- Text Size +

 

Brian looked up with a glare as Cynthia burst into his office without knocking. His scowl didn't falter as she approached with both his favorite latte and a smile of welcome on her face. Not only was it his first day back at work, but he had arrived at the office horny - all falling to the blame of the hot little blond that had eluded his grasp. He swore he would find that twink. Later. There had been something so shy and unassuming about the blond. He felt the blood rising in his cock as he thought of showing that delicious morsel the delights of being pulled under his control. Fuck. He needed to get that face and ass out of his mind... at least for now. He would find him again. Of that, Brian had no doubt.

 

Cynthia moved forward, placing his latte on his desk, looking at him inquisitively. "Looks like you need this..."

 

"Thanks," he muttered in a low growl. He continued to scrawl his signature on the forms that Cynthia had laid out for him, signifying that she felt they required his immediate attention. His eyes landed on the paperwork and file for the new hire, not having opened it yet, but finding himself curious about the new addition to his staff. "So, this Justin Taylor. He arrived for work this morning?"

 

Nodding, she sat down across from his desk. "Yes, he's in the art department now."

 

"I'm going to go over his file. Then, you can send him in to see me," Brian said, taking a sip of his latte... his tone brooking no argument.

 

Cynthia bit her lip hesitantly... saying without saying - something was wrong. "Uhhh, I was thinking, Brian..."

 

"What?" he demanded, presently not in the mood for any bad news.

 

"Well, it is his first day. Couldn't you just let him find his way around for a bit before you put the Kinney scare into him?" Cynthia asked him, knowing how Brian would respond... most especially while in this mood, but still, she had to try.

 

Brian's glare intensified. "Am I such a monster? I'm amazed you have worked for me all these years."

 

"You can't bully me with your attitude, Brian. I know you too well. That being said... this kid doesn't know you. He wants to do well, and he has incredible talent. One that will be a huge asset to Kinnetik - if you don't screw it up!" Cynthia told him, refusing to back down... knowing she was one of the few that braved the lion in such a bold manner.

 

"If he is as good as you're selling him... then, there won't be a problem. Now, I am going to read this over... and then, I intend to meet with him." Brian stared his assistant down, telling her in no uncertain terms that his decision was final. "The kid is in the big leagues now, Cynthia. He has to learn how to accept criticism and move on from it. In time, he will be involved in meetings with clients that won't spare his feelings. If they don't like the product he presents, they will show no mercy. You know all of these things. Don't you?"

 

"Of course I know that, Brian. But does he really need you breathing down his neck on his very first day? I doubt very much that you will have him in the line of the fire right away," she sputtered in exasperation.

 

Brian shrugged indifferently. "What better way to gain his confidence? We'll see. For now, I have work to do. How I decide to handle a member of my staff is entirely my business. Am I correct?"

 

"Yes, Brian. No one is disputing that." She moved toward the door, knowing this discussion had more than ended, pausing when her hand touched the knob, turning to face him again... having something else to say, yet uncertain if it to be wise.

 

Immediately noticing her pause, Brian snapped, "What else, Cynthia? I'd rather hear it now, than have you moping and being unproductive all day."

 

"As if I'm ever unproductive!" she grumbled, knowing he was half right in his assessment. "I just, well... this is delicate, but when you meet Justin... keep in mind your no fraternization policy."

 

Brian laughed harshly. "I have yet to meet an employee that could provoke me into forgetting that, Cynthia. A fuck is a dime a dozen, however a good employee... and in the art department at that - isn't as replaceable."

 

"Well, it doesn't really matter, I guess. He's in a relationship." Cynthia looked at her boss thoughtfully. "Just don't blow this, Brian. I'm thinking of the good of Kinnetik. This young man is a keeper."

 

"I'll be the judge of that. Sooner rather than later." Flicking his eyes down to the file with all the pertinent information regarding Justin Taylor, he looked up to effectively dismiss her. "Get back to work, Cynthia. Your cub is safe enough from my lust. I'm more interested in how he works the boards."

 

She nodded and laughed on the way out. "Right. We'll see about that, Brian. We'll see."

 


 

Justin took the mock board over to Adam, the other artist in the department that he had just met this morning. They had instantly hit it off, which had been a profound relief on his first day. He had yet to meet his boss, a fact that he was sure would be rectified before the day was finished. Justin didn't doubt that the owner of Kinnetik would make certain to get to know all of his staff. He only hoped Brian Kinney formed a favorable impression of him... most particularly - his artistic skills.

 

Adam looked at it from all angles for a few moments, nodding and frowning slightly. He looked up at Justin, giving him an encouraging smile. "It looks good, Justin. I'm not sure about the color, though."

 

"What's wrong with it?" Justin asked, looking down at the board in concentration.

 

"Well, this particular client usually always prefers blue. So, I'm not so sure such a radical change would be what they had in mind," Adam answered, neither of them noticing the door opening behind him.

 

Justin's face remained fixed on the board, oblivious to Adam looking at the figure moving up behind them... unaware of eyes that crawled over him in what was much more than casual interest. "I have looked over the demographics for this particular client. For the generation that the client is trying to increase their sales with, I think a radical change needs to be effected. Orange is the new blue. I think it should be implemented here."

 

"Orange is the new blue?" a voice queried from behind him.

 

"Mr. Kinney, I understand you haven't met Justin yet. This is Justin Taylor," Adam said, as he nervously introduced them.

