- Text Size +

 

Six Weeks Later

 

Brian knocked on the classroom door, remaining outside until Daphne indicated he should come inside. As much as it was abhorrent for him to give control to others, in the case of his children's teacher, he would make an exception. Stepping into the classroom that had been designed for this purpose shortly after the twins had been born, Brian looked around in surprise, not realizing that either Gus or Jasmine would be present.

 

"Is something wrong, Daphne?" the king asked, his tone clearly displaying his concern. "Where are the children?"

 

Daphne smiled, motioning for the king to have a seat in the chair next to her desk. "Nothing to worry about, Your Highness. I sent them out; I wanted to speak to you about Jasmine's test scores."

 

"Yes, I remember. You gave her the equivalent of an IQ test." Brian remembered Daphne indicating that she wanted to see if Jasmine was on par with Gus, or if some modifications to her education needed to be made. "How did she do?"

 

Shaking her head, a look of bemusement on her face, Daphne passed the test over to the king, still in shock at what the scores indicated. "I'll let you see for yourself, Your Highness. I think you will be just as surprised as I was as I started grading it."

 

Eagerly, Brian reached for the test, more than just a little curious about how his daughter had scored, a child that hadn't been fortunate enough to have a structured education. "This isn't possible." The king blinked a few times, each time refocusing on the test and the score in front of him. "Jasmine has been homeschooled so far, and not by an actual teacher. I can't fathom that would enable her to be this proficient."

 

"I am shocked as well, Your Majesty, but these scores don't lie." Daphne shook her head, unable to fully grasp the facts that were so clear to see. "Gus' IQ is above average as well, but as you can see, Jasmine's scores are even higher. You are truly blessed to have such extraordinary children, and I feel so fortunate being their teacher."

 

"No, they are fortunate to have you, Daphne. They will only excel further having you guiding them." The king handed the test back to Daphne, looking at her intently as he did so. "Will this alter your teaching plans for the children?"

 

"I don't think so, Your Highness, at least, not at this time. Initially, I was worried that Jasmine wouldn't be able to join in with Gus at his level, but that is clearly not the case. In a month or two, I will give them both an identical proficiency test and see where they are in comparison. I see no reason why there will be any reason for division."

 

Nodding his approval, Brian told her, "That sounds wonderful. Jasmine is already adjusting and Gus shadows her constantly. It's as if he wants to protect her, even when there isn't any need. They have formed a strong connection in such a short time."

 

"Yes, they have. I'm not sure that anyone who isn't a twin can understand the bond between twins, but I know that it exists. Gus and Jasmine are the perfect examples. It's delightful watching that relationship grow, even when they disagree." Daphne laughed, knowing there were many instances of that. Jasmine was so hot-headed and more often than not, she was outspoken. At first, it had caught her off guard, but now she was growing accustomed to it. "Thankfully, it isn't my job to instruct Jasmine on the protocol of being a princess and the mannerisms associated with that role."

 

Brian laughed. "An arduous task for sure. And one that I will need to address at some point, but for now, I am trying to gently introduce her into her new and very different life."

 

"Of course." Daphne nodded in complete understanding. "The children should be back soon to resume their studies, but I thought you would want to know Jasmine's test scores right away."

 

Standing to his feet, the king answered with deep gratitude in his voice. "I am glad that you did. I can never thank you enough for all that you do to educate my children within this protected environment, away from a standard classroom. Although I know they would probably grow in a more typical setting, due to their status, this is what is safe. Please keep me apprised of their developments. No matter how busy I am as the king, I want to be involved in every aspect of my children's lives."

 

Daphne smiled. "I don't doubt that, Your Highness. You are an excellent king and Father." Once the king turned to leave, Daphne smiled even more as she heard the excited voices greeting their father in the hallway. She wondered how long it would take to get them back on task today. First, she had sent them away in order to meet with the king, and now they bumped into their father unexpectedly. Despite how much this position might be a hindrance to a personal life with her largely confined lifestyle, she wouldn't trade it for anything. The king's children were wonderful and a joy for her to teach. She couldn't wait to see what the future had in store for each of them.

