- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

A.N: Keep in mind, this story is OOC. In this one we have Justin being Brian's equal both in arrogance and his way of life. Definitely, a different sort of story for me to write.

Banner: Thank you once again to the fabulously talented Marian... aka Marny1. I love it!

Disclaimer: I do NOT own the characters of Queer as Folk. This work is done for entertainment purposes only. No infringement is intended.

 

 

"Here we are, Mr. Taylor. The very best suite the Four Seasons has to offer." In what was barely concealed excitement, the bellhop showed their new guest into his suite, cautious not to do anything that would cost him what he knew could be a sizable gratuity. His eyes had almost bulged out of his head when the hotel concierge informed him that their newest guest had paid for a three-month stay in the Manhattan suite. It was positively unheard of. He wasn't privy to the details of whether or not the guest had received a discount for such an extended stay... but he knew the nightly rate. This was an enormous bill to pay with or without such a discount.

 

"Can I get you anything else, Mr. Taylor?" Reginald asked as he placed the luggage on the racks, his eyes analytically scanning the room to make certain everything was in order for this much-valued guest.

 

Justin looked around rather discreetly, instantly pleased with his choice. He glanced at the much older man's name badge, always striving to know the name of every man that he did business with in any capacity. "No Reginald, this looks like exactly what I had in mind." The view was spectacular. If he wasn't mistaken... and he very rarely was, he had the best overhead view of the city. He intended to enjoy that in a variety of ways. The room itself was exquisite. He could certainly live here for an undefined period of time. It would suit for his pleasure... and was more than acceptable for conducting business.

 

"Very well, Sir." Reginald extended the room cards to their wealthy guest, his tone its most gushing as he continued to welcome him. "We're glad to have you at the Four Seasons, Mr. Taylor. This is one of our finest suites. Do not hesitate to call if there is anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant."

 

"I'll be sure to do that," Justin answered with a bland smile. He reached into his pocket, pulling out two crisp C-notes. He placed it in the bellhop's hand. "Thank you. Discretion is always of utmost importance to me. As long as that is observed, I will be very pleased during my stay here."

 

Reginald inclined his head as he made his departure, unable to resist feeling a bit of curiosity about the young man that clearly had pockets lined with gold. He knew he was big in the media world; although, he didn't know the particulars. For some reason, he doubted this man led a quiet lifestyle... but at the price that he was paying to stay here, that wasn't any business of his, and as long as he didn't disturb the other guests, the hotel wouldn't interfere either.

 

Justin moved to the window overlooking the beauty of the city below. He had lived in Los Angeles for the past few years, his travels were extensive... but for some reason, he thought he might be able to call this home. At least, in time. Looking down at his Cartier watch, Justin grimaced at the time. He was alone here in the city, for now anyway. Sean had stayed behind in LA with business obligations still to fulfill. Justin smiled as he thought of his live-in lover. Sean was so versatile, with the most perfect ass he had ever fucked. Sean had only been with Metropolitan Man for a week when Justin strolled into a photoshoot to observe. It had taken all he had in him not to close the shoot down immediately. He had waited and watched him work. Once the shoot was finished, he had rimmed and fucked him until Sean couldn't manage a single coherent word. He had been with him since. That had been over two years ago. Although they were not in a monogamous relationship, Justin couldn't imagine finding another man that would satisfy his hunger to the same degree as Sean did.

 

Little did he know, that reality could be about to change.

 


 

Brian arched a brow as Cynthia rushed into his office, latte and the morning paper in hand. Both were his morning ritual; however, the latte far superseded the news on most days. This being a Monday morning, and a busy one at that, the latte won hands down. Knowing his PA so well, Brian narrowed his eyes when he glimpsed the sheer excitement on her face. "Not now. I don't care what monumental bit of news you have to report; I don't have time for it. My latte will more than suffice."

 

Cynthia placed the latte in Brian's outstretched hand, knowing NOT to enter the inner sanctum without it, at the same time, laying the newspaper on Brian's desk. "I wouldn't be so sure about that, Brian. You might be interested in some news in the current events."

