- Text Size +

 

Justin slipped into the small apartment he shared with Ethan, a yawn quickly falling from his mouth as he stepped through the door. His eyes slowly fell to Ethan sitting on the couch, glowering at his arrival. He laid his laptop and case on the table, before hanging up his coat... grateful he had managed to finish the Eyeconics boards back at the office; not wanting to bring his work home on the first night. Moving over to the couch, Justin sat down beside Ethan... slightly miffed that Ethan hadn't started dinner, but hoping to avoid any unpleasant confrontations. He moved to kiss him lightly on the cheek, eyes narrowing slightly when Ethan edged away.

 

"Uh, what's the problem, Ethan?" Justin asked, his eyes pulling together in a deep frown.

 

"What's the problem?" he asked. "We were supposed to meet for lunch. You didn't answer or respond to my calls. When I called Kinnetik, I was told that you went out to lunch with your boss. What am I to think about all of that?"

 

Justin looked at Ethan incredulously. "You're supposed to think exactly that. I was having a business lunch with my boss. We were discussing the presentation he wants me to deliver tomorrow."

 

"Your first day and he is handing you a presentation. Doesn't that strike you as odd?" Ethan questioned, his voice rising.

 

Shrugging, Justin answered, "Maybe so, but I gave him some good ideas and he awarded the assignment to me. I'm trying really hard to be successful, Ethan. Why are you trying to bring it down around me?"

 

"I'm not, Justin. It's that man. I just don't trust him. It was clear at the diner this morning that he wanted you. Debbie even made sure to warn me about him." Ethan snorted. "She seemed all too pleased about doing that."

 

"Debbie just likes to look out for me," Justin hedged, not admitting what they both knew - Debbie Novotny couldn't stand the sight of Ethan. "I know how he was at the diner, but he wasn't like that at Kinnetik. He has this strict no fraternization policy in place. I don't think he ever violates it."

 

"Believe what you want, Justin. You've always been naïve..." Ethan sneered.

 

Justin stood up, moving toward the bedroom. "I don't want to argue with you, Ethan. I'm going to take a shower, get some dinner... and try to get some sleep. I have a big day tomorrow."

 

"Wait. My friends invited us over for dinner and drinks. I was about to tell you to get showered and changed..." Ethan went on, his tone stating their plans were all set.

 

"I'm not doing that tonight," Justin told him. "Your friends don't even like me... and I'm tired. I need to sleep and be prepared for this presentation tomorrow."

 

"Right. It's always about you; isn't it, Justin? My friends know people that could help me in my career; I have to stay in contact with them," Ethan whined petulantly.

 

Justin rolled his eyes, stepping into the bedroom and grabbing a pair of sleep shorts and a t-shirt. Walking toward the bathroom, Justin muttered, "Yes, they have been so instrumental in establishing your career so far."

 

"That's so unfair, Justin. You don't understand the life of a musician... the sacrifices." He flailed his hands angrily. "I'm going. With or without you."

 

"I don't understand sacrifices?" Justin ran a weary hand through his hair, before muttering in exasperation, "Go ahead and go, Ethan. I'm not stopping you."

 

Ethan glared at Justin for a long angry moment, before he shook his head in disgust and slammed out of their apartment. Justin shrugged indifferently as he proceeded to take his shower, suddenly deciding this turn of events could be the best way for his day to end. A hot invigorating shower, a quiet dinner, and a glass of wine, followed by a small amount of TV... and then finish it off with an early night in bed alone. Considering Ethan's present state of mind, the alone part of the evening was something that more than appealed to him.

 

Justin couldn't help but feel slightly guilty from his untruthful answers to Ethan as he stepped under the hot shower spray. There had been undertones between him and Brian all day. Justin knew his boss wanted him; Brian hadn't made any secret about that.

