- Text Size +

 

Justin stepped out of the shower, toweling himself dry... unable to forget the tumultuous events of the day. Brian had altered the course of his reality on this day. He couldn't deny the truth in that assessment. How he handled that reality remained to be determined now that he had faced so many truths about himself. Ones that he knew had been long overdue. As he slipped into some form-fitting Levis and a t-shirt, Justin brushed his hair out... blankly looking at his reflection. So much was clear to him now. Things that have always been there, but couldn't be realized until all the correct connections began to be forged. Now, with the addition of the obviously dominant Brian Kinney into his life - those associations were being made.

 

Brian had been more than clear regarding both his intentions and desires. Justin didn't doubt he was only biding his time. This was a big step for Justin, and the dominant in Brian would fully recognize that. Justin instinctively felt that Brian Kinney wasn't a patient man by nature, yet he had displayed both patience and control tonight. They both knew he could have taken Justin without a moment of thought, but Brian wanted more. He wanted complete possession. Establishing trust was the first step. What Brian failed to realize was that Justin did trust him. It wasn't something he could explain or even begin to justify... he only knew of its existence.

 

Now he had Ethan to contend with. Something he knew he should have done long ago. In hindsight, he realized he'd never loved the violinist. They were complete opposites in every sense of the word, moving in entirely different directions - ones that would never find a common ground. Hiding behind him might be a self-preservation mechanism against Brian; however, one that he knew wouldn't be long-lasting. Brian would see through any subterfuge and would pursue him relentlessly. Of that, Justin had no doubt. Regardless of that, it wasn't fair to Ethan... nor did it uphold the honor he believed to exist within himself.

 

He would tell Ethan tonight. Justin breathed in deeply, relieved that he had finally come to terms with his decision. Now, he had to take action. Justin didn't doubt that Ethan would try to change his mind, but his mind was made up. There could be no future for them. It was time they both accepted their mistake and moved on from it. Justin stepped out of the bathroom, finding Ethan sitting on the couch staring bleakly ahead... after their argument this morning, he almost seemed to see what was coming.

 

Slowly he approached. "Did you eat? There are some leftovers in the fridge. I could heat them up."

 

"I'm fine," Ethan answered, flicking a gaze toward Justin briefly. "I grabbed a sandwich while you were in the shower."

 

Justin nodded, moving to sit next to Ethan on the couch. "We need to talk, Ethan."

 

Ethan turned to face him, his eyes registering coldness and bitter awareness. "Right. It's not like I couldn't see this coming. In fact, immediately after you met that man."

 

"This has been building long before I met Brian Kinney," Justin countered, not intending to lie to Ethan and tell him the decision had nothing to do with his beautiful boss. Justin realized he probably would have allowed things to linger on longer if not for his incredible pull toward Brian... and the true revelation of his innermost desires, but that wouldn't have been fair to Ethan. And, he wanted to make things right now... for the both of them.

 

"That's bullshit, Justin. We didn't have any problems before you started at Kinnetik." Ethan's eyes glared at Justin, hopelessness, and anger blazing within them.

 

"That's not true and you know it. We always had problems... only we didn't discuss them," Justin insisted adamantly. "It's time to accept that and move on."

 

Ethan looked at him incredulously. "What are you saying, Justin?"

 

"This is your place, Ethan. I would never try to push you out." He looked at him beseechingly for a moment. "I'd just appreciate it if you gave me time to make other arrangements."

 

"I don't want you to go, Justin. There's no need to ask for time. We can just be roommates. Wouldn't that be nice?" Ethan asked him, eyes almost desperate.

 

"Ethan, that wouldn't work. You know that." Justin smiled at him softly, reading him only too well. "You would want more. You would hope for things that can never happen."

 

Ethan stood up, his eyes darkening with hostility. "They could if you gave me a chance. You have always been my dream... my muse. Now you are throwing it away for a man that will never appreciate you."

 

"I'm not a muse, Ethan. I'm a man. Flesh and blood... and I need things I can never have with you. There's really nothing more to be said about it. This is how it has to be." Justin stared up at him, eyes filled with concern. "Don't fight me in this. I don't want to hurt you."

 

"It's a little too late for that," Ethan told him bitterly, walking toward the door and pocketing his keys without a backwards glance.

 

Justin looked at him in astonishment. "Where are you going? We need to settle things."

 

"What's to settle? You don't want to be with me anymore." He turned back to stare at Justin in disgust. "It's time I went out and found someone who does. Don't wait up. I might not be back tonight."

 

Shaking his head sadly, Justin told him, "Just be careful, Ethan. Don't do something in anger that you'll regret later."

 

"You lost the right to worry about what I do or don't do." Stepping through the doorway, Ethan angrily told him, "Why don't you just worry about your precious Brian. Obviously, that's all you care about now."