 


 

Justin wiggled in the king's lap, his arms wrapped tightly around his neck, his head angled to rest firmly in the crook of Brian's arm, their mouths locked in a hot, languorous kiss. Unable to remain silent, Justin moaned into the ferocious heat of Brian's mouth, knowing that nothing else could feel or taste better.

 

Brian growled into Justin's mouth, realizing that this kiss would soon get out of hand, aware that once his lust was fully awakened, his duties would soon be forgotten, at least for the moment. "You tempt me too easily. When will that ever end?" Brian mused aloud.

 

Wishing he could twist around on Brian's lap, and move his body against his lover to incite his lust further, Justin barely remembered why he could not. It had been six weeks since Brian had been stitched up from his gunshot wound, and even though he was fully healed, he didn't want to take any chances. This aggravating and controlling man had basically become his everything. He didn't want to see him hurt again. Justin laughed into Brian's mouth, nothing more than a sultry chuckle, one that he knew had turned the older man on, the telltale sign being the hardness that suddenly prodded more fiercely against his leg. "I hope it never does..."

 

"Don't think I have forgotten what I warned you about not long ago..." Brian told him, gently but firmly pushing him from his lap, knowing that it was a case of now or never.

 

Licking his lips, his own cock stiffened when he saw Brian's eyes darken, determined to drive this man crazy with desire, desperately craving to be on the primitive ruler's mind for the rest of the day... in fact, every moment until they could be alone later. "Hmm. Something does come to mind. I'm confused though, Your Highness. Was it a warning... or more of a promise?"

 

"Consider it to be both," the king growled, his nostrils flaring as he barely controlled the urge to throw the blond down on his desk, forgetting all of his correspondence, and every other matter that required his attention, the lust raging in him compelling him to simply fuck him senseless. "Watch yourself. You are walking a very thin line."

 

Deliberately, Justin bit at his bottom lip, slowly running his tongue over it, his eyes hungrily watching the volatile king. "Is that so?"

 

The king swore, nearly at his limit when the door to his office burst open, his eyes glaring at Emmett's anxious face. "You had better have a damned good reason for barging in here unannounced!"

 

Not the least bit flustered by the king's hostility, Emmett told him, "Well, of course, I do. Do I look like a fool?"

 

Justin forced himself not to laugh as he listened to Brian's sarcastic retort.

 

"Is that an actual question?" Brian replied drolly, still not the least bit amused.

 

Emmett huffed, yet refusing to be baited at the moment. "I don't have time to verbally fence with you now." Waving his hand in the air, Emmett cheerfully added, "it's the only fencing I could win with you..."

 

"Not even then!" Brian snapped. "Get on with it."

 

"Yes, of course." Emmett winked at Justin, realizing he had interrupted something, unable to determine precisely what it had been, but knowing with these two, it had been something intense. "Right, well, you have a visitor. Teddy is here. He needs to see you most urgently."

 

Brian frowned, not expecting that in the slightest. "Theodore? Why is he here now?"

 

"All he said was that it pertained to an urgent financial matter." Emmett looked at the king inquiringly. "Shall I show him in?"

 

"Yes, of course. Also, have a room prepared for him." Brian glanced briefly at Justin, disappointed about the interruption, yet realizing that was the only thing that had probably stopped him from taking him - here and now. "I'll look for you later, Justin. There is something I need to discuss with you." Uncaring of Emmett listening with avid curiosity, Brian added, "Something I would have shared with you if you had not distracted me..."

 

Justin nodded, looking at Brian curiously, not alarmed by his statement after detecting warmth in the king's eyes. Whatever it was, Brian obviously found it to be something good. "Okay. I think I'll go for a ride. I should be at the stables."

 

Brian nodded, watching as Emmett and Justin departed, frowning as he pondered why Ted would arrive so unexpectedly. He very rarely came to Tehara. Having numerous business holdings in America, he had a vast fortune invested in the United States. Ted was not only his personal accountant, and financial advisor but also a very good friend. The truth of the matter was that he trusted Ted's judgment and handling of his financial affairs. Typically, they corresponded through email or by phone. Ted's presence indicated a problem, but one that he was certain he could resolve quickly.