 

Brian pursed his lips as his eyes swept over the wide-eyed blond... the same one that he had briefly met this morning. Fuck, Brian cursed to himself. Why did the newest member of his staff have to be him? His dick had instantly hardened the moment he realized the blond was here under his control. Flickering his eyes away briefly, Brian forced that thought away. He couldn't think of him in those terms. Brian knew he was now in a position of power over the hot little blond. A position he didn't presently find to be enviable. So much for him going hunting for this piece of blond meat. Scowling, he realized this day was quickly spiraling from bad to worse.

 

Taking a deep breath, forcing himself to get back to the matter at hand... and away from his aching cock, Brian clipped out, "Mr. Taylor, bring the board to my office... along with your portfolio. It's time for us to become acquainted."

 

Justin nodded vigorously. "Right away, Mr. Kinney."

 

Brian averted his eyes from the blond's body moving around in his haste to assemble the requested materials, immediately understanding why Cynthia had sought to remind him of his long-running office policy. He gave a terse nod to the other artist, before gesturing to Justin to precede him out of the art department, his eyes unerringly pulling to the tightest looking ass he'd ever seen. He licked his lips in wonder at what it would taste like... how exquisite it would feel squeezing his cock. How fucking hot that body would look spread open, bound, begging for the pleasure he could give him. "Fuck," he growled, instantly grimacing when he realized he had spoken aloud.

 

Justin turned to face him, swallowing nervously. "Is something wrong, Sir?"

 

Shaking his head, he motioned him forward into his office... keeping his eyes firmly averted from Cynthia's knowing expression. He turned around only long enough to snap, "No calls, Cynthia."

 

She nodded, looking back down at her desk... seeing the signs in her boss and friend only too readily. Justin Taylor was in deep trouble.

 

Closing the door behind them, Brian urged Justin to take a seat. "Sit down, Justin."

 

Justin sat down, remaining silent as this man that made him nervous in every manner of speaking stared at him intently from behind his desk. He swallowed deeply, unable to look away from the intensity in Brian's eyes; the thought absorbing him - he is the most beautiful man in the world. Internally, he shook himself. What the fuck was he thinking? He was with Ethan, and this man was completely off-limits.

 

"Justin? Your portfolio... and the board?" Brian asked, for what had been the second time. He smirked slightly when Justin jumped and blushed guiltily. He unnerved the boy. That was good. Very good, the part of him that yearned to control the blond thought.

 

"O-oh. Sorry, Mr. Kinney. I must have wandered off," Justin stammered, as he passed both to his boss across the desk. I must have wandered off? What the fuck, Taylor? He's going to think you're a complete idiot.

 

Brian's face became impassive as he looked at the board, followed by the portfolio. His eyebrows raised as he sifted through the young artist's portfolio, finding himself both impressed and amazed. Not something that generated easily within him. He dropped them on the desk, lifting his eyes to pierce into Justin intently. Brian inclined his head toward them, always one to give credit when it was due. "Very impressive, Mr. Taylor. I do have to wonder why you are seeking a career within my company... instead of pursuing your art. You have a remarkable talent."

 

"Thank you, Sir..." Justin murmured, a light blush staining his pale cheeks... his relief more than evident. "Perhaps in the long term, I could consider that. But for now, I really need something more reliable. The life of the struggling artist isn't all it's cracked up to be."

 

Brian nodded. "Agreed. Regarding the board... orange is the new blue, I believe you said."

 

"That's correct. I learned that in art school. It was a very conclusive study."

 

"So, you feel confident that I can take that to my client... one that comes to me with specific wishes, and is very difficult to sway to new ideas..." Brian announced, partly in question... but more in an assertion.

 

"Yes, I do, Sir. That is if the client wishes to appeal to a younger generation... and not the same clientele," Justin answered, certain of his choice... as well as the success of it - if it resulted in being implemented.

 

Brian looked at him closely for a long moment. "Okay, then." He picked up the phone, speaking to Cynthia without delay. "I will be out of the office for the next couple of hours, as will Justin. My schedule is very light today. If anything comes up, pass it along to Ted."

 

Cynthia gasped. "Brian, I hope you know what you're doing."

 

"Not now, Cynthia. I am taking Justin shopping. He will be presenting his first pitch tomorrow," Brian said, smiling as the shock passed across Justin's face.

 

Hanging up the phone, Brian arched a brow. "I take it you heard all of that."

 

"Mr. Kinney, I'm not sure this is such a good idea..." Justin sputtered, hesitant for several reasons. Pitching to the client was nerve-racking enough, but shopping with his boss - Brian Kinney - fuck, how would he get through that?

 

"Mr. Taylor, I know you are not questioning my decisions... on what is your first day..." Brian countered sternly. "This will be a business luncheon, where you will be expected to adhere to a certain image. I need you to look the part... and not a novice member of my staff. This is an account that is worth millions to my company. I have an expense account for this purpose. I'll buy you lunch on the way."

 

Justin turned his head, watching as Brian's steps took him to the door in a fluid motion. Shaking his head, he quickly determined this conversation was apparently considered closed.

 

"Taylor!" he growled. "Are you coming?"

 

Justin stood up abruptly, his board and portfolio were forgotten as he moved to follow. "Yes, Sir. I'm coming."

 

Brian's eyes pulled to Justin when he heard the words falling from his luscious lips... ones that Brian thought had to have been fashioned to both torment him and bring him the greatest of pleasure. He bit his lip as he followed him out of his office as he wondered to himself: Am I going to be able to stick to my rules?

 

Brian glared at the disapproving scowl that was evident on Cynthia's face. If anyone knew him it was Cynthia, whether he admitted it to her or not. He wanted Justin Taylor... wanted him badly. Restraining himself from taking him would be his greatest challenge. Whether he succeeded or not remained to be seen.

 

TBC