- Text Size +

 

They looked into each other's eyes for a long, silent moment, each of them obviously having so much on their mind. Their quick and frenzied coupling had achieved the desired effect. The edge had been taken off... at least, temporarily. The passion between them always came to life so quickly. It was never far from reach. For now, they needed to take advantage of the downtime, and get something productive accomplished. That was clear to each of them.

 

"Have a seat, Brian. I'll get us some drinks." Justin motioned to the large, rectangular table in the center of the room. "I just received a rushed copy from the printer. Have a look and let me know what you think..."

 

Brian's eyes widened in surprise. "Wow, you do work quickly. I expected you would have a rough draft... but not a completed piece."

 

Justin began pouring two full glasses of whiskey, replacing the cap back on the bottle, he brought them back over to where Brian was sitting. He handed the one glass to Brian, making sure to leave a bit of space between them on the long sofa; for now, determined to stick to business and any other matters they needed to discuss. "You should know by now that I am a man of action..."

 

Taking the drink, Brian murmured his thanks, before Justin's words momentarily distracted him. "I guess I do." Brian couldn't help laughing at the double entendre. Brian took a long drink of the burning liquor, an appreciative sigh slipping through at the quality of the whiskey. He wouldn't expect anything less with it coming from the bar of Justin Taylor. He sat the glass down, reaching out for the magazine, his eyes focused on the cover for several moments. "That's an eye-catching cover, Justin... and I don't say that simply because it has my picture on it." Brian glanced Justin's way, quickly intercepting the mockery on the blond's face. Fuck, he already knew him so well. "Okay, to be honest, it was a simple task with such perfection as a model..."

 

Justin laughed delightedly. He loved Brian's arrogance. In fact, he loved everything about him. "I think I finally figured out why I couldn't resist you, Brian Kinney. To be more exact - why I fell in love with you and none of the others previously."

 

"My devilishly handsome good looks?" Brian asked, tongue-in-cheek. He looked at the blond in slight surprise. Saying those three little words that were so foreign to both of them, seemed to be coming much easier to Justin than he would have ever expected. Justin had been closed off to all forms of emotion. They had basically lived by the same creed - fucking without the emotional bullshit that only clouds the judgment, and on most fronts turned out to be a lie. Of course, that had all changed when he realized he loved the persistent little fucker. Yet, he wasn't certain he would ever be as comfortable speaking the words as Justin seemed to be. He knew that would probably need to be addressed soon.

 

"That's only a part of it, stud; actually, it's because we are just so much alike.  And yes, I can call you that since I have been told all about your great prowess as a respected top." At Brian's confused look, Justin explained, "Sean arrived in town today. Actually, I invited him. We never had proper closure. I thought I owed him that much, and to do so face to face."

 

"I see." He really didn't see. That was just something people said to mask what they were really feeling. Fuck! Why did the thought of Justin's ex-boyfriend being here bother him so much? They had said they loved each other, but what exactly did that mean? As far as he knew, nothing else had changed. There had been no commitments made, no promises of exclusivity. Brian nearly shuddered. Monogamy? He didn't think he was ready for that. The very idea that he would never fuck another man was unfathomable to him - most especially since the man he loved was an uncompromising top. There was so much to work out. The newness of it all made him wonder where to even start.

 

"Brian, don't sound like that. Sean and I have been over shortly after I met you. I didn't see it immediately, but my desire for him fizzled almost immediately. He was never really my boyfriend like the media, and so many other people liked to refer to him as being. Sean was a convenience, and I know how callous that sounds." Justin looked closely at Brian, trying to gauge his every reaction, in this instance, he hated how much he and Brian were alike - he couldn't read his thoughts at all. "When Sean left here, I knew he had the hopes that everything would go back to normal one day. I think he thought I would get something started with you, then, go back to the known and familiar. Him. In the past, I always went back to him. He's hot, convenient, and fucking up for anything in bed. A nameless trick could never compete with that."

 

Nodding, hating how his guts twisted when Justin praised Sean's attributes, Brian told him, "I'm surprised you didn't keep him around. I fucked him; I know he's good. He has an ass that is made to be taken - over and over again."

 

"I don't argue that. He is a phenomenal fuck; however, he isn't who I want." Justin slid closer to Brian on the couch, his hand moving to rest on Brian's leg, in a soothing motion, he began smoothing it up and down, not a sexual touch... but one of comfort. "I know we didn't speak of an exclusive relationship. I think I'm ready for that; although, I am not positive. I've never had one, so even just the idea is new to me. All I know is that I want you more than any man I've ever had. I think about you when I wake up, and you're the last thought before I go to sleep." Justin stilled his hand, squeezing Brian's knee lightly, unable to give up even the simplest of touches. "You complete me, Brian Kinney, and in every way."

