- Text Size +

 

Jennifer flushed, her eyes continuously pulling to the sight of the king at the far end of the table. The ruler was simply outrageous. She had never viewed such an inappropriate display over the course of an hour in her life. Glancing to her right where Justin sat finishing his dessert, she was astounded at how oblivious he seemed. "Justin?" she whispered.

 

Justin looked up from the creamy chocolate dessert cup he had selected, deciding after his short time at the king's palace, that the monarch had employed the most skilled chefs and bakers. His meals had been extraordinary thus far. He used to enjoy dining out when he went to school in Europe, he had even thought the food to be far superior to anything he had ever tasted. However, that was before now. When he heard his mother calling his name again, he finished every last bite before turning to her with a distracted response. "Huh? Did you say something?"

 

"Not really," Jennifer answered, a frown creasing her brows. "I just spoke your name several times. Are you okay, Justin? Has something changed between you and the king?"

 

He looked at his mother in surprise, before turning his head to the far left to see the king staring at him, the ruler not attempting to disguise the desire that burned in his eyes. Justin flushed as their gazes met and held. He wasn't sure if he felt more outraged... or hot. It was as if the king was possessing him from across the table, with nothing more than a scorching glance. He couldn't look away until the king pulled his gaze away, momentarily distracted by something Ben said to him. "I'm fine..." Justin bit out, unable to believe the king's audacity. He may as well have just posted a banner that declared his intent and possession of him. His constant attention to him at the table was blatant and bespoke of how this evening would progress. "The king is just being true to himself."

 

"It's scandalous, Justin!" Jennifer whispered. "I spoke to the king on your behalf earlier, imploring him to consider releasing you. I relayed to him my concerns, and that you would never view him in the manner he obviously sees you." Jennifer was shocked by the way Justin's head whipped around to look at her again, a momentary flash of anger in his eyes. "I know I shouldn't have said anything, Justin. I was just trying to help..."

 

"You did what?" Justin exploded. "This is unreal, Mother!"

 

Jennifer looked nervously around the table, her eyes briefly meeting the king's, immediately noticing how they had now turned from heated to glacial. She hurriedly glanced back at Justin, knowing this needed to be dispelled quickly. "Justin!" she hissed beneath her breath. "Keep your voice down. We are drawing the king's attention!"

 

"I don't give a fuck!" Justin snapped, pushing his plates away, thankful for the fact that he had at the very least, finished his dinner. "You had no right! I know what I'm doing."

 

Michael snickered from next to Ben. "The king's new pet doesn't seem to be enjoying his time with his mother. I wonder what they're saying..."

 

"It's not our business, Michael. That's for the king to determine..." Ben muttered, keeping his eyes off both his master and the young blond that provoked the monarch on every possible level.

 

"For his sake, I hope he gets his shit together before Lindsay arrives. She will be a total bitch to him..." Michael shuddered, just thinking of all the drama that would most likely unfold once the queen discovered Justin and his mother were true royal descendants.

 

"I hope so too, Michael." Ben shook his head, knowing every word Michael spoke to be true. Chaos was sure to erupt upon the queen's return. His job would be all the more difficult.

 

The king's face turned red as he looked around the table, in a single glance seeing all eyes focused on Justin, awaiting what the outspoken blond was about to say or do next. He would need to deal with his outbursts, but first, he would determine the cause of them. This would be a test for his rebellious slave, one that he hoped the young man would pass. "Justin?" the king called out. "Come here to me."

 

Emmett's eyes widened from where he sat next to the king. What was Brian thinking? This was a golden opportunity for Justin to rebel and make the ruler look both weak and stupid. Did he know something he didn't? There was no way Justin would obey him. At least, not the Justin he had come to know so far. Emmett's mouth dropped open in shock as he watched Justin stand to his feet, nodding briefly to his mother before tossing his cloth napkin on the table and moving toward the head of the table where the king sat waiting. What in the fuck was going on? He couldn't fathom it. This suddenly docile young man wasn't a man any of them recognized. At this point, he had to believe it was a trick, and that Justin would verbally lash out at their king. God help them all if that happened.

 

Stopping at the head of the table, his pose anything but subservient, Justin held a blank, almost bored look on his face, his compliance with the king's enforced will, only half-hearted at best. "You summoned me, Your Highness?"

 

And there was that maddening snarky tone. A muscle twitched in Brian's cheek. After the unpleasant news of Craig Taylor's escape, this wasn't the time to provoke him. The boy would be lucky if he wasn't turned over his knee tonight. A flicker of savage lights appeared in the ruler's eyes. Perhaps that was just what the blond needed. He would have no problem in making that a reality. "There seems to be some discord between you and Lady Jennifer. I want to know the cause of it."

