- Text Size +

 

Brian was only a short distance from the turn-off to the hotel when he cast a concerned glance Justin's way. Justin was looking straight ahead, his breathing coming in and out rapidly, a death grip on the seat. "What is it?" Brian asked, his voice a bit sharper than he'd intended. Now wasn't the time for any sort of dramatics. They needed to arrive and act quickly. Hopefully in doing so, catching their enemies off guard. Despite how much Justin wanted to deny the possibility - his father was just as much an enemy as the man that truly sought to separate them. He pulled off the road, his hand reaching out to settle on Justin's leg. Grasping it firmly, he gently shook him. "Justin? What's the problem? Talk to me - now!"

 

Justin couldn't release his tight grip on the seat, his heart pounding in his chest as images continued to matriculate before his eyes. He blinked, tears rolling down his face. "B-Brian? I-I don't want to go back. I'm so s-scared. He means to hurt you. No. It's more than that; he intends to kill you just to keep us apart."

 

Turning on his seat toward his distraught lover, Brian tried to maintain his calm. If nothing else, one of them needed to keep a clear, cool head. It looked as if that rested solely on him. "There is nothing I would rather do than run away from here with you - here and now... but..."

 

Not allowing Brian to finish his thought, Justin rushed on, "Then let's go. There's nothing or no one to stop us if we just go right now. Please, Brian... I'm afraid of what will happen if we stay."

 

Brian held every curse he'd learned in a time far different from this one well under his breath; he hated how these bastards had not only destroyed them once... but had this beautiful and sensitive man that he undoubtedly adored so filled with fear. He vowed to himself that they would all pay for every moment of anguish they had caused Justin. He lifted his hand, one that he was surprised not to be trembling in his rage, his fingers stroking the tears away from his beautiful boy's face. Even in tears, he was still so heart-stopping beautiful. Justin's beauty would always be something that held him almost in awe; a state of being that astounded Brian on every level. This undoubtedly was love, for his life and outlook had changed ever since he had found his beloved soulmate again. They wouldn't be separated again. In fact, they couldn't be. Fate couldn't be so cruel to give them another chance only to destroy them again.

 

"Think about it, Brian. We could be so happy away from here... safe and together always. Don't you want that?" Justin asked urgently; Brian's silence urging him on.

 

"Of course I want that. More than anything I want to see you safe, happy, and without a doubt - us together." Brian moved both his hands up to frame Justin's face, staring intently into Justin's anxious expression. "We will have that, Justin. I swear we will! But we need to do this right. So many pieces are falling into place. We have to finish this once and for all. If we don't, they will find a way to separate us again. Trust me on this. It is the only way."

 

Justin sighed, his hand coming up to squeeze around one of the arms that was attached to the hand that cradled his face so gently. "I trust you, Brian... with everything. Can I ask one thing of you before we go in there?"

 

"Anything that is in my power to give you, Justin. Now and always." Brian released his hold on Justin's face, his arm moving around behind the seat and affectionately stroking the beautiful blond hair that was just a part of the beguiling package that was Justin Taylor.

 

"Kiss me." Justin smiled at Brian tremulously, a slight blush staining his pale cheeks. "When you kiss me I lose all sense of everything in this world, most particularly all the bad things. One moment of that before we face this is all I ask."

 

Brian smiled. He wished at this moment he could take Justin away from here and show him every erotic fantasy he had of them together. He swore to himself they would be fulfilling them once this nightmare was truly over. A kiss it would be... and then they would move on to fixing their shattered destiny. Brian had never felt more confident of an outcome. Somehow he just knew everything had to work out this time. He knew he couldn't bear losing this man again. This time he wouldn't. "That's one request that I am not only willing to grant... but eager to as well." Brian's eyes darkened as they fastened on the luscious raspberry lips. His voice was husky when he whispered, "Come here."

 

Justin groaned at the sound of that husky voice, unable to stop his body's response to the sultry tone. He knew now wasn't the time to become unduly excited; yet, he thought it would always be a state of being when he was with this man. Justin closed the slight difference, his mouth lifting to meet the lips that he knew would soon crash upon his own. He didn't want soft and gentle right now. He wanted torrid heat; the burn of a kiss that came from a man that was all about expressing his desire - a yearning desire that would be echoed within him. Justin sighed when their lips first connected, his hands reaching out to clasp onto Brian's shoulders. Nothing had ever felt more right than Brian's kiss. It had immediately become an addiction that he thought would never be cured. In all truth, he didn't want it to be cured. "Kiss me hard, Brian." Justin gasped into Brian's mouth. "Show me how much you want me so I will remember this feeling when we face whatever happens next."

