- Text Size +

 

Justin stood back, watching completely bemused as Brian moved around the room preparing everything for the bizarre journey they were about to take. He was amazed by Brian's acute attention to detail. Brian was completely absorbed in his task, in the process all but ignoring his presence. Justin knew that Brian was aware of him, though. Every now and again, he would glance at him to give him a reassuring smile; Justin would beam each time it was cast on him, excitement swelling in him for the life they were about to begin together. This life here meant nothing to him. The only thing that mattered was being with Brian. Finally, they had gotten it right this time. It had just been a matter of unraveling the secret that not only separated them, but the one that would hold them together. Now, it was only a matter of allowing the watches to perform their magic.

 

"I think we're ready." Brian broke the silence that had been held for the past forty-five minutes. "If there is anything you want to take with you, now is the time to get it."

 

A bright smile transformed Justin's face into one of such ethereal beauty that Brian gasped as he looked at him. Justin walked to him, reaching out to clasp his hand in Brian's. "Everything I want or need is right here."

 

"I can't believe how much you've changed my world, Justin Taylor, including my whole outlook on life and love." Brian raised Justin's hand to his mouth, his eyebrow quirking when he kissed the back of it softly. "And I haven't even fucked you yet..."

 

Justin blushed profusely, now knowing exactly what this ‘fucking' entailed. He couldn't wait to know more about that. "Hmmm. Well, I guess that could be remedied when we reach our destination."

 

"I can guarantee we will work on that..." he whispered in a sultry voice. Brian dipped his mouth to administer a slow, drugging kiss on his adorable blond. His tongue instantly took a swipe at the pouty lower lip that so entranced him, before sliding it aggressively inside to tangle with the one that yearned for the same intimate connection. Brian clasped his hand behind Justin's neck, his fingers sifting through the fine blond strands... knowing with the utmost of certainty - this was right, more importantly, realizing - they were right. They kissed for long moments in a gentle, yet urgent embrace that neither of them wanted to end; however, it was time. Life was a fragile commodity for them within this time. Once home, they would be safe. It was time to complete the journey.

 

A sigh of the deepest longing escaped Justin's lips when Brian released him, his eyes following his every movement. "I'm ready whenever you are, Mr. Kinney."

 

"I am too." Brian looked into Justin's beautiful blue eyes, grasping his hand and squeezing it tightly within his own. "I'm not quite sure how our landing will be. It is my assumption we will land back in the room I started out in - yet with you by my side. I have proper clothing for that time for me, but I'll have to go out and get clothes for you. That's a minor point, though. Getting us there together is all that matters."

 

Nodding emphatically, Justin voiced his agreement. "Yes, together. That's all that matters. What about the watches? We destroy them then?"

 

"That will be the first thing we do. It's imperative that they are smashed simultaneously." Brian looked intently into Justin's eyes. "Be very certain you want this... and a life with me. Once you do this, there is no going back."

 

Justin's commitment to his decision was unshakable. He smiled at Brian - love and trust clearly transmitted in his eyes. "I say we quit talking about it and just go home."

 

Brian rolled his lips under, his head shaking as he looked at the incredible man that so effortlessly captured his heart. "Lay down on the bed. In your right hand, you will hold tightly onto the watch, your left hand will be clasped tightly in mind. Our eyes will be on each other until we are either transported or pass out. This process is draining on the body. Most likely we will each pass out during the journey. If all goes well, we will awaken together in our new world. Then, our new future can begin."

 

He didn't need any further urging. Justin wanted to be there right now. He cleared his mind of everything that would distract him from the journey they were about to take; with his right hand tightly clasped around the watch, Justin stretched out on the bed. He lifted his hand to Brian, urging him to join him. "Let's go home, my love."

 

In that instant, Brian felt the greatest bliss he'd ever thought to know. Ironically, it wasn't amidst a mind-altering orgasm; it was far more simplistic than that. The love in Justin's eyes - those eyes that had enslaved him from the first time he'd found his portrait, now encompassed all that was true and real. He loved this man. That had already been known to him. No matter what happened from here on out - he was now complete. Justin unquestionably had changed his world. He couldn't wait to enjoy every new experience he would share with this man.

