- Text Size +

 

Ben nodded in greeting to the guard that stood at a vigil near the king's reading room, a knowing glint in his eyes as he interpreted the slight smirk on the guard's face. That meant only one thing - Brian had one of his personal slaves inside, and still had summoned him for a face-to-face meeting. "Good morning, Yasim. I believe his excellency is expecting me."

 

"Indeed he is," Yasim responded in fluent English. The king demanded that his people, at least the ones within his palace, spoke both the English and Arab languages. The king's wife, in name only, an American, the mother of his heir and the future king, resided here in the castle - at least, when she wasn't jet setting around the world, spending his fortune, and living a frivolous life devoted to her pleasures. None of the house staff liked Lady Lindsay. They merely tolerated her out of devotion to the king, and their master, and their love for young Gus, the future monarch. "You may go in. He should be finishing soon..."

 

Rolling his eyes, Ben commented, "It's not the first time, nor do I think the last time that I will need to meet with His Highness while he is so intimately engaged." Knocking once on the door, merely to announce his arrival, Ben stepped inside, glancing toward the desk only long enough to see Brian's head turning to acknowledge the identity of his visitor, his eyes glazed, his lips parted and curving into a slow smile, his head arched back against his chair, one hand kneading the back of the head of the kneeling slave. On a closer, yet brief inspection, Ben noted that it wasn't so much of a kneading hand, but one that was guiding the man's mouth to take his cock in the precise rhythm that the king desired. Ben smiled as he kept a discreet vigil by the door, always feeling a bit awkward during these moments... and yet, comforted in the knowledge that the king always stayed in character, most especially on the eve before they were to begin a journey.

 

Brian arched a brow as he viewed Ben's slight unease. After so many years of service, first to his father... and now to him, it amazed him how Ben could be so affected by his brazen behavior. Perhaps it came from being in a committed relationship with a more down to earth, and common man... the bland, and uninteresting Michael. Brian had never understood what Ben could see in the moping and whiny male. Ben was strong, built like a soldier needed to be, intellectual, compassionate... and undeniably hot. Michael and Ben did not match; even though he had never seen Ben give even a passing glance to another man. He would know that more than anyone else. On a couple of their journeys, he had attempted to coerce Ben into a night of sinful pleasures. Ben had rejected him both times. After that, he relented. Having his best soldier uncomfortable in his presence, unable to do his job effectively, was more catastrophic than his dick not finding relief. There was always a willing body to accommodate him.

 

"Have a seat, Benjamin." Sweat ran down the side of Brian's face, slowly trickling down his neck. "I won't be much longer." Brian's eyes were almost black when he turned his attention to the slave focused on servicing his now throbbing and leaking organ. "That's it, Nate. You have become such a good little cocksucker." Brian's chest began expanding as he pumped his much-needed orgasm into the slave's mouth, only pulling out once he was finished, an approving smile on his face when he watched Nate's throat moving, the slave finding his pleasure from finishing the job, moaning in disappointment when the now satisfied cock pulled from his mouth.

 

Bowing his head, Nate dutifully responded, "It's my pleasure to serve you, master."

 

Tapping him once on the head, an indication that he was allowed to now leave, Nate rose to his feet, and hurriedly retreated through the door. Ben always watched the process with amusement. Shaking his head, Ben surmised, "Your house slaves obviously adore you, and fight to be the chosen one to please you... and yet, they quiver in fear as they await your next command. Such a strange effect you have on your subjects, Majesty."

 

Brian smirked. "It's a delicate balance. I can't complain." Waving Ben off as he made the effort to bow as he approached, Brian admonished him, "You know that is not necessary, Benjamin. You are part of a completely different station than my house slaves."

 

"Perhaps so, Your Highness... but I have still sworn my loyalty to you. As my king, you are due my most devout praise and attention." Ben inaudibly moaned when the king's eyes darkened, quickly deciphering the flash of lust that entered into his eyes. They had long moved past his rejection of him. It hadn't been easy to do, and at the time, he hadn't said no because of Michael. It had been early days for him and Michael and he hadn't felt he owed him that kind of loyalty. In all honesty, he wasn't sure he still owed Michael that kind of devotion. Michael made eyes at many of the king's slaves. At times, he wondered if Michael was only with him because of the convenience, not to mention, the easy life. One day he would need to consider that possibility. When he had refused to share the king's bed, doing so as respectfully as he could, it had been based on not wanting any awkward fallout afterward. They had to work closely together, often in an intense battle. He couldn't risk such distractions. Thankfully, the king had been gracious. He understood his concerns, or at the very least, he had acted as if he had.