 

"As much as I hate to say this, I think we need to take a step back." Brian turned his head to look at Justin's face, grimacing when he viewed a mixture of confusion and hurt on his face. "Don't take this the wrong way, Justin. I meant what I said to you back in my office, but the reality of it is overwhelming, and it changes not only our relationship but life as well."

 

Pulling his hand back, Justin nodded, no matter how much he wanted to keep rushing in, he knew Brian was right. This was new and life-changing for both of them. They needed to take their time. "This is new to me too, Brian. I think in a way, we've led similar lives. For me, it would be a smoother transition... but for you, a renowned top in your own right, I know you must have reservations."

 

"It's not only that, Justin, but yes that is a consideration." Brian frowned as he thought of what monogamy with Justin would mean. He wasn't sure he could do that. "If I am to be honest, and I always want to be that with you, I'm not sure if I can be in an exclusive relationship with you."

 

"The emphasis on ‘me' being the fact that I don't bottom..." Justin concurred, both of them knowing this to be an issue of grandiose proportions. And Justin couldn't dispute the issue. Brian had been a much sought-after top long before his arrival in New York. He had seen Brian in action. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Brian's skills were immense, and that he loved that control just as he did. It was a point that he didn't think could be negotiated... and if not, where did that leave them?

 

"Justin, I'm going to speak bluntly. You're going to discover that's just my way." Brian turned his body to fully face the blond, his eyes trying to decipher Justin's every expression. "I love fucking. When I am balls deep in a trick, I get a high unlike any other feeling. I crave the control. And that's something I know you understand. It has nothing to do with the man I'm fucking. Once I'm finished with him - it's done. The only afterthought I have of them is whether or not they were any good. If a lot of time passes, sometimes I don't even remember that. I don't take their names, and numbers are never exchanged. I could endlessly go on about what I don't do regarding my tricks, the biggest rule of all being - I never fuck the same man more than once."

 

A slow smile crossed Justin's lips. "I kind of thought so. And I am fine with that. Knowing that I have your heart, I can live with you having tricks. At least for now. I think it's too soon to talk about monogamy. We are both new to these feelings. It's going to take time to know what we can or can't do."

 

Brian looked down, gnawing lightly on his bottom lip, hesitant to bring up the subject, but until he did, knowing it would continue to eat away at him. "I wasn't going to mention this, but in light of the changes between us, I really need to ask."

 

"You can ask me anything..." Justin told him, his tone patient, and his eyes completely attentive to his beautiful lover.

 

"Okay." Brian took a deep breath. "Regarding me, is there no chance that you will ever bottom for me? I don't mean on a regular basis, but fuck Justin, I can't tell you how much I want to fuck you, and it would solidify our relationship more."

 

Justin sighed. He knew this was going to come up again, especially now. How did he answer? It was something he always viewed as impossible, and perhaps still did. "I want you to understand this, Brian. It is always assumed that I was the victim of some horrific crime. That's the first thing anyone thinks when a gay man refuses to bottom for anyone. I started out as a paid escort - very few people know that. I moved into modeling quickly; and then, I made my fortune. I invested wisely, and the rest is history. While I was an escort, I did make some money on the side, but I never let any of them fuck me. I fucked them, and I started to crave that power and total dominance I had. The clients were actually my bosses, but I was dominating them. They begged for the pleasure I could give them. Again and again, they asked for me... and that was why. I was fucking good at it. They loved it. Not only did they love it, but I loved it too much. It became an addiction. I vowed then that I would never give up that control. As you know, it is euphoric."

 

Realizing Justin hadn't answered his question, Brian asked another, uncertain if his dick that was so hungry for this man could handle the answer if it turned out to be the one he suspected. "Have you ever been fucked, Justin?"

 

Justin stood up; shaking his head, he walked toward the large window that overlooked Manhattan. He should have expected the question... but he hadn't. Broodingly, he stared out at the darkening sky, his mood now more somber. When he heard the sound of Brian standing up from the couch, his pants causing his slacks to slightly rustle as he walked, Justin began to worry. Fuck, he was never off balance and unsure... but he was now. To this point, he had been the dominant predator in the relationship. Once Brian learned the truth, would the tables be turned? He was the seducer, not the one to be seduced. Would Brian hunt him with the intensity he had hunted Brian? And if he did, how would he respond?

 

Brian quirked a brow as he approached Justin from behind. He licked his lips. And what a behind it was. He lifted his hand, trailing a fingertip down the center of Justin's back, careful not to venture too low, afraid the hesitant blond would jump in sheer fright. His instincts rarely failed him, and they were screaming loud and clear now. The enormously confident Justin Taylor was a virgin bottom. This was amazing. For the first time, he felt a glimmer of hope in his future success. He loved Justin, and Justin loved him. It was time that a balance was reached.

 

When Justin swore, Brian released a sexy, predatory laugh. He leaned forward, pressing his body against Justin's.  Brian's voice was low and sensually erotic when he breathed the words in Justin's ear. "Perhaps the games aren't quite over yet, lover."

 

TBC