- Text Size +

 

 

Justin looked out at the stunning riverside view, his eyes captured by the lights of the Brooklyn Bridge shining high above him, and off in the other direction, the beacon of hope with her torch blazing, The Statue of Liberty. The setting was perfect; however, something just wasn't right with it. This wasn't them. In no possible reality could the romanticism of this beautiful and intimate locale ever belong to them. This table that was centered in one of the most spectacular views in the world simply felt like too much. It was heterosexual heaven all around them. As much as he was enjoying the view, in particular, being here with Brian, he was a realist. Some aspects of tonight had been a mistake, as had been his expectations. 

 

He looked up, not the least bit surprised to find Brian watching him intently, a hint of disappointment in the older man's eyes. Brian actually sensed his discord? How was that even possible? Silent as Brian took a slow sip of the chilled wine before him, Justin opened his mouth to speak, suddenly finding himself unable to form words that just wouldn't come to him. Reaching for his glass, he took a much longer drink than Brian had, hoping he would gain some liquid courage for beginning what would undoubtedly be an awkward conversation.

 

Tension now existed between the two of them, where there had been none back in Brian's office. He wasn't sure when it had fully appeared. The drive here had been silent. At the time, he had surmised they had each been caught up in the events back at Brian's office, and his surprising offer to his hot lover. Everything he had expressed had been true. He did want to explore everything with this incredible man that he knew he loved and valued above any other man ever, but as the evening had progressed, and he became surrounded by an atmosphere that he had never attributed to himself, his doubts began to develop about the longevity of their relationship. "B-Brian..." Justin started hesitantly, full of uncertainty about how he wanted to start this. They had just finished their salads, with their dinner soon to be served. He wasn't sure now was the time to start this... but if not now, when?

 

"There's no need to say anything, Justin." A half-smile passed over Brian's lips. "You've changed your mind. It's not the end of the world. I actually expected it."

 

"I wouldn't say that exactly; however, I am having doubts that I had realistic expectations. All in all, merely having them makes me feel like a fool." Justin took another drink, silent for a moment while Brian did the same. "It's this place, Brian. It just made me realize that this would never be us. This kind of normalcy and regularity will never work for men like us."

 

Brian nodded, not the least bit surprised that something as simple as a restaurant setting would cause Justin to delve deeper into his choice, and how that choice could signify an even deeper problem. "I am guilty of pushing you into seeing some truths that I think you lost sight of when your feelings for me changed. Although I am ignorant of most things that are attributed to more tender emotions, I do know they can cloud both your mind, as well as your judgment." Brian smiled warmly at the younger man, realizing in this they had so much in common. "I'm sure we will learn the nuances together. That is if that's what you want."

 

"If?" Justin asked. "I believe I just offered my ass up for your use, Mr. Kinney. That in itself means I am in this for the duration..." Justin laughed, as a hint of arrogance flashed across Brian's face. "I don't approach such a decision lightly; although, I do have to give you your due and admit that perhaps you are extremely skilled in convincing me of the benefits of that choice."

 

"Perhaps?" Brian repeated cockily. "You are about to find out in a very short amount of time..." Brian had to enforce patience upon himself as he glimpsed that familiar flicker of wanting to shine in Justin's eyes. It was a look he had become accustomed to in the hot and extremely passionate blond... but not when it was derived from the realization that he would be the one bottoming. The fact that Justin wanted him so much made him ache even more than he ever thought possible. If this wasn't Justin's first time, he would have already pulled him into the washroom to take the edge off. If Justin continued looking at him with those needful, hungry gazes, he wasn't sure he would hold out for the duration. "Justin..." Brian warned him.

 

Blinking his eyes, a smile of sublime innocence on his face, Justin queried, "Is there a problem, Brian?" Provocatively, Justin swept his tongue along his lips, smirking when Brian reached for his drink, but not before he heard the barely decipherable curses falling from his mouth. His eyes noticed their waiter carrying a tray that held their dinners, finding himself glad for the interruption. He loved teasing this man into a fever pitch of desire for him... but they needed to finish dinner so they could move to the next part of the evening. The part that he had never thought he could ever anticipate so much, but right now, finding that he desired it more than anything else. "It appears you get a reprieve from my teasing, stud."

 

A look of confusion entered Brian's eyes before he shook his head when the waiter almost miraculously appeared before him with steaming dishes being placed in front of them. Fuck! He was the one in charge tonight, and this younger man - both in experience and in years, constantly had him off of his game. Again! Would he never regulate that?

 

They were both silent, eyes more hot and hungry on each other than the perfectly prepared entrees, as the attentive waiter delivered their food, only leaving when Brian curtly ordered him to move along. Justin arched a reproving brow. "That wasn't very kind, Brian. Especially since he was being so attentive..."

 

"I'm not interested in catering to his blatant pursuit of a generous gratuity." Brian shrugged his shoulders, before slicing into the perfectly cooked smoked salmon. He took a single bite, chewing it slowly, before swallowing and returning his gaze to the amused blond that was already enjoying his thick prime rib. "As long as he serves me well, he will be rewarded."

