- Text Size +

 

Brian glared contemptuously at the man that had just been announced, a man that didn't have an appointment... but one that had inserted himself into his very busy workday. He wasn't certain why he agreed to see this man that was nothing but a major annoyance to him. Knowing Michael as he did, he was certain he would make a scene until he had been heard. For a moment he had considered having security throw him out... but that would get Ben involved, and his hatred of Michael had already caused enough distress for his employee and best friend. He would briefly hear his current rant.

 

"Don't bother taking a seat, Novotny. You won't be here for long..." Brian snapped, his hand idly pushing away the stack of files on his desk.

 

"A pleasure to see you too, Brian..." Michael drawled insinuatingly, in the back of his mind wondering at the soundness of his decision to come here and drop this little bombshell in the hot-headed Mr. Kinney's lap. This could backfire with major consequences... should Brian take this before Ben. He had barely pacified Ben the last time he had meddled in Brian's personal life; he wasn't sure he would be forgiven a second transgression.

 

"Just get to the point without all the pointless chatter. I am a very busy man..." Brian snapped, uncertain of why he was allowing this little worm the opportunity to upset the last part of his workday.

 

Michael sneered. "You are just so sanctimonious it sickens me!"

 

Brian felt the rage tightening inside of him. "You come here... to my office, and you dare to call me sanctimonious!? What do you want, Michael? Speak quickly or I will have you tossed out on your worthless, pathetic ass!"

 

"God... how I wish I had never met you." Michael's voice was contemptuous, instantly he decided that he would be making Brian aware of his part in the publicity of Justin's final Babylon performance. At the moment he didn't give a damn what the consequences could be. All that mattered was making the all too superior Mr. Kinney take notice, and know who was bringing about his suffering. He threw the entertainment section of today's paper onto Brian's desk, his insides dancing with glee at what he knew would be devastating and abhorrent news to the possessive prick.

 

Brian opened the paper, a muscle jerking in his cheek as he read the caption, and his eyes took in the image of a younger Justin, so fucking hot and tempting, grinding against a pole, a smile and flirtatious expression on his face. Had he been there at the time, he wasn't certain he could have refrained from fucking him right where he stood. His mind immediately went to his playroom. Perhaps he needed to install a pole exactly like this one. Once he got rid of Michael, he just might make a phone call to precisely do that.

 

Former King of Babylon, Justin Taylor, is giving his final performance tonight. Don't miss out on the chance to see this blond beauty up close and personal for the last time.

 

Michael snickered. "Although I don't see his appeal, I'm sure Babylon will be packed to capacity tonight. Every horny queer in the vicinity, and beyond vying to be the one to take Justin home on his last night. Poor Brian. I guess you'll have to share him tonight..."

 

Brian stood from behind his desk, his steps taking him around it in quick order. He smashed the newspaper in his hand, before pressing it savagely into Michael's chest. "Get the fuck out of my office... and take your trash with you!"

 

Eyes narrowing, Michael taunted him, "Awww, you didn't know, did you, Mr. Dominant? Such a bad boy, your little submissive. Perhaps you should look for someone else to slake your depraved lusts on?"

 

His nostrils flaring as anger began to consume him, both toward this meddling coward, and his submissive as well, Brian spat out, "Are you offering your services?"

 

Shaking his head, Michael glared at the man that was far too close for his comfort. "Nah. I've done that before; I won't repeat the offer."

 

"Is that what this is all about, Michael? You are trying to get back at me because I rebuffed you. That's been fucking years now!" Brian exploded, unable to fathom how Ben tolerated this conniving asshole, and unsure of how he would refrain from striking him.

 

Shoving away, Michael snarled, "You rate yourself too highly... as always. I just wish my husband could see you for the corrupt, immoral man you are!"

 

"Ben has known me for longer than he's been settling with you. I guarantee you won't hold him forever. Ben might think he loves you... but that will die out once he sees just how twisted you really are," Brian spat out. "I will repeat this for the last time - get the fuck out of my office!"

 

"I'm going. But I'll leave you with this. I didn't just bring you an article I found... I actually had the piece published. Not only is it in the newspaper, but it's in various online gay websites and posters all over town." Michael didn't back down, not even when he saw the murderous rage in Brian's eyes. "Tonight every fag at Babylon will try to score with him. Won't it be funny if he lets it happen?"

 

Brian's lips twisted into a semi-evil smile. Those that knew him in the business world, understood this meant he was about to go into shark mode. "I tried to accept you for Ben's sake. I didn't destroy you because of him on so many occasions." Brian moved to his desk to summon Ben into his office with one push of a button. One way or another, this all ended today. "It's over now. Seeing you lose everything will amuse me."

 

Michael snorted. "You might be able to ruin my business... but Ben will never leave me. He loves me!"

 

"Yes Michael, I will give you that. Ben does love you; however, I know he is at the end of his patience with you. We'll see how he responds to your latest act of sabotage..."

 

"No! You can't tell him I did this, Brian. Please! You can't. It was just supposed to be between the two of u-us!" Michael rushed on nervously, his back tensing when he heard the office door opening and closing with an almost deafening click.

 

Ben rushed forward, his eyes only on his boss. "Brian? Is something wrong? You never use the alert button."

 

Brian gestured in Michael's direction, his eyes cold and unforgiving. "We need to resolve this once and for all. You need to make a choice. It is no longer negotiable."

 

"What have you done this time, Michael?" Ben demanded, in a tone of long-suffering exasperation.

