- Text Size +

 

Brian watched with burning, hungry eyes as Justin ascended the staircase. The boy was moving at such a slow pace that it was obvious it was done deliberately. At the moment, he didn't mind this new act of rebellion. Brian moved closer to the staircase, yet not going up the stairs, satisfied just to watch the boy's movements... at least, for now. He felt his dick twitching under his thick robes. Justin had an ass that made him salivate. He wondered how much more attractive the enticing mounds of flesh would be - with his trousers removed. One thing was for certain, he would be feasting on that exquisite body - over and over again.

 

He licked his lips as his eyes moved up and down the perfectly proportioned body, not only lingering on his incredibly hot ass but touching on the straight and proper spine. Justin Taylor was not a simpleton. He was certain he had been educated, and he had a feeling it had been his mother's doing. Before he left here, he would obtain more knowledge. He needed to know everything about this young man that he had every intention of possessing. And possess him he would... both in word and deed. If Justin was smart, and he intuitively believed him to be, once he was over his initial anger, he would reach out to the man that controlled his destiny. Justin could easily become the king's favorite, undoubtedly a much-envied position. Brian decided that giving the young man some time, along with a small degree of space, could produce results more quickly. There wasn't a doubt in his mind, those results would bring him the maximum of pleasure.

 

"He is quite attractive, isn't he, My King?" Ben asked from behind him, watching as Justin reached the top of the stairs, a gasp slipping through his lips when the blond in question turned at the top of the stairs and glared with open hostility at the king that stood admiring him.

 

Brian arched a brow at the youth's temerity, shaking in silent laughter. He turned away from the sight of the outraged young man and turned around to face Ben, inclining his head in greeting and agreement. "Indeed he is, Benjamin. As forewarned, Justin will be quite the handful in my home. For now though, I just want us to be gone from this place as quickly as we arrived. Sir Taylor has left me with a very sour taste in my stomach."

 

"He does seem quite repugnant, Your Highness. By your order, the guards have him sequestered in his rooms until Justin is ready to travel." Ben took a deep breath, knowing he would probably live to regret the question, "My King, what of the young man's mother? It is apparent that Sir Taylor is verbally abusive to his family. Could it be physical as well?"

 

The king nodded. "I have been giving that some thought. Typically, I don't intrude on family matters. If I did so, I would never have time to adequately protect and rule my lands. This country hasn't socially evolved as much as our sister nations; my father and his grandfather before him were much to blame for that. It is very difficult to change some older, more primitive behaviors when it is so widespread... even for a king."

 

Ben smiled, holding his hand to his heart in mock surprise. "My King... I can't believe it," Ben spoke in a low and teasing voice, meant for the king's ears alone. "There are some things you can't do? I will need some time to process this."

 

Scowling, Brian motioned his chief of the guards back into Craig Taylor's library. "Enough, Benjamin. This is not the time for humor. Tensions are very high here, and I sense danger around us." When Ben slightly started and moved to look out the only window in the room, Brian waved him off. "Not something the eye can see, my friend. The perimeter is safe, the guards are at all the entry points, and spread around the grounds. I would feel better if there were more inside the house, but I doubt I will receive any opposition from the inside. Guarding against outside attacks takes precedence."

 

"Are you expecting an attack, My King? Either while we are here, or when we are traveling home?" Ben asked, remembering the king's obvious unrest before they had made the journey and his strong feeling that something didn't feel quite right. The king was rarely mistaken. He had been raised as a warrior from an early age, long before he had acceded to the throne. His instincts were more intact than anyone he had ever known... or had trained alongside. When the king voiced his concerns regarding danger, Ben always listened.

 

Brian frowned, shaking his head after a short and quiet moment. "I'm not sure I feel this danger comes in the form of an attack. I spoke to you briefly about this before we made this journey. Even though this contract has been in existence long before I became king, and even before Justin's birth, something has been nagging at me ever since I received Taylor's missive. I simply want us to be prepared for anything. An enemy can come in many guises. It is not always a prelude to war."

 

Ben nodded, a smile of admiration quickly matriculating. The depth of the king's wisdom constantly amazed him. He was the king his father had never been. He wasn't prone to impulsive decisions. There was a reason and a method for every situation... and every battle. He could truthfully say that he had never seen the king off balance. He was truly remarkable. "Of course, Your Highness. How do you wish to proceed here?"

