- Text Size +

 

"I'm waiting, little twat..." Brian whispered menacingly. "I know you can hear me. Push your new boundaries later. Now is NOT the time. Open those beautiful blue eyes!"

 

Eyelids lazily began to lift, blue eyes slowly coming into focus to meet eyes that were deeply penetrating his own, almost as if searching for much more. "B-Brian? Where am I? And what's with all the shouting?"

 

"We need to go over this quickly. Time is short. You were attacked as I left your prom." Brian averted his eyes for a moment, trying to mask his pain. "We almost lost you. There was so much blood loss. I did the only thing I could do..."

 

Justin gasped. "Chris. I remember. He came at me with a bat. The moment before the bat connected, I read my death in his eyes. He's fucking crazy."

 

Brian forced his fangs to stay retracted. "He's also about to be a dead man." He looked at Justin intently. "Do you remember anything after that?"

 

"Not much. I could hear you speaking to someone. A nurse, maybe? Then, I heard you commanding me to awaken." He frowned as he thought about that. "I was fighting it. I just wanted to sleep, but I couldn't fight you. What's happening, Brian?"

 

"You probably heard me taking control of the nurse. My blood was beginning to take effect then." Brian affixed a predatory look on Justin. "What's happening is very simple, Justin. You're changing. Soon, you will be just like me."

 

Justin's eyes widened. "Like you? Wait a minute, I remember what I heard you saying as my mind fought against the sleep my body craved. You called yourself my maker. What the fuck did you do, Brian?"

 

"First, keep your voice down, Justin. We need to move things along - quickly. I did what I had to do. If I hadn't given you large quantities of my blood, you would have died." Brian's eyes became fierce and unrelenting... a look a human couldn't withstand, one that Justin could now only be slightly immune to its power. "This is what needs to happen - you will assure them that you are fine, without further testing. We need to leave this hospital and complete your transformation before your heart ceases to beat."

 

"Transformation?" Justin whispered breathlessly. "Your blood changed me? That's what you're telling me! I'm a vampire now. B-but... I don't want to be a vampire, Brian. I want to be human."

 

Brian ran a hand through his hair, shaking his head morosely, wishing for two things. One, that he hadn't been forced to make a choice for Justin that should have been his alone to make. And two... he wished he had Chris Hobbs in front of him right now. "I couldn't let you die, Justin. You mean too much to me. Besides that, you're too damned young, with too much to offer the world."

 

Justin looked at Brian knowingly, letting it slide for the moment that he'd just been turned into an immortal being. "I can feel what you feel so much more now, Brian. Every moment that passes it only intensifies. You love me, Brian. Admit it. Say the words and I'll think about doing as you ask."

 

"Think about it?" Brian snarled. "I suggest you remember who I am, little boy. In particular, who I am to you now."

 

"Is it so difficult to say the words, Brian?" Justin looked around the room slowly, then turned his gaze back toward Brian. "Nobody will hear you. If it helps, I'll go first. I love you, Brian Kinney. I don't love that you made this choice for me, but I do love that you care so much about me that you felt you had to do it. Now... there's your prompt to reply in kind."

 

Brian shook his head. "Persistent little fucker. Fine, but only so we can get your half-human ass out of here. I do love you. I didn't intend for it to happen. Fuck, I didn't even think it was possible, but there it is all the same. Now, are you satisfied?"

 

"Not the declaration of love I'd always dreamt of receiving from the man of my dreams, but I guess it will suffice for now." A spasm suddenly overtook him as his body contorted in pain. "B-Brian, what's happening? What do we do?"

 

"Fuck! It's happening quicker than I'd thought. My blood is overriding yours. Soon your heartbeat will cease. You need to be released before then. If they cannot detect a heartbeat, they'll never let you go." Brian pursed his lips as he thought this out. He could take Justin out of here without anyone stopping him, but that would place them at risk. He wanted their departure to be normal. The least amount of supernatural powers that needed to be used would lessen the risk of exposure. "You will summon the nurse, and in turn, she will call the doctor. I will get your father to willingly sign you out and into my care."

