- Text Size +

 

Brian's eyes were cold as he motioned Ben forward, a look in them that his oldest friend and the most trusted employee had never been on the receiving end of. Over the years there had been many disagreements, but his rage had never been as consuming as it was now. It had been four days since he had introduced Justin to his playroom. The following morning he had to leave due to urgent business matters. He hadn't seen Justin since that night. It was a lacking he intended on rectifying soon.

 

Once Ben was standing across from his desk, Brian barked out his command. "Sit down."

 

His eyes widening in surprise, Ben took a seat with more than a small amount of trepidation. Brian had never spoken to him in that way. Although, it wasn't an unfamiliar sound to him. After being in Brian's employ for many years, he had often heard it extended to others... and even in that context, he had always found it disturbing. Now that it appeared to be directed solely at him, he couldn't help feeling both awkward and unnerved. "Brian? What's wrong? Did something happen on your trip?"

 

"What an insight..." Brian snapped. "I was called away to an emergency none of my regional directors could handle. Obviously, things happened that required my intervention." He frowned at how Ben appeared to be totally oblivious to the true source of his anger. Then, he thought better of it. Michael probably hadn't discussed his encounter with Justin with his husband. Why would he, though? Men like Michael were so self-absorbed they didn't perceive how their actions affected others. Should the mindless prick interfere in his personal business any further, Michael would learn a painful lesson that various others had - making an enemy of Brian Kinney was the worst thing he could ever do...

 

Shaking his head, filled with confusion, Ben prodded, "Everything is resolved... right?"

 

"With my personal attention... yes, all was resolved. That's not why I called you here, though." Brian inhaled deeply, before exhaling very slowly. This was a question he had never thought to ask Ben. The long years of friendship they had enjoyed made it even harder. "Tell me, Ben. What exactly does a non-disclosure agreement cover? I am curious to see if you understand the basic function of it."

 

Ben frowned, his eyelids blinking slowly as his befuddlement only deepened. "I understand it perfectly, Brian. It is an agreement between parties that everything remains confidential. Why are you asking me this? What do you think I have done?"

 

"Think!?" Brian asked in a low growl. "I don't think it - I know it! I just can't fathom how you would betray my trust to that snake of a man you refer to as a husband. We've known each other for most of our lives. Is my private life such a joke to you that you feel free to banter it over drinks with your chosen mate?"

 

"Brian, I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't told Michael anything about your private life. I assume you refer to your relationship with Justin." When Brian nodded in annoyance, Ben added, "I can't say that Michael couldn't have overheard us talking... if I was at home. I've never been aware of him eavesdropping... but accidents do happen. If it has, I am very sorry."

 

The coldness remained in Brian's eyes, although deep down he had believed something like this had to be the answer. A betrayal from Ben of all people was incomprehensible to him. They had been through too much. However, that was before Michael entered Ben's life. They hadn't remained as close after that horrible day. It wasn't that he had wanted to keep his friend to himself. He wanted him to find happiness. Michael Novotny, though, was not good enough for Ben. His actions and continued disrespectful tongue only attested to that. "That is a relief, Ben. I don't speak as your employer when I say how much such an action would unsettle me."

 

"What did Michael do that brought this to your attention?" Ben wasn't certain he wanted to hear the answer... yet knew he had to know. Also, with Brian bringing the subject up, there wasn't a doubt that he wanted to fully address the matter.

 

"I don't have all of the details. This was something that would have been discussed more intensely with Justin had I not been called away on business. I just have some basic details at this point." Brian remembered back to his brief conversation with Justin after they had moved to his bedroom following their first encounter in his playroom. They had spoken very briefly before Justin had fallen asleep. "It appears that your husband deliberately approached Justin at the diner where he was working, making extremely insinuating and insulting remarks to him."

