- Text Size +

 

Justin rolled his eyes at Emmett's constant insistence on what should be viewed as a positive in his new life. He didn't see things the same way. In fact, he doubted that he ever would. No matter how unique and special Brian had made him feel when they were alone together during an intimate encounter, he was still aware of the realities. He was with the king because the ruler had commanded it, and just as importantly - he was only one of many. If he had forgotten that aspect, the queen had been more than open, reminding him of that important fact.

 

How long until the king placed him with the other pleasure slaves? Despite Brian inferring that he wasn't going to do that, Justin was a creature of realism. It was inevitable. And when that happened, the king's overt sexual antics would be thrown in his face on a daily basis. He would never know which man he would pick to ease his lust. Justin wasn't even sure he wanted to be that man in such a circumstance. However, that wasn't for him to decide. He was the king's property. There were no words that Emmett could say that would portray that differently. "I appreciate your positive outlook, but it isn't how I see my life here, and to be honest, it's quite unrealistic. The king will continue to live as he chooses and uses as many men as he likes. I am new, so possibly favored. But another will always come along." Justin turned to look into Emmett's eyes, confidence fully displayed in his own. "We both know that to be true."

 

Emmett smiled, unable to deny Justin's assertion, and actually admiring him for his practical views in one so young. It was too soon to tell, but he did believe that Justin could be the man to bring the king to his knees... in a manner of speaking. "Justin, there is no denying that the king is a highly sexual being. There will be times he will call on one of his other slaves to pleasure him, for whatever reason. I do know this, though. Our king has never reacted to another man, slave or not, as he has with you. It's more than a case of simple lust. Your safety is of paramount importance to him, as is his desire that you will adapt and come to cherish your place here. Perhaps that won't happen as he likes, but the fact that he craves it is significant. He wants you to be content in your captivity, as much as you possibly can be. That outlook is not typical for the primitive king. It means something. It has to!"

 

Justin shrugged his shoulders, continuing to idly stroll through the hallways, determined not to give Emmett's well-meaning advice too much credence. "I find the meaning simple to grasp. The king is an extremely possessive man. In turn, that would extend to him being protective as well. It doesn't mean that he values me more."

 

"I think you are mistaken, and in time, I think you'll discover that for yourself." Emmett nodded politely to the servants and guards that passed them in the hallway, noticing how quiet the house was this morning. He wasn't really surprised. After the events of last night, and the king's bad temper this morning, everyone was walking around on eggshells... no one wanted to incur the ruler's wrath. "So, umm, Justin... was there any particular area you wanted to explore?"

 

A calculating glint flashed in Justin's eyes, a look that would cause Emmett to be wary - if he knew him better. "As a matter of fact, yes. I'd like to see the king's slave quarters." Justin laughed as he watched Emmett's mouth drop open in shock, and the instant fear that appeared in his eyes.

 

"Uhhh Justin, I understand the curiosity, but I really don't think this is such a good idea." Emmett's eyes were wide and assessing Justin's determined expression, certain the younger man was seeking to stir up trouble with his request. Brian would be livid, and that wasn't what he wanted to be involved in today. He knew that the king was due to meet with Lindsay today. That meeting would only escalate his bad temper. Should Justin begin playing ‘these' kinds of games with his other slaves, revealing things that the king would prefer to keep hidden, there would be consequences... and they could affect them all in a variety of ways.

 

"You asked and I answered." Justin stared at Emmett with an impassive, unflinching gaze. "You say I am free to wander the grounds as I please. If you won't take me, I'm quite sure I can find someone else that will..."

 

Moving them off to the side, realizing they were in the way of the cleaning staff trying to go about their morning tasks, Emmett quietly asked, "What can you hope to accomplish with this? Other than incurring the king's wrath? I don't think he intends on placing you in those living quarters. He won't want you there."

 

"Perhaps the king needs to see the consequences of his actions. He can't leave me in private quarters indefinitely; after all, I am just the same as them." Justin felt a momentarily stabbing in his heart as he spoke the words, hating the fact that he cared, but knowing that he did. "Please don't argue that, Emmett. We both know it's true. In time, the king will view me the same."

 

Emmett pursed his lips, realizing he had to make a decision that would anger the young man, but one he felt he had to do... both for his sake, and everyone that came in contact with him going forward. "I think we should return to the king's suite. I am not about to get in the middle of this dispute."

 

"You don't have to get involved in anything." Justin's eyes were cold, his emotions much different than they had been the night before, the reality of his situation settling in with the cold light of day. "Simply direct me in the right direction, then, you can be on your way."

 

"It's not that simple, Justin. Entrance is only allowed to the slaves, the cleaning staff, and the king himself. As you do not have a place in that wing, it is inappropriate for you to be there."

 

Rolling his eyes, Justin answered, "I'm not looking to settle in with the group, Emmett. I'd just like to see it. Surely it would be okay if the man that oversees the running of the king's home, introducing someone to the others. I promise to make it brief. I just need to see what my life could become." Confusion and a slight hint of anxiety fell into Justin's eyes, his intense gaze imploring Emmett to understand.

