- Text Size +

 

Michael lounged on the couch, a half-emptied bottle of beer in his hands, as he stared broodingly at his luggage that sat by the front door. This was it, he thought to himself. He was packed and ready for his flight in the morning. Now that his store had been sold, with the owner demanding immediate possession, he could see no reason to hang around.

 

If he was honest with himself, he readily admitted that New York had never felt like home to him. Strangely, he had missed the Pitts. And no matter how much she nagged him, he missed his ma. He was going home. He just never thought it would be like this. Brian was a stranger to him now. He didn't recognize the man he had become, and he blamed it on the rich and pretentious, Justin Taylor.

 

It didn't matter that he had given up on his dreams of being with Brian; he would always blame Justin. His friendship with Brian had been destroyed. He refused to own the blame for that. He had accepted that he made some mistakes, but the Brian of old would have never shut him out of his life so easily. It was all due to Justin's meddling.

 

Continuing to down his bottle of beer, uncertain of how many he had consumed at this point, Michael's lips twisted as he recalled the most unexpected discovery the day Justin had interrupted him and Brian. He still couldn't fathom it, but it did account for how Brian had changed so much. Brian was bottoming for Justin. Fuck! It was unbelievable. What did Justin Taylor have, other than his bankroll, that the other tops that Brian had fucked didn't have? He would never understand it.

 

When he heard the knock at his door, knowing exactly who had arrived, Michael sneered. He could see no reason to keep his little discovery a secret. After all, it was all between friends. In his case - he amended - former friends... at least, regarding Brian. Setting the bottle down, he walked to the door, and once he opened it, he welcomed Emmett and Teddy inside. "Hey guys, glad you could stopover. Grab some beers from the fridge..."

 

Emmett tilted his head to the side, releasing a long-suffering sigh. "Glad we could stopover? Baby, my heart is breaking. You're leaving us."

 

Ted looked away before meeting Michael's eyes. They both knew that he had been privy to much more of the fallout between him and Brian than Emmett had. Despite how much he enjoyed agitating his boss and very good friend, he was loyal to a fault. He hadn't divulged anything to Emmett, no matter how much he had prodded him for information. "We're gonna miss you, Michael. But I think going home to your roots will be good for you."

 

Michael glared. He couldn't believe he was getting that from Ted, of all people. He closed the door behind them, his tone accusing when he spat, "I thought you were my friend, Ted... and not just Brian's mouthpiece!"

 

Emmett's eyes widened. "Oh my. Umm, I'll just grab some beers from the fridge. Be right back, darlings..."

 

Ted laughed, unable to be angry at Emmett's hasty retreat. Who could ever be mad at Emmett Honeycutt? He truly didn't find it to be remotely possible. Turning back to look at the glower on Michael's face, Ted seriously answered, "Michael, I AM your friend. You should know that. Things with you and Brian spiraled out of control, and I think you know that. Spending some time with Debbie should do you good. She has a way of grounding you when you're at your lowest. Just let her do that."

 

Walking with Ted over to the couch, Michael flopped down on the couch, reaching for his nearly empty bottle of beer. "I suppose you're right. I do miss her." He took a long swallow, setting it back on the table after draining the contents, barely noticing Emmett approaching them with three bottles in his hands. "It's all Richie Rich's fault. None of this would have blown so far out of control."

 

Emmett cackled. "Richie Rich? Well, they both are blond... but Justin Taylor is a hottie, Michael. You have to see that."

 

Ted groaned. After being an eyewitness to a scene between the three men, he doubted this was the direction to go. He decided to remain silent when he saw the ice appearing in Michael's eyes, and then a cold smile curving his lips. That wasn't good. Knowing Michael as he did, there wasn't a doubt in his mind he was about to say something not only defensive but insulting as well.

 

"I see nothing except that this kid changed Brian... and for the worse. He ruined him... and I'm not just talking about how he treated me..."

 

Frowning, taking a large sip of beer, Emmett decided this wouldn't be nearly strong enough. Michael appeared to be leaving New York with extreme contempt toward Justin Taylor, and if he wasn't mistaken, it was directed at Brian as well. "Ruined him, how? Brian has actually been approachable in recent days."

 

Ted didn't add the fact that this past week had been entirely different. A rift had obviously developed between the two men, and Brian had been a complete asshole as a result of it. Over the years, he had encountered many Kinney moods. This one by far had been the worst.

