- Text Size +

 

Justin laughed as the wind blew his hair around in wild abandon, his eyes taking in the countryside that quickly began to pass them by. He couldn't believe he had left the safety of the hotel and his family with this man that appeared on the surface to be a stranger to him... but in his soul - he was anything but that. He shook his head, thinking - not for the first time - that he was losing his mind. He glanced surreptitiously at the man driving the elite automobile, grimacing when he watched the lips quirk up in amusement... yet with his eyes firmly affixed to the road. Inwardly, Justin groaned. Brian... Mr. Kinney, he amended to himself, was well aware of the glances Justin kept stealing as they made their way to wherever it was that this intriguing man was taking them. Right now, he didn't care where it would be. As the wind smacked him in the face, his hair blowing about wildly... Justin had never felt freer. Sadly, he realized it to be a feeling that would be all too short-lived.

 

"Enjoying yourself?" Brian questioned, forcing his gaze to stay pinned to the road... knowing to do anything else would make touching this beautiful young man that had entranced him so impossible to resist.

 

A blush warming his cheeks, Justin turned in his seat to give Brian a bright, beaming smile. The same smile that the press had dubbed - The Sunshine Effect. For the first time since they'd left the hotel over twenty minutes ago, Brian had finally turned to meet his gaze. Justin was glad he had at this moment. He wanted to share how happy this outing was making him, whether it had been the right thing to do or not. Justin was giddy with excitement. "I've never been so happy, Mr. Kinney. Nor have I ever felt so alive! Thank you for that."

 

"First of all, my name is Brian. Please don't stand on those ridiculous formalities." Brian knew his tone had suddenly developed a husky pitch, that beautiful smile almost instantly taking his breath away. Fuck. Never had he envisioned this boy being so perfect and beautiful in the flesh as he had in that portrait that had on all accounts changed his life. Justin's eyes were so blue and deep he felt as if they could reach into his soul; in fact, he wasn't completely certain they hadn't already done that. "It would really please me a lot if you'd call me Brian. I hope I can call you Justin too."

 

Justin couldn't look away from the eyes that pierced him so intently. It was as if the mysterious stranger's world revolved around receiving the answer he most craved. Swallowing with extreme difficulty, Justin whispered, "Okay. I'll call you Brian... and of course, you should call me Justin."

 

"Thank you, Justin. Thank you." Brian winked at Justin as he returned his full attention to the road, feeling as if he had secured a major victory in locking a very proper Justin Taylor down to that acquiescence. He drove onward for several more miles when an instinct that he couldn't name urged him to turn down a side road that he had previously had no intention of traveling. He was transfixed by the ambiance of the area. It was as if an invisible magnet was pulling him toward it... but he wondered, toward what? His sole purpose on this outing had been to spend some uninterrupted time with Justin... but now he felt equally pulled to this place. As his eyes fell onto the large house at the end of the short road, a smile of recognition curved his lips.

 

Looking around curiously, Justin arched a brow when Brian pulled into the driveway at the end of the road. Was this Brian's home, he wondered? No, it couldn't be, he thought. Why would he be staying at The Grand Hotel if he lived so close by? Justin began calling out Brian's name, a degree of concern growing inside of him when he didn't respond. He reached out to grasp his arm, hoping contact would break the haze that surrounded him. "B-Brian? Are you okay?"

 

Brian shook his head, his eyes first drinking in the elegant home... then the blond vision that he believed belonged inside of it. "I'm more than fine, Justin. Let's go inside."

 

"Inside? Is this your house?" Justin asked, looking at Brian in confusion, remembering Brian's initial reaction to this house thinking it couldn't possibly belong to him.

 

"No... at least I don't think it is," Brian answered, his eyes transfixed as he looked at the house, not ignorant to the fact of how insane that statement had to have sounded.

 

Justin's eyes widened. "You don't think it is... Okay, maybe we should just head back to the hotel now. Although it's been a lovely ride, I'm sure my family must be worried."

