- Text Size +

 

Lindsay paced back and forth in front of her chained sister, her finger tapping against her chin as if in the deepest of thoughts. She turned to look at Grace struggling against the bonds that held her, a rich and boisterous laugh escaping. "Dear sister, you forget yourself. You threaten me when I am the one who is free... and you are enslaved in chains."

 

"My captive state is only temporary... and you know that!" Grace hissed, her eyes shooting daggers of hatred at her sister. If she could, she would shoot them directly into her heart. She should have killed her years ago instead of breaking her fickle heart. "I should have killed you... and not your disgusting lover. I had all the power then. You couldn't have survived. But I went the path of destroying you in another way."

 

"You should have killed me, Grace. That was a mistake that will cost you everything." Lindsay's eyes slid over Grace in contempt. "Look at you now. You are a shrew. What man would ever love you... let alone even want you. Certainly not Brian. You have never understood him or what he needs."

 

"I suppose you know him so well." Grace openly sneered. "I think you've always been in love with him too. It's too bad for you. He was mine first. He'll always be mine!"

 

Lindsay looked at her older sister in disbelief. "You have absolutely gone insane. Brian had eluded to it, but I hadn't realized the depth of your insanity. You really believe he belongs to you, and that he will ever look at you with anything other than disgust."

 

"You know nothing! You never have! Brian loves me. Me! He just doesn't want to relinquish his Tresum powers to me. But I will have them, and I will have him." Grace's eyes glowed in her hatred, cursing the chains that made her powers ineffectual. "Powers of Tresum hear me. Powers of Tresum hear me..." Grace began to recite the chant over and over, as she continued to be unanswered, she screamed in outrage, her eyes venomously attacking her sister when she found her abilities completely thwarted. "This isn't possible. Brian could call out to his insipid blond when he was in chains. Why doesn't mine work now? I am more powerful than him."

 

"Who do you think helped Justin hear Brian's voice?" Lindsay cackled in delight when Grace continued to shriek.

 

Grace spat at her sister, a mocking laugh emitting when she watched her sister recoiling in disgust. "I will destroy you, Lindsay. You won't win. You can't win. I am the stronger one. The powers you possess are vastly inferior to the powers I can raise."

 

Lindsay lifted her hands upwards. "That no longer appears to be the case, sister."

 

Grace's ear-piercing screams continued, the sound growing weaker the more she squealed. "What have you done? I can barely hear myself now?"

 

Lindsay began to walk toward the stairs, her head turning to laugh at her sister mockingly. "You think I'm a fool, dear sister? I assure you, I am not. I can't allow you to pull some unsuspecting innocent victim down here to release you. We both know you never leave witnesses. I'm afraid, my dearest darling, you are to remain until Brian decides otherwise." Laughter filled the room again. "That being the case, I think you'll be here even longer than you managed to enslave him."

 

"Don't count on it," she hissed. "I will be free... then, both of you will suffer. I swear that to you!" Grace's words fell on Lindsay's back, curses falling from her lips as she heard her heels tapping on the stairs, but unable to turn around to watch her departing. Grace pulled at the bonds, her mind searching for every spell that could undo this outrage. She would summon any and all spirits necessary to free her from these chains. Controlling, and if need be, destroying Brian had been her sole objective. Her priorities had now changed. Lindsay was how Brian had derived his power. She would pay dearly for that. Both of them would come to realize she was the true Tresum power. Once Lindsay was gone, Brian would be weak. She knew exactly how to capitalize on that.

 


 

Brian had been in the shadows for nearly half an hour watching the lovebirds frolicking at the beach; Justin's lover was far more attentive to him, than what was being returned. That was the only thing that was saving the scruffy-headed man right now. Brian's lips curled up in contempt as he gave the man he knew to be named Ethan a scathing glance. He was not worthy to be touched by his Justin. His eyes narrowed on them sharply as Ethan tackled Justin down to the sand, rolling him around playfully, somewhat encouraged when Justin issued a token protest.

 

"What the fuck, Ethan? I still have a bandage on, whether I need it or not..." Justin grumbled, knowing Ethan hadn't done any harm, yet still not thrilled with his energetic games. He still felt so weakened. At times he felt like he'd lost more than a large portion of blood the past two days... but he knew nothing else was missing.

 

"I'm sorry, Baby. I wasn't thinking about that." Ethan bit his lip thoughtfully. "I was so afraid I was going to lose you, I guess now that we're together, I am just a little too excited."

 

Justin grimaced, instantly feeling like a total jerk. "I'm sorry. I just want to relax. Take it one step at a time... you know?"

 

"Yeah, I guess." Ethan pouted, uncertain how he felt about Justin not being as excited about their reunion as he was. Something had been off since he was in the hospital, but he didn't know what it could be. He hoped time would set everything back to normal... but he just couldn't shake his bad feelings. "Uhhh, you want to go home? I wouldn't object to spending the rest of the night secluded with my boyfriend."