 

"Well, what do you think? Brian doesn't trick, and he shut the door on his friends." Michael knew the latter could just pertain to him, but not coming to his defense was not Brian-like behavior. He had always been able to count on Brian. No matter how much he screwed up; Brian always had his back. That was until him. "Justin is all Brian thinks about." With a cold and cruel smile, Michael added, "In fact, he has changed who he's always been. He's not even a top anymore. That kid has turned Brian into a bottom boy!"

 

Emmett clapped, not the least nonplussed. "I knew it!" he exclaimed excitedly. When Michael looked at him with a shocked expression, Emmett asked, "What? I told you both that Justin is a top. Look what he obviously did to Brandon. I'm just so glad Brian is finally experiencing as a bottom what he gives to a man as a top."

 

"Whatever..." Michael muttered. "I can't believe you don't see how fucked this is! Brian has changed too much. Justin is bad for him, but at least I won't be around to see the trainwreck."

 

Ted's eyes widened. He couldn't believe how twisted Michael's mind had become. This was ridiculous, he thought... and it needed to stop. He couldn't care less who was the top between Brian and Justin. They were both strong, self-made men, and he respected them both. Going home to Pittsburgh was the best thing for Michael at this point. "Michael, I get that you have unrequited feelings for Brian, but you need to be realistic. Anyone with eyes can see how good Justin has been for Brian."

 

Michael glared at Ted, unable to believe how Justin had managed to turn one of his oldest friends against him in such a short amount of time. He had expected more from Ted. Emmett turned away from him, his avoidance telling him that Emmett agreed with Ted's assessment. This was all kinds of fucked up. Justin had easily taken everyone away from him... and there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it. "Uhhh guys, I have an early flight in the morning. I think I just want to get some rest. You know Ma. She'll have me jumping when I get there..."

 

When they just sat there, both of them appearing uncomfortable, obviously not knowing what to say, Michael gave a half-hearted smile. "Don't worry about me. I'm going to be fine. This city was never right for me. Underneath, I am just a boy from the Pitts. It's time I went home."

 

Emmett was the first one to stand, moving urgently as he approached Michael. He looked down at him beseechingly. "Give me a hug, and then I'm leaving. I swore I wouldn't leave here in tears. And I'm going to stick to it!"

 

Ted chuckled from behind them. "No, you won't."

 

Waiting for Michael to stand to his feet, Emmett wrapped his arms tightly around Michael, sniffling as he responded, "Be quiet, Teddy."

 

With an understanding sigh, Ted moved up behind them, wrapping his arms around both of them as best as he could, knowing his best friend would be an emotional wreck tonight... yet knowing he wouldn't want to see Emmett any other way. "We're gonna miss you, Michael. I hope you know that."

 

Nodding, thinking this felt more like their former relationship, Michael held onto them tightly, at this moment, feeling a bit of realism sinking in. It was difficult to say when, or even if, he would ever see them again - at least, both of them at the same time. "I'm going to miss you too." He pulled back to look into their eyes, barely able to disengage Emmett's clinging arms. "We've been friends for so long. It's hard to think of us being apart. But I guess time changes everything."

 

"You're gonna be fine, Michael." Emmett took a step back, knowing it was a now or never kind of thing. He didn't want to leave here a blubbering mess, nor did he want it to be Michael's final memory of him. He swore that it wouldn't be. "We can talk on the phone, and maybe even take a trip to Pittsburgh. It's not that far away!"

 

"No, that's true... but just because I'm going home, for now, doesn't mean I'll stay there. We'll just have to see how everything works out." Michael knew he was being non-committal about his plans, and secretive about the quick sale of his store. They would figure that out soon enough, and it wasn't something he had even processed yet. Urging them toward the door, sensing neither of them was in any great hurry to leave, Michael tried to be his most reassuring, "Everything will work out, guys... for all of us. If I decide to leave Pittsburgh again, I'll call and let you know. More than anything, I want us to keep in touch."

 

Each of them said their goodbyes again, all of them promising to stay in touch. Closing the door behind them, Michael stopped to wonder if they would keep their word to each other. As he returned to his slumping position on the couch, Michael found himself thinking about Brian again. He wondered if the day would ever come that Brian would look at him as a friend again. With Justin's interference in Brian's life, he doubted it. He had made so many mistakes, and now it was too late to repair them. Although he wasn't sure he would have acted differently given a second chance, he still wished he hadn't acted in a way that had forced Brian to push him out of his life. As much as wanted to continue blaming Justin for everything, there was a more rational side of him that knew he was to blame. Even in accepting that, he knew it was probably too late...