 

Justin rolled his eyes, quickly glancing around the table, uncaring that all eyes were focused on him, in actuality... fixated on his every word and action. He briefly caught his mother's worried gaze, seeing in a look that she was begging him to be cautious in his actions; however, at the moment, uncertain if he even cared about pleasing her. When gasps resounded at the table following Justin's continued silence, Justin coldly responded, "Everything is fine. It was a mere disagreement and nothing that should be of concern to his majesty..."

 

Emmett looked back and forth between the two of them, his eyes widening on what he read in Brian's. This wasn't good. Justin wasn't outwardly rebelling against the king, but he was still being extremely difficult. Without saying so, Justin was defying the king. As much as he sympathized with the young man's plight, this wasn't the time or place to disrespect the king. Attempting to play devil's advocate, Emmett clapped his hands, before suggesting to the king - "Well, dinner is over. Shall I escort Justin back to the tower?"

 

The king turned to glare at his interfering friend. In this instance, he found his meddling all the more irritating. His tone cold, and filled with barely concealed mockery, he replied, "I will decide when dinner is over, as well as when and how my slave shall depart. Any questions about that!?"

 

Ben and Michael exchanged a wide-eyed glance. There wasn't a doubt in either of their minds that dinner was about to be officially declared as over, all of them hoping they wouldn't be having a private audience with the king.

 

Looking down the length of the table, where Tucker sat with his other guards, the king spat out, "Tucker, as soon as you are finished with dinner, you can escort Lady Jennifer back to the cottage. In addition, make certain all of the added security measures are in place. I will not accept any other failures, most especially not on my grounds!"

 

Nodding emphatically, Tucker cast a fervent look in Jennifer's direction, standing at once, and bowing to his king. "I am ready anytime Lady Jennifer is." He gave her a quick smile of intended reassurance, before returning his gaze to the attentive ruler. "I will guard the lady with my life, Your Highness.

 

The king inclined his head in Tucker's direction, never doubting Lady Jennifer's safety for an instant while in Tucker's care. Tucker was an excellent guard with incredible skill and even greater instincts. And if he wasn't mistaken, as he had observed before, the guard appeared to have a crush on Justin's mother. He wasn't sure how that would play out, or if Tucker would end up with a broken heart, but for now, he found it advantageous. His attentive guard would be even more focused on seeing to his duty.

 

Walking with Tucker to the end of the table, where the doors were located, and coincidentally or not, where the king sat, Jennifer gave a quick curtsy, before acknowledging the king. "It was a wonderful dinner, Your Highness. Thank you." Her gaze settled briefly on her son, worry still visible in her eyes. "Goodnight, Justin."

 

Justin shook his head, knowing his disagreement with his mother was what had him under the king's watchful attention, his anger still not abated that she had broken from her standard decorum and spoke up to the king. He could handle this unremorseful savage. In fact, he thought he had done a damned good job of it so far. "Goodnight, Mother..." he replied, anger still heavy in his voice. In truth, he didn't even want to speak to her right now. He needed time to figure out how much damage she had caused with the king, and plan what he should do next. He was barely keeping his wits when in close contact with the aggravating monarch. He didn't intend to gift the primitive ruler an easy victory.

 

"Have a seat, Justin..." Brian spoke, his blood raging as he viewed the blond standing near him, the desire to pull him down onto his lap nearly overwhelming him. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do first - kiss those sensuously pouting lips... or bend him over his knee and teach him all about the consequences of scandalous and disrespectful behavior. Waiting until the blond acquiesced, his eyes not missing the blue eyes boring angrily into him, the king looked down the end of the table at his guards that were clearly ready... and anxious to be dismissed.

 

Silent for a moment, making sure that all eyes were on him, the king instructed, "Those of you that have been assigned new tasks or are riding out in the morning to search for Sir Taylor, I bid you goodnight, and urge you to seek an early rest tonight. You need to be sharp-witted and prepared for anything. There is no room for error in your mission."

 

Justin's eyes widened as he listened to the king continuing to issue his dictates, at once surprised at how they all took the ruler's demands in stride and seemed to look at him in deep respect... and even affection. He had often heard how King Bruhier was beloved by his people, most especially those within his inner circle, but he continued to see evidence of that with his own eyes. After being stung by the king's insolence and arrogance on numerous occasions, Justin couldn't help but find their obvious devotion surprising. He had the feeling there would be many more surprises to come.

 

Next, he addressed the kitchen staff. "Leave the clearing until we depart. We won't be long."

 

The room remained silent as the guards and serving attendants bowed and made their exits, making it so only the king, Justin, Emmett, Ben, and Michael remained. Tension thickening in the room, Michael was the first one to speak. "Your Highness?" Michael hesitantly asked, ignoring his partner's look of censure at the interruption. "Shall I leave? I don't want to intrude on your private business..."

