- Text Size +

 

Brian took the stairs up to the catwalk, deciding a higher vantage point would not only enable him to see everything more clearly, but keep him obscure as well. Anonymity was what he wanted now... and what he found to be most to his advantage. He wanted to observe Justin closely. There had never been a man he had been more intent on analyzing. He would read him as he did everyone else. Nothing would be secret from him. When he had learned all he needed to know... then, his pursuit could begin.

 

His eyes narrowing on the nearly naked men dancing on the bar, Brian's eyes homed in on his much-desired prey. His mouth watered as his eyes feasted on the thong that barely covered Justin... to his surprise a much more endowed package barely being concealed. Fuck. He wanted that boy - here and now.

 

Of course, he wouldn't take him now; it probably wouldn't even be tonight. He was a man of supreme control. Nothing or no one ever superseded his will. He would have Justin Taylor... but he would have him on his terms. The blond would be eating out of his hand before long. He hoped his victory wasn't immediate, or too easy. Despite the boy's unease in his office, he had glimpsed a fire in those beautiful blue eyes. He wanted to unleash that fire... only to bring it under his control - exclusively.

 

He would own Justin - mind, body, and soul. And the blond would love every scorching minute of it.

 

Watching as Justin gyrated on the surface of the bar, his eyes narrowed in what he clearly recognized as jealousy when men began slipping money in the band of his thong. He gritted his teeth as he could see how they used the opportunity to grope at him; his hands began to clench on the high railing, enforcing his control now was his primary objective.

 

"Uhhh, I got you a beer, Brian. I figured you'd prefer the bottled version instead of their tap." Ben frowned as he viewed the concentrated look on Brian's face... the intensity of it so strong he couldn't even look away from it to see the object of Brian's burning, watchful gaze. Brian didn't even blink as he spoke the words, his face becoming a blank, unreadable mask.

 

No, that wasn't quite accurate either, he silently amended to himself. Brian's hands clenched and unclenched on the railing as if he did so to restrain himself from lashing out at someone... or was it something else entirely? As he forced himself to turn his head to follow the line of Brian's vision, he immediately found the object of Brian's desire. Several men were dancing on the brightly lit bar, but none compared to the blond. He was a genuine beauty. There was an ethereal quality about the young man. Looking back toward Brian, he could see the rage, mixed with desire on Brian's face. He was flushed, his eyes slitting as he watched the blond finishing his performance, the lust on full display for anyone to see.

 

"Uhhh, Brian?" Ben repeated, uncertain if he should continue to push for his attention... but unable to shake the feeling that Brian needed to snap out of the daze the young blond seemed to put him in. When Brian looked at him in surprise, Ben extended the bottle to him. "Your beer..."

 

Brian looked at it, only glancing down at the label briefly. "Thanks, Ben. I didn't hear you speaking."

 

"I'd noticed..." Ben laughed. "I guess I see the identity of the man that lured you into this fine establishment."

 

Idly he looked around, tipping the bottle upwards to take a long swallow. "I suppose the place, and the ambiance isn't so bad. It's the clientele that could stand to be improved upon."

 

"Spoken from a man of refined tastes..." Ben took a drink from his own beer, his lips quirking as he watched the blond jump down from the bar, and back behind a stage, presumed to either get dressed or wait for his next set. Smiling as Brian's scowl of irritation only deepened, Ben asked him, "Are you planning on making yourself known to the young man? There's no way of knowing for sure if he will perform again tonight."

 

Brian looked at his employee and friend incredulously. "You are joking... right? What club owner in their right mind would not utilize his talents to the fullest? The boy is a walking wet dream to any gay man; a body that screams sensuality." His eyes remained focused on the bar below him... his attention on the reappearance of the man he vowed to own... and soon. Justin wouldn't be performing his little bar dances much longer. He had no tolerance for it. He should be the only one touching that perfect body. The day would come when that would be his right exclusively. He only hoped he could adhere to his rules and not touch him before he had Justin's full and unconditional surrender.

 

"Perhaps his employer sees him as just another hot body. One replaced just as well by another..."

 

"He'd be a fool. The boy has all the right moves... but he clearly doesn't belong in this group. Did you see how he cringed each time he was touched? He is merely going through the motions." He looked at Ben briefly, before taking a few more slow sips and setting his bottle down on a nearby ledge. "I can guarantee he won't be here much longer."

 

Ben frowned, unable to fathom Brian making such an instant decision. "You said you only met him one time? How can you be sure about him... that he can be trusted? I know it's not my place to say, but I can't help questioning your judgment in this..."

 

Brian turned his attention from the bar, his eyes widening in disbelief on his best friend... and more importantly, his employee. "Since when do I pay you to question my decisions? Let me think..." Brian mockingly scratched his head, as if in deep thought. "Oh, I know. Never! Your job here tonight is quite simple, Ben. You are to assist me in blending in... and you are to be watching my back. The therapy session is NOT required!"

 

Ben looked away from Brian's intense gaze. He refused to be intimidated by him - at least, here and now. He was probably the only man that could shake off the domineering presence of Brian Kinney. The reason for that was simple - he knew him better than anyone. He had been an eyewitness to the condition Brian had been in before his adoption. Immediately, he felt compelled to take him under his wing. In the end, once Brian had grown and come into his own, the reverse had been true. Still... it didn't matter how much Brian barked at him; in the back of his mind, he could still see that vulnerable boy he used to be... once upon a time.

 

"I get that, Brian. I'm not attacking you." Ben snorted sardonically. "Hell, who would even attempt that!? I'm just trying to watch out for you. I don't only do that as your friend, but it is the primary function of my job."