 

"While Emmett is seeing to Justin as he packs, I would like to interview some of the house staff. The housekeeper in particular." Brian frowned. He felt uneasy about leaving the boy's mother in this home after witnessing Sir Taylor viciously striking his son. He abhorred men that brutalized women. Brian realized it was probably common in some of the more savage villages... but when the visual proof came before him, he refused to turn a blind eye to it. In addition, he knew that protecting Justin's mother could make him more appealing to the hot young blond that was now his possession. In his opinion, protecting Jennifer Taylor was a win-win situation. "Have the servant brought before me. I wish to ascertain if Mrs. Taylor is safe here."

 

Ben sighed. "I think we both know the answer to that, My King." Bowing before he exited to obey his king's demands, Ben felt profoundly relieved that his highness was taking such an interest in Justin's mother. He didn't have a doubt that the king had dual motives... but all that mattered was the end result. Such a dignified and refined lady shouldn't live in fear within her own home. He had the feeling that was exactly how Jennifer Taylor lived each and every day.

 

Brian was certain of what he would uncover. Once he did, he would have no choice but to act. If not, he would have the woman's future injuries on his conscience - such as it was - and an even more hostile blond on his hands. As much as he didn't worry about having his hands filled with a hot-headed and spirited blond boy, he didn't want it spurred on from the fear for his mother's safety. No one should endure that. Brian vowed before he left the Taylor home, he would be assured of Jennifer Taylor's well-being. That would be achieved no matter what he had to do to accomplish it.

 


 

Justin rolled his eyes at the man that followed him so attentively, a man that he didn't perceive to be one of a more aggressive nature, simply more of a watchdog. If an opportunity for escape came about, the attempt wouldn't be hindered by this man he had referred to as the king's ‘mouthpiece' down in his father's library. However... he was more than aware of the guards that stood outside of his room, men that were armed and ready to protect and defend the king's honor. He knew bypassing them would be impossible.

 

Emmett smiled warmly at the beautiful blond boy, hopeful that he could urge him to look at the positive... and not how bad things really could be. The king wasn't a cruel master. His father had been. The stories he had been told would scare the young innocent. He wasn't about to do that... but he did hope he could find a way to relay to him that things could be so much worse. Ignoring Justin's grunt of irritation, Emmett followed Justin into his spacious bedroom, looking around with interest. There were sketches all over the walls, sketch pads of all sizes on the desk. Frowning as he looked around, Emmett was surprised nothing of a more personal nature could be found. No pictures or mementos of any kind. Walking around the room as Justin stood in the center of it, staring at him as if he wanted him anywhere but here, Emmett brightly asked, "Did you draw all of these?"

 

His eyes narrowing in suspicion, his back becoming stiffer as he suddenly felt defensive and uncomfortable, he turned away to look at the drawings Emmett was studying, wondering if the question was laced in mockery... much like his father did when he commented on what he deemed a complete waste of time and not appropriate activities for his son. "Yes..." Justin replied curtly, without offering any further explanation.

 

"They are fabulous, sweetie. You have a remarkable gift." Emmett turned away from the various drawings to look at Justin, his smile fading when he noticed Justin simply staring angrily at him. "Honey, I know you are pissed at your situation. It's understandable. Fate has plotted against you, taking away what we all like to believe we have, whether we do or not - our free will. But, Justin... it isn't so bad."

 

"Not so bad..." Justin repeated, in his most mocking and ultra-superior voice. Justin turned to look closely at the king's mouthpiece. "My will has been taken from me. I don't think anyone should be forced into servitude... but, certainly not me. I have royalty in my ancestry. Is the king aware of that??"

 

Emmett swallowed. "Yes, Justin. The king is aware of everything..." Fucking hell. This high-spirited blond would be such a handful. He was afraid his king would soon learn that wouldn't come about in such a good way. There was no point in reasoning with Brian to reconsider. He had seen that look in the king's eyes; it held an intensity he had never seen before. That in itself said a lot. He had been Brian's sidekick long before he ascended to the throne. He knew him better than anyone. Brian would not relent until he had this proud man on his knees, begging and totally at his mercy. Emmett feared a long siege would be in store for all of them, and that everyone in service to the king would be enormously impacted. Clearing his throat, Emmett suggested, "I would advise you to begin packing, Justin. Patience is not one of the king's virtues."

 

"Oh, by all means, I had better make haste..." Justin muttered sarcastically. He looked around the room, biting his bottom lip as he surveyed so many things he really didn't want to leave behind. "How much does his esteemed highness permit me to take?"

