- Text Size +

 

"I want to see Justin now," Brian hissed under his breath, eyes feral... with his hands clenching at his sides.

 

"Mr. Kinney, I've explained this to you. We are trying to stabilize the patient. He has lost a great deal of blood." The nurse seated at the desk stared coldly at the irate vampire, not realizing she could be holding her very life in her hands. "You are not even a family member. His parents are with him now. Until one of them leaves the room, I can't permit you inside."

 

Brian's eyes began to glow. It took all the control he possessed to keep from ripping her throat out. "You CAN'T permit me?" His laugh was cold and hollow. It was an ominous sound that caused the young nurse to widen her eyes in alarm. "I need to speak with Justin's doctor." Seeing that she was about to protest, Brian pierced her with his most deadly stare, to no surprise finding her flinch in response. "NOW!"

 

"As you wish, Mr. Kinney..." she whispered, her fingers almost poised to call security... until the look in the outraged man's eyes dissuaded her.

 

Pacing back and forth, his eyes and ears alert to everything going on around him, Brian's steps stilled as he watched the frazzled looking doctor exiting Justin's room, and heading in the direction he was now standing. Fixing an impassive and assessing gaze on the doctor, Brian snapped, "I've been waiting for over an hour, Doctor. I need to know what's going on with Justin... and I need to see him, also."

 

"Mr. Kinney, you need to calm down. Justin is with his family now... and still unresponsive. There's nothing you can do for him." The doctor eyed the man that leveled a menacing stare on him, unable to fathom how the fragile young man that lay fighting for his life could be connected to this loud and outspoken man. "Exactly what is your relationship to Mr. Taylor?"

 

Brian gritted his teeth. "I get that you were called after we arrived. I really don't have time to rehash all this shit now. I need to know what the fuck is going on!"

 

"I understand that you rode in with Justin. Perhaps I should just send out one of Justin's parents to speak with you..." the doctor hedged, beginning to walk away.

 

"Stop..." Brian spoke in what was nothing more than a mere whisper, his voice magnetic... his intentions to mold the doctor's mind in place. "You will take me to where we can speak privately... Won't you, Doctor?"

 

The doctor blinked rapidly for a long silent moment. "Yes, of course. Follow me, Mr. Kinney. The lounge is right around the corner. It should be empty at this hour."

 

"Excellent," Brian purred. He followed the doctor that was effectively under his power, realizing the lounge being empty didn't really matter. He could silence or empty it simply enough. Once the door closed behind them, Brian stalked forward, his voice becoming low and menacing. "Now, you will tell me exactly what is going on with Justin."

 

"We have a problem," the doctor began to answer immediately and in agitation. "Justin has an extremely rare blood type. His mother is a match, however, that doesn't help us."

 

"Why not?" he snapped. "Don't tell me that Jennifer Taylor won't donate blood for her son..."

 

The doctor's gaze remained fixed on Brian's hypnotizing one. "No, that's not it. She's anemic, which prohibits her from being a blood donor."

 

"I see." Brian had hoped for an alternative to turning Justin. He hated being the one to make such a choice for the boy, but losing him wasn't an option. There were a couple of ways he could make the transference. Being that Justin was in the hospital under very close supervision made his choice clear. He needed to get Justin out of the hospital. That wouldn't happen until Justin was stabilized. He could simply take him, but that carried a risk of exposure for both of them. He could work around that. "I can fix that," Brian told the doctor, who continued to stare unblinkingly ahead. He would give Justin his blood, in large quantities the change would begin to take effect, but it wouldn't be immediate. Once he had him out of here, then he could change him completely.

 

"How so?" the doctor asked in a monotone voice.

 

Brian smiled. "I have the blood he needs. You will have it drawn from me, and you will give it to him - now."

 

"But Sir..." he sputtered. "Tests need to be run to verify a match. It's not that simple."

 

"It is that simple!" Brian hissed, his chest clenching as he felt the life continuing to drain away from his beloved blond with each passing moment. "Look into my eyes, Doctor Brandle," Brian whispered menacingly as his eyes flickered to the name badge attached to the crisp, white coat. "You will notify the Taylor's that a match has been found. In addition, you will fix any reports that need to be made verifying the match. Then, you will extract my blood... and it will be given to Justin immediately. Do you understand me?"

 

The head bobbed forward slowly. "I understand. I will get the paperwork ready and call down to the lab. You can go there now."