 

A growl was Brian's answer. He had no problem showing Justin exactly how much he wanted him. Brian wasn't certain that Justin was quite ready for the full reveal of the Kinney lust. Although, that was only one aspect of what the two of them shared. It went far beyond simple lust for them. But his need was palpable, and it could easily burn out of control. He knew the fact of their impending destination would reel him in... but it wouldn't be easy. Every touch and kiss only tempted him, even more, to take Justin away from here now. He was practical of mind and knew that wasn't the sound way to handle their problem. It wouldn't solve anything, except perhaps give them more time. That would be fine if he was only interested in a fuck. But that wasn't what was going on here. He would have never thought it possible - but Brian Kinney actually wanted forever. That was exactly what he intended to have.

 

Brian did his best to hide Justin's identity from the view of any cars that were passing by. In these times, car travel wasn't at a fast pace; excluding his car that was considered a luxury model in this time. This wasn't the manner that he thought Justin would want to come out, especially in sight of so many that could recognize him. Things were different in the here and now; Justin would know how and when he wanted his secret to emerge. Brian's mouth literally ate Justin's up. He wanted to explore so many meals and delicacies with this man; for now, this would have to sustain him. However, once this was over and Ethan was a part of their past forever, he would rectify that lacking.

 

His breath coming in and out sharply, Brian pulled back with more reluctance than he'd ever had in ending a kiss. "We need to go, Sunshine. As much as I'd love to linger here with you, we need to finish this."

 

"I know." Justin's trembling had lessened, hope and determination had begun to rule over his fear. "I had an idea to present to you. One that I think would not only change our original destiny, but serve as a punishment for this man that seeks to destroy us."

 

"Now that's something I'd enjoy hearing. Tell me as we drive. I want to get to the hotel theater as quickly as we can..."

 

Justin nodded and smiled at Brian as the beautiful red car moved forward, his idea instantly voiced aloud. "Okay, this is what I had in mind..."

 


 

Ethan continued to pace back and forth behind the hotel. "Fuck!" he exclaimed, uncaring that such terminology wasn't appropriate nor generally known in this time. "Where are they?"

 

A moment later, Craig ran around from the front of the theater. "My son and Kinney are on the way to the theater now. I can see his ostentatious car in the distance. With that said, I am out of here. I'll have no part of this plan, Gold. I want to be very clear about that. I know NOTHING about this. Nothing at all!"

 

"Leave then," Ethan hissed. "You'll only serve to get in my way."

 

"I'll have you know that I am not the coward you think me to be. As much as I don't approve of Justin's personal choices, I don't condone violence either. I only hope you don't learn the hard way that these plans often go awry..." Craig's voice was filled with a stern warning, one that he knew this crazed man would blatantly ignore.

 

"Just stay out of my way and it will be fine." Ethan's head turned as he heard the purring engine turning off very close by. "That's them. Get out of here, Taylor. Now!"

 

Craig just shook his head sadly. He rushed off even quicker than he had arrived, knowing this was going to go very badly. As much as he knew he should stay to make certain that things didn't take a bad turn for Justin, his primary concern was his own self-preservation. He would not have his name sullied by this seedy business. Justin's behavior, should it ever become public, would do that. He couldn't bear the burden of anything else.

 

Ethan watched in disgust as Craig slithered away, wishing he'd had time to tell Craig that he wasn't saving Justin from his desires for male flesh, merely transferring them to himself. He could only imagine the shock and horror that would assail him. He further decided that Craig was a fool not to have figured it out. Why else would he have gone to so much trouble for Justin? His eyes narrowed when he felt footsteps approaching from behind him; his eyes filled with rage as he looked at the arrogant, and entirely too confident gait of Brian Kinney. How he hated that man. He had caused this. Beating him down until he bled to death would be his greatest pleasure. Normally, he wasn't a violent man; it was actually abhorrent to him in most cases. These were desperate times now. Nothing else had worked. Killing Kinney was the only way to claim what should have always been his - what would be his soon.

 

"If it isn't the time-traveling Casanova. It's so good that you could tear yourself away from Justin's extraordinary charms long enough to face what destiny has always decreed to be your end," Ethan's drawl was insulting and chilling, his eyes completely on his rival; thus far Justin was hanging a slight bit behind his protective lover.

 

"Fate is a strange thing, Evan. One can always change it..." Brian countered, his eyes suspiciously alert on Ethan. A slow smirk crossed his lips as Ethan's glare intensified following the deliberate misuse of his name.

 

Ethan's teeth gritted in fury. "The name is Ethan. I can't fathom how Justin could ever be attracted to someone like you. Granted you are attractive... but on the inside you are nothing. Absolutely nothing!"

 

"Well, I'm glad that Justin sees things differently." Brian continued to move closer, determined not to show any fear for what this man had planned. He knew what had happened in the past. This time he knew it would end differently; still, he realized he needed to proceed with caution. "So tell me, Edwin, how are we going to play this? I just don't get how you have it worked out in your insipid little mind. You plan to kill me, yet you expect Justin eventually to still forgive you. I can't see that happening."

