- Text Size +

 

Justin preened in front of the bathroom mirror, unbelieving that the man staring back at him was actually him. He smiled, as he thought of the old phrase - ‘The suit makes the man'. Looking at himself from all angles, he began to think that the analogy was based on truth. He had seen how much the suit itself had cost, not to mention the accessories added on that Brian had dropped off last night, Justin knew his shopping expedition had cost Brian a small fortune. He quivered slightly when he thought about the Eyeconics presentation scheduled for this afternoon. Justin shuddered to think of Brian's reaction should the meeting not go well.

 

After straightening his shiny, navy blue silk tie one last time, Justin walked out of the bathroom, pausing to pick up his laptop and placing it inside the case. Securing the latch on it, he moved to get his coat and keys... only to find Ethan laying on the couch eyeing him ambivalently. He stepped over toward him forgetting how he'd failed to tell him about his new look. Looking down at him, Justin remarked, "It must have been a late night. I didn't hear you come in."

 

"It was. I had a few drinks, and I didn't want to wake you and be accused of sabotaging your big day," Ethan grumbled, his voice filled with bitterness. His eyes moved over Justin. "Nice suit."

 

"Oh right," Justin said, glancing down at it in response. "I got it yesterday."

 

Ethan snorted derisively. "I know you didn't get that kind of advance on your salary."

 

"No. Mr. Kinney said I needed to look the part in the meetings I would be sitting in on. He bought me two suits yesterday," Justin said, looking away from the anger he could see simmering in Ethan's eyes.

 

"I don't get you, Justin!" Ethan raged. "You used to be such a good judge of character. Don't you see what he's doing?"

 

Justin rolled his eyes. "No, Ethan. Why don't you tell me? What's he doing?"

 

"He's buying you, Justin. Making you so indebted to him, that you'll do anything for him..." Ethan sputtered, standing up from the couch to stare Justin directly in the eye.

 

"You're wrong, Ethan. Brian Kinney doesn't have to buy people. Hell, you've seen him. The idea is just ludicrous." Justin's eyes became hurt and angry. "Why can't you see what Mr. Kinney sees? He thinks my talent is worth something... he obviously wants me to succeed. It makes me wonder why you don't."

 

Ethan looked at him incredulously, his lips curling into a sneer. "I know exactly what the 'Brian Kinney's' of this world sees when they look at you. It has nothing to do with your talent... and more to do with your ass! I'm telling you now, Justin. If you want to be used and then tossed aside, stick on your current path. I warn you, though... I may not be around to watch it."

 

"Is that some sort of a threat, Ethan?" Justin asked in disbelief.

 

"Of course not, baby." Ethan moved forward attempting to link his arms around Justin's waist, his eyes narrowing in anger when Justin took a step backwards. "Just think about it. We never had any problems before you met him. Granted, you haven't known him for long, but it's just the start of bad things to come. I just know it. Why don't you think about us, and try to get a position at Vangard? Then our problems would be solved."

 

Justin's jaw dropped. "Vangard? Are you out of your mind, Ethan? You know what sort of mental anguish working for Gardner Vance put me through. That you would want to subject me to that again makes me wonder how much you really do care about me. Now, I'm going to work. I don't intend to be late. Obviously, we have some things to work out. We can do that later."

 

"Whatever, Justin. I might not be here later..." Ethan snapped, as Justin slid into his coat and picked up his laptop, moving toward the door without a backward glance.

 

Once his hand was poised on the door handle, Justin looked back at Ethan almost sadly as resignation about their future slowly began to take root. "That's your decision, Ethan. You have to do what's best for you."

 

Justin left without allowing Ethan to continue his tirade. As he walked toward Kinnetik, Justin realized Ethan wasn't completely wrong about Brian's intentions. Justin knew the only thing that stopped his boss from making a move on him was his office policy. If not for that, Justin didn't have the slightest doubt Brian would have already pounced. Justin tried to convince himself that in such an event he would remain loyal to Ethan; yet, he knew there was something about that man. A variable that had been lying dormant in him for so long. One that screamed out its deep-seated desire to be taken by that man.

 

Justin reassured himself that wouldn't happen. No matter how attracted Brian was to him, Justin knew his policy was equally important to him. Brian wouldn't cross that line. Although, after Brian's visit last night; the intensity he had displayed... Justin wasn't so sure about that, nor was he sure about his ability to reject him. Justin tried to convince himself the attraction would fade as they saw each other daily. As he neared the offices of Kinnetik... and closer to the man in question, Justin realized he was most likely only fooling himself.