 

"I can think of other ways my most loyal subject could show his devotion..." Brian told him, his eyes moving hungrily over Ben's suddenly still countenance. Watching as Ben tensely took his seat, Brian shrugged his shoulders as if the thought had no meaning, before asking in a brusque, demanding fashion - "How are the preparations for our journey coming? I wish to leave at daybreak."

 

"All is in order, My King." Ben frowned for a moment, aware this was one of those moments he would be overstepping, but he was dictated by common sense. The king's approach to what should be a tedious and expedient journey didn't measure up. Something was very off. "Your Highness, might I ask why all the precautions? We could be there quickly if we took motor transport... but you wish to take the royal carriages, and with a virtual army of guards chaperoning it."

 

"Benjamin..." the king began in a lowered tone that everyone knew to be one of extreme warning. "I know you are not questioning my decisions..."

 

"Of course not, My King. I am merely surprised by them." Ben inclined his head, before adding, "I am more efficient in serving you if I know all of the involved particulars."

 

Brian laughed. "How diplomatic, Ben." He cleared his throat, pushing a piece of paper in Ben's direction. "This is Sir Taylor's missive to me. A missive! He dares much on such a short acquaintance, especially coming from a man that I have always shown open contempt for. Something isn't adding up here, and I mean to go into this meeting prepared for anything."

 

Ben scanned it hurriedly, before reading it again more slowly. The right words were all employed, but he agreed with his king... something was missing. "You think he means to confront his king in some sort of an aggressive manner? That would be suicide, Majesty. Surely he has to know that."

 

"Agreed. However, I am feeling very guarded about this meeting. Why is he suddenly persisting in an answer? There is a year before the contractual time limit is to elapse. I have given this a great deal of thought over the last two days, and my unease continues to grow." Brian inhaled and exhaled deeply. "You mentioned how I am arriving; I am doing this for one simple reason - to make a statement. I want Craig Taylor to fear me... and that extends to the rest of the Taylor clan. I do not trust them, so arriving more traditionally, the one preferred by my ancestors, is what I want to do. We all know that I am perceived as a savage when I arrive in this manner." A cold smile passed Brian's lips. "That is exactly how I wish Taylor to see me."

 

Ben swallowed, his eyes wide as he saw the predatory lights in the king's eyes. It was always an awesome sight. He placed the missive back on the king's desk, pausing to take one deep breath to regain his composure. "I agree that the missive seems very challenging. Sir Taylor isn't in a position to be so direct with his king." Ben frowned, a sudden thought appealing to him. "Your Highness, how does he carry the title ‘Sir', I am not familiar with his lineage."

 

Brian snorted. "He isn't worthy of the title. He married a woman that descends from European royalty. She married far beneath her... but she insisted her husband be given that much consideration. I don't know her entire history, but I believe she was considered an outcast when she married against her father's wishes." Brian sneered. "I can't imagine why she would do that for such a man as Craig Taylor."

 

"It's hard to say. Perhaps her home life before marriage was that miserable. Some women do prematurely marry, simply to escape tyrannical parents - a father in particular." Ben bit at his bottom lip, before asking the question that had been on his mind for the longest time. "What about the young man offered in the contract - do you plan on taking him, or will you dissolve the agreement?"

 

"That's a good question, Ben... and an answer I won't know until I meet with the young man. The factor of his mother's heritage makes him an unfavorable candidate as a house slave. Emmett already warned me of that, and his apparent rebellious character; whether I agreed or not, Emmett is correct - that young man would probably disrupt the tranquility of my household."

 

"Then, you will be dissolving the contract?" Ben asked, more than slightly surprised that the king would do that, sight unseen. Rumor had been circulating that young Taylor was quite pleasing to the eye. He wondered if he should mention that to the king. Hiding that fact would be pointless. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that the king would insist on meeting with the young man before making his final decision.

 

Brian shrugged. "I can't answer that right now. I only know that the youngest Taylor is probably just as untrustworthy as his father; I have to bear that in mind. Although, sometimes it is good to keep an enemy close."

 

"Your Highness, the son typically does not know the father's sins. He could be the complete opposite of his father, or they could be mirror images. That will be for His Majesty to determine." Ben cast a pointed look in the king's direction, more than slightly curious about his reaction. "I have heard rumors that the young man is extremely attractive."

 

Brian shrugged. Attractive or not, he wouldn't have his home thrown into turmoil. Although... he had heard the same rumor. He was very curious to have his first look at Justin Taylor. "Tomorrow it shall be decided. It isn't a terribly long journey. I only waited three days in order to adequately prepare for it. There is another matter that I wanted to discuss with you." Brian paused, waiting to make certain he had Ben's full attention. "There is a new slave. Emmett took pity on the man and gave in to his pleas, allowing him to stay. He is constantly throwing himself at me - whereas I know that is understandable given my vast attributes - I find that I don't trust him. I want him watched closely."

