- Text Size +

 

Sean moved in closer to Justin, his brow arching, a slight pout forming his lips. "Since when don't you greet me with a kiss?" He licked his lips, knowing how much that turned his lover on, nothing hotter to him as when Justin began to lose control. "It always leads to so much more..."

 

Justin averted his head, knowing the last thing he needed to do was to get something like that started, no matter how tempted he might be. Sean knew what he liked only too well. He might love Brian, but he was still a man that was a conqueror of men, and an ardent admirer of the male form. It was his job to enhance the attributes of men. He exploited that angle better than anyone. If Sean was a stranger that he had just encountered on the street, a coffee shop, a club, or anywhere else, he probably would fuck him... but this was Sean. Touching him even in the most casual of ways would lead to expectations from his sensitive former lover. He already knew he would be the cause of Sean's heartbreak, prolonging a physical connection wasn't in the younger man's best interest. "I invited you here to talk, Sean. We left so many things up in the air; I own the blame for that. I wasn't as tactful as I should have been. Now, much has changed and we need to discuss how those changes affect each of us."

 

"I don't blame you for that, Justin. After giving it a lot of thought, I realize I unfairly pressured you, and all because I was scared of losing you. Not to mention... jealous." Sean watched Justin's face for a reaction, not the least bit surprised when Justin displayed none. It was a tactic Justin had perfected so well. Others never knew where they stood with Justin until he wanted them to be aware. That was something that had never changed during these past few years. Right now, he wished that wasn't the case.

 

"To be fair, Sean, jealousy should have never been a factor in our relationship. We were not a couple. You were not exclusive to me, nor I to you. We enjoyed each other, and it was only supposed to be that. For some reason, you decided you wanted that to change after I left Los Angeles." Justin shook his head, wishing he could pinpoint the precise moment when Sean had become so emotionally attached to him. Had there been something he could have done differently? He wished there had been. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt Sean, even more, a man that had given him so many moments of immense pleasure. "Love was never part of the equation, Sean. And I really don't think what you feel for me is the type of love you believe it is."

 

Sean laughed; he shook his head in embarrassment. "I said and did too many things that last day, Justin. Everything was blown out of proportion. I just felt it all slipping away. No matter what tricks we picked up, separately or together, I had never seen you look at any of them as you did him." Sean swallowed with difficulty, still remembering the burning hunger in Justin's beautiful blue eyes, something far more intense than even the one he had been scorched by years ago. "I don't know if he ever told you, but I went to Brian Kinney before I left. I guess I wanted to see what was so special about him... and I wanted to have him first, even though, I knew it would be him fucking me."

 

His tone guarded, attempting to keep his level of interest low, Justin asked, "And how was he?"

 

"Amazing..." Sean grudgingly admitted. "He is an undisputed top; in fact, it's difficult to imagine him ever being anything else." Sean smiled admiringly at Justin. "Of course, I still prefer you more. It was a close race to call."

 

Justin snorted. "I'm not insecure about my skills, Sean, nor am I in competition with Brian." Anything but that, Justin thought. He had not only won the topping war, but he had also won Brian's heart - undoubtedly, the ultimate prize. "I do want to talk about Brian, though." Justin stood up, beginning to pace the floor, uncertain how one tells their ex-lover, a man he had spent years with, at least, in a certain capacity, that you had never loved him, but this man that you barely knew; although, a man you felt you had known for a lifetime, a man you felt had been created just for you, had effortlessly stolen your heart. How did he explain that to Sean? "The unexpected happened. It's still difficult for me to find the words."

 

Sean stood and walked over to where Justin now stood to look out the large window, the view of bustling Manhattan the most breathtaking of sights. "I'm confused, Justin. You are never at a loss for words, and you most definitely are never faced with the unexpected. In the few years that we've been together, I've never known you to be unprepared for anything - ever! What's going on?"

 

"That's the thing, Sean... and what you can't seem to understand. We are NOT together. Perhaps I even thought we were at one time, but now that I have a better grasp of human emotions, I know that wasn't what we had." He turned to look Sean in his eyes, knowing in a moment he would see pain displayed in them, but feeling fairly certain that was unavoidable. "We had a good thing, Sean. It was convenient, and I think we both derived a great deal of pleasure from it."

 

Sean blinked slowly, Justin's words slowly penetrating his psyche. "You said had. Are you dumping me, Justin? Or whatever it is we've been doing these past few years..."

 

"As we were never a proper couple, I can't dump you, break up with you, or whatever they call that sort of thing. I wouldn't know. It isn't how I live my life." Justin paused, knowing his voice was raised, the tension in him causing his stomach to tightly coil. "I'm not a fool, Sean. I know while I've been here, you've been out clubbing and living your life. That's what you should be doing. You are young, hot, and have so much to offer..."

 

"So much that you are tossing it and me aside..." Sean muttered, bitterness clearly discernible in his tone. "If our relationship is still casual like it always has been, why do we need to stop? I can't think of a reason... unless?"