 


 

"There he is," Brian said, as Justin walked through the door, a slight tremble in Justin's hands visible to Brian's discerning eyes. "Justin, before you get started I'd like to introduce you to the chairwoman of Eyeconics, Kellie McQuaid. Kellie, this is Justin Taylor. Justin is new to my art department, but a young man with some great ideas. I think you'll be more than pleased."

 

Kellie looked at Justin closely for a long moment, always assessing. "We'll see." Shaking his hand quickly, she sat down at the end of the conference table, her eyes focused on Justin spreading out the boards.

 

Brian sat at the head of the conference table, Cynthia at his side taking notes; both of them in the hopes that it led to a contract being signed. He had been trying to lure Eyeconics away from Vangard for the past few years. Each time he thought he had the scales tipped in his favor, Gardner Vance would pull out a grandstand move to keep them in his pocket. Brian wanted this account so badly he could taste it. It wasn't so much for the money; he had more than he could ever reasonably spend... bottom line, he wanted to stick it to the judgmental Gardner Vance. This would be the best opportunity he would be afforded to do so.

 

He alternated his attention between Justin nervously presenting the boards, and his in-depth description of why he believed the changes he had implemented would be beneficial to Eyeconics, and back to the barracuda that took in every gesture, every syllable. Justin had captured her full attention. That in itself was a very good thing. She hadn't even interrupted him after five minutes into the presentation. Brian knew from personal experience that was the most encouraging sign yet.

 

Brian watched as Justin displayed the original board that Kyle had created, which was actually very good... and the look he would have been comfortable to present; however, that was before Justin's inspired ideas. As he watched the intrigued expression fall on the normally impassive and displeased face of the Eyeconics chairwoman, Brian found himself becoming more encouraged with each passing moment.

 

He watched as she stood up, slowly walking over to critically assess each board. The one on the left is the original that was shown in blue; one that would be similar to what he knew the Vangard team would have offered, along with the tried and true version of what Eyeconics had used in the past. She only looked at that one for a moment. Brian realized it wasn't necessary. It was the look that had been commonplace in the past. He nodded and smiled at Cynthia, briefly meeting her eyes; both of them knowing the tide had changed. Eyeconics would finally be in the Kinnetik portfolio... all thanks to the enticing and incredibly talented blond.

 

She turned to look at Justin thoughtfully, after looking at the board with intricate graphics, and the font encased in a vibrant orange. Tilting her head to the side, she asked, "Why orange?"

 

"Everyone at art school says orange is the new blue. It's the opposite of cool tones, it's something hot..." Justin quickly answered, keeping his eyes focused on the potential client, and away from the intensity of his boss' gaze acutely taking in everything.

 

Brian watched from his side angle view as she nodded her head in agreement, a genuine and rare smile on her face. She turned to face him, confirming with three words he had won the account. In his mind, Brian immediately amended that thought. Justin had won the account. He would be sure to make sure Justin understood that.

 

"I want orange," she told him, clearly and succinctly. She smirked at Brian cunningly, before adding, "Better be careful, Brian. You might end up having to make this kid a partner."

 

Laughing, Brian grudgingly agreed. His eyes bored into a suddenly uncomfortable Justin... Brian's curiosity grew even more. In a low voice that could barely be heard, he answered, "I can think of worse things."

 

Justin cleared his throat nervously, wanting to get out of the conference room with his legs still intact. The presentation in itself hadn't been as nerve-wracking as he'd expected, although, Brian's intense scrutiny had been. He had never wanted to be as successful as he did in this presentation. Intuitively he had known how important this account had been to Brian. Justin felt amazingly good inside that he had contributed so strongly to its success. "Did you need me for anything else, Sir?"

 

Brian's eyes heated for a brief moment. "No, Justin. Thank you for an excellent presentation. We'll talk in a bit."

 

Cynthia abruptly stood up when Justin filed out of the room, feeling the tension between the two men in the most tangible of ways. She smiled at their new client, and at Brian, knowing how elated he was over this acquisition. Kinnetik had really come full circle now. All that remained was a signature on the dotted line. "I'll be right back with the contracts. I'm sure you'll want your attorney to look it over."

 

She nodded. "Yes. However, I want to move quickly. I'll have it signed and delivered tomorrow."

