- Text Size +

 

Brian couldn't resist giving his blond passenger a surreptitious glance as he maneuvered through the busy lunch rush of Pittsburgh traffic. He clenched his hands on the steering wheel, forcing himself not to take a slow stroke along Justin's thigh; all in discovering if the skin felt as firm as it appeared. Fuck. He was in trouble and he knew it. However, he could control it. Brian Kinney was the master of control - in any and all situations. This perfectly proportioned mass of blond temptation could be resisted.

 

Giving him a sidelong glance, Brian asked, "Do you like Italian food?"

 

"Huh?" Justin asked, nearly jumping in his seat when the silence had been broken. "Oh yes, that's fine, Sir. You don't need to go to any trouble. A quick sandwich is fine."

 

"Nonsense. This is a business luncheon. I need to explain key aspects of the Eyeconics account to you." Pulling into the parking lot, Brian stepped out of the Vette and handed his keys to the parking valet. Ushering Justin up the steps, Brian further told him, "You haven't been shopping with me, either. I believe you'll find that to be the most arduous task."

 

Once they were seated, they each turned their attention to their menus, although each man was more than aware of the other. Taking a sip of the ice water that had been immediately placed before them, Brian queried, "See anything you like, Mr. Taylor?"

 

Justin was glad his face was hidden behind the menu, and not looking at his gorgeous boss' face. He took a drink of his water, before he unthinkingly replied, "Always. My appetite is quite renowned."

 

"Is that so?" Brian asked, his voice unintentionally dropping to a husky purr. Brian took another long sip of his water, as he cautioned his body to back down. Watching as Justin closed his menu and placed it on the table, Brian realized that was going to be easier said than done. His eyes darkened as he watched Justin take another sip of his water, his gaze homing in and clinging to the moistness of his lips. Fuck. This boy was so fucking beautiful... and he worked for him. The largest problem in the equation being very simple - he wanted to fuck him. Badly.

 

Nodding, Justin smiled. "Yes, it is."

 

Brian's lips moved to answer, but they were interrupted by the boisterous waiter. One who had openly flirted with both of them when they had arrived; Brian determined feeling them out as to the likelihood of having a chance with either of them. Flicking a disinterested glance over him, Brian thought that to be unlikely at best. Looking toward his lunch companion, Brian thought the chances of any man diverting his attention from Justin if they were meeting intimately would be more than improbable. "Are you ready to order, Justin?"

 

"Uh, yeah. Can you order for me please, Sir? One, I don't speak fluent Italian. I can read most of it, but enunciating it is not in my comfort zone. Anything with chicken parmesan would be fine," Justin answered somewhat shyly, oblivious to how both his manner and words affected his controlling boss.

 

Curling his lips under, Brian looked at Justin from under veiled eyes. "It would be my pleasure to choose for you, Justin."

 

Justin blushed, uncertain of why... yet feeling his words carried a double meaning. He watched and listened as Brian ordered for them, speaking what he perceived must have been flawless Italian, before he frowned at the vibration in his pocket. He pulled out his cell phone, looking at it in dismay when he realized he had told Ethan last night he would come home on his lunch hour. Glancing up he found his eyes caught in Brian's penetrating stare, uncertain of how to handle it. Should he answer... or completely ignore it?

 

As the waiter ambled away, being certain to give them a treat of the saucy wiggle of his hips, Brian asked him, "Is there a problem, Justin?"

 

"No, Mr. Kinney. My boyfriend had been expecting me home for lunch, and I forgot to phone him..." Justin hesitantly explained.

 

"I see. By all means, take the call," Brian stated in commanding fashion, finding himself curious about the insignificant-looking specimen he had found Justin's boyfriend to be when they had briefly met at the diner this morning. Brian found he would very much like to know exactly how such a forgettable man could have hooked this splendid creature. Although relationships were foreign to him... he couldn't help but be more than mildly curious.

 

Justin shrugged as he pocketed his phone. "No. I'll explain later."

 

"Okay, then." Brian scrutinized him closely for a long moment, before he asked, "Tell me about Justin Taylor - the artiste. How is it that you interned at Vangard; yet when you went looking for a permanent position you came to me..."

 

"I did learn a lot at Vangard, but it wasn't a good fit for me," Justin answered, nodding his thanks for the iced tea that was placed before them.

 

Brian arched his brow. "Explain..."

 

"Gardner Vance can be quite the opinionated ass at times." Justin grimaced when he said that, hoping it wasn't breaking a major rule of business etiquette relaying that to his new boss - regarding his old one. "I hope I'm okay to say that, Sir."

 

Brian's head reared back as he nearly exploded in laughter. "Of course, Justin. You are very young to be such an excellent judge of character. I like that."

 

"Thank you, Sir. I not only found that quality in him, but in the clients that he caters to as well. I realize such is the reality of the world, but having it thrown in your face daily to attempt not being ‘so gay', well... it's more than unsettling," Justin answered, shuddering as he remembered the condescending tone and words of Vance, on several occasions.

