- Text Size +

Justin stepped back into the offices of Kinnetik, his pace unhurried. He didn't want to rush at Brian after all that had just occurred in the lobby of his own office. What a disaster that had been. He didn't think he had ever seen anyone so delusional in his life. It was without question that he understood Michael's hero worship of Brian. They had grown up together, and he was sure they had memories that had created a bond. However, that kind of friendship wasn't who they were today; at least, not from Michael's twisted point of view. In a small amount of time, which had seemed like hours, the atmosphere had taken a 360-degree turn. Getting back to the mood they had could be easier said than done.


Looking around, Justin frowned when he didn't see Brian in the lobby. Where had he gone? Brian had been the one urging him not to take long. Had something changed with him escorting Michael from the building? Justin emitted a low sigh of relief when Brian appeared from the hallway, apparently having gone to his office. "Is everything okay, Brian?"


Brian quirked an eyebrow. "Will anything ever be again?"


Justin scowled. This was precisely the mood he had hoped to circumvent. There was defeat in Brian's typically confident tone. He had never heard him sounding this depressed. Leaving no longer was a priority. He needed to get Brian back to the man he knew him to be, self-assured, always ready to take on anything and anyone. "Brian, stop it. The little prick wants to get inside your head. He knows you too well and probably realizes the guilt you would be feeling. You didn't do anything wrong. In fact, your patience is to be commended. I could have never managed the same."


Brian stopped until he was standing only a few feet from Justin, the weariness in his eyes not matching the smile he forcefully bestowed on the beautiful young man before him. He was quite amazed that Justin was showing such concern. They had a signed deal, and he had already more than agreed to bottom for him. He knew very little about Justin's former life, but he was fairly certain that these sort of expressions of softer emotions was something he typically did not do. "I appreciate your concern, Justin. This is something I need to work out on my own. Let's just suffice it to say, my actions here today will probably evoke a chain event of actions. I’ll be prepared for that... it's just a nuisance that is not how I live my life."


"I get that, Brian. I never for one moment thought this kind of drama was commonplace for you." Justin chuckled. "If I did, I doubt I would have just signed a million-dollar deal with your company."


Clicking his tongue, always amazed at how quickly Justin continued to respond, Brian teasingly asked, "Not even to enjoy the pleasure of getting your cock up my ass?"


Justin growled, still not taking a step closer. "Please don't torment me now, Brian. I am forcing myself to remember the heavy drama you have just endured here. I do not want to compound your confusion by pushing you during a more vulnerable time."


Brian laughed. "I would never have thought of you as being so self-sacrificing. Most men in your position would pounce on the first weakness shown. I'm not sure I wouldn't if our positions were reversed."


Staring at Brian for a long moment, Justin shook his head, certain when he answered, "I don't think you would. Your ego wouldn't allow it. Much like me, you perceive yourself as the ultimate predator. And... I don't doubt that you are that. If I wasn't equally as strong, if not more so, I would be tempted." Laughing at the spark of hope that glinted in Brian's eyes, Justin's voice became more firm when he spoke, "Not that tempted, Brian... and believe me when I say - you will attain tremendous pleasure in my bed. You will leave it both drained and satisfied."


"I guess we'll have to see." Brian's tone was even, giving no indication of how much he believed Justin's assertions to be true. Taking a deep breath, before releasing it just as quickly, Brian told him, "I don't believe in apologies. Sorry is bull shit no matter how you look at it. However, I am sorry that my personal business intruded into all we had going today."


Justin shrugged. "You don't need to apologize. That was an example of how life can unexpectedly happen. Sometimes things can be bad enough to change an ambiance so severely. There isn't a doubt this was one of those moments. I just have to wonder... is it too late to get it back? We can always plan for another day and time."


"No!" Brian immediately protested. "I don't want that; I just need some time to process all that happened. Putting a freeze on what we started only makes Michael and his madness win. That is the last thing I want."