 

His hand clenched on the club he held in his hand, a small yet lethal weapon when the correct force was applied. He looked to Brian's left as his beautiful Justin appeared, a momentary look of remorse in his eyes. "My beautiful Justin... my precious muse. How I love you. In time you will love me too." When Justin's eyes looked back at him in a blank stare, Ethan stated even more aggressively, "You WILL love me, Justin. It has to be that way. I've changed everything for you. It won't be for nothing!"

 

"Of course it won't," Justin whispered. He smiled at Brian reassuringly when his lover tried to stop him from walking closer to Ethan. "We know the secret of the watches. Such magic in those, isn't there? Also, we know you aren't from this time. Yet here you are. It raises such possibilities. Ones that I can't wait to explore."

 

"What are you talking about?" Ethan asked, backing away from Justin slightly. He didn't feel like he had control here... and he didn't like that feeling at all.

 

"It doesn't matter. I am often accused of rambling in my speech." He smiled at Ethan, the trademark smile that had captured many hearts. "This doesn't need to end in violence, Ethan. Let this end peacefully for all of us."

 

Ethan glanced briefly toward Brian. "That won't be possible, Justin. He will never let you go. He has never been able to let you go."

 

There was no disputing that obvious fact, Brian thought to himself. Brian watched the two of them warily, prepared to step in at any moment. Justin's plan was quite brilliant, and one that he had a few reservations about... yet it could work. And if it did, their entire reality would change. The more he had thought about it, the more he decided that maybe this had been fate's idea all along. Not only a different ending, but a new reality as well. Brian watched as Justin stepped closer to Ethan; not a doubt in his mind how Justin's most beguiling smile would affect this besotted lunatic. In a matter of moments, Ethan would be putty in Justin's hands. Then, they could finish this.

 

Justin continued to advance toward Ethan; his most sultry and welcoming smile in place, he knew this had been the right decision. He would force himself to touch this repugnant man... for what he would gain after would be worth it all. He quickly noted the wariness mixed with desire in Ethan's eyes. Justin didn't doubt which emotion would win out. He brazenly placed his hands on Ethan's chest, methodically beginning to run them up and down, his tongue stretching out to moisten his lips. "It's not his choice though, is it? I am just starting to realize that these desires I have long thought to be wrong are just a part of me that can't be denied. Perhaps I chose too soon before exploring them a bit." Justin tilted his head as he assessed Ethan's guarded response. "What do you say, Ethan? Think you can help me with that?"

 

"H-help you?" Ethan slightly stammered. Ethan couldn't believe this was happening. Surely it couldn't be this simple.

 

"Justin, don't do this. This man is insane. Move away from him now!" Brian knew he had to voice a protest to Justin's actions; standing immobile and uncaring would be the most suspicious part of all.

 

He glanced over his shoulder to cast a warning look at his lover. Justin wanted to resolve this repellent part quickly. Brian protesting wouldn't help with that. "Relax, Brian. A bit of experimenting can't hurt... and maybe it will make Ethan realize I'm not as perfect as he thinks."

 

"Impossible," Ethan whispered, his eyes completely on Justin's hands moving over his chest. His vision began to blur. Justin was so close, and the threat of Brian Kinney seemed so distant now. He knew he had to remember him and to finish this... but Justin so willingly touching him was something he never expected to receive so soon. It was a suspicious gift, yet one he couldn't resist accepting. "You are perfect, Justin. Finally, we can be together."

 

"Perhaps," Justin agreed, sliding his hands around Ethan's waist, his eyes pulling to the menacing club Ethan held. "Drop the weapon. You don't need that with me."

 

Reluctantly, he released the club. He didn't want to frighten Justin unduly. This act of violence wasn't meant to punish; it was simply a means to an end. One that must be reached regardless of Justin's much-improved attitude now. "I don't need it, at least not right now." His eyes moved to where Brian stood glaring at him in hostility; a cold smile coming to his lips as he noted what was clearly jealousy in Kinney's eyes. "You don't like him touching me, do you, Kinney?"

 

"What I like doesn't matter. I want Justin to be happy. If he chooses you, then I will accept that. But I am the man you will never be. I know you could never understand such self-sacrifice."

 

Ethan snorted. "It makes you a fool and even more of a loser. I do what has to be done to get what I want. I will never let him go. Not ever." He looked into Justin's welcoming eyes, searching for some sort of deception, yet all he could see was the warmth of the most beautiful blue shade that compared to no other. "I knew you would come around, Justin. You were never meant to be his - always it should have been me. It will be that way now."