 

"That's it exactly, Sean. I have been trying to say that something has changed for me. I have found someone that I care about - deeply. In fact, I love him. Whereas I don't know if we are moving into a monogamous relationship anytime soon, I know to continue fucking my former live-in lover whenever I get the urge, wouldn't be a healthy way to build this new relationship." Recognizing the shock, and then bewilderment that appeared on Sean's face, Justin found himself surprised at how well Sean seemed to be taking the news. This wasn't what he had expected, but perhaps they had both overreacted on their last meeting. "From this point on, all we can have is a business relationship."

 

Sean shook his head, unable to believe what he was hearing. It wasn't possible. Justin Taylor didn't do love. It was one of the things that had initially attracted him to Justin, outside of the photoshoot when Justin had come up behind him and totally rocked his world. "Brian Kinney. Fuck. I should have known. You succeeded where everyone else failed, and now you think you're in love with him. This is unbelievable Justin. Fucking unbelievable!"

 

Justin arched a brow, his eyes incredulous as he looked at his ex-lover. He could understand Sean being upset, but no one told him his own mind. No one even dared to do that. "I understand that you didn't come here expecting any of this; however, allow me to be very clear. Anything we had in the past is just that now. It's the past. I don't regret a single moment of it. In time, I hope you feel the same."

 

Tears began to materialize in Sean's eyes. He bit his lip trying to hold them in. "Justin, please don't do this. We can work something out. I won't demand much of your time... just don't close the door on us. Brian doesn't even have to know. Hell, you know I can be discreet. Look how much I have been these last few years..."

 

Moving closer, hoping to end this in the best of ways, and not with anger and bitterness, Justin reached out and cupped the side of Sean's face, smiling warmly and reassuringly. "You have been the best companion I could have ever asked for. The pleasure we enjoyed together was amazing. We connected in so many ways." Justin lowered his hand, his eyes remaining locked on ones that obviously searched for a sign of weakness. He knew that Sean would soon realize there was none to be found. "All but in one significant way. One I never thought to find. In fact, one I never thought I wanted. I found love with the most extraordinary man."

 

"So this is it, then..." Sean mused aloud. "I'm being dumped for a man probably fifteen years older than myself, and a man that will never appreciate you as much as I do. It's your life, though."

 

"You are wrong about Brian. He loves me." Justin was silent, many of his thoughts jumbled up in his mind. "I have no idea what happens next between me and Brian; I just know that I want to devote my attention entirely to him." Justin laughed. "Perhaps the impossible will happen and we'll both be content with monogamy."

 

Sean's eyes widened, he couldn't resist emitting his own laugh. "I don't know, Justin. Love or not, that is a far stretch. I think for both of you."

 

"You could be right." Justin's eyes moved around the room, his gaze idly resting on the clock on the mantle. Brian could arrive at any time now. He didn't have a timetable for Brian's arrival, but he knew he didn't want the awkwardness of a meeting between the two of them. "I don't mean to rush you along, Sean... but I have an article to finish and some plans for the evening."

 

"Oh right. Yeah, I have taken up too much of your time; I should be going." Sean frowned, wondering exactly where he should be going. "I guess I'll take a flight back to L.A. I need to start looking for my own place."

 

"There's no rush on that, Sean. I expect I'll be here for months setting up my offices and seeing that Metropolitan Man NY gets off to a good start. You can stay at my home for however long it takes you to find a nice place." Justin looked at him hesitantly for a long moment, surprising himself when he said, "I hope you don't hate me for this, Sean. I never planned for this to happen; in fact, it never occurred to me that it could. It just did."

 

Sean shrugged. "I don't hate you. I guess love happens that way. If it was planned then it wouldn't be spontaneous, and it wouldn't be real. I just hope you'll be happy. I only wish it could have been me."

 

"I can't say I regret it being Brian, but I do wish it could have been so you didn't have to get hurt. I never intended that." Justin leaned closer, brushing his lips lightly over Sean's, not making any attempt to deepen the kiss, realizing that was the last thing either of them needed. In his heart, and he thought probably Sean's as well, this was goodbye. "Take care, Sean."

 

A lump formed in Sean's throat, silent tears sliding down his face. He nodded and backed away, rushing to the door as if he couldn't get away fast enough. Opening it, and rushing to the elevator, he slipped inside, thankful it was vacant, knowing he would have very little time to compose himself before he was exiting through the lobby, and the hotel staff intruded upon his solitude. It was over. The moment he had feared would come when he left here the first time had now come, and in a way, he had never expected. Justin loved Brian Kinney. He wondered if the older man realized the incredible victory he had won. For some reason, he thought Brian probably did.

