- Text Size +

 

Brian barely looked up from his Apple computer when a light knock sounded on his door, and his secretary stepped inside. It was just past five o'clock, and she would soon be leaving for the day. "Mr. Kinney, the fax from the PI has just been submitted. Mr. Arnold relayed that he would be available to speak with you this evening, or any other time of your choosing. He said that the fax contains vital information, but that he also sent you a detailed email containing all his findings."

 

"The report will be fine, Ms. Swinton. If I have any concerns I will contact him in the morning..." Standing from his desk, Brian stepped over to the fax machine in the far corner of the room. It was about damn time, he thought to himself. He had spent the day in studious concentration during the various meetings that had required his attention; however, his interest was divided. As much as he had been initially intrigued by the young blond... he didn't like his focus being pulled from business. He was a man in control of all things in his life. In every instance - he decided when and where a distraction was permitted. That variable in his life seemed to have been altered from the moment Justin Taylor unexpectedly stepped into his world.

 

"Alright then. I'll say goodnight, Sir. Unless, you need something else?" she queried, the tone in her voice courteous and professional, yet, both of them knowing a delay was the last thing she wanted... especially after their issue from earlier.

 

Forcing himself not to look at the single slip of paper until he was alone, and fully able to concentrate on absorbing every detail, he shook his head. "No, I will be leaving soon as well. Have a good weekend, Ms. Swinton."

 

"Thank you, Mr. Kinney. You as well..."

 

Brian watched as she made her exit, having no doubt she had come into his office prepared to leave for the day, her footsteps now most likely rushing straight for the elevator. Moving to the bar, Brian poured himself a double shot of Irish Whiskey, returning to his desk with his drink and important document in hand. Taking a moderate swallow, Brian's eyes slowly scanned the page's details.

 

Justin Taylor.

 

Age: 22 years old. Brian smiled. At least the young man was legal. It was a good thing considering all he wanted to do to and with him.

 

Residence... Brian read the physical address listed. He was more than pleased. His investigator had done well in such a short span of time. It wasn't much of a surprise that the blond lived near the Liberty Avenue area. That the boy was gay had been more than apparent to him from the very first moment. Daphne Chanders was his roommate's name, although he would have known that fact regardless. It was Ms. Chanders that had been scheduled to interview him. Even though he would never wish an illness upon another, he was grateful that fate had thrown Justin Taylor into his waiting arms. He definitely wanted to know more about their relationship. It was doubtful that it would be found in this brief report.

 

His eyes scanned through the details of Justin's former GPA, and his internship at Vangard. Impressive... and he was rarely impressed by anyone. The boy had a great deal of intellect; however, that was something he had realized during their first - and only - brief meeting. He found himself wanting to know much more about the young man's career aspirations. One of his greatest assets was in reading people. It was the recipe for his own personal success. He had always made certain to surround himself with efficient, intelligent, and loyal people. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Justin Taylor would fit that criterion exceptionally well. That was definitely something to keep in mind.

 

His eyes skimmed down further, his lips twisting as he read the details of Justin's employment. It wasn't like him to be instantly jealous... most especially not over a man that wasn't even his. Yet - he immediately amended himself. A slight smile curved his lips as he thought of all the ways their paths could cross again.

 

Knowing he had to view Justin's unacceptable form of employment as a means of communication - for now, Brian smiled as he realized he could see the blond as early as tonight. He frowned as he read the PI's last entry. Relationship status - undetermined. Perhaps it was arrogance, but he hadn't even considered the possibility of Justin being in a relationship. That was a minor obstacle if it turned out to be the case. There wasn't a man he couldn't seduce into succumbing to him. And if he had read Justin Taylor correctly - the boy would be more than receptive to his ‘specific' desires. It was only a matter of making Justin realize it was what he wanted more than anything else. There wasn't a doubt in his mind of convincing Justin to do exactly that.

 


 

Justin stepped out of his bedroom, duffel bag in hand, his eyes instantly falling on Daphne pacing nervously back and forth. Apparently, she was feeling much better; however, it was just as clear that she had something on her mind. "Is there a problem, Daph?"

 

Daphne looked at her friend quizzically for a long moment. "Uhhh, not a problem. Well... not exactly. I'm just a bit confused, and perhaps even worried."

 

Shaking his head in his own confusion, Justin asked, "Worried about what?"

 

"Well... that interview, Justin. You have to admit it got out of hand." She looked at her friend in wide-eyed amazement. "I can't believe you got him to open up as he did. He never talks to the press. I got so many strange vibes from what I listened to... I can't even explain it."

 

Justin snorted. She should have heard what was said when the recorder was paused or turned off at the end. If she had - she would be in an all-out panic right now. "Brian Kinney is a very intense man. I wouldn't read too much into what he said, Daph. I think how he acted was just his way."

 

Daphne arched a disbelieving brow. "Maybe so... but the sexual undercurrents between the two of you were palpable. And you sounded so nervous with him."