 

"Highly doubtful." Brian's eyes flickered in disinterest at the morning edition of the New York Times, his mind more focused on the presentation he had to give within the hour. Rolling his eyes when Cynthia crossed her arms in front of her, knowing that she wasn't going anywhere until she delivered her news, Brian spoke in his most patronizing tone. "How long have you worked for me?" Waving her off as her mouth moved to form an answer, Brian told her, "It doesn't matter. The correct answer is - long enough to know that you don't come to me with non-essential matters on a Monday morning when I have potential clients arriving soon."

 

"This won't take long, Brian... and this news is huge! Opportunities like this don't come around every day. Kinnetik needs to jump on this before one of your competitors does," Cynthia excitedly told her boss, having no doubt that Brian would salivate over the chance to get this lucrative contract.

 

Pinching the bridge of his nose in between two fingers, Brian stared at Cynthia impatiently, shaking his head as he did when he was his most annoyed. "Well, get on with it. What is this monumental opportunity?"

 

"Are you familiar with the fashion magazine - Metropolitan Man?" Cynthia smirked. "Of course, you are. It's considered the most elite fashion magazine catering primarily to the successful gay man, although they do have an occasional ‘straight' man interview. Usually one of celebrity status."

 

Impatiently, Brian cut in, "I am familiar with the magazine. I have a subscription. It looks good on my coffee table as my tricks come in and out of my penthouse." Drolly, Brian asked, "Is there a point forthcoming; at least, sometime before my meeting?"

 

"Yes!" Cynthia wasn't going to respond to Brian's caustic retorts. This was too big. "They are moving their main office here to New York. In fact, they are in the process now. The CEO, Justin Taylor, will be on one of the local news stations this evening giving an exclusive interview. Don't you see how big this is!?"

 

"Perhaps I can see the potential." Brian thought about it for a moment. He didn't get out to the west coast often, but he did know the name of Taylor Productions, owned by Justin Taylor, a twenty-five-year old, self-made millionaire. If that wasn't already enough, he had much more going for him than the trending gay magazine, Metropolitan Man. He had television studios, publishing houses, nightclubs... and more. Adding Justin Taylor to his portfolio would make him an international name. He was more than tempted. "Are the offices set up yet?"

 

"Not completely, I don't think." Cynthia grinned at him. "Shall I try to make an appointment?"

 

Brian shrugged. "You can try; although, I doubt it will be that easy." He opened up Google search, typing in the name, Justin Taylor, CEO of Taylor Productions, more than curious of what he would find. He skimmed over the brief bio, nothing mentioned he didn't already know from various press releases. "I might need to look for more unconventional ways to secure a meeting."

 

"Have you seen his photo?" Cynthia asked, more than idly curious. He could only imagine Brian's thoughts of Justin Taylor.

 

"Not a good one. Does it matter?" Brian asked. Then, he thought about it. He was Brian Kinney; of course, it fucking mattered. He refined his search to find a close-up of the man, deciding he would need one that made his prospective client easier to identify. He enlarged one that showed most of Taylor's form, his eyes widening as he felt pierced by those eyes. Fuck. He was hot. He should be a model. Had he started out as one, and amassed his fortune that way? A slow smile curved Brian's lips. Oh yes, the acquisition of Taylor Productions - and the owner himself - was very appealing to him. After all, no one tended to the client quite like Brian Kinney.

 

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Brian... but forget it. You don't want to even try that..."

 

"Try what?" Brian asked innocently. "I see no reason why I shouldn't welcome Mr. Taylor to New York City in my own indelible fashion." He flickered a glance over Cynthia's all-knowing expression, knowing he needed to return to his present life and not one that could define his future. "Try to make an appointment, and I'll proceed from there."

 

"You got it, Boss. However, let me leave you with this. Justin Taylor is in a relationship... and all sources indicate he's a lot like you. Definitely not one of your tricks."

 

Brian snorted. Cynthia had no idea how many certified ‘tops' he had made into bottoms; even if only for him. Given the opportunity and inclination, Justin Taylor would be no different.

 

TBC