 

Emmett and Ben exchanged a surprised look. Michael did use good judgment from time to time. As much as they all knew Michael loved Ben, so often it was apparent that Michael enjoyed baiting the king. Of course, in all honesty, they were all guilty of doing that.

 

Shaking his head, Brian answered, "Actually, Ben can join you. His duties will be more intense in the coming days, at least, until Taylor is apprehended. I want him to enjoy the rest of his evening... and you as well."

 

Ben didn't need to be told twice. He looked apologetically at Emmett, knowing he was going to take his golden opportunity and leave the sudden awkwardness of this setting. Standing to his feet, he bowed to his king, before he addressed him, "Enjoy your evening, Your Majesty. Feel free to call on me before morning... should the need arise."

 

Brian glanced in Justin's direction, his tongue stroking over his lips as he contemplated the quiet and still agitated blond. He voiced his thoughts aloud. "I am hoping I won't have a need for that, Benjamin." His eyes slid over his hot blond slave, determined that they would get to know each other much better tonight. He dismissed Ben with a short glance, his attention moving to Emmett who was displaying clear amusement. He shook his head. Annoying fucker, but he didn't know what he would do without him... his assistance managing his home, nor his friendship. "Not a word..." the king snapped, knowing that Emmett knew him too well. He knew he had systematically sent everyone away, with one purpose in mind... being alone with Justin.

 

Emmett stood to his feet, smiling at each of them in turn. "I'll just say goodnight."

 

"Don't go too far. You will be escorting Justin once we are finished here..."

 

Bowing to the waist, Emmett answered, "As you wish. I'll be in the recreation room."

 

"Depending on how this meeting goes, I could be as well..." the king bluntly answered, without a doubt in his mind that one of his willing slaves would be relieving his tension soon. As much as he ached to be slaking his lust deep within the blond, he knew it was an unrealistic hope. It was still too soon, but he would push the blond to his limit. Then, they would build on that.

 

Barely waiting until Emmett left the room, leaving him alone with the hungry, and extremely edgy king, Justin couldn't resist spitting out, "Recreation room? I'm sure that's a more discreet way of referring to your harem..."

 

"Harem?" the king snorted. "I don't have a harem, Justin. I have slaves that perform various tasks in my home. Some are my personal pleasure slaves that are in that position of their own free will." Brian's eyes moved over the beautiful blond, at this moment, wanting nothing more than to show the rebellious boy exactly how much pleasure he could give him. "As will you too, my own..."

 

Standing to his feet, Justin vehemently protested, "That will NEVER happen, your esteemed highness!"

 

"Of course it will, pet. And after what happened earlier in your bedroom, I think you know that too..." the king purred, refusing to let Justin's outbursts push him into a behavior that would have the blond recoiling from him even more. "However, before we speak of more pleasurable matters, I will ask you again - what caused your argument with your mother tonight?"

 

Justin scowled. "I had forgotten about it." He waved it off as insignificant, his eyes rolling when he fell under the king's intense and obviously determined gaze. "It was nothing. She had mentioned that she had urged you to give up on your plans regarding me. I didn't appreciate her becoming involved."

 

Reaching out, Brian grasped the boy's arm, his brow lifting, as he stared at him knowingly, and with undeniable hunger. "I think you rebelled against your mother's interference because deep down you want what I want."

 

"That's ridiculous." Justin tugged at his arm, hating how the king's touch felt like a branding iron, only to find the hand tightening on him. "I hate you and this barbaric arrangement..."

 

"I don't think so..." Brian growled. Unceremoniously, he pulled the blond closer, effortlessly tugging him to fall onto his lap. Before Justin could squirm free, Brian wrapped his arms tightly around him. "Your plan to push me away only has the opposite effect, Justin. The more you resist, the more determined I am to have you."

 

"That's just what I would expect from a savage..." Realizing the futility of an argument, Justin remained passive, yet still demanded his release. "Let me go. I want to go back to my rooms..."

 

"Not quite yet..." the king rasped, his gaze hungry on the boy's full lips, ones that he intended to ravage. On the verge of smothering them beneath his own, the monarch released a primal growl when Ben burst through the door, horror and extreme panic in his eyes. Even in his lust-hazed state, Brian knew that Ben would only interrupt in the case of a dire emergency. He allowed Justin to slide from his lap, his attention focused on his security adviser. "What's happened?"

 

Ben looked nervously between his king and Justin, his look longest on the younger man. "Your Highness... perhaps we should speak alone..."

 

"Is it about my father?" Justin interrupted. "If it is, I have the right to know."

 

Neither agreeing or disagreeing, Brian motioned Ben closer, wanting to get his answers quickly. "Just say whatever it is, Benjamin."

 

"There's been a break at the prison. Sapperstein has escaped... and Sir Taylor has been shot and killed."

 

TBC