- Text Size +

 

"Wow..." Justin whispered in awe as he proceeded up the long winding staircase, his hand sweeping along the banister as his footsteps slowly made the climb. "Your home is amazing."

 

"Thank you, Justin. As I said... there will be plenty of room for us." Brian couldn't keep his eyes from the sweet curve of Justin's ass as he walked up the steps behind him, his tongue stretching out to moisten suddenly parched lips. Damn, how he wanted this boy.

 

Oblivious to the renewed hunger in his host, Justin laughed during his initial response. "You could fit all the residents of Hotel Dante in here, and still have room."

 

"That may be so, but I prefer to have my privacy." Brian kept following Justin on his slow climb, uncaring that the blond could be moving much faster. He was enjoying his vantage point... and he wasn't looking forward to saying goodnight. As much as he wished otherwise, Brian was resigned to the fact that was how this night would end. Tomorrow, though, could be an entirely different story. The more time he spent with Justin, the more the hot little blond relaxed around him. Brian knew he would have him soon. It wasn't a matter of a questionable result... it was only a matter of when.

 

Justin stopped at the top of the stairs, uncertain which direction to head next. The upper level veered to the left and right, all leading to what he assumed to be a vast number of bedrooms. "A private man, yes, I can see that... but then again, you invited me - a virtual stranger to come and live with you. That's not very private."

 

Brian motioned Justin to the right, his hand resting proprietarily on his back. He wasn't sure why he touched him as they walked, not completely. It wasn't necessary... and yet to him, it was. He descended from a different era, a time where men did things much differently. It was considered respectable in his time for a man to keep a protective hand on one that he cared about; typically in his time it would have been a woman, but the gender didn't really matter much. He was very protective and attentive where Justin was concerned. Brian intended for that to be known to anyone that came near them. Then, there was the fact that he loved touching Justin. This touch might appear casual enough... but for him, it was anything but that. Every touch furthered their connection. That was a reality he intuitively felt. If he must go step by step with this hot little blond that so entranced him, he would use every opportunity to touch him. When they reached the door where Justin would be sleeping, Brian bracketed his arms on each side of him, his eyes probing hotly into Justin's. "Look at me, Justin. Really look at me."

 

His back hit the door that he assumed was to be his, and Justin dropped the small bag that held his possessions, his eyes inexorably drawn to the mesmerizing hazel ones that sought to envelop him. He moistened his lips with the tip of his tongue, unable to miss how Brian's eyes darkened on the reflexive action. "Brian, I'm really tired. I'd rather we talked in the morning."

 

"I know you're tired, Justin... but also, I think you are hiding. Soon you will realize I won't let you hide from me... or your desires. I won't crowd or push you. We'll move at your pace. All that matters right now is that you give me a chance to get to know you. That's all I'm really asking." He reached up and lightly stroked the soft pale skin of Justin's cheek. "In time, I think everything else will fall into place. In fact, I'm sure of it."

 

Justin smiled, his head shaking as he looked intently at Brian. "You are something, Brian Kinney. I don't quite know what to make of you, but I am curious to know more."

 

Brian's fingers stroked softly across the skin, his eyes burning and hungry on the plump, moistened lips. Justin was a temptation impossible to deny. He didn't plan to live without the full meal for long. "May I kiss you before we say goodnight?" Brian quirked a brow, smiling at the confused and vulnerable boy. "You see I am exercising patience and asking..."

 

Laughter erupted from Justin's throat. He had no way of knowing how much the pleasing sound affected the other man. He tilted his head to the side as he considered the question. "Well, you have been such a gentleman rescuing me from my untenable situation... and you haven't been pushing me; it's quite the opposite of when we first met. All things considered, I suppose a kiss is acceptable." A playful gleam entered Justin's eyes. Oh no. It won't be quite that easy, Mr. Kinney. As Brian lowered his head, Justin turned his, the only option being the cheek Brian's fingers had been so absently stroking. "I think a kiss on the cheek will suffice for now." Justin peered at Brian from the corner of his eye. "Take it or leave it."