 


 

Justin sat back, admiring the finished copy of the premiere issue of Metropolitan Man NY. He couldn't wait to share it with the man who would be featuring this first edition. It had taken some deep concentration, and applied some pressure to his staff to make a preliminary copy, but now that it was here in his hands, all of the extra effort was more than worth it. Once this hit the newsstands, Brian's life would change. He only hoped Brian realized how much of an impact this article could have on him - both on a personal and business level. Justin frowned as he thought about that. Brian would be sought out by men and women alike. As much as that didn't worry him, he couldn't deny feeling a pang of an emotion he had very little experience with - jealousy. Attempting to shrug that feeling off, Justin told himself that it didn't matter how many men tried to get Brian's attention, as long as he was with him, and not any of them, everything would be perfect.

 

He thought about another word that had never been a part of his life in the past. Monogamy. Did he want that? Was he ready for that? And how would Brian feel about it? He realized they had so much to talk about, stemming from business, to pleasure, and to the more serious matter of their future relationship. As much as keeping his hands off of the gorgeous brunet would be torturous for him, and perhaps for Brian as well, he knew they had things to settle. Hopefully, they could start that tonight.

 

When the knock came to his door, Justin placed the magazine down on the table, standing to his feet, and proceeding to the door in an almost panther-like gait. He had been waiting for this moment all day. Now that it was finally here, he wasn't certain he could satisfy himself with talk, and not indulge his senses and body on the pleasure that only Brian effectively gave him. He opened the door, his eyes slightly flickering when he took in the provocative site of Brian leaning against the doorframe, his eyes smoky and hot, moving over every inch of him. In that instant, Justin's resolve for patience evaporated. Justin's eyes moved over the white shirt, halfway unbuttoned, the suit jacket and tie abandoned, with Brian's bare chest displayed. There wasn't a doubt in Justin's mind what his lover wanted, nor was there a doubt in his mind that he was going to give it to him.

 

 

"I believe you were expecting me, Mr. Taylor..." Brian drawled, lust as heavily transmitted through his voice as it was from the heat of his gaze.

 

Remaining silent, Justin grasped at the bottom of Brian's shirt, uncaring if he added even more to Brian's unkempt appearance. At this point, Justin hadn't found one look on this man that wasn't hot, and that didn't make him want to fuck him... but this wild and disheveled look that was the opposite of Brian's standard mode of dress brought out the savage in him. He wanted to see how much more he could mess him up. Justin licked his lips, knowing that was exactly what he was going to do. Reaching upward, Justin placed his hand around Brian's neck, slamming the door shut as he urgently pulled his head down to meet his lips. Justin's tongue immediately moved forward to take possession, his other hand deftly sliding into Brian's already unbuttoned pants, skillfully finding the coveted prize.

 

Brian's hands slid up to frame Justin's face in his hands, a moan escaping as his mouth was thoroughly taken, the blond's skill never ceased to amaze him. It wasn't the first time he had wondered if this was how his tricks felt when he kissed them... especially the ones in which he fully utilized his many talents. As Justin's mouth continued to map out and devour him, all thoughts of the past and any other kisses were completely wiped from his mind. A kiss that had only originated mere seconds ago already had his cock throbbing, and by the pulsing coming from the front of Justin's pants, he could tell Justin was feeling the same. "Fuck me..." Brian demanded, once Justin came up for air, his eyes hot and ardent on the beautiful blond.

 

Justin smiled, shaking his head. "My idea exactly..." he murmured; reaching into his back pocket he pulled out a condom and a packet of lube. "Turn around," Justin commanded. "Flatten your hands on the door. We won't make it any further..." After agonizing minutes of preparing his lover, Justin's cock was sheathed and moving inside, a low hiss ripping from his throat when he was fully inside. Brian was always so tight. He clenched around him like a hand squeezing him, molding to him for the ultimate fit. Beginning to pepper kisses along Brian's back, Justin pumped in and out of his lover, pulling almost the way out, before slamming back inside, his dick twitching at the needy pants tumbling freely from his lover's throat.

 

Unable to believe the pleasure he still derived from this arrogant blond's possession, Brian pushed back against him, grunting his pleasure. "So good, Justin... and exactly what I needed."

 

Running his hands up and down Brian's chest, he moved one to begin tugging at Brian's distended cock. "I'll always give you what you need, Brian." His voice became heavier and thick with intent. "I am what you need... now and always." When Brian moaned in response, his cock leaking into Justin's palm, Justin increased his pace, not stopping until they were both cumming. "I love you, Brian..." Justin whispered, his lips touching every bit of exposed skin he could reach. In the aftermath, Justin rested his forehead against the top of Brian's back, the fast and furious pace taking his breath away. Even though it was the last thing he wanted to do, he separated from his all too tempting lover, staring at him in mock reproach when Brian turned around to look at him. "This wasn't how I planned on us getting started, but perhaps it was a good idea to take the edge off."

 

Brian rolled his lips under, moving his arms to spread them wide open. "Well then, carry on, Taylor. I am all yours for the rest of the evening."

 

"For the evening?" Justin repeated. His gaze was all-knowing and brimming with confidence. "Not even close, Mr. Kinney. I think for much longer than that..."

 

TBC