 

"That's not true," Justin protested, soon to realize he was talking to a now-closed door, one that was slammed and vibrating on the hinges under the sudden force of Ethan's angry departure. Laughing half-heartedly, Justin mumbled, "That went well."

 


 

Brian sat at a centralized table at Woody's fast into his second shot of beam, his eyes scanning the room in boredom - finding everything presently on offer to be sadly lacking. On offer was exactly what they all were. When you were Brian Kinney, that was simply how things were. There were possibly a few fuckable candidates present... but all were bland in comparison to the blond that featured so heavily in his thoughts. His eyes coldly dismissing the most appealing of tonight's attractions, his gaze moved back to Ted, Michael, and Ben looking at him in interest.

 

"Wow. I'm amazed," Ted spoke drolly.

 

"Not a difficult feat," Brian replied in derision. "Pray tell, exactly what has produced this uncommon state."

 

"You didn't either summon or begin stalking the most attractive man in the place."

 

Brian raised an eyebrow. "I believe you are speaking to the most attractive man in the place - bar none."

 

Snorts were heard around the table as they all ignored the comment, all of them finding it to be standard Brian. Michael looked at Brian attentively for a moment, nonchalantly asking, "So, how's it going with the new artist?"

 

"Fine," Brian clipped out, knowing exactly what his friend was asking; not wanting to divulge anything about his intentions for Justin. That in itself was different for him. He wanted it to be private, as he wanted the submissive blond all to himself. He fully intended to have that.

 

Ted leaned forward, his voice lowering in a conspiratorial fashion. "They've been spending a great deal of time together... at the office, of course."

 

"Of course," Michael cooed knowingly. "All business I'm sure."

 

"What are you asking, Michael?" Brian demanded.

 

Ben cleared his throat. "This really isn't any of our business, Michael."

 

"It's fine, Ben. I'd like to hear this..." Brian continued, staring Michael down heatedly.

 

Ted's eyes widened as he abruptly stood from the table. "Well, I'm off to meet up with Blake. Goodnight Michael... Ben. See you in the morning, Brian."

 

After they had all said their goodbyes to Ted, silence briefly prevailed. Michael looked at Brian stonily for a moment. He shrugged before saying, "It's nothing, Brian. I was there the morning you met Justin, remember? Mom really likes him. I just hope you know what you're risking before getting involved with him."

 

Brian's mouth snapped open to tell Michael he would do who and what he wanted, which also pertained to his office staff when his peripheral vision picked up a sight that he never expected to see here. One that pleased him immensely. His eyes trailed the hot piece of blond boy ass as it made its way over to the bar, taking a seat and immediately being given service. Brian's eyes roamed around the bar, to his displeasure seeing all the eyes that found the newcomer. Fuck no, he thought to himself. That one is mine. Amending to himself, the blond wasn't his yet, but he would be. In the quickest manner possible.

 

Michael and Ben both turned to look at who had captured Brian's undivided attention, both of them raising a brow in acknowledgment. Completely ignoring Brian, Michael turned to Ben. "Shall we go, Ben? I have a feeling Brian is about to be otherwise occupied."

 

Ben nodded. "Sure. If you want." Looking toward Brian with an understanding smile, Ben told Brian, "Have a good night, Brian."

 

Brian frowned as he heard the distraction of his name being called, unable to pull his gaze from Justin; most specifically... the undeserving trick that looked to be moving in on him. He watched silently as Justin turned and smiled at the man, yet effectively dismissed him with a few unspoken words. Good boy, he mused to himself.

 

Michael stood to his feet, looking down at Brian in concern. "Right. I've seen all I need to see. I hope you know what you're doing, Brian."

 

Ben sighed. "Let's go, Michael. This is between them. Okay?"

 

Brian returned his gaze to his retreating friends, a glare extended toward Michael. "Goodnight, Michael. And, yes. I always know precisely what I'm doing..." He watched them head for the exit, knowing he wouldn't be allowing this opportunity to slip through his fingers. He had his own little bombshell to drop on Justin. No time quite like the present.

 


 

Justin swirled the amber liquid around in his glass, staring into it... yet seeing nothing. He had no idea why he had come here tonight. This was the first time he'd been inside of Woody's, although he had passed it many times. Tonight he just needed to get out. Perhaps he had imagined moving around would push the magnetic Brian Kinney out of his mind. In grim acknowledgment he began to accept that to be impossible. Justin had just taken a sip of his drink when he felt a presence behind him. He had known coming in here there would undoubtedly be advances, but as this man moved up tightly behind him, Justin knew this wasn't just any man - this was that man.

 

He sat the glass down, swallowing nervously as he did... forcing himself not to turn and face the man that hadn't left his thoughts for long since he left the office earlier this evening. The man moved in closer, his breath ghosting against his ear. Justin groaned, knowing the stakes were about to be elevated.

 

"Justin..." the voice purred into his ear. "What a delightful surprise."