"I'm glad to hear that..." Justin whispered, a sensual smile curving his lips. Actually, he had never been so relieved. It was amazing and alarming how much this man affected him. That thought continued to filter in and out of his mind. He had no basis for comparison. The very thought of not having this man was physically and mentally painful to him. Knowing that he would still end the day possessing this unbelievably hot man made him ache almost unbearably. He had to keep that need under control; at least, for now. Brian needed time. He would give him that. "Perhaps we can take the photos for the magazine cover. Pass the time a bit, like we originally planned." Justin moved closer, unable to resist. He ran his hand down the front of Brian's jacket, whispering in a soft and sultry tone, "I don't want your mind on anything except me when we arrive back at my hotel."


"Not to worry." Brian was quick to agree. He didn't have a single doubt about that. "If you are only half as seductive in bed as you are talking to me, working me to a fever pitch; I’m going to be out of my mind - hard and aching until you are inside of me..."


Justin's eyes went wild, glittering and savaging Brian in one hot, torrid glance. He swept his eyes up and down the man that he was starving to possess, lifting his hand to touch him, yet lowering it when it began to shake, knowing his control was rapidly slipping away. "We need to table this conversation, Brian. If we don't... my resolve will be damned, and I will fuck you here and now!"


Brian moaned, gradually feeling Michael's presence dissipating, and finding himself getting back into the mood of the things to come. "I don't think that would be such a bad thing... but I'm not sure the office would be optimal for all that I'm sure you have in mind."


"You have no idea..." Justin rasped. Clearing his throat, forcing himself to distance himself from this entirely too provocative man, he briefly closed his eyes trying to clear his mind, knowing it would be impossible to completely do so. "I'd like to take a photo in your office. The lighting is best there and it fits the image I want to present."


Nodding, Brian silently began to walk in the direction of his office, more than aware of Justin's eyes heavy and hot as they followed him. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he would be more than back in the mood before they left Kinnetik. Michael might not be a problem resolved... but he would be returning to the back of his mind, with this hot and dominant blond taking center stage. Brian decided it was a position that suited Justin Taylor. At this point, it was difficult to imagine Justin in any other way.




Michael stepped into his store, looking around and seeing nothing. He didn't know what to do. Should he follow Brian's advice and return to Pittsburgh? Was there truly nothing to salvage between him and Brian? He couldn't believe it. No. It was all the fault of that annoying little blond manipulator. Somehow, and in a short amount of time, Justin Taylor had Brian seeing things differently, especially in regard to him and their friendship. He just needed him gone. Once he was, everything would revert back.


Nodding to his part-time employee, he asked him, "How's it been going, Scott?"


"Fine, Mr. Novotny. We had a couple of big sales, but they have been slowly coming in since then."


"That's good." Michael looked at the time, seeing that Scott had another hour of his scheduled shift. "I'll be in my office for a bit; I have some orders to process. Just give me a yell if you need me."


"It should be fine... but thank you." Scott frowned at the curtness in Michael's voice. Something was wrong, but it wasn't his place to intrude. "Oh, by the way, your mom called while you were out. I didn't know how much she knew about your break-up with David, so I told her you were meeting a potential collector for lunch."


Michael whistled. "That was quick thinking, Scott. You really are an asset around here."


"I do try, Mr. Novotny." They both turned when the bell atop the door rang, the familiar face of Ted Schmidt rushing inside. "Hello, Mr. Schmidt..." Scott began, surprised when Ted uncharacteristically cut him off.


"Scott..." Ted didn't even spare Scott a glance, his eyes intent on Michael. "Uhhh, can we talk, Michael?"


Michael grimaced, realizing it would be about the scene in Brian's office. How much had Ted heard? Would he be a joke to both him and Emmett now? Another stone to throw at the meddling Justin Taylor. "I guess..." Michael mumbled. "Come back to my office."


