- Text Size +

 

Brian's eyes slowly flickered open as the morning sun began to filter into the room. His eyes adjusted to the light, with a smile slowly curving his lips. He had done it. Looking around, Brian's eyes touched on the décor, instantly realizing his journey had been successful. He was now back in 1937. More importantly, Justin Taylor would be at the Grand Hotel. At last, they would meet again. He shook his head in wonder. Again? Despite how illogical it may be, Brian knew it was his reality. He had never felt more excited by a meeting. Brian wanted to feast his eyes on the man in the portrait, in the flesh, and he wanted it - now.

 

Realizing he shouldn't be in this room, knowing he had just arrived and wasn't even checked in back in this time, Brian quickly exited it before he was discovered. An incident with the hotel management was not how he wanted his intensive trip to begin. Making his way down the long hallway, he only slightly noticed the difference in the colors and paintings that adorned the walls; his focus on one thing and one alone - finding the alluring Justin Taylor. He moved through the hallways, knowing exactly which room belonged to his obsession, mumbling chants as he made his way. He was glad the hallway was deserted, or the occupants would surely find him to be mad.

 

They might not be wrong in that assumption.

 

Over and over he repeated it, unhappy with the sound of it each time - knowing it wasn't a Brian Kinney greeting. Yet, his nerves made it the only one he could presently muster.

 

Mr. Taylor, you don't know me... but you will. Mr. Taylor, you don't know me... but you will.

 

Each time he repeated it, his tone changed to one holding more confidence. Brian shook his head at that realization. He was always the definition of confident. That he wasn't now bespoke of how much the promise of meeting Justin had shaken him. His hand shook as he raised it to knock on the door that he knew belonged to Justin. He tapped on it lightly, before a young girl finally opened it.

 

She looked at him inquiringly for a moment, before asking, "Can I help you, Sir?"

 

"Yes, you can. I'm looking for Justin Taylor." Brian's voice was fierce, his eyes looking behind the small, blonde girl to see if his blond beauty was present.

 

Moving to close the door, she replied, "I'm sorry, Justin isn't here right now."

 

"Wait!" Brian's voice raised as the door began to slam in his face. "Can you tell me where I can find him?"

 

"No.... sorry, I can't." The girl didn't give him any further opening when she forcibly pushed the door shut, leaving him alone and confused in the hallway. That was odd, Brian thought to himself. Apparently, Justin didn't receive visitors favorably. Brian smirked. Well, that was about to change...

 

Brian stepped into the lobby, a smile of recognition on his face as he read the large poster on display advertising Justin's play in the hotel theater. That was one performance he didn't intend to miss; however, he planned on making his presence known to the little blond long before then. The theater was his next stop. Justin was probably rehearsing. That made perfect sense. Brian slightly grimaced, uncertain of how he would approach him in such an open place - surrounded by the rest of the theater group. He needed to speak to him alone. Brian knew his own allure was immense. He never failed to get what he wanted from another man. Justin Taylor would be no different. All he needed was a few moments of privacy with the blond. The rest would follow along naturally.

 

Running across the grounds that separated the hotel from the theater, Brian slowed his pace once he reached the theater doors. It certainly wouldn't do for him to look completely disheveled when he, at last, met his vision of blond perfection. Briskly he walked from the back of the theater, down to the stage, stopping by a table where two rotund men were speaking exuberantly. He waited for them to acknowledge his presence, only doing so after having cleared his throat several times. "Excuse me..." he persisted.

 

Finally, the larger of the two men gave him more than a passing glance. "What?" the man barked in demand.

 

Eyes widening, immediately realizing he was in hostile company, Brian stated his business, "I'm looking for Justin Taylor."

 

An eye roll followed. "He isn't here. Leave a message and I'll make sure that he gets it." The robust man looked at him for one long moment before returning his gaze to his companion, once again chattering to him in oblivion. It wasn't until Brian exited past the stage that the man glanced his way again, slightly perplexed by his manner and quick departure.

 

Brian walked around backstage, looking for any indication of Justin's dressing room. If Justin was in the theater, he would be back here, as it had been more than apparent he had not been on stage with the others. He passed several doors, before he knocked on one that seemed central. He hoped that if Justin wasn't inside, he would find some assistance in locating him. He took a step backwards when a more than hefty woman moved toward him, her face heavily covered in make-up and lipstick... obviously immensely interested in making his acquaintance. He looked down his nose at her, in amazement at how his arrival was proceeding.

 

Feeling as if he had walked for hours and spoken with hordes of unknowledgeable people, Brian spoke curtly... fearful this would be another disappointment. "I was looking for Mr. Taylor."