 

Brian laid a hand on Justin's leg, unconsciously moving it up and down; at this moment only wanting to soothe his nervous blond. He smiled to himself with the thought - his blond. Yes, that was exactly what Justin felt like to him. He vowed to himself Justin would see it too... and he would do so today! "Humor me here, Justin. I'm not crazy. Something is calling me to this place. I'd really like it if we could discover the reason - together."

 

"Okay, Brian. But if we get arrested for trespassing, you'll have more than the authorities to contend with when my father tracks us down..." Justin grumbled, reluctantly sliding from the car, yet curious despite his protests.

 

Placing his hand reassuringly on Justin's back, Brian propelled him forward, a scowl piercing his brow. "Never mind about that. I can more than handle your father... or anything he thinks to throw at me."

 

As they proceeded up the steps, Justin narrowed his eyes as he looked at Brian in what was nothing short of assessment. "You know what, Brian Kinney? I think I believe you. In fact, I doubt there isn't anyone you can't handle."

 

Brian knocked sharply on the door, although his instincts told him there wouldn't be an answer. This house was empty... yet he didn't think it had been for long, at least not during this time. Pulling his lips under, Brian cockily agreed, "Count on that, Sunshine."

 

Justin felt a tingle running up and down his spine. He didn't know the exact cause. His logical and proper mind told him it was regarding what they were doing - here and now, most especially as he watched Brian turning the doorknob; with one slow twist, the door opened to him. Another thought that he couldn't shake off was how his stomach lurched when he'd heard ‘Sunshine' falling from Brian's mouth. As much as he'd heard it during his short career from others... how it made him feel when Brian spoke the endearment, was anything but normal. He looked inside, then behind him, before returning his wary gaze to the man that was expectantly waiting on him. "Uhhh, Brian. I don't think we should go inside. Someone must live here."

 

"I don't think so, Justin. In fact... I'm sure of it." Brian motioned his hand to the sign displayed on the front of the lot, his best - I told you so - look in place. "Let's take a look around. There's something about this house. It may sound strange... but I think we were meant to find this place."

 

A dubious brow immediately raised. "I know we have just met... but I hadn't pegged you as such a romantic person."

 

Brian visibly shuddered. "Romantic? Me? I assure you I am definitely not." He watched as an almost knowing smirk crossed Justin's lips. It was as if the boy was calling him out for being false. Brian thought about that for a moment, suddenly wondering if Justin wasn't onto something. He had never been romantic in the past... or future - fuck, he wasn't even sure what to call the time he had been living in anymore. As he spent more time with Justin, that time seemed both irrelevant... and unreal. This was where he belonged... and with this man. If that meant he had miraculously become a romantic - well, so be it. Tugging on Justin's sleeve, he pulled him inside, laughing as Justin's eyes grew wild in fright. "Don't worry your pretty little blond head... I will protect you if anyone comes upon us."

 

Justin decided to tactfully let the ‘pretty little blond' comment pass. He wasn't blind, nor was he a fool. Such relationships were not accepted, most especially in his world... but the existence of them was - at least in his mind. How long he had fought such desires. His upbringing had led him to think he was abnormal in his thoughts. Yet now, when he looked at Brian, a man who was more of a man than any he'd ever met, he began to wonder about such an outlook. Justin knew one thing for certain. He needed to keep his wits about him with this man. Failing to do that could lead him into choices that had been long forbidden to him. As Justin found his gaze pulled into the yearning in Brian's eyes, his doubts increased even more.

 

Brian closed the door behind them, his body almost touching Justin's. He moaned as Justin's clean, fresh scent penetrated his nostrils... his control beginning to falter. They were alone in this house... this beautiful house that Brian instinctively felt had something to do with Justin's future... if not their future together. It had to be why he was so drawn to it. They were destined to share this home. He didn't have a doubt in his mind. Before he stepped inside, he had only felt compelled to see more... but now that they were enclosed within it, something had changed. It felt as if it belonged to him... and in effect - to them.