The short walk to the small office was done in silence, for once a heavy awkwardness between them. He closed the door behind them, moving to sit behind his desk, unable to look another of his long-time friends in the eyes. "Listen, Ted. I know what you're thinking, and why you came over in the middle of the day." Michael frowned, accusation and then triumph shining in his eyes. "This is the middle of your work day. Brian sent you, didn't he? I knew he cared. He just wanted to make sure I was okay... especially after that annoying little twat dared to threaten me. I bet he's out on his ass right now."


Ted's jaw dropped down, disbelief leading to complete shock. Was Michael truly that delusional? "No Michael. Brian let me and Cynthia leave early. He has no idea you're here. And what threats? Also, regarding Justin Taylor, he just signed a million-dollar deal with Kinnetik. He isn't going anywhere."


"Why would Brian send both you and Cynthia home this early??" Michael's face darkened in a jealous rage. "Fucking little prick. He did it to be with him. B-but... Emmett said Justin is a top like Brian. You don't think??"


After seeing Brian interacting with Justin - secretly, he did think that could be about to happen - if it hadn't happened already. It was astounding, but Justin Taylor seemed to be something irresistible to Brian. "I couldn't say, Michael. It's none of my business... unless Brian cares to divulge it." Ted took a deep breath, nervous about what he came here to say, but becoming more worried about his friend each passing moment. "I'm really concerned, Michael. We've been friends for so long, and the things that I heard today were just irrational, and just not like you."


Michael snorted. "Perhaps you finally met the real Michael Novotny. I'm tired of being the faithful sidekick. I deserve to be happy too. And if throwing myself out there and creating some waves is what has to happen... then, that is exactly what I will do." Michael shook his head. Each time he thought about Justin, the more antagonistic he became. "I will just bide my time until that little asshole is gone. He won't last forever. None of them ever do.'


"I think you got this all wrong, Michael, and I also think you need to get yourself in check before you lose everything - if you haven't already." Ted looked at Michael intently, hoping he could get through to him. Right now, that didn't seem likely, though. Michael was totally wrapped up in his ridiculous fantasies. In the past he might have found Brian to share some portion of the blame in Michael's delusions, but after today, he knew Michael had a problem, one that needed to work itself out before consequences resulted. "Let me be honest, Michael. I heard everything that happened at Kinnetik. I also met with Justin in my office. He is not one to take shit from anyone. If Justin threatened you, I would listen. I don't get the feeling he makes idle threats."


"What can he do?" Michael yelled. "My store is paid for. Brian helped me with that... remember?" Michael's expression became all soft and dreamy. "Brian always rescues me. He won't let some trick, no matter how rich, come between him and his friends - long term. Mark my words, Ted." Michael's voice became louder, intent on showing complete belief in his assertions. "Brian was just telling me what he thought Justin wanted to hear. He didn't mean any of it."


"Do you hear what you're saying, Michael? Brian never does anything he doesn't want to do. If he pushed you aside, it was because that's what he felt he needed to do." Ted shook his head, suddenly accepting his visit here was a complete waste of time. "I shouldn't have come. Michael, please take this from a friend that cares about you. I think you should get some professional help. Some of your thought processes just aren't right. This fantasy is twisted and insane. It can only lead to your heartbreak and all those that care about you."


Eyes bulging, Michael spat out contemptuously, "Get out. You are supposed to be my friend and stick by me." Sneering, Michael accused, "You are another one sucking up to that kid because of his money. He won't last. I swear that. Brian will see through him and his little California ass will be tossed to the curb. I refuse to run back to Pittsburgh because they suggested it. My life is here... and in the end, Brian will see that too."


"Pittsburgh sounds like your best chance, Michael... and Deb would welcome it." Ted looked at Michael with sadness in his eyes. "I can't be involved in this any further. Brian is my friend too, and he's my boss. I am afraid you are heading for a great deal of pain... and I am really sorry knowing that."