 

"One more thing," Brian demanded. "I want to be in the room as Justin is given the transfusions. Alone."

 

Swallowing nervously, the doctor answered, "I can remove the parents from the room, but a nurse will need to be present to monitor him, as well as change the bags."

 

"That is fine. Be quick, Doctor. Justin is slipping away quickly. I can feel it!" Brian snarled. He moved in the direction of the lab, knowing what the doctor didn't know. The amount of blood taken to give a transfusion would be enough to awaken the comatose young man. His blood was immensely powerful. Not only would Justin awaken... he would be in the beginning stages of his change. The next step would be to remove Justin from the hospital while his vital signs were still registered as a human. Once his heartbeat became silent, explanations would be more difficult to make. Brian wasn't worried about that now. Getting his blood inside of Justin was all that mattered now. The rest would take care of itself.

 


 

Jennifer Taylor looked from her son's pale form to the doctor, a sigh quickly releasing as the tears of relief slid down her face. Craig shook his head in surprise, neither of them able to fully process the news they'd just been given.

 

"Are you sure, Doctor Brandle? The match is compatible?" Craig asked, his brows arched in surprise.

 

The doctor nodded vigorously. "Yes, the results are conclusive. Brian Kinney is a direct match to Justin's blood type. He's in the lab now. As soon as his blood is processed, the transfusions will begin."

 

"Oh my God!" Jennifer exclaimed, falling against her husband, as hope began to swell within her for the first time. "Will it be enough, Doctor? I don't know how it all works, but will Brian be able to give Justin enough blood to save his life?"

 

"That remains to be determined, Mrs. Taylor. We need Justin to awaken to really know more... and we need to see what's going on inside him. The tests we've run so far are inconclusive. As it is, he is too weak to withstand surgery. He needs this blood more than anything. Once he responds to that, we'll know much more," Doctor Brandle told the concerned parents.

 

"We know you're doing all you can," Craig answered gruffly.

 

The doctor sighed grimly. "The transfusions don't automatically signify your son will recover, but without them, his chances are more than hopeless."

 

"Thank you for your honesty, Doctor Brandle. How much longer?" Jennifer asked, unable to look away from the seemingly lifeless form of her only son.

 

"It shouldn't be long now, Mrs. Taylor." He looked at the hovering mother anxiously for a moment. "Mr. Kinney has requested to be present when Justin receives the blood. He'd like to spend some time alone with him.

 

Jennifer gasped, unable to fathom that Brian would ask this of them now. "Absolutely not! I am not leaving Justin's side."

 

"Mrs. Taylor, the transfusions won't take that long, and it's probably good if you get out of here for a while. I'm sure you have phone calls to make. And considering that Mr. Kinney is donating the blood that could save your son's life, I don't think it's too much to ask." He looked at her shrewdly for a moment. "It's obvious how attached he is to your son."

 

Craig rolled his eyes, before he grudgingly responded, "Yes, they are very close. Let's go, Jennifer. It's a reasonable enough request. I'm sure there will be a nurse nearby to alert us to any problems."

 

Jennifer looked at her husband incredulously. She couldn't believe how much he'd changed in his views in such a short amount of time. Overall, she applauded them. Now, in this case, she wasn't so sure. "Fine, Daphne has been calling... frantic about Justin. I really need to call her, and a few others." She looked at the doctor searchingly. "The officer that just left, did he say anything about the boy that did this?"

 

"They were typically close-mouthed. I overheard some nurses talking. From what I gathered, the boy that attacked your son was so spooked by what he'd done, he hasn't returned home. I doubt he'll stay hidden for long, though..." Doctor Brandle told them, his eyes pulling to the nurse stepping into the room carrying bags of blood, the body of the benefactor directly behind her.

 

Brian's lip curled having heard the last part of their exchange. Chris Hobbs, he thought to himself. That young man had a date with destiny, but it wouldn't be until Justin was fully united in blood with him. Brian had utilized every power of darkness he possessed in the past couple of hours tormenting Justin's attacker. Even though he couldn't leave to physically get his hands on him, Brian had used his voice as a chant in the young man's mind - chanting his name over and over, supplying descriptive images and assertions of his impending doom. Brian expected the boy to be scared to death now. When this was finished, he would complete pushing Chris Hobbs over the edge. Once he was finished, Hobbs would beg for his own death.