 

Nervously, Justin's tongue slid out to moisten his lips, the look in Brian's eyes mesmerizing him, while at the same time filling him with fear. Hesitantly, he stammered, "We should probably take our tour and get out of here soon."

 

"We will," Brian whispered softly. He moved closer, his hand reaching up to stroke along Justin's alabaster skin, his palm cradling his cheek as he looked deeply into the most beautiful blue eyes he knew he would see in any lifetime. "So beautiful." Brian's voice was husky and full of his need to know more of him. He realized he was probably moving too fast, but he felt such a sense of urgency, at the same time. He already knew Craig Taylor conspired to keep them apart... but he'd be a fool to think it ended there. Someone had destroyed them before. He wasn't going to allow that to happen again. "Justin..." Brian whispered achingly.

 

Justin's eyes closed for a moment, his body was taken away by feelings he never thought to have... his complete awareness centered on this man that gently began to press their bodies together. "Oh my God," he moaned. "It's really happening..."

 

Brian's thumb moved to rub gently over Justin's lips. "I hope it is. You have no idea how much."

 

"I've imagined in my dreams how it would feel to be in a man's arms that wanted me... one that I wanted too." Justin blushed, unable to believe the words that he now spoke. "It's not accepted... and it would be career suicide..."

 

"Don't analyze it now, Sunshine." Brian walked Justin backwards, until he was pressing him against the door. "May I kiss you, Justin? Just one kiss. If you hate it, I will stop... and I'll never attempt it again." His eyes hungrily caressed Justin's lips, before returning to his eyes that had suddenly become smoky with the same need that burned within him. "I have a feeling you won't hate it. In fact, I think you desire it too. Am I right, Justin?"

 

"I- I yes, Brian. Kiss me. I- I want to know..." Justin whispered, knowing no matter how wrong this may be... it was something he wanted more than anything.

 

Brian moaned as his lips gently brushed against Justin's. Such a brief, innocent taste... and he wanted so much more. Yet more than that, he wanted Justin to want him just as fiercely. "I want to be everything to you, Justin... and I can be if you'll let me."

 

Justin gasped. Brian's words making his heart thunder in his chest, he achingly entreated, "Kiss me, Brian. Really kiss me."

 

Brian needed no further urging. In the next instant, Brian's arms swept around Justin's waist, firmly yet gently pulling him tighter against his body... his mouth moving to capture the perfect lips that he felt to have been fashioned expressly for him. Their lips met and clung softly at first, before Brian decided Justin was ready for more. Gently, he slid his tongue forward, licking a deliberate path across Justin's lips; knowing it would be instinctive for Justin to part his lips, giving him the taste he craved like none other before him. "That's it, Justin. Let me in..."

 

Justin was just about to capitulate, when a harsh reality forced them to break apart. They each turned to face the newcomer that stared at them with condescending and disapproving eyes.

 

"I'm sorry if I startled you. I am the real estate agent, and I was driving past when I noticed the car in the driveway." He looked at the two men, his eyes lingering longest on Justin. "I can show you the house now... if you'd like."

 

"Oh no, we were just leaving... weren't we, Brian?" Justin urged, thinking it best to be out of this situation in the quickest manner possible.

 

"What's the rush, Justin? Surely we can let the man earn his salary." Brian looked at him pointedly, the covert looks he kept giving Justin instantly suspicious to him. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."

 

A cold look followed, as icy daggers were directed at Brian... and him alone. "I didn't offer it yet." He moved forward, his eyes dismissing Brian as he ran them over Justin, the action far from unnoticed by the brunet's ever-watchful gaze. He extended his hand to Justin. "My name is Ethan Gold... and I would love to show you around." He forced himself to include Brian in his invitation. "Both of you."

 

TBC