 

So, he wants to play, does he? Brian had no problem in obliging him. And it would all be above board. No magical inducements to manipulate his mind. "I'll take it," Brian growled. "However, the kiss doesn't end until my lips leave your skin. If you end up turning your face into my lips... Well, I get to take them too. Deal?"

 

Shrugging, Justin complied, knowing he was probably being skillfully played; yet finding it to be of no hardship to have those lips on his skin. "Fine. I think I can resist turning my head. You'll give up before that happens."

 

A low lusty chuckle answered, one that seemed to reach the pits of his stomach. Brian breathed hotly into Justin's ear, his hands reaching out to fasten on Justin's hips... breathing ragged as he spoke, "I wouldn't count on that, Justin. I will NEVER give up where you are concerned." Brian didn't speak any further; talking measured least on his list of things he most wanted to do. A deep primal moan emitted from his throat when his lips attached to the skin of Justin's neck. If Justin had thought him to simply take his offered cheek... he was in for a quick surprise. Brian smiled against the warm, succulent flesh when he heard the gasp of pleasure immediately sounding from Justin's mouth. Oh yes, he had him. Brian didn't doubt it for a single moment.

 

Justin had known he was playing with fire when he'd accepted Brian's terms - both his staying here, and the kiss that he had known from the onset would leave him only wanting more. He hadn't been mistaken. He had hoped to still the aching moan that seemed to roll from his throat; Brian didn't need any added encouragement. Justin knew his response would end up giving the predatory man exactly that. Unable to resist, Justin's hands slid up to clasp around Brian's upper arms, his hands moving in a squeezing motion around the firm, toned flesh. His breathing sharpened as Brian voraciously made a meal of his neck, his lips sliding up and down the skin he could reach, tongue immediately following on each scorching pass.

 

Brian growled into the curve where his neck met his shoulder, his teeth biting... tongue erotically soothing as he did all he could to devour the flesh that was like no other to him. The beast inside him roared to life, tempting him with the knowledge of all he could do to lure this delicious blond into his bed. Resisting that call to easily claim what he knew to be rightfully his, stretched his control to the limit. His tongue slithered back up again, before he reluctantly pulled his lips free. He didn't want to stop. In fact, he could envision kissing this man all night. That wasn't going to be tonight. Justin was still obviously raw from his discovery, and vulnerable about the direction of his life; pushing him now wouldn't allow him to achieve his long-term goals, which was very simply Justin by his side, committed and adoring him forever. Brian was determined to have that. Restraining himself now was his best plan of action.

 

Blinking in surprise that Brian hadn't pushed him further tonight, Justin said, "Amazing. He can be civilized."

 

Rolling his lips under, biting back every caustic retort that came to mind, Brian simply answered, "Sadly at the worst possible time."

 

Justin stretched up on his tiptoes and linked his arms around Brian's neck; in what lasted only a short moment, Justin kissed Brian - softly, sweetly... a kiss that was designed to inspire hope. As he whispered a soft goodnight to the shocked, yet self-satisfied man, Justin slipped into his new room. Closing the door behind him, Justin realized for the first time - coming here had been the right thing to do.

 

A short time later, Justin fell asleep with a genuine sense of anticipation. He was looking forward to learning more about this complex man. One thing was for certain; life in this house with Brian - no matter how long or short-lived - would never be dull.

 


 

Brian stepped outside with a broad smile on his face. In fact, he had been smiling all the way down the stairs. Justin was slowly falling for him. He knew it. Everything was falling into place. The most astounding part of all - he hadn't utilized magic to evoke it. In fact, the spell he had placed on Ethan and Michael hadn't really changed things much either. Ethan and Justin had already been drifting apart, and Ethan and Michael were genuinely in love. The only thing he had done was give them a bit of a push. As he looked up at the window that the light had been extinguished, Brian decided it had been time well spent.

 

He stretched his neck, before walking out along the front lawn, for some reason feeling the need to move about freely. He was restless, almost uneasy... yet he didn't know why. Everything was going according to his plan - his and Lindsay's. Why was he feeling as if disaster loomed? Grace. That had to be the answer. While he knew her to still be chained, her power was still great. She was undoubtedly filling him with unease, hoping to distract him enough to cause problems. He wouldn't let her do that.

