- Text Size +

 

One Week Later

 

Justin Taylor was miserable. He was more than aware of the source of his discontent. Brian Kinney. As much as he had professed to Brian that he was ‘okay' with what he needed to do, the knots that continued to twist in his stomach, and his aching chest, told him a different story. He couldn't get Brian off of his mind. As the past few days had progressed, leading into now a week, a steady ache had begun to persist. Even more than that, though, he just needed to hear from Brian, in his own unique fashion, that they would be okay. Brian could trick as much as he wanted if he just knew that, and that Justin would have some of his time too.

 

His biggest fear was quite simple. What if Brian had merely been caught up in the moment, and returned a sentiment that he didn't truly feel? Justin knew he would be devastated. Glaring at the computer screen in front of him, not seeing any of the images of various photoshoots that he had been attempting to smooth out, Justin could only think of one thing. He needed to see Brian. Justin ran a hand through his hair, continuing to scowl at nothing in particular. The helplessness was what he hated the most. That and the inability of not knowing what he should do next. He didn't have a fucking clue.

 

It was nearing four o'clock in the afternoon, with Justin drilling holes into the clock on his desk, not to mention the larger one decorating his wall, in addition to the one in the lower right corner of his Apple computer. No matter how much he had to do, and what he had accomplished over the past week, the bottom line was quite simple. He missed Brian. They had barely spoken during the past seven days. Justin had elected to give Brian the space he needed. What hurt the most, was that Brian hadn't reached out to him, other than to answer his phone calls. Justin stared at the phone on his desk, in his newly finished office, debating on calling him again. Biting his lip hesitantly, he pulled back his hand that started to reach for the handset. No. That wouldn't be giving Brian adequate space. If things were going to progress, leading to them working on and building a relationship, he needed to give Brian the time he clearly needed.

 

Time for what exactly? That was what he wasn't quite clear on. He understood and accepted that Brian was a predominant top. In fact, he was quite certain that Brian never deviated from that, at least, not before him. He knew Brian hadn't been a virgin bottom, unlike himself, but he also realized that very few men had been afforded the pleasure that Brian had so willingly given him. Precisely where did they go from here? Monogamy was out of the question. It wasn't fair to Brian, and he knew the older man had determined that as well before they had parted a long week ago. Despite the knowledge that Brian was going to seek to get those needs met, which Justin knew Brian would have no trouble accomplishing, he still expected him to make time for him... for them. That hadn't been the case.

 

Unable to tolerate the silence a moment longer, Justin picked up his iPhone, deciding that a non-committal message was more than in order. He didn't like the fact that it didn't feel as personal as being face to face, or even speaking on the phone, but should rejection be the result of the contact, it would be much easier to handle alone than in Brian's presence.

 

Hey, Brian. I had a messenger deliver a copy of the premiere issue of Metropolitan Man NY to Kinnetik. I hope you received it. If not, let me know and I'll get another one to you.

 

Justin's eyes widened when almost immediately he saw the dots that indicated his iMessage had been received, and a response was instantly being written.

 

B: Got it. Thanks. I guess I forgot it the other night. Reads great, Justin. Hell, if I didn't know me, I'd want to meet me after reading it.

 

J: Haha. You are such a comedian, Kinney. Glad you liked it. I'm moving for it to hit the stands next week.

 

B: So soon? Are you set up for business then?

 

J: Close enough to get started. My PA arrived this morning. Fortunately, I am well-staffed in L.A., and she was excited about the change in scenery.

 

B: She? I'm relieved to hear that. I was afraid I had another ex-boyfriend and staff member to compete with.

 

Justin paused, his eyes staring at the text. Surely Brian didn't believe that he had anything to worry about. If so, he could simply resolve that - face to face.

 

J: I would hope you know that you have no competition, Brian.

 

Justin looked at the bright screen, uncertain of how personal he wanted to be in this context. Keeping things casual and on a business footing might be best in saving himself from any unwanted humiliation, but it wouldn't move them forward. More than anything, that's what he wanted them to do.

 

B: Listen, I have a client arriving soon. I've been meaning to call you. I've just been busy.

 

J: I won't keep you, Brian. I know you are busy, and I've taken you away from your clients a lot recently. I was hoping I could see you.

 

B: Sure. I'm going to be at the office late tonight. I have some deadlines to meet. Do you want to meet me at Babylon later?