 

Brian moved into position. He looked deeply into Justin's eyes as he began the repetitive chants that would take them to another time - their new time together. Time was non-existent to the lovers now. All they could hear or see was each other in the semi-darkened room. Sweat began to bead on their brows, sliding down their skin before falling to the pillows. They didn't notice any discomfort. Fatigue began to overtake them, each of them vaguely seeing flickering lights in the distance. Words stilled as they each fell into a deep sleep, neither of them grasping the changing of the room as they were magically transported.

 

For now, they slept. When they awoke a new life would begin.

 


 

Justin's eyes slowly flickered open, the harshness of the bright, morning sun beating through the thick curtains that slightly shrouded his view from the outside world. He squinted as he peered in the direction of the glowing light, his hand tightly clasped around the watch he still held in his hand. His head turned on the pillow, a shout of dismay pulled from his throat when he realized the other side of the bed was now empty. Where was Brian? Had something gone wrong? Brian had been so certain this would work without fail. Tremulously, he bit his lip. Perhaps they had forgotten something crucial. What if they had been separated again? He slowly sat up on the bed, his eyes taking in everything - searching for any sign that Brian had made the journey with him.

 

He opened up the curtains not looking outside, just wanting to cast more light into the room; turning around his eyes took in the décor. Yes, he was definitely in a more advanced time now. "Where are you, Brian?" Then his eyes caught on the small slip of paper on the table next to the door. From a distance, it looked like a note. Justin stepped forward, his hand reaching out to pick it up. Justin - I didn't have the heart to wake you. So beautiful and peaceful, as always you take my breath away. Meet me down by the water... the place where we first met. I think you'll remember. I'll be waiting for you. Love, Brian.

 

A scream of joy emitted from his throat. Brian was here. Really, truly here! They were together... and Brian was waiting for him. He placed the watch in his pocket, knowing Brian would want to dispose of these devices as soon as possible. Justin couldn't wait to do that either. As much as he loved them for making it so they could recreate their destroyed destiny, now they needed to be gone so disaster couldn't strike again. Absently, Justin pocketed the hard plastic card that was next to the note, uncertain of what it was... but having an idea if Brian had placed it there he should take it with him. Justin all but ran down to the lake, thankful that the water wouldn't be changed in all the years that had now passed for everyone else.

 

Justin ignored all the surprised and curious glances that fell his way as he ran. His thought was centered on one thing alone - finding and reuniting with Brian. He began shouting his name as he neared the trees alongside the lake, remembering all too well that this was where he had stepped out of hiding and into Brian's direct focus. A moment that would be etched into his memory forever. A dreamy smile transformed his face as his eyes found the man staring out into the water, knowing with utmost certainty who stood there, apparently lost in thought. "B-Brian..." Justin whispered tremulously.

 

Brian felt his heart thunder in his chest at the soft-spoken voice. He turned around, yet not moving from his spot; Brian was oblivious to everything and everyone around him. All he could see was the beautiful blond vision that totally owned his heart. He stretched his arms open wide, welcoming Justin to come into them. "Justin," Brian's voice was aching, a tone that bespoke a combination of painful desire and a love that had no bounds. "Come here."

 

Justin ran to close the distance at breakneck speed, uncaring of the other walkers along the lake, lurching himself into Brian's arms. He entwined his arms around Brian's neck, tears of joy streaming down his face. "It is you. I was so scared it hadn't worked. I can't believe it - it's really you..."

 

"It's really me, Justin." Brian's arms slid around Justin's middle and up his back, mouth curving into the side of his neck as he breathed him in. "One more step, Taylor... and then you'll be stuck with me forever."

 

"Let's get it done." Justin pulled himself free, with his mouth set in grim determination. "I'm ready for our forever to start right now."

 

TBC