 

Lindsay was undoubtedly dealing with this Daphne that Justin had mentioned. Anyone that had any Tresum knowledge or power had to be under close scrutiny. Brian was certain Lindsay would learn everything about this girl in a short amount of time. It slightly disturbed him how much Lindsay seemed to know about these people that were virtual strangers; yet told himself she also held a great power. It was most likely natural. Brian shook his head back and forth. Something wasn't right. He knew it. Lindsay's story was easy enough to confirm or refute, perhaps that was why he hadn't done either. One meeting with the Tresum council would resolve that question - if he truly had any.

 

Brian felt himself being irrefutably drawn to the visage of the moon. He couldn't look away. Magic was swelling around them tonight... as was evil. It was present and it meant to destroy what meant most to him. Justin. Fucking Grace, he snarled under his breath. "Do your worst, bitch. I have already protected him from you!" he hissed into the shining light of the moon.

 

"You fucking imbecile! It's not me. If you truly care about him as much as I now accept that you do - protect your house now! She is close. Your power is now greater than either of us. If you truly love this man - protect your home now!" Grace's voice shrilly beat into his head, her face gleaming down at him from the center of the full moon.

 

Blinking repeatedly, Brian took a few staggering steps backward before he ran to the house. For once, Grace was telling the truth. He could feel it. Not only that, the powers began to swell within him as he neared the house. The closer he moved to where Justin now lay, the stronger he felt. He was empowered. Why he wasn't sure. He did know one thing - his powers were absolute. Brian watched as the clouds swirled in the distance. The enemy was near. He lifted his arms to the sky; his voice began to thunder his commands - "Powers of Tresum, hear me." Brian repeated the chant over and over, his eyes looking directly over his house as the sky opened up, and waves of thick black smoke began to encompass his home. Brian smiled. His power was indeed complete. All it had taken was an entreaty and a thought. The rest had happened instantaneously. Justin was safe, and an enemy had been thwarted. At least for now.

 

Brian hoped he wasn't making the biggest mistake of his life. He needed answers and he needed them now. If his powers were truly as great as he felt they were, he could undo his decision should it become necessary. Closing his eyes, Brian became one with Tresum. If he managed this, he would have his answer. A witch could not undo another's spell. If he did this, that meant one thing alone - he now was the Master of Tresum. Over and over, he repeated, "The bonds that hold you exist no more. The bonds that hold you exist no more." Brian smiled as he heard the chains breaking free. Slowly he opened his eyes. His eyes flickered when Grace's form came clearly into focus.

 

"Well well, I guess the legend is true... and I played my game badly. You are the Tresum Master."

 

"It appears so. However, your sister told me that Justin had to surrender himself to me with a loving heart before my transition would be complete." Brian looked at his nemesis coldly, yet for some reason not fearing her for the first time in his entire existence. "Mind explaining that little detail to me?"

 

Grace nodded. "It's very simple... but we can't talk out here, Brian. We must go where it is safe... where she cannot hear or interrupt us."

 

"You actually think I'm going to let you into my house... where Justin is sleeping?" Brian looked at her incredulously, thinking she had finally lost her mind.

 

"If you want answers, that is your only choice! Your house is protected, she can't hear us in there, and let's not forget you placed a spell on Justin that prevents me from hurting him." She held up her hand to stop him from interrupting. "I've given up on that, Brian. Don't get me wrong - I'm not doing this to help you. I just don't want her to win!"

 

Brian rolled his eyes, although much of what Grace had implied made sense to him now. Lindsay. Her story had been so desperate, one might even say timed. Could it be her? Was she the true enemy that threatened to destroy what he loved most? Love? He had actually just thought that. Yet, nothing else made sense. Justin was his soulmate. He'd always known that. Piercing her with a sharp, and icy glare, Brian warned her - "Come inside, but remember this, Grace - you step out of line once regarding Justin, I will summon up all the powers I now possess and kill you on the spot. This will be your only warning!"

 

TBC