 

Brian's eyes moved back to the lower level, his eyes narrowing on the sight of his blond prey exiting from behind the stage, fully clothed and walking with another blond. From his vantage point, the man appeared to be speaking to Justin, with his blond barely paying attention. Who was this man? That was something he needed to determine before he moved too much further ahead. "I'm going down to the bar. You can stay or leave... your choice entirely."

 

"Leave you here? Are you fucking kidding me, Brian?" Ben asked in exasperation. What had come over Brian? His behavior made no sense at all. The Brian of old may have lingered in this establishment unencumbered... but the Brian Kinney of today needed to be watchful of his surroundings at all times. Not only was he the owner of Kinney Enterprises... but he was also one of the richest men in the country - if not the world. Lapses in his safety could never be taken. "You just do what you need to do. I'll be here to drive you home when you're finished."

 

Shrugging as if totally unconcerned, Brian looked over his shoulder as he headed toward the stairs. "Later..." he drawled, at this moment uncaring one way or the other if his guard dog remained.

 

Ben shook his head as he watched Brian making his way down the stairs, unable to believe how at ease Brian seemed to be. Granted, most of the men present were here just looking for a good time... but there was always the chance of that one whack job either recognizing Brian or just sensing how rich the always-sharp-dressed man appeared to be. It didn't matter what Brian wore. In the case of Brian Kinney - the clothes did not make the man. This man himself made the man. He exuded self-confidence and control in all things. Even a fool could see that.

 


 

Moving in closer to his most appealing dancer, Brandon was all smiles when he asked Justin, "Let me buy you a drink..."

 

Justin arched a brow, his suspicions immediately rising. "A drink? What's the occasion?"

 

Brandon pretended to look offended, yet a smile still twitching at his lips. "Are you implying that I am less than the most magnanimous boss ever?"

 

"Conceited too..." Justin replied drolly. "I suppose I could have just one."

 

"Two bottles of Bud..." Brandon told the bartender, his eyes moving around the still full room, aware of how many eyes still lingered on Justin. Despite him being back in his regular clothing, he was still a known quantity at Babylon on the weekends. There wasn't a doubt in his mind - Justin Taylor was very good for business.

 

Once the two bottles of beer were delivered, Brandon handed one to Justin, before tapping the necks together briefly, needlessly toasting, "To another stellar performance."

 

Justin snorted. "That's so difficult with the horniest queers in Pittsburgh as an audience."

 

Brandon smirked. "I like you, Justin. You're a straight shooter - pardon the terrible pun..."

 

Nearly choking on his beer, Justin couldn't help laughing in return. "I'll forgive you... I guess."

 

"Thanks." Brandon tipped the bottle of beer upward, his eyes moving around the bar, a frown on his face when he made eye contact with a tall brunet. He wasn't certain what it was about the man that so pulled his focus. The man was hot; for once, the men seated around the bar weren't following either him or Justin with lust-glazed eyes. That fact irked him a slight bit. He did enjoy being the center of attention. There wasn't a gay man that stepped into Babylon that wasn't his for the taking - that was... if he decided he wanted them.

 

Brandon pulled his gaze free and looked over at Justin. He decided he needed to amend that thought. There was one man he had wanted and hadn't been able to lure into his bed or onto his knees. That man was Justin. There wasn't a doubt he would love to have him in both places. He looked back at the man that he had never seen before this moment, watching as the man deliberately shifted his eyes from him to Justin - lust and something else that he couldn't identify blazing deep with the scorching depths.

 

"Uh, Brandon? You okay?" Justin asked, both eyebrows raising as Brandon continued to be distracted.

 

Shaking his head, Brandon looked at Justin. "Huh?"

 

"Well... you zoned out. Is everything okay?" Justin asked, not forgetting that Brandon still hadn't told him why he had invited him for a drink.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine," Brandon told him, uncertain if he spoke the truth when he viewed the obvious jealousy in the stranger's eyes. He knew he had to warn Justin. This man was big-time - there was no denying that. "Don't look now, but it appears you made a new conquest tonight."

 

Justin groaned. "Ugh. Not another freak!"

 

"Freak? Oh no, He's anything but that." Brandon glanced briefly at the other man, trying not to be obvious in his curiosity, sensing that his discretion didn't matter. The brunet seemed to be intensely aware of his surroundings. In fact, highly intuitive. He didn't know who he was, but he did know one thing for certain - this man exuded self-confidence, and he was intent on Justin. Perhaps now wasn't the time to ask Justin if he wanted to pick up some extra shifts. It might be in Justin's best interest to get the hell out of here - now.

 

Something about how Brandon said that and continued to look down the bar alarmed him. He swallowed anxiously, wondering if his admirer could be the man he thought it could be. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Brian Kinney had been interested in him... and on a level that he didn't quite understand. He had also felt that the older man would be coming after him at some point... but had it been so soon? He was afraid to turn around and look. What if it was the man himself? What would he do next?

 

"Is he brunet? Amazingly hot?" Justin asked, barely restraining the urge to turn around and look.

 

"Yes... and fuck yeah." Grimly, he realized this man might be the final brick wall that erected to stop him from ever getting anywhere with his young, hot employee. He continuously flirted with Justin, never exerting himself fully. He always knew when a man was susceptible to seduction. Justin found him attractive. Occasionally, Justin even flirted back; however, it always ended with that. For months now he had been playing a waiting game. His chance might be over now. "The mystery is nearly over. He's heading this way now."

 

Justin gasped, his heart beating faster in his chest. He wasn't ready for this confrontation yet. If there was one thing he knew for sure, he knew he needed to have his senses about him when he met Brian Kinney again. He placed his hand over Brandon's arm, urging him to look at him, and not the man he instinctively knew to be coming for him. "Brandon, I don't have time to explain... but I need a favor. It's huge. I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend. Just for tonight. P-please..."

 

TBC