 

"I have no doubt..." Justin agreed about that, knowing they held the same philosophy. Good service was always rewarded. It wasn't as easy to find as one would expect, and when it was, it needed to be appreciated. Slowly, Justin savored the fine cut of beef, readily admitting that Brian had made an excellent choice for dinner. Whereas the setting and overall feel were too over the top for them, the food was first-rate. "The food is excellent, Brian. I couldn't have chosen better."

 

Inclining his head, Brian told him, "I have become an expert over the past few years in fine dining in the city. I've had to wine and dine a fair share of clients. It's always beneficial to know what appeals to different types." Brian was relieved that Justin had backed away from his typical seductive behavior; although knowing this man, it could reappear unexpectedly. He was sure that Justin was in the same frame of mind as him... getting through dinner and moving on to the next part of the evening that weighed heavily on both of their minds.

 

"Indeed it is." As Justin agreed, his mind reflected on business, all at once, his bizarre business deal coming to mind. He had been so caught up in his feelings, and everything being near Brian did to him, that he had momentarily forgotten about the comic book store. He needed to divulge the truth of it to Brian. Not only did he want total honesty between them, but he also didn't want it to come back and bite him in the ass later. He wouldn't be at all surprised if Michael somehow discovered his involvement. He didn't really care if he did... but he didn't want it to cause a rift between him and Brian. "Since we're having dinner, and trying to keep our minds off more personal matters..." Justin could see no reason not to state the obvious. It was clear they were both trying to distract themselves from the burning desire that consumed them both equally. "I need to tell you about a business acquisition I made today, and why I did it. I am hoping you will understand..."

 

"Hold on there, Taylor." Brian interrupted, uncertain how any business deal of Justin's would affect him. "Why would a business deal upset me? Are you featuring one of Kinnetik's competitors?" Brian scoffed. "Not that I have any viable ones..."

 

Justin emitted a husky laugh. His eyes flashed fire as he looked at Brian. "Your confidence is such a turn-on, Brian Kinney. It makes me almost forget that our roles are reversed tonight and that I won't be ending the evening by fucking you..."

 

Brian moaned. Fuck. In the middle of a restaurant, Justin had his dick twitching. This dinner couldn't end soon enough. "I never said you wouldn't end it that way, Taylor. Perhaps you will get your chance once I'm finished with you." Brian continued to eat, forcing himself to stay on task, and not rush at the younger man like a raging bull. "Of course, that is - if you aren't totally exhausted already."

 

"I can't wait to find out if I can match, and outlast your stamina." Justin licked his lips. "I am younger; I kind of think I can."

 

A low curse slid through Brian's lips. "Smart-mouthed little fucker." His voice deliberately became lower; no matter how much it could embarrass the blond if he was overheard, he didn't want anyone intruding on their night, whether indirectly or not. "Let's get back to your story, Taylor. If not, I am going to drag you out of here before you've eaten even half of your steak."

 

"Well, Brian... this steak is juicy and delicious, but you know that I'd much rather be eating you..." Justin took another bite, his eyes lifting to see if his provocation had hit the mark. As he saw the twitch in Brian's cheek, his face quickly becoming darker, and his eyes shimmering in unfulfilled lust, Justin realized he had more than succeeded. "Okay, stud. I'll behave... for now."

 

"I would appreciate that..." Brian groused, forcing himself to concentrate on his meal, and not the man he wanted almost beyond bearing. Thankfully, dinner was nearly over, and he had his answers. Justin truly wanted this. Before he took him, Justin would want him every bit as much as he wanted him. Looking up from his meal, Brian's thoughts froze when he saw a look of slight anxiety on Justin's face. Whatever was troubling him, they needed to resolve it now. Once they left here and arrived back at his penthouse, there would be no distractions. "What is it, Justin?"

 

Laying his fork down, Justin pushed away his plate of half-eaten food, finding his appetite suddenly non-existent. That in itself was a sign that he was nervous. For the first time, he really started to worry how Brian would react to what he had done earlier today. If it ended up ruining their evening together, Justin knew he would be devastated. "I made a choice today. Some would call it meddling where I don't belong, but I call it an act of goodwill toward all of us. It's about Michael's store."

 

"The comic store?" Brian snorted. "I haven't heard of any businesses going up in flames today."

 

Justin scowled. "Not funny, Brian. Even I wouldn't go that far..."

 

Brian pierced Justin with a hard, intense look. "What have you done, hotshot?"

 

"I bought the store for his asking price, with an added bonus for immediate departure." Justin watched Brian closely for a moment, trying to gauge his every reaction. He was slightly surprised when he thought he viewed a hint of mirth in the older man's eyes, even though his face appeared blank and emotionless. "I know it may appear like I was interfering... but I did it with good intentions, not to mention wanting to see this over - for you and me."

 

Rolling his lips under, Brian responded with a non-committal, "I see."