 

"Are you out of your mind? My father will never do that!" Justin argued, his eyes narrowing sharply when a sudden feeling overcame him. "Of course. It was you. I always suspected. My father's sudden turnaround had to have a reason."

 

Brian nodded. "I never harmed him, Justin. I'm not saying that I didn't want to, but I remembered that he was your father and simply made it so he began treating you with respect. In addition, I made it so he would never fight you on who you are, nor who you wanted to be with. I can easily gain his cooperation."

 

"Okay, do it then. I don't think my parents need to watch this transformation that you speak of. I'll handle the doctor." Justin frowned as he watched Brian moving away from his bed and toward the door. "Umm, aren't you forgetting something, Mr. Maker?"

 

His steps instantly stilled as he looked back at the waiting blond. "Such as, little twat?"

 

"After my near-death experience... or I guess my actual death, depending on point of view, you haven't even kissed me yet..." Justin pouted, his lower lip pointing out enticingly.

 

"Oh for fuck's sake! We don't have time for this..." Brian grumbled, yet strolling back to the bed, his mouth lowering to meet Justin's in nothing short of a toe-curling kiss. It was over all too quickly for both men. Brian backed away, a raspy growl quickly escaping. "That's all you get for now. But later... when this is all finished, I am going to fuck you without mercy. Finally, I can come at you with all I've got. Once your transformation is complete you can handle it. Trust me, Justin, I will make you scream as you've never screamed before..."

 

Justin gasped and groaned as the door closed behind his volatile lover. He pushed the buzzer to call the nurse, willing his hard-on down, knowing the last thing he wanted to explain to the doctor that would soon arrive was that. Unable to resist, Justin reached inside his mouth to probe at his teeth, wondering when and how the fangs would begin to protrude. He only hoped they were out of here long before that happened. As his mind began to wrap around the events, Justin realized exposure was the worst thing that could happen to them now. He would do everything he could do to prevent it. Circumstances had finally made it so they could have their forever. Nothing could jeopardize that now.

 


 

Brian pulled back slightly from Craig, his voice low enough not to be overheard. "Tell me what you're going to do for me, Craig..."

 

"I'm going into Justin's room. The doctor and his mother are with him now. I will wait until it's obvious I've listened to Justin's pleas for release, and am assured that he's on the mend. When they protest Justin's release, I'm going to state that I think Justin is fine and that I want him released immediately..." Craig responded in a monotone fashion.

 

"Very good," Brian purred. "And who will be overseeing his care?"

 

"You will," Craig replied without blinking.

 

"Excellent." Brian nodded his head toward Justin's room. "Time is critical. Let's go."

 

Craig nodded, dutifully moving ahead of Brian, his only cognizant thought of doing this task for Brian... oblivious to the fact of how important his success would be - for all of them.

 

Brian followed closely behind Craig, determined to be close at hand for any problems that might arise. He knew if one thing went wrong, if Justin progressed too quickly, he would need to act fast. He hoped it wouldn't be the case, but if it should be - he would handle it. As the door closed behind them, Jennifer Taylor looked toward the both of them almost desperately.

 

"Thank God you're here, Craig. Justin is talking utter nonsense. He wants to be discharged. Now..." She looked from her husband to Brian for support, soon to realize she would get none.

 

Craig frowned as if taking Jennifer's concerns seriously. He moved forward to look into his son's almost wild eyes. "Well, let's hear what Justin has to say. How are you feeling?"

 

"I feel fine. My prom night was ruined by this madness. I just want to go now..." Justin told him, in a display of his strength he pushed to a sitting position, all of the tubes still attached to his body.

 

Jennifer gasped. "Doctor Brandle? Should he be moving around like this?"

 

"Typically no, but his vital signs are strong. I have no words for his recovery. It defies all medical reasons..." the doctor muttered, shaking his head in disbelief.