 

Emmett uncharacteristically swore uncaring who heard him. "Fine. A brief tour and introductions." As he motioned Justin in the direction of the wing that housed Brian's pleasure slaves, he felt all kinds of a fool for complying with Justin's wishes. Despite it being a reasonable request, he knew the king would be enraged. He enjoyed a rather easy-going relationship with the king. He feared that his involvement here today could drastically change that. Walking beside Justin, he clicked his tongue when he warned him. "I hope you know what you're doing." When Emmett turned his head to look at Justin, it was impossible not to see the cunning look in the deep blue eyes. This wasn't a trip of idle curiosity. Justin was up to something. There wasn't a doubt in his mind, it wouldn't end pleasantly for any of them.

 


 

"Have a seat, Lindsay." The king didn't even look up as she swept into the room, her agitated breathing displaying her irritation at how abruptly she had been summoned. "I would advise you to dispense with any of your typical drama. I know what happened in that room last night. It is unacceptable, most especially that you conducted yourself in such a manner in the presence of my son!" The king looked up, piercing Lindsay with a cold and unforgiving gaze. "Now it is time to deal with the consequences of your immature and foolish actions."

 

"What are you talking about? All I did was state my opinion. Some people just can't handle the hard truth!" she snapped, determined not to show any fear, remembering in the back of her mind, she had more power than Brian realized. How she used that power would be decided upon how this meeting progressed.

 

Brian slammed his hand down on his desk, the force of his action causing Lindsay to jump in response. "Enough with the sanctimonious attitude! Look at yourself, and look at the two you sought to malign. Your social status is only due to your connection to me. Lady Jennifer and Justin are completely different. They have a rich and royal ancestry. When you ridicule them, you only mock yourself!"

 

"Mock myself? Brian, I get that you're upset with me, and maybe for good reason, but that's a bit harsh!" Lindsay took a deep breath, aware that she needed to not only sound reasonable but not screech like a madwoman either. That was what everyone would expect, especially Brian's informant, which she was almost certain had to have been Michael Novotny. "Keep in mind that I don't know these people. All I see are intruders, and ones that have changed everything virtually overnight."

 

"I will concede that point; however, it doesn't matter. I am the king, and I decide the laws of my land, as well as within my home. You don't question it, you simply obey my rules." The king shook his head, looking at Lindsay with censure, his tone even more cutting when he spoke, "We are no longer married, and you know this. You have no position. I have been extremely generous with you since you gave birth to my son... but that generosity has reached its limit."

 

"What exactly are you saying?" Lindsay asked, leaning forward in her chair, at once alert and attentive to the king, his words carrying a finality she hadn't expected.

 

The king pursed his lips, his expression looking stern, yet conflicted. "I think the time has come for you to make your life outside of Tehara. You are not an example that I wish the future ruler of Tehara to look upon. If you leave decorously, I will provide you with an ample monthly allowance. No matter how lacking your mothering instincts may be, you still gave birth to my son. I won't forget that."

 

"How magnanimous of you!" Lindsay spat out. "I can't say that I will miss this hot and dry country, but I am appalled that you condemn me for speaking the truth! You are obsessed with this young man that you call a slave, but in reality, he has enslaved you! In time, that alliance will have repercussions for you... but you're too blinded by lust to see it."

 

"Be silent, Lindsay. I won't warn you again. This is none of your business, and I will not have you interfering with my decisions - now or ever!" Glaring at her hatefully, Brian told her, "I will give you adequate time to make arrangements and say your goodbyes to our son. Then, you are gone forever."

 

Lindsay inclined her head, realizing now was the time to drop her little bombshell. It was something she had hoped never to reveal. Having this secret, knowing she had outsmarted the all-knowing king, a scandalous secret she had hoped to always enjoy. "It's fine, Brian. I will go. I mean, it's not a total loss for me. I'll still have your money... and there is our other child."

 

Eyes widening instantly in rage, the king demanded, "What madness are you speaking of now? Our daughter died in childbirth. Only Gus lived. You will cease with these games now!"

 

"Games? I don't think so, My dear King. You were out of the country when I went into labor. I paid a great deal of money to deceive you; I had hoped you would never find out. It amused me to steal something of such value from you. But now, I will tell you. I expect even more money from you, and I also expect you to leave us in peace. You have Gus. You don't need Jasmine as well."

 

"You immoral bitch!" Brian stood to his feet, Arabic curses tumbling from his mouth. "This cannot be true. It is more treachery devised by your deranged mind. You know I can kill you for such a deception."

 

Lindsay laughed in a completely hollow tone. "However, you won't. One, you would have to explain that to our son... and two, you would never have the chance to even catch a glimpse of our daughter. Jasmine isn't living on your lands, Brian. Why do you think I traveled so much? It wasn't to see the world..."

 

"Get the fuck out of my sight. We will discuss this later!" The king stared viciously at the woman that for now had an advantage over him, but one that he vowed she wouldn't have for long. As she all but ran from the room, Brian summoned Ben, recognizing that a plan of action needed to be placed. If Lindsay was telling the truth, and at this point, he gathered that she was, a new adventure was about to begin. His daughter needed to be found, and safely brought home. He wouldn't rest until he achieved that. After that, Lindsay would feel the full measure of his merciless wrath.

 

TBC