 

"I am sure the king wants you to feel comfortable in your new home, so I would suggest taking anything that makes it so." Emmett sighed. He worried about the young man's attitude toward the king. He would begin his new life as an outcast, and what would make him even more so, was if he became elevated quickly to the king's favorite pleasure slave. Even though Brian had never played favorites in the past, he had the feeling that was about to change. Emmett slowly walked around the room, noting there were no connecting doors, and the windows devoid of outside ledges. "Would you like me to give you some privacy as you sort through your belongings? I can stay and help if you like... but I thought maybe you would like a private moment before your parents' home becomes a thing of the past."

 

His parents' home... Justin thought to himself. Surely this man, one that he had to view as his enemy, no matter how friendly he was coming across, truly did not believe that he had any tender feelings for his abusive and judgmental father. Unwilling to appear too grateful, Justin merely inclined his head. "I would appreciate the private moment to assemble my thoughts before deciding what to take."

 

"I will be right outside the door, as will two other guards. Attempting something reckless would go very badly for you, Justin." Emmett's smile turned into a stern look of warning. "I doubt that I need to tell you how the king would respond to such a flagrant act of disrespect."

 

Justin laughed, instantly finding the severe look out of place on this man. He wasn't sure why he felt that way... but he doubted this man was ever strict in anything he did. "The serious look doesn't suit you. What was your name? If I missed it, I apologize... but since you know who I am, and since we are obviously going to come into contact, I suppose it would be nice to know."

 

"Of course." Emmett smiled brightly, his stern warning already to the back of his mind. He liked Justin. Despite his youth, he was so intuitive. He had the feeling they all needed to stay on their toes around him. "I am Emmett; I have been a friend and confidante of King Bruhier's for many years. He prefers to be addressed simply as ‘Brian', but I caution, only do that when he gives you leave to do so." Emmett winked suggestively. "I have a feeling he will request that of you very soon."

 

Justin snorted. "I doubt that any directive your king elicits ever comes across as a request." He moved to the walk-in closet, removing cases to pack his clothing, his eyes idly moving around the room, uncertain of what he wanted to take the most. He frowned when he noticed something on his pillow, something that hadn't been there earlier. Justin quickly moved his eyes away from it and turned his attention back to Emmett who stood watching him attentively but without any show of suspicion. "I would like to do this on my own, Emmett. I shouldn't be too long." He waved a hand around the room. "As you can see, there is nowhere I can go."

 

Emmett nodded, suddenly feeling a bit of unease about his offer, and Justin's sudden acceptance of it. Had he missed something? Was there an escape route? He looked around the room one more time, shaking his head to dismiss the thought. They were several levels from the ground floor. Justin couldn't escape through the window, and the only door led directly to the waiting guards. "Okay. Twenty minutes, Justin. The king is rushed to return home. Take what you need. If you want the rest later, we can send for them."

 

"Fine..." Justin agreed, his tone intentionally chilly, continuing to make it clear that he was still hostile about the changes that had been forced upon him... uncaring of who knew of his supreme distaste for the arrogant king and any that assisted him in his savagery. He watched as Emmett hesitantly left the room, not approaching the bed nor the foreign object until he felt safe to do so. For a moment he had debated on locking the door, but he realized if he did that, his solitude would probably be taken back from him. Twenty minutes wasn't a very long time... but he would use each and every minute of precious freedom, determined not to go to the king one moment before he was required to do so.

 

Justin approached the bed, his fingers reaching out to touch a long-stemmed red rose. Where had it come from? And... more importantly, who had placed it there? He looked closer, discovering a piece of white folded paper that looked like stationery that blended into the white, silken comforter. Picking it up, he unfolded it and began to read the handwriting that appeared to have been written in a hurry.

 

A perfect rose for a true vision of loveliness and grace. You are too precious to be a victim of such a cruel destiny. I can save you from this misguided fate - you only have to follow my instructions.

There is a panel along the wall behind your bookshelf, hold the button down until it opens. Once past the wall, hold the button down from the other side. It will close the wall, and only someone who knows of the secret panels will find it.

A long stairwell awaits, descending you into the basement of the house. Once there, make your escape through the window on the far side of the cellar, away from the door. Do NOT go through the door. The guards are making rounds and checking every access point. After you are outside, make your way to the stables. Your horse is saddled and ready for you. A water bottle is attached to the saddle. A safe escape is all I desire for you, my beauty. I ask nothing in return. I only want to free you from the prison that wishes to enslave you. Ride to the South, the opposite direction of the king's palace. You will see a riding party. Then, you will be guided to safety.

If you do not wish to escape this cruel fate, then destroy this letter, and join the savage that has come to claim you. If you want a life free from the tyranny of your father and the king, run away and meet me now.

Hurry, my beautiful rose. We don't have much time...

 

TBC