 

Ben flushed angrily, uncertain if he was more embarrassed by Michael's actions... or filled with rage. Perhaps it was an equal balance of both. "I'm so sorry, Brian. I don't know what to say. We both know that Michael doesn't approve of your lifestyle, but to seek out a man he didn't even know to cause discord between the two of you... well, that is unacceptable."

 

"We agree on that." Brian leaned forward in his chair, his eyes piercing Ben intently. He could see that Ben shifted nervously in his seat, and he thought he detected anger and embarrassment - both of which he was certain to be directed at his husband. However, that would not lessen his own intensity. He was not a compassionate man. In regard to Michael, he undoubtedly had none.

 

"I will issue just one warning... and one alone. I expect for you to make sure that your husband understands it." Brian made certain he had Ben's full attention before he told him, "If your husband ever interferes in my private life again, there will be consequences that neither of you wants to face. You know who I am, Ben, and how I deal with those that betray me. I will savage his life." As Ben flinched in reaction, Brian hissed, "You know I am more than capable of following through in that."

 

Ben nodded jerkily. He knew not even the bonds of friendship would lighten the situation. He could only imagine the discouraging remarks Michael had made to Justin. Also, he knew Michael's motive hadn't been to hurt Justin, the man he didn't even know, but more to enrage Brian. Michael had to know that Brian would find out. He wondered if that had been his plan all along. Sighing deeply, Ben gave the only answer he could. "I'll speak with Michael, and make sure this never happens again. In addition, I will make certain I have complete privacy when I am speaking to you away from the office."

 

"That should have already been the case..." Brian replied curtly. Not flinching from Ben's answering hurt expression, yet still finding himself a bit remorseful for his cutting tongue, Brian slightly amended, "I'm not really blaming you, Ben. Perhaps at first before I had the answers... but I think we both know that Michael would have capitalized on the opportunity of listening to a private conversation you were having with me. Despite how you feel about him, I know you are an astute man. You know he looks for any opening to harass me."

 

"I wish I could argue that." Ben released a long sigh. "I wish I knew why Michael hates you so much. Perhaps it's the envy for all that you have. I can't believe him to be so close-minded about your involvement in the lifestyle. I just don't know... but I do promise you that it will be addressed. Tell Justin it won't happen again."

 

Brian smiled at that. Justin. He hadn't seen him for over four days now. The entirety of their communication had been over the phone and short calls at that. His business had taken every moment of his time. Getting his hands on his hot little submissive was high on his list of things to do. "No, it won't. I took care of that problem."

 

Feeling that he and Brian were fine once more, Ben smirked at his dearest friend and boss. "Dare I ask what that means?"

 

About to answer Ben's inquisitive question, both of their eyes swung to the loud entrance coming through his soundproof room. Brian arched a brow in surprise and displeasure as Justin burst into his office, his personal assistant chasing behind him, her hands flailing about wildly. His nostrils flaring at the impropriety of Justin's behavior, warring with the lust raging in him at his first glimpse of his blond in four long days, Brian quietly growled, "You had better have a damned good reason for this interruption."

 

"Mr. Kinney, I'm so sorry. I tried to stop him. Truly I did. He wouldn't listen..."

 

Brian's eyes were nearly black as they bored into Justin's angry blue orbs. After his forced separation from his new and untrained submissive, this wasn't the meeting he had envisioned. "That will be all, Ms. Swinton." Not taking his eyes from the fiery blond that was undoubtedly soon to be thrown across his knee, Brian told Ben, "We're finished here, Ben."

 

Ben stood to his feet, his eyes connecting with Brian's personal assistant... each of them knowing a silent departure was in both of their best interests. In hurried steps, they reached the door that was much farther than they would have liked. Both men remained silent until the moment they each heard the sound of the door clicking closed.

 

"Who the fuck do you think you are!" Justin raged once they were alone, barely able to refrain from doing so while others had been present in the room. "I was supposed to have two weeks. You can't just reorder my life to your specifications..."

