- Text Size +

 

Feeling more prepared to concentrate on a day at Kinnetik, at least, as much as he could with Justin's overwhelming presence constantly by his side, Brian swept into the lobby, giving Cynthia nothing more than a cursory glance. He reached for the stack of phone messages, scowling at the name on each of them. Swiveling back to look at his PA, Brian snapped, "Michael has called seven times already?"

 

Cynthia nodded. "That doesn't count all the voice messages he left before I arrived. Is something wrong, Brian?"

 

"Typical Michael bullshit." Realizing Justin was taking in every word, and knowing he was here in a business capacity, Brian decided to put an end to the Michael drama, at least for today. "If he calls back, I'm in meetings all day."

 

Eyes widening, uncertain if she had ever heard Brian refuse calls from Michael, and after his initial response, hesitant to remind him that he had a very light day today, she answered in a stunned voice, "Okay, boss. If that's what you want."

 

"It is..." he snapped. "Shall we?" Brian asked, motioning Justin in the direction of his inner office, wishing it had been any other day than this one that Justin would be getting his intense introspective of him. He was off his game in every possible way, all thanks to the man he was beginning to think of as his former best friend.

 

Justin followed Brian inside, frowning as he watched him move behind his desk, uncertain if he should try to get him to talk about this Michael thing... or if he should just smooth over it. He found his thoughts momentarily distracted as Brian placed his briefcase on the desk, and hung up his long overcoat, unable to stop from admiring the beautiful brunet moving around the office, not responding until Brian handed him one of the two cups of what appeared to be vanilla latte resting on his desk. "Thank you. It appears your PA thinks of everything."

 

"That she does. Cynthia could efficiently run any office. She knew you would be here with me today. I'm sure she picked up two cups of the same latte. Hopefully, vanilla works for you." Brian smirked, realizing immediately his faux pas.

 

"Oh Brian, you are definitely off of your game today. I can't imagine you ever making such a slip of the tongue..." Justin purred. "But to be clear, in this case, vanilla works well for me... in other ways, no, not at all."

 

"Touche, Mr. Taylor. Touche." Brian pulled his laptop from his briefcase, opening and powering it on, before giving his full attention to his observant guest. "So, I've never been involved in this type of interview. Where do we start?"

 

"This isn't typically how I do this, either." Justin looked at Brian attentively, at this moment in time, concentrating on business, his sole objective. "I want to see what the world sees from Brian Kinney. In my most intimate features, I equally focus on business and pleasure. I realize you don't live a sedated life, and that I will have to censor what I announce to the world, but at the very least, I will get a full grasp of the complete Brian Kinney."

 

Unable to resist, knowing it made him all kinds of a reckless fool, especially since Justin was currently in a business mindset, not to mention, engaging in fair play, Brian needlessly reminded, "I think you already had a good grasp of the complete package I offer, Mr. Taylor... Although, I doubt that is the exclusive you are prepared to offer your readers."

 

Justin laughed. It was husky. Sensual. Dripping with raw, untamed sex. "Shame on you, Brian." When Brian merely smiled in response, Justin realized the hot adman was deliberately teasing him. Brian had much to learn about these kinds of games, and he couldn't wait to show him. "There are consequences for every action, Mr. Kinney. You won't always be safe behind your desk."

 

"I'm as safe as I want to be." Brian looked intently into glowing blue eyes, knowing his eyes were blazing in return. He was so torn on so many levels when he was with this man, but what stood out the most was how much he loved it. He had never felt so invigorated... so challenged. In the back of his mind, knowing an interview needed to take place during this day of observation, Brian told him, "I have an hour before my first client. I am waiting for my art team to finalize the boards, so in the meantime, ask anything you like." Brian quirked a brow. "For the article, of course."

 

"Of course," Justin cooed. "To be clear, we have explosive chemistry, Brian. You can deny it if you want, but that doesn't change it. I am saying that for one reason. At times, this interview could swerve off-topic. All of that is to say, I am a consummate professional. Metropolitan Man is a multi-billion dollar enterprise; I don't take risks with what makes it into print, and I don't step over taboo lines. If you feel something is too personal or private, you simply have to tell me ‘off the record', and I will honor that. I want us to have a trusting business relationship."

 

"Thank you, Justin; I respect that. I am aware of the reputation you have built, at least regarding Metropolitan Man; of course, I can't speak for your other businesses. However, it's been my experience that a man that displays honor in one branch, does the same across the board. I feel comfortable going into business with you... both at Kinnetik and in this feature article."

 

Justin nodded. "Have you considered how much this feature is going to put you even more on the map? I do hope you are prepared for an even greater influx of business. You might need to add to your art team... and that's just the start." Another thought came to mind, one that Brian might enjoy even more, but one that gave him an odd feeling... one that he didn't quite understand. "Not to mention what the sight of you on the cover will do for your personal life."

