed in the life of this Ethan that he professed to love.

 

He flinched in his semi-sleep as he thought of this still unknown man. Justin couldn't love him truly. They were meant to be together. Brian had felt this through the deepest powers of Tresum long before he had summoned him to set him free. "Justin..." he whispered in a half-awake state. He wanted him so badly. Brian knew he would have him. It would only be a matter of time... and not much at that. His need was too great. He had to bind him to him quickly. Once he had Justin secured at his side, he could share the beauty of Tresum with him... among so many other treasures. With his guidance, Justin would develop his own powers within Tresum... and then, he could merge them into his own. At that moment, he would be so powerful that Grace could never threaten or harm anyone he cared about again.

 

First, he had to seduce Justin. The attachment he felt toward Ethan needed to be permanently severed. Brian knew he would do whatever he deemed necessary to achieve that. Nothing was more important than fulfilling his destiny. Justin and the full power they would attain together was his true fate. He had been tormented by the visions for so many years now. He had remained patient within his chains knowing what had been waiting for him. There had never been a doubt in his mind that Justin would be worth it. Even now as he continued to realize the difficulty of his pursuit - whether it be Grace's interference or Justin's remarkable resistance, Brian still believed Justin would be worth everything.

 

Brian suddenly found his sleep-hazed state slipping away when the most erotic of sensations began to consume him. He blinked his eyes open at what he saw before him. His first instinct told him it had to be a dream. He knew he had to still be sleeping, but when he watched that beautiful body that he so desperately desired beginning to sinuously slide against his own, Brian lost all grasp on rational thought. How was calm, cohesive thought possible when the object he most desired was so obviously willing and burning with the same hunger that consumed him. He shook his head in slight disbelief when Justin pulled the sheet away, the only covering that separated their naked bodies. Brian knew this wasn't possible... but there was nothing he wanted more than to have this boy. He was alarmed by the intensity of his desire for Justin... but he was quickly coming to realize it was inescapable.

 

"This isn't possible," Brian whispered, his head arching back as Justin's lips moved up his legs, playfully bypassing his cock to swirl languorously around his navel. "The spell. You shouldn't remember me or know how to come to me." Brian began to wonder if he had somehow summoned Justin to him in his subconscious mind. He knew it wasn't impossible. His Tresum powers were great... but he should be able to remember it now that he's awake.

 

His tongue began to stab into Brian's navel, a moan of desire rolling freely from his throat. "I don't know about any spell. I just knew I had to come to you."

 

Brian's fingers began to sink into the blond strands, kneading them in and out, his cock twitching at having his chosen prey so acquiescent before him. "My desire for you is equal within you Justin. Magic could not circumvent that." Brian growled as Justin flattened his body against his, hips jerking in readiness to spread the beautiful boy open beneath him. "You were meant to be mine. None of her sorcery will ever stop me."

 

"Yours..." Justin purred against Brian's neck, his tongue slowly tasting his skin, a deep needful groan escaping when Brian's fingers slid down to sink into the curves of his ass.

 

"Always mine," Brian snarled, his breathing beginning to quicken, unaware of how soon his desire would turn into the deepest of rage.

 

The evil cackle escaped at the same time long strands of reddish hair replaced the blond strands against his neck, the true identity of this interlude quickly revealed. "How right you are, my pet. You will always be mine. No one else shall ever have you!"

 

Brian grasped the vicious bitch around her throat, his hands squeezing before he wrestled her beneath him. A red glow flared in his eyes as she became silent, her gaze hypnotized by the spell he was silently evoking. Brian didn't wait long to let his intentions be known. His voice began to vibrate as he commanded, "Powers of Tresum - hear my call. Enslave the bitch that seeks to destroy me. Powers of Tresum, chain her in the bonds that once enslaved me. I implore you, imprison her now!" In the briefest of moments, they were once again propelled to the cellar that had been his home for over one hundred years. This time his former captor was the one in chains.

 

A shrill laugh followed, one that soon turned into screams of rage and terror. "You can't do this, Brian! You don't have the power to keep me in chains! I will summon the full wrath of Tresum upon you!"

 

"Do your worst!" Brian hissed. "Every time you escape and try to fuck with my life, I will find another way to thwart you. My Tresum powers have fully evolved. It is time for you to accept it."

 

"I will find out who has empowered you... and I will destroy them! I swear to you, Brian - I will!" Grace yanked at the bonds that held her knowing nothing but magic could free her now.

 

Brian smiled coldly at her, his mind quickly diverting to what he needed to do next. "Don't worry, Grace. I'll return to give you updates on my progress... or better yet, perhaps I'll visit you again in... hmmm, let's say another one-hundred years."

 

"Bastard!" she screamed as Brian quickly moved up the stairs, her teeth grinding together as she heard him securing the lock in place. "I should have killed you! I will correct my past mistakes when I am free."

 

Amused laughter filled the room, a laugh filled with joy at Brian's victory, along with contempt for the woman now in chains. As the blonde materialized in front of the chained woman, clapping was the only sound to be heard. "Hello, dear sister. How foolish of you not to figure it out. Who do you think enabled Brian to be so empowered? His strength is immense now. And once he is joined completely with his soulmate, Justin will master Tresum with him. Then, Brian's power will propel him to be the true leader of Tresum." A mocking laugh followed. "What's even better, sister... there isn't a damned thing you can do about it."

 

"Lindsay..." Grace sneered, her eyes widening in a combination of fear and hatred. "I should have killed you when we were children. Mother warned me... and I didn't listen. Hear me well, Lindsay... when I am free of these chains, and we both know that I will be... destroying you will become my number one objective. Run, little sister, run!"

 

TBC