 

Brian grasped the armrests on his chair, barely keeping his control in check. Who the fuck did he think he was? That was laughable at best. He owned this hot little fireball. It was time the boy understood exactly what that meant. He had thought they had already established that. However, that was apparently not the case. "Sit down!" he hissed, his hands only tightening more on his chair as the blond malevolently towered over him from the other side of his desk. At this point, he could only see endings of discipline for his hot-headed submissive. The extent of that punishment is still being decided.

 

"I'd prefer to stand, thank you." Justin crossed his arms over his chest, determined to give as good as he got. He might have agreed to be Brian's submissive, and perhaps he didn't fully comprehend what that all entailed, but he didn't intend on having every aspect of his life controlled. "Oh, I see." Justin met Brian's glowering expression. "My refusal doesn't please you..."

 

"That's not the only thing that presently displeases me!" Brian snapped. His eyes narrowing into tiny slits, Brian's tone lowered, a sign that he was on the verge of losing complete control. "I will say it just one more time. Sit down..."

 

At the moment, not feeling the least bit submissive to Brian's Dominant, Justin continued to remain stubbornly unresponsive to his master's demands. "I am not here to be in any way pleasing to you."

 

"You are more than succeeding in that unwise goal!" Brian growled. Brian took in a deep breath, one hand lifting from the chair so his fingers could rub at his suddenly aching temple. "Justin, if you want me to talk to you rationally, you will show me the respect I am due and have a seat. It's not that difficult of a request... is it?"

 

Justin flopped down in the chair, ungraceful and uncaring of the expensive office furniture. He was livid with the domineering man... yet he wasn't going to continue arguing over such a minor point when they had a much larger one to dispute. The glare still on his face, Justin spat out, "You have to admit that you went too far."

 

"I do what is necessary to protect what is mine!" Brian's eyes flared as he warred with the desire to take his submissive... and the need to discipline him. "Certainly, you are not about to challenge that..."

 

Anger continued to burn within him, Justin wasn't totally without common sense. He hadn't doubted that Brian would force the issue in time... but he hadn't expected it to be done in quite this way. "Of course I'm not challenging that. It's just that your methods are extreme. I'm not used to my life being managed." When he looked up to see a frown deepening Brian's face, he explained, "Please understand me, Brian. I don't regret signing that contract. I just need time to really grasp what it all means... not to mention the changes it's brought to my life."

 

"I am not blind to that, Justin. In fact, your lack of knowledge of the lifestyle is the only thing that has saved you from extreme and immediate punishment." Brian fixed a stern, unyielding stare on the younger man. "However, that isn't to say that there won't be punishment..."

 

Justin's stomach slightly fluttered. He would have been surprised if the punishment wasn't forthcoming, regardless if he thought he wasn't completely in the wrong. The fact of the matter was simple. How he had barged into Brian's office unannounced and uninvited was inappropriate... no matter how much provocation had been present. "I accept that I handled my arrival here in the wrong way. You are a very busy and important man. I shouldn't have disrupted your workday."

 

"No, you shouldn't have..." Brian agreed curtly. "That is something you cannot make a habit of doing. To a certain degree, I understand your haste, largely due to your inexperience; however, that doesn't make rudeness and disrespect acceptable."

 

"I understand that. Although, you need to think about how I felt when I received a phone call from my employer regarding how saddened and disappointed she was that I had decided to leave my job without any notice given."

 

Brian inclined his head. "I should have notified you. With my urgent business out of town, and only returning today, I just didn't have the time. It's not like we hadn't already discussed you leaving both of your positions. The club I didn't handle yet since you still have a few days before your next scheduled shift. That needs to be done, though. The sooner the better."

 

"I was more than prepared to leave those jobs in the two-week time allotment we had previously discussed. That time frame would have given me time to adjust, not to mention give my roommate time to prepare for losing my share of the rent." Justin paused, uncertain how hard to push his case. In the aftermath, he really could see how wrong he had been in his abrupt entrance. He still felt justified in his anger... but he should have waited to express it. "I guess what perturbed me the most is how you handled it on your own without any regard to how I would feel about it."