Michael glared at Ted's hunched over and retreating back, swearing at the man that he now viewed as his former friend. He slammed the door behind Ted, deciding he was well rid of such an unloyal friend. "Fucking asshole. You don't know shit. Everything will work out for me. I just have to wait. Justin Taylor will move on, and Brian will see who has always been there for him."



 

 

Brian arched a brow as he continued posing much as he had for the past hour. "Taylor..." Brian drawled in mock exasperation.

 

Justin continued clicking the camera, telling Brian to turn to his left, then to his right... position his hands this way and that way, every expression giving way to an entirely new look. "Patience, Mr. Kinney. I only need a few more shots."

 

"I know I am a study of great beauty... but how many shots do you need to select one for your article?" Brian smirked, noticing how Justin briefly lowered the camera to look him over, pleased that once again, all of him had Justin's attention, and not just his face.

 

"It's quite true, Brian Kinney, you are a work of art; however, that isn't why I am being so precise. This is not only a feature article. This is the premiere edition of Metropolitan Man New York. Everything has to be perfect..." He began to raise the camera again, directing Brian to effect a different pose, having the feeling this would be the one selected.

 

"Whatever you say, Mr. Taylor. After all..." Brian's voice became smoky and hot, "you are the boss."

 

Justin clicked the camera several more times, before he lowered it, his eyes becoming heated on Brian's mouth. He licked his lips. The mood was back. He had felt it for most of their photo session. Pushing him down on the desk had been an almost irresistible temptation. "That I am." Justin turned off the camera, silent as he slipped the camera into its case, business now moving to the back of his mind. It was time to get back to the matter of their combined pleasure. He would give Brian another taste of that before they left Kinnetik. "I think that's enough work for today."


Now we're talking... Brian thought to himself. He had been waiting for this since that mind-numbing kiss they had shared before the untimely interruption. "Play time is another specialty of mine," Brian whispered, his eyes hot on Justin, yet he remained unmoving, but was devouring every inch of him from where he stood to watch.

 

"I can't wait to have you naked in my bed... or anywhere else in my suite that it pleases me to have you. I am going to do things to you that you have never contemplated having done to you. And when I'm done, you will be begging me to do it all over again." Justin thought about that for a moment, before giving a noncommittal shrug. "Maybe I will and maybe I won't. It just depends on how good you are..."

 

Brian swallowed. He thought he had a seductive way with words, but Justin, he was the definition of unadulterated sex. He might be even more skilled than him... and that was quite a feat. "I'm ready whenever you are. In fact, I am growing curious about your technique. Will it be the same as mine... or am I about to be taught something new and innovative?"

 

"You are about to find out." Justin walked over to Brian, his hand reaching out to clasp Brian's hand, pulling him hard against him, his hand clasping the back of Brian's neck, and his other hand remaining clasped with Brian's. "Remember what I told you earlier, Brian? Something about the next time I kissed you..."

 

Brian couldn't hold back the low growl that seemed to crawl out from the back of his throat. His voice a mere rasp, he muttered, "I remember..."

 

Justin didn't allow Brian time to think as he walked them backward, not stopping until Brian's legs hit the back of the desk. "This is going to be quick. I want you back at my suite so we can really play," Justin whispered against Brian's mouth. "I am going to release your hand, and when I do, you will reach behind you and grasp the edges of the desk. You will NOT touch yourself or me in any way at that time." Justin paused to run his tongue along Brian's upper lip. "Do you understand?"

 

A moan was Brian's immediate response. He had just learned something else about the hot little blond. A true dominant in every way. He hadn't realized that Justin was into this scene... and fuck, he would be lying if he didn't admit that the other man had just become that much hotter. "Yeah," Brian answered, his breath already quickening. "I understand perfectly."