 

Eyes fluttered at him flirtatiously. "He always walks by the lake at this time." The woman called out to Brian's back. "Wait, monsieur."

 

Brian didn't wait to hear another word. Everything he wanted had been offered in that one simple sentence. Justin was walking by the lake. His Justin. Soon they would meet. Despite it being the most illogical of ideas; in his heart, Brian knew it wouldn't be for the first time. Moving at what was a frenzied speed, Brian urgently walked in the direction that would lead him to the lake - uncertain of what he would say to Justin, only knowing that he would see and speak with him soon. Nothing else mattered beyond that. Finally, he would be in the presence of this breathtaking... and at this time - very young man.

 

The trees obscured his vision as he neared the water, his eyes scanning as far as visibility allowed in the hopes of finding the seemingly elusive Justin Taylor. Then, it all changed. Stepping through the trees, in the most unhurried motion, at last - there he was. The blond's steps moved slowly, almost as if in a state of boredom... his steps stilling the instant his eyes lifted to meet the ones of the man that had traveled an insane distance to find him.

 

Justin stood frozen as he looked at the brunet that strolled toward him at a stealth-like pace, his eyes widening as he looked at the man that was somehow familiar. Achingly so. He knew this man. How? Unable to look away from him, Justin searched his mind for the answer. Had it been at the hotel theater? Or at another one of his performances? He was a bit older than him. Perhaps an acquaintance of the family? None of those answers felt right. Yet it didn't matter. A part of him felt connected to this man. That realization frightened him.

 

Measuring his pace, for some reason sensing unease in the petite blond, Brian forced his gaze to remain on the unblemished, pale face; uncertain of how welcome some of his more scorching glances would be received. He had a feeling they would be welcomed, at least in time... but for now, he felt like a foreigner to this long ago land. He needed to tread with caution. He stopped when they were nearly toe-to-toe, wanting to move much closer... but afraid the apparent timid blond would scurry away. That would be the worst thing that could ever happen.

 

"Is it you?" The blond whispered softly, a sultry and breathy quality that rendered the brunet temporarily unable to speak. His voice sharpened as he asked again. "Is it?"

 

Brian blinked, uncertain of what Justin was asking him. Initially feeling his heart pound at finally hearing the boy's voice that he felt he had been waiting forever to hear... then, to experience the confusion of the question so abruptly asked. Deciding he would be whomever Justin wanted him to be just to keep him here and talking to him, Brian nodded his agreement. "Yes," he answered with certainty, unable to stop the rapid pounding of his heart as he looked into the beautiful blue eyes that Brian knew he'd remember until the day he died. Brian watched as Justin braced his palm against a tree, his balance seeming slightly shaken.

 

"Are you alright?" Brian asked.

 

Justin couldn't continue to look at the man. He felt a quiver in his legs that he'd never known. His heart seemed to thunder in his chest. He was actually amazed it couldn't be heard. Keeping his face down, he told the stranger that he was fine. When the man inquired again, he glanced up briefly... quickly realizing that was a mistake. Those incredible hazel eyes. Deep, penetrating, and full of some undefined emotion. Stranger? No, Justin thought. This wasn't a stranger. Not to him. He couldn't be.

 

Before they could speak further, they were interrupted by his father's untimely appearance. "Justin? I'll walk with you to dinner. Your mother and sister are already waiting."

 

Wanting to stay, yet knowing his father wouldn't sanction him conversing with this stranger, Justin walked toward his father, looking back at the stranger... unable to resist doing so. There really was no need for him to look. Justin didn't know how he knew... but he knew he would see this man again. In addition, he knew this man's face... not to mention his eyes, would be forever ingrained into his memory. Justin didn't think he had a choice in that. It was just how it was.

 

Brian called out to Justin, disheartened when he continued to walk away with the older man that pulled him away. He knew at a glance who this man was. Craig Taylor, father of Justin, and the man that managed Justin's career. On all accounts, the elder Mr. Taylor seemed to take on the role of the dictator with his family. He had wondered if the rumors had been exaggerated. As he watched them slowly moving away, Brian realized they had all been true. Watching as they walked back toward the hotel, his footsteps slowly following behind them, Brian knew this man would attempt to place stumbling blocks in his path in getting to know Justin better.

 

He smirked as he watched the slight sway to Justin Taylor's hips. It wouldn't matter. He had come here for a reason... and it wasn't to be thwarted by the likes of Craig Taylor. Brian knew he was destined to be with Justin... and that was exactly what he would be.

 

TBC