 

"Why do you always assume everything is my fault? Your hero is fucking flawed... and you know that. Why can't it ever be his doing?" Michael exploded, his eyes shooting daggers of hate at Brian.

 

"The simple fact that you are standing here in Brian's office leads me to think this could be of your doing." Ben shook his head, before looking at Brian. "What's going on, Brian?"

 

"Show your husband the newspaper." Brian's gaze became even colder as Michael remained unresponsive. "Go on, Michael. You couldn't wait to share it with me..."

 

Ben looked to Michael for answers. "Well? What is Brian talking about?"

 

Seeing that Michael was unwilling to comply, Brian moved closer, snatching the newspaper that Michael held clutched to his chest. He handed it to Ben, his voice cutting when he explained, "The article isn't the worst of it, Ben. Your husband has been boasting that he planted the advertisement, along with posters, and online articles all on his own."

 

Paling significantly, Ben croaked, "M-Michael? Tell me it isn't true. T-that it's some kind of misunderstanding..."

 

"He can't tell you that... because it's not true..." Brian snapped.

 

"M-Michael?" Ben asked again, his eyes filled with the pain of betrayal, his heart clenching as he realized Michael cared far more about his vendetta against Brian than he did of preserving their marriage. "I told you the last time of the consequences should you continue to meddle in Brian's life. Did that mean nothing to you?"

 

"Of course it did. Ben. I love you." His eyes began to shine with unshed tears. "You have to know that!"

 

Brian pinched the bridge of his nose, at this moment, wanting to be done with this - once and for all. "Ben, I can't do this any longer. Your husband is a major annoyance and disruption in my life - both on a personal and professional level. You need to make a choice. Either you finish with him, or I regretfully cannot have you in my employ going forward."

 

Ben gasped, surprised that Brian would take it so far... but with current events in mind, realizing Brian had very little choice. He shook his head in disbelief at the smug expression on Michael's face. Clearly, he thought he had won and that no consequences would be the result.

 

Brian avoided looking at Michael knowing his all too cocky attitude would make him think he had won. Perhaps he had... but he wouldn't give him the satisfaction of openly addressing it. "Take whatever time you need, Ben. I don't want this to be a hasty decision for you."

 

Tears slid down his cheeks as he looked from Brian's compassionate gaze on him, then to his confident husband. "I don't need time, Brian. I can give you an answer now." Ben kept his eyes on his husband as he spoke the shocking words. "You assume too much, Michael. I have warned you repeatedly about the consequences of these actions. I cannot spend my life with a man that is so obsessed with inflicting pain on others... especially someone that I care deeply for. You may stay in the guest room for now... but I suggest you make arrangements for another place, as soon as possible."

 

"I don't fucking believe this! You are tossing your husband aside and agreeing to this sick freak's demands! What the fuck is wrong with you, Ben?" Michael squealed in a high-pitched voice, uncaring if the walls were soundproof or not.

 

"Michael, you need professional help. I suggest you go find it." His eyes briefly met Brian's, amazed at the look of pity he could see in his friend's eyes. He felt fortunate that Brian was giving him another chance. Michael's abuse and interference in his life was truly unforgivable. "Now, please leave. You have done enough damage here..."

 

Looking incredulously at his husband, Michael viciously spat out, "I'm leaving. Good riddance to both of you." His eyes were filled with ice when he looked at Brian. "Enjoy your victory here. Tonight your boy toy could just be leaving on another man's arms. I think I'll make sure to be there to see it..."

 

Brian didn't respond to Michael's bitter farewell, his eyes filled with concern as he watched Ben slump down into the chair across from his desk. He took the chair next to him, his hand reaching out to brush his shoulder. "Ben... I'm sorry it came to this. I just didn't have any other alternative."

 

Ben shook his head. "I don't blame you, Brian. You're right. You had no choice. Michael made this decision easy for me. It's what I should have done the last time... but I listened to his pleas and promises to reform. I just don't get why he hates you so much..."

 

"Perhaps I can elaborate on that... now that it is over between the two of you." Brian smashed his lips together, rolling them slightly, uncertain if he wanted to tell Ben anything that would hurt him more, but feeling this was the time for full disclosure. Ben deserved to know everything. "On the eve of your wedding, Michael offered himself to me. I rebuffed his offer. His malicious behavior started immediately afterward, perhaps stemming from his embarrassment."

 

Ben gasped. "Why didn't you ever tell me?"

 

"You are my employee, but you are also my best friend. It was wrong to keep it from you... but I didn't want to hurt you. It only happened that one time, so I convinced myself it was over and forgotten. Now, I'm not so certain of that..."

 

"Fuck, Brian. He duped me from day one. I feel like such a fool." He looked at Brian, thankful for the understanding and compassion in his eyes. "I will never forgive him... but I don't want him destroyed, either. I know how you can be, Brian. Please don't destroy his business as well. It's a small one, and wouldn't take much to savage. I know you don't owe him any consideration... but I'm asking for myself. Leave him that much."

 

Brian sighed, his eyes rolling back in his head. Ruining that small comic book store would be so easy to do. "Fine, Ben. For you, I will back off on his total destruction."

 

"Thank you, Brian." He smiled weakly, trying to take his mind off of his own broken heart, and on what was undoubtedly troubling Brian. "So, I guess Babylon is on the venue for tonight..."

 

"Oh yes, Ben. Babylon is going to feel the presence of Brian Kinney tonight... but not as much as my foolish little sub will. This will be a night Justin will never forget..."

 

TBC