 

There wasn't a doubt that Brian Kinney was the most beautiful man he'd ever seen; Justin had never known such beauty existed. But as far as he was concerned... Brian was one of those untouchable objects that one admired from afar. An invisible line that never got crossed. One that he didn't intend to cross. Even if he wasn't with Ethan, Brian Kinney was still unattainable. That was one fact he would do well to remember.

 


 

An hour later, Justin was reclining on the couch flipping through the channels after having had his shower and a quickly prepared pasta dish and salad. He poured himself another glass of wine, willing his mind to slow down so he could begin the process of getting some much-needed rest. He wasn't certain why he was so keyed up... he thought it could be a combination of things; the only thing he knew was he needed to relax soon. Being overtired, causing him to be unproductive tomorrow, was the worst possible case scenario in his opinion. He had just turned the TV off, finding there was nothing of interest to watch, when he heard a light tapping at the door.

 

Justin walked over to open it, thinking it must be one of the neighbors needing something, or Daphne checking in about his first day on the job. His jaw dropped down in disbelief at what greeted him on the other side. His eyes widened as he looked down at his state of undress, realizing a pair of hazel eyes were also making the same analytical study. "Uhhh, Mr. Kinney. This is a surprise."

 

"Taylor," Brian drawled, leaning nonchalantly against the door jam, not bothering to hide how appealing he found the blond looked in his clinging gray shorts and a white t-shirt. He glanced over Justin's shoulder into the meager apartment, before suggestively asking, "I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"

 

"Oh no. I was just relaxing before going to bed." Justin flushed looking down at himself, studiously avoiding looking at Brian's penetrating gaze. Hearing a slight rustling he looked up, surprised to see the large garment bag Brian held in his hand. "Uh, what's that?"

 

"Your suit was finished by the end of the day. The alternations weren't very extensive. I decided to drop it off so you'd have it immediately." He looked at him expectantly. "May I come in?"

 

Justin grimaced, not wanting Brian inside his apartment for a couple of reasons. One, he didn't think the privacy with this man was such a good idea; Second, he was embarrassed by the meager apartment being viewed by his boss' refined eyes. "Umm, sure. Come in, Sir. I apologize for the state of the apartment. But it's a roof over my head, and also provides a place to sleep."

 

Brian handed the bag over to Justin, nodding in understanding. His eyes bored into Justin's deeply. "I came to see you, Justin... not your apartment. I had a couple of shirts added, and a few ties. They should all fit. Let me know if they don't."

 

Smiling, Justin asked Brian to take a seat on the couch. "Please have a seat, Sir. I'll just go hang this up."

 

Brian took a seat on the couch, his eyes looking around curiously at the small little box of an apartment, surprised it didn't look as bad up close as it had from the outside. He wondered if Justin or his boyfriend had been responsible for what little décor fashioned the place. After viewing some of Justin's work, Brian surmised that the limited interior design most likely came from the artist.

 

He had no idea why he was here. He had skipped a night at Woody's with his friends to drop off Justin's suit. When he received the call that the suit was ready, he quickly found himself changing his plans. Amidst Michael's grumbling protests, he decided to deliver it; uncaring of how it disrupted Justin's evening with his absent boyfriend.

 

Justin came back a moment later, brandishing another wine glass and setting it down on the table next to his own. "Glass of wine, Mr. Kinney? I'm sure it's not what you're accustomed to, but it's not that bad, either."

 

"Sure, Justin. Thank you. And in these settings, you can call me Brian, okay?" Brian told him, his eyes narrowing sharply on Justin as the color flooded the blond's face. Fuck, Brian thought to himself. If Justin's responses to the simplest request meant what he thought it could mean... there was no way he would be able to adhere to his policy for long. He wanted Justin badly... and if the blond beauty turned out to be submissive by nature; he was, without a doubt, undeniably fucked. As much as he understood how deeply that would affect his life; he wanted that. Right now, he wanted that more than anything.

 

Filling the glass with a slightly trembling hand, Justin kept his eyes fixed on the glass as he handed it over to Brian... uncertain of why his request shook him so deeply. "I, uhhh - I'll try, Si-, erm, I mean, Brian. You're my boss. It's just a strange leap for me."