 

Nodding as their entrees were placed before them, they both thanked the waiter before sending him scurrying off on his way. Placing a minimal amount of dressing on his salad, Brian commented, "You don't have to worry about such attitudes at Kinnetik. I am as queer as they come."

 

Justin nearly choked on the pasta that he had just placed in his mouth, taking a quick drink of water to regulate himself. "Sorry. I didn't expect that, Sir."

 

"No. I suppose not. When it's just the two of us outside of the office you can call me Brian. Of course, at the office I expect the proper courtesies extended." Brian began eating his salad, looking up at Justin in between bites, cursing himself at how much his eyes kept being pulled to his alluring mouth. He had never focused so intently on a pair of lips. He was afraid it was due to becoming a daily obsession.

 

Justin nodded his agreement. He smiled brightly at Brian, looking down at his large salad... and nothing else. "Uhhh, is that all you're eating?"

 

"It is." Brian motioned his hand, up and down himself, before he told him, "This level of perfection needs to be worked at to maintain."

 

"I doubt you have any problems with that," Justin told him, blushing when he realized he had probably all but told his new boss that he thought him to be hot... and in very good shape.

 

"Thank you, Mr. Taylor," Brian answered as he raised his brow. "You are more than an appealing package as well. Please don't sue me for harassment."

 

Justin blushed. "It's hard to imagine a credible case of harassment being filed against you, Brian."

 

"Meaning?" Brian asked, his eyes once again fastened on the blond's mouth.

 

Averting his gaze, taking another bite of the pasta dish that he knew to be delicious; yet, finding it to suddenly become tasteless in his mouth as his senses began to overwhelm him. "Forget it. Sometimes I speak too freely."

 

"I'll be the judge of that, Justin. Now, tell me what you meant..." Brian demanded, knowing he was failing miserably in keeping their relationship completely professional, but continuing to find this hot little blond too enticing to consistently resist.

 

"Well, it's just that you are so... ummm, dynamic, and well - hot. I can't imagine anyone believing you would need to harass any man." Pulled in by the intensity in Brian's eyes, he continued on similar to what he thought a deer running toward headlights must feel before that fateful moment of impact. "You are rich, successful, and gorgeous. Undoubtedly, you could have any man you wanted."

 

"You're right, Justin. I can," Brian whispered in a low growl, the heat in his eyes signaling that he wanted him. Both of them knew the only thing stopping Brian from having him was his dedication to sticking to his office policy.

 

Swallowing his pasta with difficulty, Justin attempted to change the subject... knowing they were veering deeply into dangerous waters. "So, about the Eyeconics pitch. You want me to make the board in orange... and present it at the meeting tomorrow. Do you really think I'm ready for that?"

 

"I don't just think it, Justin. I know it. This account is worth millions of dollars, I don't play around with that kind of money. I do caution you, though. The chairwoman for Eyeconics is a barracuda. She sniffs out weakness a mile away. She won't hesitate in setting you down. You need to be focused, and prepared for any question she throws at you. I expect your full attention on this for the remainder of the day, as well as tomorrow morning," Brian told him succinctly, his nerves set on edge following their previous conversation. He was actually glad that Justin brought up the subject of Eyeconics. He had been fighting the urge to lean across the table and smash his lips against the succulent ones that were becoming a painful temptation.

 

"Yes, of course, Brian. I'll do my best." Justin finished up his meal, pushing his plate away before his nose wrinkled up in distaste. "Are the new suits really necessary? I think I look fine."

 

Brian pulled out his credit card, handing it to the hovering waiter. He leveled a stern look at Justin. "What matters is what I think, Mr. Taylor. You will be suited according to the level of perfection I expect at Kinnetik. Not only will you occasionally be attending business lunches and dinners, but there is also the possibility of presentations calling us out of town."

 

Justin's eyes widened as he inwardly groaned. "Out of town? As in all night?"

 

Brian smirked. "Yes, it's always a possibility. Do you have a problem with that, Justin?"

 

"No problem," Justin answered, knowing Ethan would surely have an issue with overnight trips with his new and entirely too sexy boss.

 

Signing the offered credit card slip, after adding in a sizable tip, Brian watched as the waiter took it away before returning his gaze to Justin, knowing he wasn't keeping the hunger from his gaze hidden very well, at the moment uncaring of that particular fact. "Don't worry, Justin. I have never broken my ‘no fraternization policy' yet." When his card and receipt were returned, Brian whispered in a low husky rasp, "Of course, I've never been as tempted before, either. As long as I am not unduly provoked... I don't see myself crossing that line."

 

Justin preceded Brian out of the elite restaurant, standing next to him as they waited for his car to be brought around. Unthinking and quite foolishly, Justin muttered, "Well, it does take two, Sir."

 

Brian waited until Justin was seated in the Vette, and next to him as he vaulted quickly ahead. As he waited for the light to change, Brian turned to pierce Justin with an all-knowing and encompassing gaze. "You said it yourself, Mr. Taylor. I can have any man I want. It's something to keep in mind. Isn't it?"

 

TBC