- Text Size +

 

Six Months Later

 

Justin smiled up at the hovering waiter for the third time in the past five minutes. Brian had been working ridiculous hours the past couple of weeks. Today he had finally closed a deal that would place him on the map more than any other account previously had done. This one put the Kinnetik name in every major airport around the world. There was no going back now. Kinnetik was now an international quantity and the workload would soon reflect that. On his way out for the day, Cynthia had bemoaned how the schedule was filling up. Justin knew she only complained half-heartedly. Cynthia was behind Brian and applauded his success just as much as the owner himself. The icing on the cake had been the breakdown of Vangard. Kyle had proven to be nothing short of a liability on joining up with Gardner Vance. Now the arrogant owner of Vangard faced bankruptcy, and Kyle couldn't land a decent job. After all the misery they caused, Justin found this to be poetic justice at its best.

 

Brian was absurdly late for the dinner he had booked for them. Nearly 45 minutes to be exact. The all too attentive waiter continuously checked on him. Justin was beginning to think it was in much more than a professional capacity. Inwardly he groaned, thinking that was not what Brian needed to discover upon arrival. They had been spending virtually all of their time together, although most of it had been work-related; playtime had been limited at best. Brian always managed to wake up in time for a quick interlude, whether it be a mind-bending blowjob in bed or a frenzied fuck in the shower... but it wasn't the same as the quality time they had shared before everything became so hectic.

 

They hadn't hung out with the rest of the gang for nearly three weeks now. It was amazing how quickly he had been accepted into Brian's inner circle of friends. In no time at all, it had been as if the group of them had always been friends. Each of them - Ted, Emmett, and Michael, not to mention their respective partners were all so different, but he found himself cherishing each one of those friendships. Michael had probably taken the longest for him to warm up to, and vice versa. They had rubbed each other the wrong way at first. Initially, he had felt shut out during Brian's private moments with Michael. It wasn't so much jealousy, but more of not feeling included. Michael seemed to have the same response but in a different way. It had taken some doing; the effort mostly on his part, but they had finally reached some common ground, much of it revolving around how they felt about Brian. A grudging respect and friendship had evolved.

 

"Sir?" the over-attentive waiter asked, immediately jolting Justin from his thoughts. "You've been waiting here so long with nothing other than a few drinks." The waiter moved closer to Justin's chair, impropriety continuing to be served in large portions. His voice dropped to a low and husky pitch. "Are you certain there isn't anything I can do to make your wait more pleasurable?"

 

Justin's lips were poised to answer when he felt the hand bearing down upon his shoulder, not painfully, but establishing a solid connection. He groaned realizing Brian would be pissed. As much as he knew Brian trusted him, he had very little trust for other men... most especially where his partner was concerned. Justin realized where Brian's paranoia stemmed from. He had been one of the biggest players and hunters that walked the streets of Liberty Avenue - if not the biggest. Brian knew exactly what other men wanted when they looked at either of them. As time had passed and they had grown closer, that history seemed to inflame Brian even more. "Brian," he greeted looking over his shoulder with a warm and welcoming smile on his lips, all to fall away on seeing the icy stare he was inflicting on the waiter that hadn't had the sense to excuse himself yet.

 

Brian's fingers began to knead the skin of his partner's shoulder, his eyes remaining affixed to the stranger that sought to sample what belonged to him. His tone was cold when he spoke, "Answer the man, Justin. Is there anything he can do for you?"

 

Justin reached his hand back and squeezed Brian's hand reassuringly, his eyes almost swimming as he took in the beautiful man he loved; in his eyes who would always be perceived as 'The Face of God'. "No." Justin's voice was firm, the certainty of his words never in doubt. "I have everything I want right here. Please sit down, Brian."

 

The waiter cleared his throat nervously, suddenly seeming to realize he had overstepped some bounds... and that it wasn't a wise thing to do in the case of this overwhelming man. "Umm, yes well, I was merely trying to entertain your companion while he waited."

 

Brian slowly pulled his hand from Justin's shoulder, his eyes knowingly sweeping over the waiter, dismissing him as insignificant just as quickly. He leaned down to kiss Justin deeply and passionately for a long moment, each of them ignoring the shocked gasps from the other patrons at their very public display of affection. With regret, Brian pulled back, his gaze yearning and hot on his blond partner, his eyes firmly on him as he took a seat across from him. Not looking at the hovering waiter, Brian demanded, "I want a bottle of your finest champagne. When you return we will be prepared to order."