 

He watched the door expectantly, not the least bit surprised at the knock and quick entrance of his accountant. The king inclined his head, gesturing Ted forward. "Close the door and have a seat, Theodore. It's good to see you."

 

Sitting down, Ted placed his briefcase next to him. "It's been a long time." Clearing his throat, Ted continued, "I'm not sure you will be pleased about my news."

 

The king grunted. "Probably not since it brought you here unannounced. What is the emergency? Have my stocks plummeted?"

 

Ted laughed. "Hardly that, Your Highness." When he was met with a glare that he knew was a reprimand for the title reference made in private, Ted amended, "Sorry, Brian. It's hard not to address you more formally when I am in your home." When the king remained silent, Ted informed him, "It's about a suspected fraud on one of Lindsay's credit card accounts. There have been a series of cash withdrawals made on them, and it is my understanding that she had been here at the palace during that time." Clearing his throat nervously, feeling awkward about referring to Lindsay's circumstances, Ted told the king, "I am aware of Lindsay's crimes, and the fact that she is now deceased."

 

"I realize you are in touch with Emmett; that was remiss of me not contacting you. I didn't cancel her accounts in the hope that something like this could happen. Tell me what you have discovered..." Brian didn't delude himself that Ted would have researched deeply enough to have a location for the offender, not a doubt in his mind that the thief was the missing doctor.

 

Ted reached for his briefcase, opening it and pulling out a large envelope, looking up to meet the king's intense gaze. "This is why I came in person. I am highly skilled in this kind of research, and I have an old friend at the bank where the last withdrawal was made. It was just a few days ago. I realize this visual evidence isn't legally obtained, but my contact gave me a photo captured at the ATM. I thought it might be of use to you."

 

Brian nodded, reaching for the envelope, remaining silent as he opened it, removing a 3x5 black-and-white photo image. The quality wasn't very good, but it was good enough. This was the odious doctor that had plotted with Lindsay to steal his child. Finally, he had a location, although not precise. It was a place to start. Looking up, Brian smiled at Ted, a new admiration for his friend instilled in him. "I am impressed, Theodore."

 

"I know better than to come to you with incomplete information, so I used the contacts I had. I hope it is useful to you." Ted asked what he thought to be the obvious next step - "Should I have the card canceled?"

 

"No! I want it left open. That is the best way to apprehend this man." Brian's eyes flared savagely, his killer instincts immediately rising to the surface. He wished he could kill this odious man with his own bare hands, but accepted that wasn't wise or even practical. The man would die, but it wouldn't be connected to him.

 

His children had suffered enough. They had moved on, and extraditing this man would renew the gossip, bringing their mother's treacherous actions to the forefront once more. He would terminate the doctor discreetly, and then, this would be over. "You have done me a great service, Theodore. I can't ever effectively express my gratitude, but you will be generously compensated for all of your efforts. For now though, I need to attend to this. Emmett is having a room prepared for you. Ask my guard to summon him for you."

 

Ted stood to his feet, slightly surprised by the anger in the king's voice. This wasn't a simple matter of credit card fraud. There was so much more to this story. "Thank you, Brian. It was a very long flight and I would like to rest. I hope we can talk later."

 

Nodding his head, Brian brusquely replied, "Yes, you can count on it."

 

As Ted left the room, Brian pondered his next course of action. He had an excellent starting point. The withdrawal had taken place in New York City. Not only did Ted live in New York City, but he had his own connections in the city. Men that were experienced in eliminating problems. Opening his desk drawer, the king reached for the number that would be the end of the man that didn't deserve any mercy... nor would he receive any.

 

After identifying himself, the king was quick in getting to the point. Price was of no object to him. Nor was time. Although, he made it clear that finding his prey expediently, along with a quick resolution, would garner an extensive bonus. He knew this enforcer very well. Once he furnished the photograph, the doctor would be found quickly. This man had an underground of sources and knew just how to exert his will at the proper time and place. Brian knew it would be over soon. His only regret was that he wouldn't be able to look the repellent man in the eye before he took his last breath. Knowing that justice had been served, even if administered unconventionally, would have to be enough.

 

TBC

 

Chapter End Notes:

Three chapters left, which will be posted later today.