 

Brian narrowed his eyes on the doctor, flashing a brief wink toward his beautiful companion. "Are you saying he's fine now?"

 

"No! He's not.... he can't be. He very nearly died tonight. I think he should stay," Jennifer continued to protest.

 

Justin glared at his mother. "I'm fine, Mom. I wish you'd stop treating me like a damned child."

 

"That's enough, Justin. You shouldn't disrespect your mother. She's only expressing her concern..." Brian mock scolded him.

 

"Thank you, Brian. Justin's still a hot-headed teenager. I remember that when he mouths off," she answered back.

 

Craig glanced at Brian, their eyes meeting and holding for a long intense moment. He looked back toward the doctor and Justin. "It certainly appears to me that this wasn't as bad as it initially appeared. Justin seems fine now."

 

"Mr. Taylor, your son sustained serious injuries. It's a miracle he survived them. I really would like Justin to stay overnight for observation... if for no other reason."

 

"Sounds reasonable to me," Jennifer agreed.

 

"Not to me!" Justin snapped, his throat suddenly becoming dry, his body aching in ways he didn't understand. He looked toward Brian almost helplessly, knowing something was wrong; in the same instant knowing it was something only Brian could fix.

 

Brian glared at the offensive humans, wanting nothing more than to drag his aching blond away from here and finish what he'd started. "I can watch over him 24/7. At the first sign of a relapse, I will return him to the hospital. I think he's been through enough tonight. Let him come home with me."

 

"I agree," Craig announced, shocking everyone in the room, other than the two that knew he was under Brian's immense power. "It's more than apparent that Justin wants to be with Brian. I think his full recovery would progress better under his care."

 

"Have you lost your mind, Craig?" Jennifer exploded. "If Justin leaves, he should come home - with us. Don't you agree, Doctor?"

 

The doctor sighed heavily, not liking being in the middle of this... liking even less being coerced into releasing the boy prematurely. "The location doesn't matter as much as him being constantly monitored - at least for the next 24 hours. Regarding his recovery, I think being at the place he feels most comfortable would be most ideal."

 

Brian smirked, his eyes focused on Justin's pale complexion, his mind speaking to him to hold on a bit longer. I know the agony you feel, my boy. Just hang on, Justin. I can make it all better for you soon. Feel my power surrounding you and block it out. It will be finished soon. "Well, that's settled then. Justin is coming home with me."

 

Jennifer looked at her husband incredulously, shocked that he was going along with this. "Fine," she snapped. "It looks as if you have your minds all made up."

 

"Mom, please. This is what I want. You know how I feel about him," Justin whispered, finally tearing his eyes away from Brian. "I'll call you first thing in the morning."

 

"You'd better," she huffed.

 

Justin looked at the doctor expectantly. "So I can leave?"

 

"It's against my better judgment, but if your family is signing off on it, I'll get your release started. It will just take a few minutes. In the meantime, the nurse can remove your IV's and you can get dressed." The doctor looked at him pointedly. "Did anyone bring in a change of clothing? Your shirt and jacket were covered in your blood."

 

"I can fix that," Brian supplied. "If the gift shop is closed, I'll run over to the drugstore across the street. I'm sure they have t-shirts of some kind."

 

"My hero can fix anything..." Justin virtually cooed as he looked yearningly at his vampire lover... a man he knew he would soon be sharing eternity with. A fact that couldn't please him more.

 

Brian made eye contact with his blond beauty, suddenly finding himself elated by the fate that brought Justin into his life. It was a reality he'd never thought could enter his world, yet one he wouldn't change for anything. He smiled at Justin, love blazing ferociously from within him. A sight so powerful everyone present in the room fell silent under the intensity. I'll be back in a few minutes. Then, your life of old will be gone and you'll be beginning an eternity with me.

 

Justin beamed inside and out. He watched as Brian departed, his thoughts reaching out to his maker and the love of his life. I can't wait, my love. I've always been yours... now, fate stepped in and made it all come together. Tonight my life truly begins.

 

TBC