 

Justin swallowed. Babylon... later. Was he ready to see Brian hunting and capturing his newest flavor? He knew if they were going to move past this, whatever this was, he had to see Brian in his natural habitat, being who he was to the rest of the world, hopeful he wouldn't be overcome with jealousy. It was a foreign emotion to him; that is, it had been - before Brian. Now, he had to find a way to deal with it, and work around it. Keeping Brian was the most important thing of all.

 

J: Yeah. I can be there. See you then.

 

B: Later.

 

Justin ended the chat only feeling slightly relieved. Brian didn't seem to be avoiding him. Perhaps he had just been busy with work. But after all the intensity at the beginning of their relationship, couldn't Brian have spared the man he professed to love a simple phone call? Something still didn't feel right. He hoped that going to Babylon tonight didn't end in heartbreak. He wasn't sure how he would handle it. Being such a novice regarding human emotions, it was easy to understand why he had always wanted to stay so separated from such sentiment. However, his aloofness had been in vain. When love wants to find you, there is simply no escape.

 

One way or another, he would work this out with Brian. It had only been three days, and yet, it felt like a lifetime.

 


 

Brian stared at his phone as he waited for the arrival of his last appointment of the day. Actually, his client had arrived, but he had Cynthia keeping him occupied while he chatted with Justin. He felt like a virtual shit at the moment, and he wasn't sure how to resolve it. It was true, he had been exceptionally busy with work the past several days, but not to the point where he couldn't have seen Justin in the evenings. He had closed Babylon every night. Perhaps in the back of his mind, he had hoped Justin would show up, but other than a couple of phone calls, Justin had kept to his word. He was giving him space.

 

Space. That was really a joke when he thought about it. Sure, everything had moved fast, but he knew what he wanted. He loved Justin Taylor, but he burned to possess him almost as much. He feared he would never have that. As much as he might have originally rebelled against the idea of monogamy, he couldn't rule it out entirely. That was if one variable changed. He had to be able to fuck Justin. The past few nights he had gone to sleep visualizing all the ways he wanted to fuck him. He would give him the most intense pleasure; Justin had no idea of how he could push a man over the edge, and without the man knowing he was being schooled. Perhaps Justin would know since he was such a skilled top, but then again, maybe not. Justin had fucked him multiple times. Brian knew his lover's techniques. He had marveled at his skills at the time... but he wasn't Brian Kinney, with added years of experience.

 

The fact that Justin reached out to him again today could be encouraging. There had been next to no contact between them, and he was sure that was because he had urged Justin they needed to take a step back. He had meant it at the time. There was so much to think about. The admissions they had made to each other changed everything... and he was certain Justin knew that as well. He had promised Justin not to push him further, at least, not until Justin gave him an indication he wanted that. That was another reason why he had kept his distance. If he was gifted with a divine opportunity where he could corner the hot little blond, he doubted he could hold back from unleashing all of his skills of seduction on the semi-resistant man. No matter how their previous encounter had ended, Brian knew without a doubt that Justin had been wavering. Justin Taylor, the most devout top he had ever met had been tempted... and he was certain that temptation had only been in regard to him. Ever.

 

Even now, Justin could be thinking about the possibility, and what it would mean for their future. Brian smiled, a plan began to form in the back of his mind, although he realized he would be slightly dishonest in any pursuit toward his ultimate goal, whether he made Justin think he initiated it or not. In a way, Justin had invited it. He had asked to see him, and they would be meeting at Babylon tonight. His domain, where he reigned supreme. Justin knew that. Whether it be deceptive or not, Brian knew exactly how to stack a deck, and how to get his prey, even the hesitant, to succumb to his will. Perhaps it was time to turn the tables on the beautiful blond, and in the end, make Justin beg for his possession.

 

Brian wasn't taking anything for granted. After getting to know Justin, and seeing him in action, he knew the odds were slim that he would ever bottom, but still, now that he could think back on their last meeting and see it more clearly, and not be caught up in the feelings of disappointment and rejection, he knew that a change could be more forthcoming.

 

He was Brian Kinney, and he played the game better than anyone. Justin might be better than most, but he was the predominant master of seduction. The beautiful blond would learn that lesson, as had so many other men. The stakes were high tonight, with him determined to achieve his heart's desire. Only then could they have a true future together.

 

TBC