 

"No!" Justin visibly flinched at the hurt he instantly read in Ethan's eyes. "What I mean is... I just got out of the hospital today. I really like it down here. You don't mind if we stay a while longer, do you?"

 

Ethan leaned forward and kissed Justin briefly on the lips. Something was very wrong. Justin was shutting him out. In fact, he felt like Justin was pulling away. He wasn't sure how to get things back to where they were. One thing was for certain... Justin was worth it. He would do whatever he had to do to keep Justin. "I don't mind at all, Baby. Whatever makes you happy, makes me happy too."

 

Brian continued to look on, his disgust only continuing to grow. In his estimation, this Ethan was the most pathetic excuse for a human he had ever encountered. Clearly, Justin wasn't as committed to their relationship. Brian had the feeling this stemmed back further than when he had entered his life. He had watched Justin's lips twist into almost a snarl each time Ethan had referenced him as ‘Baby'. Justin obviously didn't appreciate that sentiment. He didn't blame him at all. They were truly so much alike in so many ways. Once he trained Justin in the art of Tresum, they would be even more so. For now, he needed to rid himself of what was nothing more than a pesky annoyance. It didn't matter to him how Ethan was removed... it only mattered that he was. Then, his full pursuit of Justin could begin.

 

His eyes drilled into the back of Ethan's head, as he began to chant his name over and over, making certain that only Ethan could hear him. He rolled his eyes as Ethan began to question Justin, thinking he was so eerily calling his name. Justin only looked at Ethan in confusion, shaking his head and reaching for an unopened bottle of beer, quickly opening it and taking a long sip. Brian found it easy to reach out and penetrate Ethan's mind. He was so weak and entirely simple-minded. With a great deal of probing that only took a few moments to do, Brian made an interesting discovery. Justin was not Ethan's true love. There had been another... and one that he still cared about significantly. Very interesting, he thought. He looked again into Ethan's mind, a smile curving his lips at what he could see. This young man was still in Ethan's life. He wondered if Justin knew about him. As the face and body came into focus, he found him mediocre as well. What stood out the most was the setting. This man also stayed at Hotel Dante. Brian was almost saddened by his realization. He would have had no problem in killing Ethan... but it appeared fate had given him another solution. It was one that he would initiate first... providing it didn't take too long.

 

Tired of his increased knowledge of Ethan's overly bland mind, Brian used his power even further. He needed a few moments with Justin to reestablish a connection. As much as he knew he couldn't eradicate Grace's forgetting spell... there were ways he could utilize it. He needed to be alone with him to do that. Within moments, he had planted images in Ethan's mind of things he needed to do immediately. Ethan was no match for his strong will and immense power. In a few short minutes, Ethan was kissing Justin again and murmuring his apologies along with his promise to return quickly.

 

Brian hissed under his breath for only Ethan to hear. "You will not return until I command it."

 

Ethan's eyes were glazed, a spell totally encompassing him as he walked away. He walked directly past Brian standing near a tree... but didn't look at him once. Very good, Brian thought. Very good indeed. His eyes moved over Justin sitting comfortably on the beach, his more predatory instincts wanting him to push him into the sand and claim him - here and now. He knew mentally Justin wasn't ready for that. Brian knew he could use magic to make Justin both willing and eager; yet strangely, he didn't want him that way. No matter how much he burned for him, and it had been a desire that was steadily consuming him, Brian wanted Justin's heartfelt desire for him more than anything. He swore he would have that. It was his intention to use the least amount of magic necessary with Justin.

 

He leisurely walked toward Justin, silently lowering himself to the sand. Right now he didn't even care that the sand and dirt would soil his clothing. All that mattered was regaining a connection with Justin. "We meet again," Brian breathed in a rich, husky voice.

 

Justin gasped as he looked over at the stranger, a man that wasn't quite a stranger. "Meet again? I've never met you." Always brutally honest, Justin continued, "I would remember if I had."

 

"Thank you, Justin. I'll take that as a compliment." Brian looked at Justin thoughtfully for a long moment, still trying to determine how effective Grace's spell on him truly was. He remembered Grace's words precisely - Sleep and forget this night. All of this night. Yes, that was where Grace had erred. He had been coming to Justin in dreams and visions long before the night he summoned him to set him free. Justin might forget coming to him... but he could be reminded of his face that had featured prominently in the young blond's dreams. "Look at me, Justin. Really look at me."

 

Scowling, Justin demanded, "Why do you keep calling me by my name? I don't know you. We've never met!" Justin suddenly turned to look at the persistent man beside him, confusion overtaking him again. He didn't know this man... but somehow he did. It wasn't possible. The man's face was slightly familiar... but how could he forget such a man? This man was one that would feature in one's thoughts - awake and asleep. The typical man of one's dreams.