 

"Of course, My King. I can get someone on it before we leave, and I can supervise the watches when we return... if that pleases His Majesty." Ben offered, noticing by the thoughtful expression on the king's face, his offer wasn't exactly what his master had in mind.

 

"For now, yes, that sounds fine; however, should I decide to bring young Taylor back with me, he's the one I will want to have watched the most. I will look into who should be assigned to each task when we return." Brian gave Ben a stern look, speaking directly, and in a gruff tone, "Get sufficient rest tonight, Benjamin. We will be leaving early... and I need for you to be alert and expectant of anything."

 

"Of course, Your Highness. I had already anticipated that..."

 

Brian nodded. "Very good. You may go now. I have much to sort through today... and tomorrow will be one that could be both long and eventful."

 

Standing to take his leave, Ben silently concurred. He had the feeling that tomorrow would bring about changes for all of them. The burning question being - would it be for the good... or ones that led to devastating consequences?

 


 

Sir Craig Taylor paced, back and forth, in his elegant study, impatience rising in him at the lateness of his son. He had summoned him to this meeting hours ago, with a specific start time. The boy was now fifteen minutes late. In his mind, it was both intolerable... and unforgivable. "Where is he, Jennifer? He is late! You know how much I abhor that!"

 

"Calm down, Craig. I'm sure it isn't deliberate..." Jennifer weakly protested, uncertain even in her mind if she spoke the absolute truth.

 

"Bullshit!" Craig exploded, uncaring at the flinch that suddenly overcame his proper wife. "Justin practices new ways to piss me off. I truly cannot be rid of him soon enough!"

 

Jennifer's eyes narrowed worriedly. "What do you mean - get rid of him? Exactly what is this meeting about?"

 

Craig smiled cruelly. He knew how much this would break his wife's fragile little heart, not to mention her spirit. Ever since he had seen Justin kissing one of the field hands last summer, he had wanted the revolting boy gone from his home. Casting him out wasn't an option, not with Jennifer still around. And he had to remember her connections, and how much money she was worth - should she ever become accepted by her family again. He was always thinking of the future; he knew things could always change. Still, she needed to be told, and in all likelihood, he would need her to intercede with Justin. Moving behind his desk, he pulled out a file, handing it to his wife, knowing she would be filled with rage over all of it, not to mention how long this secret had been hidden from her. He watched and waited, hiding his mirth for now. Poor Jennifer. She doted on their son too much; in fact, he blamed her for Justin turning out so badly. He had been spoiled, pampered, led to believe the world was his for the taking. It would be amusing when he joined the rank of a slave.

 

Jennifer gasped in indignant fury. "Craig? What's the meaning of this? It can't mean what it says."

 

"I'm afraid it does, dear wife. A peace treaty was enforced long before Justin's birth. It was the only way to keep the former king from overtaking our lands. I challenged the king on too many occasions. Times were hard, and I couldn't pay my property taxes. You know the land we possess. The taxes alone are immense. I chose peace and prosperity."

 

"No! You sold our son! I won't have this, Craig. I will contact my family. They won't allow this travesty to befall me... or my child." Jennifer was shaking in her outrage, tears falling from her eyes.

 

Craig sneered. "Your family. They won't help you. Why would they after all of these years? You are dead to them. Accept it, Jennifer!" Craig moved closer, his eyes glittering in contempt and impatience. "Now, where is Justin? I told him to be here, and he's nowhere to be found."

 

"He went out riding this morning. I reminded him that you wanted to see him, but you know how he gets when he's with his friends and the horses. He could be gone all day."

 

His friends... Craig's stomach turned in disgust. "Yeah, I know all about his so-called friends. That's fine, then. I will just wait for him. When he arrives, he will learn the bitter truth of his future. Maybe then, he won't be so self-absorbed."

 

"What kind of father are you?" Jennifer hissed. "You are taking enjoyment from this. If not for him, I would leave here today; in fact, I would have already left!"

 

"Silence, woman. Don't forget who I am. We are in Tehara. You are my wife, which equates to one thing - I own you. Why do you think I settled in this harsh, primitive land?" Craig advanced in her direction. "I'd suggest you keep that in mind and do your duty, which for now is to find our wayward son. I don't want to see you until he has returned... and when he does, you had better be supportive of me and my choices. If not, dear Jennifer, there will be hell to pay... and I don't have to tell you who will most feel my wrath..."

 

TBC