 

His eyes zoned in on Justin's beautiful, but pale and lifeless form laying against the crisp, white bedding; the life-sustaining gadgets attached to his still body... ones that Brian knew Justin wouldn't need for much longer. He watched as the nurse moved into position to attach the bag of blood into place; taking the other side of the bed to sit, his hand immediately reached out to clasp Justin's cold and unresponsive one in his own.

 

Almost hesitantly, Jennifer stepped forward, reaching out to lay a hand on Brian's shoulder. "We're going to step out for a bit, Brian. I understand you want some time alone with Justin, and I guess it's not much to ask considering what you're doing for him."

 

Brian nodded, his gaze unwavering from Justin's face. "I care about him, Jennifer. A lot." He pulled his eyes from Justin long enough to flicker briefly over Jennifer, completely ignoring the odious Craig Taylor that stood by the door. "He's going to be fine. I don't doubt it for a moment. If there's any change, I'll make sure they call you in here right away."

 

"Thank you, Brian. For everything... " she whispered, squeezing his arm lightly, before moving toward the door. She looked back at the blood that slowly began to drip into Justin's veins and at the man that sat as if in a vigil at his bedside. For the first time since this ordeal began, a slight smile curved her lips. She didn't know why, but she believed it would all work out. It had to work out. There wasn't a doubt that Justin loved Brian, but tonight she finally accepted her son's relationship with Brian. The love Brian held for Justin was more than apparent in every gesture and word spoken. An outcome that separated the two of them forever would be the cruelest form of fate imaginable. She couldn't bear to think of that happening - now or ever.

 


 

Brian watched as the nurse switched out the bag of blood once the first had been emptied. They had taken more than was considered to be safe and procedural, but he had insisted. Of course, they had fought him. His power had won out in that battle. Sometimes it irritated him how easy it was to bend the minds of the weak; however, in this case, it was more than welcome. Anything that pushed him toward a quick resolution for Justin was all that mattered.

 

When the second bag was about halfway gone, Brian felt a sensation he had never felt fully before. He had never given his blood to another human before Justin, but to feel his blood spreading so completely through Justin's veins was not only exhilarating... it was overwhelming in ways he couldn't possibly understand in the heat of the moment.

 

He had never felt so close to anyone as he did to Justin right now. His blood was fully intermixing with Justin's now. He felt him as deeply as if they were one person. In a way, he felt they already had been, but this was so much more intense. He could feel the merging of the blood vessels. This was going to happen so much quicker than he'd imagined. They wouldn't have much time once Justin awakened to get him away from here. He couldn't allow them to realize Justin didn't have a heartbeat. Brian's eyes flickered up to the nurse that watched over him, knowing that as soon as she switched to the third bag, he would need to either incapacitate her... or get her out of the room. Realizing where they were, Brian knew that he needed to be subtle. The nurse would have to leave the room.

 

Once the bag was placed, Brian grabbed the nurse's hand, pulling her body to lean over the bed... their eyes immediately connecting. "Look at me."

 

She gasped as she watched Brian's eyes changing in color, a myriad of colors until they faded into empty blackness. "W-what do you want?"

 

"Nothing much. I want some time alone with Justin." His eyes pierced hers coldly. "You can give me that, can't you?"

 

Her lips slowly moved to speak. "I- I'm not supposed to leave until the doctor returns."

 

"I didn't ask you that. I asked if you would leave." Brian's hand tightened... as his eyes sharpened on her, a deep and purposeful stare that quickly rendered the victim helpless. "You will give me time with Justin... however, you will do more than that. You will watch his room and do whatever you need to do to keep everyone out. Do you understand me?"

 

She nodded her head in a quick bobbing fashion. "Yes, of course. I'll give you time with Mr. Taylor. I will watch that no one interrupts."

 

"Very good," he purred, his eyes sliding partly closed as he felt the power of blood working inside Justin for dual purposes. Justin's injuries were healing, and he was beginning the first stages of his transformation. Now, more than ever this beautiful blond boy that he loved more than anything truly belonged to him. His eyes followed the nurse as she slipped from the room before his unwavering gaze returned to Justin.

 

Brian watched as Justin's eyelids flickered, yet remained closed... finding an increased beauty in the paleness of his skin that he appreciated more now than ever before. "Open your eyes, Justin. There are things you need to know and do before the transference is complete." Knowing that time was the only issue battling them now, Brian hissed, "Fine. You want to be an obstinate little twat. I'll play the game. As your maker, I command you to look at me. Open your fucking eyes - NOW!"

 

TBC