 

"It's beginning to come to you. I can feel it! Damn that witch!" Brian snarled. "You need to remember the connection we share... not just a damned dream." Brian realized his words might sound quite mad to Justin... but his anger with Grace always transported him to a very bad place. "Look into my eyes, Justin. See what you have forgotten. It won't bring back your own memories of last night, but you can relive the night in that way."

 

Justin tried to look away, but some undeniable force prevented any movement that pulled him from the beautiful Adonis before him. His eyes moved frantically back and forth as he began to see things that couldn't be real... ones that just weren't possible. Justin cried out as he watched himself standing before an old man, the scene shrouded by some sort of fog, then moments later seeing the man transformed into the beautiful man that sat next to him now. He shook his head, it isn't possible. He had no memory of this... and yet, he was real in this vision. Justin stood shakily to his feet, backing away from the man fearfully. He held up his hand as the man made to follow. "P-please, just leave me alone. I don't know what you want... or how you can play these tricks on my mind, but I don't want any part of it."

 

"Stop. Do not run from me, Justin." Brian slowly stalked after him, trying to handle this without magic nor from laying his hands on him. Brian knew just one casual touch and he would go up in flames. He was in such a painful need for this special young man, and he hadn't fucked a man in over a century. His control had never been as shaky as it was now. "You can't resist me, Justin." He kept walking until Justin was backed into the same tree he had been watching him from earlier. "Look at me again, Justin. Open your eyes to the fact that I am the man you have been dreaming about. It's time to stop dreaming and start fulfilling our destiny." Brian bracketed Justin against the tree, careful not to touch him, right now simply enjoying the closeness of him, and the delicious scent of him that instantly permeated into total awareness.

 

"I know who you are," Justin hissed. "You filled my dreams with terror. I don't know how you found me, or how you are getting inside my head... but it's not going to happen anymore. I have a boyfriend. There is no place in my life for anyone else."

 

Brian's eyes flared in anger as jealous rage swelled within him. He knew that Justin didn't love Ethan. What he couldn't stand was the knowledge of the times the two of them had lain together. He was tormented by the sight and sound of their limbs entwined. Brian vowed that would end very soon. "Your boyfriend is nothing! You are meant to be with me. It is our destiny. Not only that, but it is also the will of Tresum."

 

"Tresum? Wait a minute, I've heard that word." Justin searched his brain. "Daphne spoke of Tresum in my hospital room." Justin shook his head belligerently. "I don't care. I want no part of it. Not now or ever."

 

A smile crossed Brian's lips, Justin's words of another having knowledge of Tresum not escaping him. He would deal with this Daphne later. Quickly he was finding there was much to learn here. He would know it all, one step at a time. His eyes glowed as he looked into Justin's beautiful blue ones, a frown of regret appearing when he read the fear in Justin's eyes. Unable to resist, Brian reached up to run his hand along Justin's face, his voice low as he whispered, "You have nothing to fear from me, Justin. I will never hurt you. In fact, I want to protect you. There is so much I can share with you. You just need to come to me."

 

Justin felt mesmerized by those beautiful and penetrating eyes. He shook his head, trying to clear his mind from the immense allure of this strange man. "No. I'm with Ethan. I'll never come to you. Never."

 

Brian laughed, his ears picking up a sound in the distance. Lindsay. Not the most perfect of timing, but they did have much to discuss. She wouldn't intrude until after Justin was gone. Lindsay was more than aware of the importance of his union with Justin. He looked deeply into Justin's eyes, unable to resist using his Tresum powers to control one thing that continued to be abhorrent to him... the one element that still existed that could make him act out in rage should it continue. "Go home, Justin. Sleep. You will not allow Ethan to touch you. The injuries you sustained have made you weak... and so very tired. Your desire for him is diminishing."

 

Nodding as the fog surrounded his mind, Justin agreed. "Diminishing, yes it has been."

 

"Good boy," Brian purred. "I will summon you soon. We will explore the powers of Tresum as one. Remember my words, Justin. Ethan is not to touch you." Brian's lips twisted into a savage snarl. "His fate is now in your hands, Justin." Brian released Justin from the spell, knowing enough would remain in his subconscious. Whenever Ethan attempted to touch Justin, he knew Justin would recoil in disgust. He would still need to remove Ethan completely from the picture... but knowing their intimacy would no longer continue, made it so he could concentrate on equally important matters. Unable to resist, Brian leaned in closer, attempting to steal a kiss from the most perfect lips he'd ever seen.

 

Justin's eyes widened. "Don't. Please don't kiss me. I- I need to go. I just can't do this now."

 

Brian watched with hungry eyes as Justin fled from him. There wasn't a doubt in either of their minds that he could stop him... but the time wasn't quite right yet. It wouldn't be much longer now. His desire for Justin was beginning to smolder in him now. It would be soon... and the best part was knowing that Justin would desire him just as feverishly. He had felt desire emanating from Justin tonight. A desire that was directed at him, and him alone. Brian knew once he had a few more pieces in place, he would truly begin his hunting. He could hardly wait to truly begin their games...

 

TBC