 

"Excellent." Brian stood, moving forward to shake her hand. "I am very pleased to have Eyeconics with Kinnetik. We will endeavor to reach your goals with our brand of innovative ideas."

 

Assessing him closely for a moment, she smiled as she released his hand. "I'd say you are off to a great start, Brian. I'm very pleased with the new advertising look for Eyeconics."

 

Brian smiled, returning to his seat as Cynthia brought in the contract. He listened as Cynthia explained the particulars, pleased that no changes had been requested. Brian listened attentively as they spoke, while his mind raced ahead thinking of just how he'd like to personally thank the blond that had made this all possible. Several ideas came to mind, none of which went along with his office policy. Brian smiled to himself. Today was a special day, perhaps it was time to bend a rule or two. Brian looked forward to that prospect with the greatest of anticipation.

 


 

It was nearing the end of the day when Justin was summoned to Brian's office. He wasn't sure if it would be a good or bad thing. Justin had left the meeting earlier with the impression that Kinnetik had landed the Eyeconics account. Now he worried that something had happened to reverse that decision. God, he hoped not. He walked past Cynthia's desk, surprised to see it both empty, and with no sign of her. Shrugging, he walked toward Brian's door, knocking lightly on the polished oak door... patiently awaiting the permission to enter.

 

Brian looked up with a playful smirk upon his lips. Play was exactly what he hoped to do... very shortly. "Come in," he called out, knowing exactly who was on the other side. Cynthia had just left for the day, as had Kyle. As of now, it was only him and Justin. That knowledge was both pleasing and unsettling all at once. His eyes fastened on his beautiful blond artist as he almost timidly opened the door, and crossed over to stand in front of his desk. This was going to be fun, Brian thought to himself.

 

Justin flushed under Brian's intense gaze, asking in a low stammer, "Uhhh, you wanted to see me, Mr. Kinney?"

 

"I did," Brian returned, curling his lips under as he pushed his chair back from the desk, standing in one fluid motion. He moved slowly around the desk, immediately noticing how Justin seemed to force himself to stand his ground; also noting how Justin kept his gaze downward, and away from meeting his gaze. The gorgeous blond had submissive stamped on him in glowing colors, although the boy seemed to be oblivious to that fact. Fuck. How he wanted to explore that... and with him - here and now. Brian told himself he wasn't going to do that. However, he was going to satisfy his curiosity on another matter. He would discover if the boy tasted half as good as he looked. Brian didn't see how that was even remotely possible... Yet, he intended to find out.

 

"So, umm... What can I do for you, Sir?" Justin foolishly asked, realizing his mistake when he looked into Brian's scorching eyes.

 

Brian reached out, cupping his hand behind Justin's head, angling it to maintain a steady gaze into his eyes. His voice deep and commanding, Brian told him, "A good many things, Justin. However, let's start with this..."

 

No further words were spoken as Brian closed the distance, smashing his lips against the ones of the stunned blond. Brian smiled as the boy's legs nearly faltered under the impact... knowing he wanted this as much as he did. Immediately, his tongue pushed forward to stake a claim to the boy's mouth; not asking for permission... but doing what he did best - claiming a full-fledged possession. Brian growled into the heat of Justin's mouth, knowing he wouldn't be able to step back after crossing this line. The boy tasted so good; he yielded his body to him almost instantly... almost as if the blond inwardly felt as if it belonged to him.

 

Brian had never been possessive over the men he had dominated... after he had completely possessed them. In the case of Justin Taylor, he wasn't quite so sure that would be the case. As his tongue swept into the interior of Justin's mouth, Brian knew he wanted to place a claim on this boy. Not only did he want to possess his body... he craved to own him. Forcing himself to maintain control and pull free, Brian took a step back; his eyes narrowing in lustful intensity and determination as he watched Justin's fingers reach up to touch his throbbing and bruised lips.

 

"Sir, why did you do that?" Justin asked tremulously.

 

"Because I wanted to," Brian rasped huskily. "We've both wanted that from the first moment our eyes met. Every interaction I've had with you only asks more questions... and one of them I intend to have answered right now."

 

"What's that?" Justin asked nervously.

 

Brian's eyes bored into Justin, his body language aggressive... ready to move in for the acquisition; one that he knew would be like no other. "Tell me, Justin... exactly how long have you been a submissive?"

 

TBC