 

"I- I- uhhh... needed to get out. I just happened to stumble in here," Justin stammered, uncertain of what to say... determined to keep his gaze straight ahead.

 

Brian chuckled, his breath fanning along the back of Justin's neck. He placed his hand on Justin's back, moving it up and down his spine. "Come over to my table, Justin." When Justin remained unmoving, he continued, "It would please me if you joined me. You want to do that... don't you, Justin?"

 

Justin took a deep breath, in and out, Brian's words and proximity stirred him as deeply as the most evocative caress. "Please you?"

 

Nostrils flaring, Brian pressed his body closer against him, his hand moving from Justin's back to encircle his waist... pulling him tightly backwards. "Yes," Brian growled, his voice heavy and full of determination. "You want to please me. You will please me, Justin. Come with me to my table. Now."

 

In immediate acquiescence, Justin stood to his feet, noticing while Brian allowed him the space to maneuver... he still maintained a hold around his waist. Carrying his glass with him, Justin walked as Brian led him to his table, unable to stop thinking how the arm around his waist somehow felt as if it belonged. As he sat down across from Brian and looked into his smoldering eyes, Justin knew without a doubt he was undeniably fucked.

 

Brian only moved his eyes away from Justin long enough to signal for a refill of their drinks. His gaze returned to look at Justin intently. "I see you are alone. Do you have something to tell me, Justin?"

 

Justin swallowed nervously, uncertain if telling Brian about his break-up with Ethan, here and now, was a good idea. As he looked into his eyes, Justin realized he couldn't hold back. "I guess I am alone now. I - uhhh - we're still roommates, but I told Ethan tonight we didn't have a future together."

 

"You are only alone if you choose to be, Justin." Brian's eyes fell to the tremulous lips he ached to possess in every way. Forcing himself to stay focused and away from the tempting delights of the young man, he asked, "How did he respond?"

 

"He was angry, alternating between blaming you and attempting to change my mind," Justin answered, blushing as he fell into the lust in Brian's eyes.

 

"Is it my fault?" Brian relentlessly pushed on.

 

Justin shook his head. "Not really. This has been building for a long time. Perhaps what we discussed earlier made me more fully realize it would never work out with Ethan, but that's hardly your fault."

 

Brian reached across the table, his hand covering Justin's, eyes boring into the blue ones mercilessly. "I believe you made the right decision, Justin... not only for me, but for you as well. Now, tell me what you want."

 

"I-I, I'm not really sure." Justin looked down and back up again to meet Brian's scorching gaze. "I'm very confused, but I don't want to deny myself any longer, either."

 

"Good boy," Brian whispered huskily, his dominant instincts urging him to reach out and take the boy, but intuitively knowing he needed to proceed with caution here. Respect had already clearly been established between the two of them... trust was equally important. "I don't need to tell you how much I want you. Just as I don't need to tell you how much I want to explore the submissive side of you. Regardless of my desires, I don't want to rush you."

 

"I appreciate that, Sir. Where do we go from here?" Justin asked, uncertain of what to do or say next.

 

Brian smiled, squeezing his hand before releasing it. "I want us to spend some time together, Justin. A mixture of business... and pleasure."

 

"What do you mean?" Justin asked.

 

"After you left today, I had a call from Leo Brown of Brown Athletics. I trust you are familiar with them?" Brian prodded.

 

Justin nodded vigorously. "Yes. Brown Athletics is a client?"

 

"No. I've been unsuccessfully trying to get in the door for longer than I care to admit. Finally, I received a call from Leo Brown himself today. He wants a meeting, but he wants it in New York on Monday. I not only want you to prepare the boards, but I want you to come with me to present them as well." Brian watched Justin's reactions closely. Fear, excitement... and most of all acceptance flashing across the blond's face.

 

"Come with you to New York?" Justin gasped, his heart in his throat.

 

"Exactly," Brian told him. "I want you to work on those boards for the next two days. I will give you the specs tomorrow. On Friday night we will leave for New York."

 

Justin's eyes widened, knowing precisely where this was heading... and that New York would be Brian's stage for his next move. "Friday, but the meeting isn't until Monday?"

 

Brian smiled, his eyes boldly possessing Justin in one telling glance. "Yes, Justin. Friday night. I want to spend some time with you. We have much to discuss before we proceed, and I think New York will be the perfect opportunity to do so."

 

Taking a swallow of the drink that he had never noticed placed before him, Justin nodded in agreement. "Okay, I'll do it. Please be patient with me, Sir. That's all I really ask."

 

Nodding, Brian watched Justin intently. "Of course I will. This is not simply about fucking. It's so much more... and I will teach you." Brian watched as the blush crawled up Justin's neck to spread into his beautiful skin. Oh yes, Justin. I will teach you so much. At the end of our trip - you will belong exclusively to me.

 

TBC