 

"Very good. You are going to have so much pleasure tonight, Brian. As will I. Your submission to my will is the true prize; although, I am going to love being inside of you..." Justin released Brian's hand, not making a move until Brian obeyed his initial command. A sensual smile curved Justin's lips as Brian reached behind and grabbed the edges of the desk. He did this with Brian for two reasons. One, he wanted to further introduce Brian to the knowledge that he wasn't the one in control any longer, but that he had taken it. Much as he would be claiming him tonight. And secondly, he wanted Brian to come just from his kiss alone. As he recognized the feel of Brian's cock throbbing against his own, and the breathless quality in the other man, he knew it wouldn't take long.

 

Brian frowned. Submission. There was that word again. A word that had never been attributed to him. He found that it didn't matter any longer. If Justin wanted to dominate him, he wasn't going to stop him. In fact, just the thought of it made his dick so hard it hurt. He would think of all the ramifications tomorrow... but for tonight, he would be surrendering to this hot and irresistible man.

 

"Open your mouth," Justin demanded, his hands beginning to smooth up and down Brian's chest, pausing only to open his jacket to gain better access to Brian's nipples through his silk dress shirt. "Yes. That's it. I don't want to fight for it, Brian. I won't be fighting for anything now." Justin began to pinch Brian's nipples, his breath fanning against his parted lips. "Tell me why I won't be fighting for anything now. I know you have the answer."

 

Grunting, already feeling his cock leaking, Brian told him, "Because I agreed to submit to you."

 

It was Justin's turn to moan. Not just any moan. This moan was deep and elemental. He wanted to explore every erotic method of play with this man. He wasn't so sure he wouldn't do that in time. "That's right. I will be reminding you of that - all night long. I'm going to kiss you now, Brian. As I am kissing you, and playing with your nipples, just imagine my teeth biting at them, sucking them deep into my mouth as my cock slides in and out of your tight ass."

 

Brian wasn't given the opportunity to respond. In the next instant, Justin's mouth fully engulfed his own, the blond not having to chase his tongue for long before fully capturing it with his own. Justin hummed softly into Brian's mouth, his hands continuing to tug at the distended nipples. At first, he moved his mouth slowly over Brian's, before picking up in speed and intensity. Mouths began to move together, each doing their best to eat the other; however, one mouth effectively controlling the pace.

 

Justin's earlier prediction came true when the quivering in Brian's longer legs became more than apparent. Releasing his grip on Brian's nipples, Justin slid his hands down and around to Brian's ass, arching him tighter into him, at the same time, holding him in place. He wouldn't allow him to squirm free before releasing against him. Having Brian lose control in his arms was another form of eroticism to him... and he wanted that badly. Justin smiled against Brian's mouth as he felt the shakes that revealed Brian's release. He was going to be so responsive in bed, and he couldn't fucking wait. Justin opened his mouth widely over Brian's, hungrily drinking in his moans as he felt the spasms overtaking him; at this moment, thinking that nothing had ever been hotter than Brian coming as the result of his kiss.

 

Brian laughed as Justin pulled away, rolling his lips under before admitting, "You are every bit as good as you professed to be. Despite my initial reluctance, I think I will be the winner in this arrangement."

 

"We both will be, Brian." Justin walked to the office door, slinging his camera and laptop case over his shoulder. "I'm ready anytime you are." His eyes fluttered up and down as he took in the sight of the man that had been dominating nearly every waking thought since they had met. That single thought still troubled him. He barely knew this man, and yet, he felt so close to him. During that disastrous encounter with Brian's troubled stalker, he had even felt protective toward the older man. It was ridiculous really. Brian Kinney could take care of himself... but he kept finding himself wanting to take control in that way as well. Perhaps it was a matter of learning more personal details about Brian during the course of their short interview... or it was something that would balance out once he'd fucked him?

 

As they exited the building and slid into Brian's car, Justin had the unshakable feeling of impending change. Brian Kinney was an irresistible addiction. Until it was fully fed, he was caught in his own web.

 

TBC