 

"Naturally, I am flattered by the appeal you believe my face will generate." Brian smiled, tilting his head to the side as he affected his most smug expression. "It is true. I am amazingly hot. You will be challenged to find a follow-up feature to compete with the premiere."

 

Laughter erupted in Justin. Fuck. He liked this man. They were both hot, arrogant, successful... and simply put, mirror images of the other. This man intrigued him on every possible level. "I do like you, Brian Kinney. In fact, I think we could be good friends." Justin winked provocatively. "Of course, friends with exquisite benefits..."

 

Brian frowned, a cold light suddenly entering his eyes. Fucking Michael. The last thing he wanted was for him to invade his workplace. And Justin's comment just brought him inside - again. Right now, after everything Michael had said and done last night, he was filled with contempt for the man that was formerly his best friend. Brian shook his head, answering curtly and succinctly, "Sorry, Justin. It appears that I don't do friends very well. I thought I really knew one of them, and it turns out I was a blind fool. I'm not sure I plan on taking a chance with another one ever again."

 

Justin sat stunned and completely silent as he listened to Brian in what he sensed was the other man venting and expressing his emotions in a way that wasn't common for him. He knew it had to do with this Michael that he had heard mentioned. His eyes narrowed on the man that was staring blankly ahead, a contempt growing in him for this unknown man. As much as he didn't know about Brian, he knew one thing for certain - this behavior and almost desolate attitude was not Brian Kinney. It was difficult watching such a strong and forceful man be so weakened. He knew it to be irrational, especially since he didn't know anything about their history, but he found himself hating this faceless man. A cold smile twisted Justin's lips. This Michael didn't want to make an enemy of him, and at the moment, Justin thought that could be the precise direction the unknown man was heading.

 

"Brian, I don't know what's going on with you. It's not my place to ask... or intrude, but it's affecting how you are functioning, and to be honest, that pisses me off." He paused, making sure that he had Brian's full attention. "I don't know this friend of yours, and from how out of character you are acting, I don't want to know him. I just know that you need to snap out of it and focus on business." Justin raising a challenging brow. "Is this the impression you want to give to a prospective new client... and I don't mean just the one arriving in an hour..."

 

"No, of course not, Justin. Sometimes unexpected shit happens. Typically it would have rolled off of me by now, but Michael has been my best friend since I was a kid. His mother practically took me in and raised me when my mother couldn't be bothered." Brian took in a deep breath, shaking his head in disbelief when he realized how much of his personal shit he had just unloaded on a man he hoped to soon have as a business associate... not to mention a man he barely knew. This was unacceptable and wasn't the professional image he projected. "Okay, I obviously didn't mean to say any of that. It's both out of place, and out of my character. Let's just move on."

 

Justin smiled. "Don't think anything of it, Brian. We all have a breaking point. And it seems this Michael found yours. I would like to hear more about this later; if for no other reason, maybe I can help with an objective point of view." Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a small legal pad, glancing down at it, he asked a question. "Now... back on task. Are you from New York, or did you move here?"

 

"I'm originally from Pittsburgh. I moved up to partner in a prominent advertising agency. The time came when I had to decide to sell out to who I am, or pick up and start over." Brian smiled, gesturing around the room, and to the beautiful view from high atop the Empire State Building. "As you can see, my choice has worked out well for me."

 

"Modest as well." Justin laughed. "That's quite a risk, but I have the feeling it was one you knew would be rewarded." Justin bit his tongue, wanting to ask a question about Michael's presence in New York. If they grew up together, then Michael followed him. Had they been lovers then... or at any time? It was a topic that really had no place in his article, and his curiosity regarding Brian's more intimate relationships was beginning to trouble him. Such thoughts were not commonplace for him, and right now, he really didn't like it at all. "Have you ever thought of returning to Pittsburgh? I'm sure you have family, friends..."

 

"I visit when I can. My only family is my son; most of my good friends, the only ones that really mattered, moved to New York shortly after I did. My father died years ago, a worthless, abusive bastard... and my mother is a self-righteous bitch that only looks me up when she needs my help." Brian didn't add that when he did help Saint Joan, which he did just to get her out of his life again, it always ended with something like - ‘Oh Brian, there is so much good in you. I will pray for your eternally damned soul.'

 

Gasping, Justin asked, "A son? I am shocked, Brian. And... that doesn't happen often. How old is he?"

 

"I know it doesn't go with the image." Brian inclined his head, dutifully answering the question, "My son just turned ten a few months ago. At times, he's the only thing that reminds me that the world isn't totally fucked up."

 

"It must have been hard to leave him there. I expect that you had a good relationship with the mother for you to relinquish that kind of control." Justin compressed his lips. "I am a complete control freak. I can't see me ever giving up that kind of power."

 

Brian laughed. "Yeah, I can believe that. It was difficult, but whenever I see the life he has, it reaffirms that decision. Gus is being raised by his two mommies; I signed off on my parental rights for the well-being of my son. He never wants for anything. Everyone wins."