 

"Do you see, Brian? Really?" Justin demanded to know. As much as he realized he could have overstepped here, he wasn't about to apologize for it. No matter how much Brian viewed it as intrusive, not to mention - controlling, he believed action needed to be taken. "Let's be realistic here. Comic book stores aren't in great demand... especially at his ridiculous asking price. I did all of us a favor, Michael included. And let's face it, Michael would have stalled around until the store was sold. I doubt that would have been anytime soon."

 

"I'm not arguing that, Justin. However, it wasn't your place to do that." When Justin opened his mouth to protest, Brian added, "I know he had plotted to destroy your life. I can see where you would want him neutralized, and more than that - gone, but did you stop to think that giving him that kind of money may have just empowered him? There is no guarantee that he will hop on the next plane to Pittsburgh. He could go anywhere now... even stay here."

 

Justin shrugged. "I considered that, but I know when a man accepts defeat. That last meeting you had with him, after looking back on it, I really believe he's given up. Of course, that could just be wishful thinking... but I am a practical man. And before you ask, I didn't blatantly do it under my name. I have a long list of holding companies."

 

"I'm sure he could discover it should he go to the trouble, but I don't see him bothering with it. He's not one to look past what's right in front of him. His mother is expecting him, so I think he will go to Pittsburgh. Whether or not he stays, or seeks the help he obviously needs - that's a completely different matter." Brian frowned, suddenly remembering he had his own secret regarding handling Michael. "You haven't acted alone here, Justin."

 

"What do you mean?" Justin asked while taking a sip of the now much warmer wine, a temperature much more to his liking than the chilled bottle that had been initially served.

 

"When I called Debbie and told her about Michael, I offered my services financially for his therapy. I knew it wasn't something she could undertake, and I had no way of knowing the comic book store would be sold at that time. Realistically, I think the store could have been on the market for a long time to come. As you said, the demand isn't that great." As much as he realized that Justin had overstepped here, he really couldn't fault him for his actions. Michael had plotted with extremely dangerous men against Justin. He had every reason to want him gone. Justin had been more than lenient with Michael throughout this entire ordeal. Perhaps now, Michael would start over elsewhere, and he hoped, with a more healthy mental outlook.

 

Biting his bottom lip, Justin looked at Brian with questions in his eyes, unable to wait as Brian continued to process this information, as well as his thoughts, before he blurted out, "You're not mad at me?"

 

"I'm not mad at you, Justin." Brian shook his head, laughing, despite knowing he should be giving the meddling young man a stern lecture... but found he just couldn't do it. "In the future, should anything like this ever come up again, I'd prefer it if you discussed it with me first. Perhaps we could come up with alternative measures."

 

"Okay..." Justin grinned sheepishly. "I'm not used to having someone help me make a decision. It's always fallen directly on me."

 

"Duly noted, and much the same for me." Brian quirked an eyebrow, looking down at their half-eaten meals, knowing he had no desire to finish his either. "Are you done eating, Justin?" Brian asked, the hunger once again returning to his eyes.

 

Justin nodded, his breath momentarily catching at the unhidden desire shimmering in Brian's eyes. Now that dinner was apparently at an end, Brian was feeling more comfortable with giving in to his more primal feelings. He wondered how much Brian would manage to touch him on the way back to his penthouse. He knew in his position, he would be determined to make the other man aware of him, and craving his possession. Brian wouldn't need to work very hard at that. He already ached for him.

 

His voice was husky and filled with sexual overtones, "Take me home, stud. I can't wait to feel you inside me."

 

Brian's eyes became nearly black with desire, his head turning away from the beautiful and hot blond, to seek out the waiter that he had effectively managed to scare off during their entire dinner. Brusquely, he asked for the check, rolling his eyes when the waiter persisted in asking if anything was wrong with their partially eaten dinners. As the fidgety man rushed away to gather their bill, Brian's words to Justin came out in a low rasp, "I am hungry... but it's not for anything on the menu."

 

Justin chuckled. "Maybe it should be."

 

"Indeed." Brian never removed his eyes from Justin when he reached for his wallet, withdrawing a few large bills and placing them inside the case with the bill. He informed the waiter to keep the change; although, the man had done nothing to earn it. Brian reflected that it was probably much his own fault. His attitude would have kept anyone at a distance tonight. The only one he wanted in his personal orbit was the man seated across from him. The man he would finally have tonight.

 

As they walked from the restaurant, and to the short distance to Brian's car, he waited until Justin was inside the car, buckled up, before he turned to him, a finger lightly stroking along the side of his face. "I'm going to fuck you all night long, Justin. A new desire will be awakened in you... and I will feed it over and over again."

 

Fuck, he loved his confidence... and his overwhelming dominance was such a turn-on. But he was a top. He wouldn't give that up, not even for Brian. Although, perhaps it wouldn't be a role reversal for just one night. At this point, he could be objective about that. "We'll see, stud. We'll see."

 

TBC