 

"Justin, I would suggest you review the contract again. As your Dominant, I am within my rights to take any measures that assure your well-being... and that leads us to a place that is pleasing to me. Having you away from the diner satisfies both of those needs. Your encounter with Michael Novotny is not to be repeated. He is venomous and will only cause you confusion and pain. It is my responsibility as your Dominant to protect you from a repetition of such an incident."

 

"So I'm assuming a call to Brandon will be next!?" Justin snapped, not even softening his tone when the immediate anger returned to the hazel eyes.

 

Brian's hands flexed over the arms of his chair. He was poised to leap from his seat and pull the obstinate blond over his knees and give him a spanking he would never forget. "For the last time, I will caution you about your words and tone. I will not be the recipient of such disrespect - especially from my own submissive. As to your question... no, I don't intend on calling your other employer. Now that I have returned, I expect you to conduct yourself in a manner that is pleasing to me. You know what you need to do."

 

"Uh, no. I know what you need me to do. It isn't the same." Justin stood to his feet, innately feeling that a swift getaway might be in order. "I will leave those positions... but I will do it in the time I originally agreed upon. I called Debbie and told her that I am giving her a two-week notice. That is the proper thing to do... and I think you know that."

 

A muscle ticked in Brian's jaw. He didn't like his decisions being usurped. His submissive had so much to learn. Right now, he wasn't going to argue the point. As it was, he was still in the middle of his business day. His next encounter with his rebellious boy was going to be extremely intense. It wasn't for the confines of his office - soundproof or not. "And regarding your other job?"

 

"I called Brandon before I came here and informed him this next Friday night would be my final set. He tried to talk me into sticking to my schedule and giving him Saturday as well. However, in deference to you, I declined and only agreed to Friday. I realize that is not what you want to hear... but I hope you can see that I am trying. In these early days, I think a bit of compromise is needed."

 

Unable to resist further, Brian released the tight grip he held on his chair, standing, and pushing the chair back in one motion. He moved from behind his desk, his footsteps taking him to his determined and far too outspoken submissive. His eyes roved over the beautiful blond boy, at the moment lust overriding his need to punish. Reaching out, he roughly rubbed his thumb over Justin's lower lip, a predatory smile curving his own lips. "I don't know what it is about you... but your defiance is such a fucking turn-on. It just makes me want to enclose us in my playroom, and take you over and over again. Perhaps that is what I will do - tonight."

 

Justin swallowed, barely able to breathe. He had intended on making his escape before Brian moved to touch him. He couldn't think when they got this close. And he needed to think. As much as he wanted all that Brian had to offer him in this new world, he also wanted to explore it gradually. He wasn't afraid of any of it... really, it was just the opposite. He wanted to savor each experience, soaking up every bit of knowledge that came his way. Rushing wouldn't give him that. "Okay..." Justin gulped. He was supposed to be angry, and demanding more of a compromise... but he was hopelessly lost in the heat and possession of Brian's eyes. The man was far too alluring and infinitely irresistible. There would be no going back... no matter what.

 

His head swooping down, Brian smashed his lips against Justin's, his hands reaching out to clasp his hips and yank him tightly against him. His mouth ardently devoured the luscious lips that were meant for him - and only him. This fiery bundle of perfection had so much to learn about him and his world. The events of this day would evoke consequences. He hoped Justin would learn from each such encounter. His tongue speared into Justin's mouth, his cock poking through his pants hungry to get to the sweet warmth that he had yearned for every lucid moment in the past four days.

 

"Tonight there will be no holding back, Justin. We have much to discuss yet... and understandings to reach. Once that is done, there will be discipline. That is only the beginning, though. In the end, I will be on you - all night long."

 

TBC