 

Brian took a slow sip of the wine, continuing to gaze at Justin intently. "It's good that you are so respectful. I like that, Justin. In fact, I like it a lot."

 

"Thank you for bringing me the suit... and for getting them for me," Justin told him, trying to shake the feelings that coursed through him underneath Brian's watchful stare. "You can deduct a sum from my paychecks if you like."

 

"I don't like," Brian replied firmly. "They were a gift, Justin. A look that you need to possess to be successful in this position. I want you to be extremely successful."

 

Justin sat his glass down, bravely finding the nerve to hold Brian's gaze... a feat that wasn't very easy. "I will never be able to thank you enough, Brian. You are very kind."

 

Brian laughed, his eyes falling to the pouty lips that he wanted to possess, and ultimately use for his pleasure. Fuck, that mouth was so perfect for him, Brian thought. Derisively, he responded, "Don't delude yourself, Justin. I never do anything without a reason."

 

Fidgeting nervously on the couch, Justin's fingers idly plucked at the cushions next to him... unsure of what to do or say next. When he felt Brian lay his hand on his bare thigh, the decision was taken out of his hands. He jerked in response, his breathing becoming slightly erratic, to his dismay, not unnoticed by the brunet.

 

"Justin, look at me," Brian demanded. "Good boy," he whispered, when Justin nervously faced him. His hand idly stroked the exposed skin; not even fully cognizant of why he was doing it... only knowing he had to push for more answers. "I seem to make you nervous. Why is that?"

 

"I- I don't know what you mean, Sir..." Justin stammered, his hand reaching out for the neck of the wine bottle. "Can I pour you another glass?" he rambled on quickly.

 

"No, Justin. I don't want any more wine. I merely want to know more about my newest staff member." Brian slowly and reluctantly removed his hand, easily noting how deeply it had affected the blond; filing it away into his memory banks with all the other nervous gestures Justin had displayed so far.

 

Justin shrugged his shoulders slightly. "There isn't much to know, Brian. I guess I'm just a little out of it. It's been an extremely busy day, and I guess I'm kind of tired."

 

Brian pulled his lips under, nodding his head in agreement. "A new job equates to a different kind of life. It can be stressful; I'll give you that. But there's more to you, Mr. Taylor, and I fully intend on getting to the bottom of it."

 

Eyes widening as Brian stood to walk toward the door, Justin stood and slowly followed; not realizing at the time just how big of a miscalculation that was on his part. Justin halted his footsteps directly behind Brian; the brunet suddenly stopped and turned to face him... fire and determination burning in his eyes. He gasped as Brian's hand reached up to stroke along the side of his face, his gaze scorching in its intensity. Justin shook his head slightly, before whispering, "I - uhh - good night, Mr. Kinney. I'll see you in the morning."

 

Nodding, Brian reached out, and ran the back of his finger up and down Justin's cheek, coming to rest on his chin, forcing himself to draw back before he gave in to the temptation to touch those luscious lips. Brian knew without a doubt, touching wouldn't be nearly enough. "Good night, Justin."

 

Brian pulled away and slipped silently out of the apartment. He lifted the finger to his lips that had touched Justin, frowning slightly as he made his way down the steps. As he slid into his car, he smiled as a realization was quickly overcoming him, as he replayed all the events of the day in his mind. It was all so blatantly obvious, yet Justin seemed blissfully unaware of it. Justin Taylor had such a deep need within him... the need to be controlled. The young blond would stagnate until he fully accepted it, and released it. Brian's eyes darkened as he watched the lights go out in the apartment above. Fuck. What was he going to do now? Justin worked for him... yet, he wanted to bend the boy to his will more than anything he'd ever known.

 

Could he keep constant with his rules and resist that irresistible call? As he pulled away from the curb, he continued to ponder that question... and another one even more. Did he even want to resist?

 

TBC