 

"Y-yes, Sir." The waiter backed away as quickly as he'd arrived, knowing he'd dodged a bullet when the possessive brunet had arrived.

 

Once they were alone, Justin stammered, "B-Brian, he was only..."

 

"I know exactly what he was trying to do," Brian snapped. He shook his head, waving it off as being finished. "It doesn't matter. This is a night for celebrations."

 

"So, you got the contract signed?" Justin asked eagerly, never having doubted the outcome for one instant.

 

Brian pulled his bottom lip under, a questioning brow raising. "Was there ever any doubt?"

 

"Of course not. After all, you are Brian Kinney." He looked at Brian attentively, his insides bursting with pride and excitement. "So, what happens next?"

 

"Well... that's the kicker." Brian's face became impassive, before a frown furrowed his brow. "I'm afraid I need to do a great deal of travel to set things up properly."

 

Justin pulled a face. "International travel to all those airports? You could be gone for a month... or more."

 

Brian opened his menu, looking at it half-heartedly, a smirk passing across his lips. Justin was so gullible... and in the process, so fucking adorable. He would never get used to all the various facets of this blond beauty that totally took his breath away. "Entirely possible."

 

A pout fell across Justin's face, his lip quivered slightly as he tried to put on a brave front. "It's okay. This is business. Important for Kinnetik. I'll have plenty to do here keeping things going in your absence."

 

"See anything interesting on the menu?" Brian asked nonchalantly, not quite ready to put Justin's mind at ease yet. This more tender side of his partner never ceased to make his heart beat faster. These moments were always enjoyable. "I'm thinking of steak."

 

Justin sniffled dramatically from across the table. "How can you think about food at a time like this? You'll be leaving me soon!" A glare followed Brian's low laugh. "You don't eat carbs after seven o'clock. What's really going on, Brian?"

 

"Stop being such a princess..." Brian watched as the waiter approached from the bar, champagne, bucket, and towel draped across his arm. "I do believe your admirer is about to join us again."

 

"Admirer?" Justin frowned until understanding dawned on him. "Forget him. That's not important."

 

"No, he's not." Brian couldn't agree more. His eyes were burning on Justin as he admitted, "Justin, I could never take this trip without you. As you said, I could be gone for a month or even more. Do you actually think I could last that long without your hot little ass?"

 

Justin blushed. "I guess not." Brian's words slowly penetrated. "Did you just say what I think you did? You're taking me with you? Really?"

 

"Yes, Sunshine. I'm taking you with me." He laid the menu down on the table, speaking cordially to the waiter that popped the cork and poured the champagne for his approval. Nodding his satisfaction, he turned back to Justin. "Now, are you ready to order? I really don't want to be here all night."

 

"Nor do I." Justin's voice became smoky, the waiter that watched them quickly becoming invisible to him as an idea came to mind... one that he knew affected his dominant lover. "Order for me, Brian. Please."

 

Brian's eyes instantly became feral, his tongue swiping along his lower lip as in his mind he visualized devouring not a meal from this five-star restaurant... but off of the delicious body seated across from him. "I ordered for you the first time we ate together."

 

"I remember." Justin's voice was low and needy. "Do it again, Brian."

 

A predatory smile was the immediate result. Both of them knowing this signified much more than Brian controlling Justin's choice for dinner. Tonight they would become enmeshed in their own private playground. One they hadn't explored recently... yet one they each had craved. "Very well. Consequences will follow. You know that... don't you, Justin?"

 

Justin nodded eagerly. "Yes. Anything you want, Bri-, Sir."

 

The waiter cleared his throat nervously, as titillating as it might be to be a spectator, the knowledge that this moment shouldn't be shared even more prevalent. "If you're ready to order then, Sir?"

 

"Yes, I am." Brian's eyes remained fastened on Justin's almost luminous lips as he placed their order. Tomorrow's schedule be damned. This would be a night they would never forget. One that had been long overdue. Brian barely acknowledged the waiter departing, when he whispered raggedly, "The things I'm going to do to you tonight... Once more, I will completely own you."

 

Justin moaned, feeling his cock twitching in his pants. "You always have owned me, Brian Kinney. From the first moment that our eyes met. It doesn't matter that you placed us on an equal footing. I'll always be yours." Whether spoken or not, Justin knew Brian echoed his thoughts. They belonged to each other... now and forever. Brian had not only chosen him. They had chosen each other.

 

TBC with a 3-part epilogue...