 

"It's good that you can be so self-sacrificing." Justin smiled, shaking his head in disbelief, finding his admiration growing for Brian in other ways. "You are so much deeper than the beauty that is found on the surface. I find myself anxious to discover even more."

 

"That's why we're here." Brian cleared his throat deliberately, before his expression became stern, a slight warning in his voice - "Don't be writing me as any sort of patron saint. I am definitely not that. I try to help my family and friends; however, I am not altruistic in any way."

 

"Hmmm, I wonder... but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I know I like what I see." Justin's eyes moved over Brian's face, lingering the longest on his mouth. "I started the day with a goal in mind; I don't plan on failing in achieving it."

 

Shivers coursed up and down Brian's spine. Was the dominant little blond shooting that big today? Regarding what Justin wanted from him, he was far from easy... but he was beginning to accept that he could be had. At least, by this man. "And what would that be, Mr. Taylor?"

 

"Nothing as extreme as you are probably thinking; although, I will take that too..." Justin's eyes were smoky and hungry on Brian's lips. "I want to kiss you. Not a brief little kiss you exchange with your friends. I am talking about tasting you, Brian... my tongue engaging yours, and once I release it, claiming your mouth like conquered territory."

 

"Sounds hot... and tempting." Unable to look away from the heat, and intense longing in the younger man's eyes, Brian found himself forgetting where he was, and all he needed to accomplish yet today. "It's a shame to have to wait for that..."

 

Justin emitted a rare growl. "Don't tease me, Brian. Not now... and not about this. I have never been so hungry for a man's mouth under mine, but know this, Brian, a kiss like I am talking about is a prelude. I think you know that too." Standing to his feet, unable to sit for a moment longer, his pulsating cock pushing him in directions that his mind rationalized it wasn't time to visit. "Tell me that you know where this kiss will lead..." Justin's voice was demanding, his voice hoarse with a desire that he sensed was close to overwhelming both of them.

 

Brian stood to his feet, unable to resist, he walked around his desk, sitting on the edge of it, just needing to be closer, a part of him curious if he could resist the temptation to touch him. Brian bit at his lower lip, the rare nervous gesture not going unnoticed by the young and ravenous blond. "I know. Sometimes a man needs to know when to raise the white flag. In doing so, an even greater prize might be attained."

 

Curses slid from Justin's mouth, his hand almost trembling as he reached up to run his forefinger across the flesh of Brian's bottom lip. "You are a master of games... and timing. I can see that more clearly now. However, my hot adman, you have never and I mean NEVER encountered anyone like me." Justin watched his finger as it pushed the lips open, a sultry moan escaping as Brian's lips parted to suck his finger inside. "I see you insist on the games, Mr. Kinney. Well, don't say I didn't warn you. Everything changes tonight."

 

"I'm counting on that..." Brian muttered in a low rasp. He wasn't sure when he had known this was the right thing to do. Perhaps he had known from the first moment he'd watched Brandon interviewing Justin on the evening news, curious about the man that had easily convinced another top to bend over for him, one that he had been unable to do the same with - a small part of him had such thoughts of this surrender even then. Brian cleared his throat, taking a slight step back. He needed to get some work done... and that would never happen if they continued on as they were now. "I think some separation might be a good idea... if you can work around that for your article. I need to get something that resembles work done."

 

Justin laughed. "I was just thinking the same. I need to step out for a while. You are making me much too hungry. I can come back this afternoon. We can finish with the interview... and then I was thinking about having dinner in my hotel suite." Justin's eyes darkened, his look intentionally eating Brian alive. "After dinner, I intend to explore every inch of you, Brian Kinney."

 

Brian swallowed, his chest expanding as he thought of Justin's mouth pleasuring him... before the young and extremely dominant blond took him in a way few had ever done before him. "Sounds like a plan. My last appointment is at three o'clock. We can finish whatever you need for the article then."

 

"I need many things from you, Brian. Finishing the article is a priority... and then, I move toward redefining your entire world." Justin backed away, not trusting himself to be within touching distance of this immensely sexual man... a man that attracted him on levels he had never experienced with another. Looking deeply into the heated hazel eyes, Justin gruffly demanded, "I want to hear you say it, Brian. Tell me what is going to happen tonight. What you are going to give me..."

 

Brian bit his lip, forcing the needful moan to remain silent. As he looked into the intense, almost possessive gaze, Brian knew he couldn't deny his request... nor anything else. "I'm going to give you everything you desire, Justin. I can't fight it any longer; in fact, I don't even want to. Where we go after that remains to be determined... but for tonight, I am all yours."

 

All his. Oh yes, Brian would discover the meaning of that soon. He could feel a rush of possessiveness seemingly invading him, a feeling he had never felt with any other man. The intensity of the desire between them was almost alarming to him, a man that was always closed off to any softer emotions... but not enough to turn his back on it. He had the unshakable feeling that tonight was about to begin something powerful and addicting. Justin decided he wasn't the least bit frightened of it. He was running toward this new experience with open arms. He couldn't wait to see where it would take them.

 

TBC