 

"Stop talking about it and just kiss me, Ethan. Show me this love and desire you profess for me. Make me feel it and convince me that it should be you. If you can do that, I will go with you anywhere - willingly." Justin's voice was temptingly seductive; his excitement soaring in the fact that he knew his plan was working. Soon they would be free of this horrible little man. Then, his life with Brian would really begin.

 

"K-kiss you?" Ethan almost gasped as he heard the words he had feared he would never hear; at the very least - words he wouldn't hear for a very long time. "Are you sure, Justin?"

 

A seductive smile followed. Justin could hear Brian cursing from behind them, his knowledge of the hot-blooded Brian Kinney telling him that this part needed to be resolved quickly. He couldn't imagine Brian remaining impassive for much longer. "I'm very sure. Comparison is good in making a good decision. Just make it good. Okay?"

 

"Yes, I will." Ethan's eyes bit into Brian's, self-confidence quickly overriding his good sense. His hands closed around Justin, tightly yanking him against him without any finesse. He smiled coldly at Brian as he watched him force himself not to step closer. Kinney's control should have alarmed him, but right now, all he could feel was Justin's body against his. He finally had what he'd always wanted. Everything else paled to that now. Ignoring the man that was powerless to stop Justin from exploring new desires, Ethan lowered his lips to claim Justin's. He brutalized the lips beneath his own, not even relaxing the pressure on them when he heard Justin's gasp of discomfort. He had waited too long for this. Justin owed him... and he would take him however he wanted. Nothing had ever felt or tasted as good as Justin's lips breaking open under his; that he applied extra force for that deeper connection didn't matter. All that mattered was acquiring Justin's exquisite taste. He groaned as his tongue met Justin's, along with the feel of Justin's hands urgently stroking over him - everywhere. Ethan was soon to find that was when it would all end for him.

 

Brian smiled as he watched Justin work his magic. He hated that Justin was being abused by a simple kiss... but he had warned Justin in the car that this man would probably kiss him aggressively, and without any care for him. Sadly, he had been correct. Another mark against Mr. Gold. His approval grew as he watched Justin effortlessly withdrawing the much-needed pocket watch from Ethan's pants, his hands tossing it back without even looking. Brian burst forward to catch it; he had no intention of this piece of magical jewelry falling to the ground to be smashed. "Let him go, Ian. Your moment is over."

 

Justin did exactly as Brian had told him in the car... his knee shot up to wound Ethan where it would hinder him the most. He was appalled by his actions, but he reasoned desperate times called for desperate measures. Never did such a moment more exemplify that. Justin pushed Ethan until he fell to the ground, mindful enough to kick Ethan's club away from his hands, back into the direction of his lover. He wiped the back of his arm across his lips. "You disgust me! No wonder you must go to such measures to acquire a man with a kiss like that!" Justin spat out. "I would never let you willingly touch me. Never!"

 

Ethan cursed as he curled up into a painful ball, his hands reaching out to grab for Justin; yet, finding nothing but empty air. "This doesn't finish us, Justin. You can run... but I'll follow, I swear I will."

 

Brian laughed, moving in closer to this man he abhorred. Finally, they got this right... and they would continue to do so. This man had cost them so much in the past. As much as he had never been a believer in magic; Brian realized that magic played a hand with fate giving them this second chance. He knelt down, yet kept himself out of this madman's reach. "You won't be able to follow us, Mr. Gold. Justin isn't only beautiful... but he's immensely clever as well. You see, I was just going to take the watches and beat you to a pulp, then destroy them to send you back, but Justin is such a cunning boy."

 

Eyes bulging in horror, Ethan watched as men approached from the distance, men that he knew had to have been employed by Kinney to dispose of him. Fuck. He'd underestimated him again. When would he ever learn!? "It doesn't matter what the two of you have planned. You'll never make it in this time being as outrageously open as you are, Kinney. You are not accustomed to being discreet."

 

"That's the best part, Ethan." Justin's voice was full of self-pride, and censure toward the man that had once torn them apart. "We won't be here. I'm going to return to the future with Brian, where I met him as an old man... but I won't be an old man. Once we have reached the year of 2012, the watches will be destroyed." Justin smirked as true awareness set into the insane man. "You will be stuck in this time - no life, and more importantly - I won't exist in this time. Everything known about me will be erased from this time. There will be no photos of me, nothing in print to serve as a reminder. You will grow old, and not have a chance to see me until time catches up with us. Now isn't that poetic?"

 

Brian laughed, nodding to the men that were here to secure and incapacitate Ethan until they were gone. "I'd say so, Sunshine. In fact, I'd go as far as to call it poetic justice." He moved to circle Justin from behind, pulling him back against his body, smiling maliciously at Ethan being gagged and pulled away. He kissed Justin on the neck, his arms tightening around him. "Good work, Taylor. I hated what you had to do to accomplish it... but it's a job well done. Now, let's get to work on going home. Then... the celebration can truly begin."

 

TBC