 

"He is intimidating. I won't even try to deny that." A nervous laugh resulted as he thought back to the interview. "I felt like a scared little kid when I walked into his office. His private office itself is larger than our apartment. It's ridiculously overwhelming. I couldn't help finding him fascinating... and maybe there was sexual tension. Brian Kinney is the hottest man I've ever set eyes on. Only a fool would fail to recognize that."

 

Watching as Justin picked up his duffel, her eyes followed him with concern. "Just be careful, Justin."

 

Justin laughed. "Don't worry about it, Daph. Look at his world... and then, look at mine. It's doubtful our paths will ever cross again." Stepping through the door, he didn't even look back at Daphne. She knew him so well. The beautiful and arrogant Mr. Kinney had been more than clear about his desire. It was only a matter of time until they met again.

 


 

Brian stared at the nightclub that was located in a part of town he hadn't visited much since his younger, 'coming out' days. He shook his head that he was now returning to roots that he had severed many years ago. It was now a certainty that his desire for the young blond was powerful. He would have never thought to find himself in this locale again. Looking around at the flamboyant ‘queens' coming and going, his eyes strayed to the other clubs nearby. He supposed Babylon wasn't as abhorrent as the rest. He looked to his left when a long-suffering sigh escaped the lips of his often stoic bodyguard.

 

"Are we really going inside, Sir?" Ben asked his employer... and during off-duty hours, his best friend in the world.

 

His lips compressing into a thin, disapproving line, Brian reminded him, "We are not at Kinney Enterprises. You are not one of my subs... nor are we at an official function. Please refrain from the ‘Sir'. It isn't required here."

 

"Hmmm, well, I do appear to still be on duty, though." Ben scratched his chin thoughtfully. "I do believe you said, ‘Mr. Bruckner, cancel any plans you might have for the evening... We are going to Babylon.' I can't tell you how much my husband loved that..."

 

Brian chuckled. "I'm sure that only endeared me to your precious Michael even more."

 

"He wasn't happy, but it worked out. He's spending the evening with his mother." In an afterthought, Ben added, "Don't forget, Michael doesn't know or understand you like I do." There was no need to mention the fact that he never divulged anything personal about Brian to his husband. He didn't feel it to be Michael's concern... and not his story to tell. All he would say was that Brian hadn't had the best start in life. And with that, the matter was always closed.

 

"How nice he had a backup plan." Brian rolled his eyes. He had never cared for Michael Novotny, but he made Ben happy. At the end of the day, that was all he really cared about. "Shall we go inside?"

 

Ben shuddered. "It's been years since I've been in there. Exactly why are we here?"

 

Brian's eyes glittered. "There's something I want in there." He didn't add that he hoped to watch Justin undetected in there and to blend in with the rest of the crowd. That was - until he decided it was time to make his presence known to the blond. His biggest concern in that was that he wouldn't be able to control his temper should Justin be blatantly touched.

 

"I see," Ben answered, although he didn't at all. Where had Brian met someone that frequented Babylon? He was with him almost constantly. He hadn't noticed anyone different. It was his job to observe anyone that could pose a threat to his employer. That he hadn't noticed anyone, concerned him immensely. "So... are we going to pick this man up and go?"

 

"Probably not." Brian reached for the door handle, turning to pierce Ben with a sharp gaze. "I want to watch him. I need to understand everything about him before I proceed."

 

Then, Ben completely understood. Brian had finally found the man he wanted to claim as his. He was more than familiar with Brian's lifestyle. It wasn't one that he would ever choose for himself, but he knew it was a life that completed Brian. "Does this man have any clue at all?"

 

"I've only met him once. I wasn't very secretive about my desires... but I didn't touch him. I think he might have a clue... however, I doubt he'll see any of this coming."

 

Only met him once? Wow, he thought to himself. This was extraordinary. "Okay then... this should be fun." Ben reached for his door handle. As he walked alongside Brian, he kept his eyes open and alert on everything... and everyone. Although he doubted Brian would be recognized as the billionaire owner of Kinney Enterprises, he took Brian's safety with the utmost seriousness during and after business hours.

 

As they stood in line to gain entrance, just like every other gay male or female with the same desire, Brian found his eyes idly looking around, finding himself glad his delicious prey wouldn't be part of this line. Surprise played to his advantage here tonight... and he fully intended on capitalizing on that.

 

He would absorb this part of Justin's life, in the process, learning more about him. Even though he believed Justin wasn't happy with this job, he had the feeling he would view a portion of the blond's sensuality in his dance. Justin would someday learn that to be a minor dose of erotica in comparison to what he would soon introduce him to in his world.

 

Before submission could commence, knowledge and trust had to be established. Knowing his desire for the tempting blond, Brian knew his control as a dominant would be tested before they found the right balance. It all started tonight.

 

TBC