 


 

Justin stepped into Brian's penthouse, a whistle slipping past his lips. "Very nice, Brian. I had a feeling when we pulled up to the building... but I never expected all of this..."

 

"Wait until you see the bedroom, hotshot." Brian removed his jacket, folding it and laying it over the back of a chair, his hand continuing to remove his already loosened tie, his cufflinks, and shirt quickly following. His eyes devoured Justin in one purposeful glance. "I am hoping that will be remedied very soon..."

 

Laughter lightly shook Justin's chest, a welcoming and equally warm smile on his face. "I think we agree on that, stud." Justin eyed Brian sharply for a moment. "It's good that we didn't place a wager on how I expected the ride here to progress."

 

Brian unbuckled his belt, sliding it through the loops, his eyes hotly fastened on the beautiful man he couldn't wait to possess. "And what did you expect?"

 

Justin swallowed, his eyes virtually enslaved by the sight of Brian's bare chest, knowing his pants would soon be following. He knew what Brian looked like naked. He had fucked him on numerous occasions now... but he had never seen him like this. Justin had to keep reminding him that he wasn't the one hunting tonight, nor the one that would be calling the shots. Brian was hot in every form... but as a sensual predator - the man had no equal. Perhaps not even himself... and that was an immense realization. "Well..." Justin began, "I expected you would be touching me during the ride here, not to mention when we got out of the car, and beyond..."

 

"I see..." Brian continued to advance, his slacks now unsnapped, the zipper all that held them in place. He began to circle Justin, much the shark to the most delicious of prey, desire pounding through him in almost unbearable waves. "I am a man of supreme control, Justin; however, it is tested with you. I would have done so much more than touch you."

 

Justin moaned, unable to think of anything bad about that. "Perhaps you should have. It's been a week since we last fucked, Brian. I'm sure we're both hungry..." Licking his lips when Brian stopped his circling motion, Justin gave into temptation and placed his hands on Brian's bare chest, a purely sexual smile on his face when the brunet hissed in response. "Oh, I'm sorry, stud. Is touching you forbidden?"

 

Brian grasped Justin's wandering hands, his eyebrow-raising in mockery. "A bit cocky for one that is about to have a dick up his ass... aren't you?"

 

"What can I say? I'm used to taking what I want." Justin's eyes sparkled, the intensity in them making them glow. "And I want you. Now... either move things along, or you will be the one with the dick up the ass..."

 

Brian snorted. "I knew you would be the bossiest bottom I've ever fucked... and it's already started..."

 

Justin chuckled. "Seriously, Brian... would you have me any other way?"

 

"No." Brian's answer came easily, without a doubt in his mind. "I want you exactly how you are." His eyes flaring, Brian reached for Justin's hand, slowly tugging him along in the direction of the master bedroom. When his hand grasped the door handle, he didn't open it immediately. He turned them around so that Justin's back was against the door, his breath merely ghosting over Justin's lips, yet not claiming them. He wanted them to be inside of his bedroom before anything progressed further. Soon, he reminded himself. Very soon.

 

A shiver came over him as the hot breath fanned his lips. He was more than familiar with the tactic. It was highly seductive to the recipient. Resisting the immense desire to lunge forward and kiss the gorgeous man within an inch of insanity wasn't easy. It was what he would typically do. Reminding himself of how the roles had been reversed tonight wasn't a simple feat - especially when Brian already had him burning for him, wanting nothing more than to touch him and be touched by him. "B-Brian..." he moaned, the aching need apparent both in his voice and in the yearning in his eyes.

 

"Don't worry, I'm going to give you what you want. That... and so much more," Brian growled. Moving closer, he pressed his nearly naked body against Justin, a feral smile curving his lips at Justin's gasp at the contact. His cock was at full attention, and hungry to take possession. "Last chance, Justin. Is this truly what you want?"

 

Justin moaned. "Yes, Brian. This is what I want. Right now there's nothing I want more than you inside me. Fucking me... making me feel you." His voice lowered, his eyes hotly moving over the beautiful brunet, his cock throbbing in his pants... and all for this incredible man. "I want to feel you for a week after you're finished."

 

Brian cursed. Damned teasing little fucker. He'd be damned if he would come before he was firmly seated inside of him. He had waited too long for this moment. It had formerly been an improbable fantasy. He didn't want it to end prematurely. Opening the door, he urged Justin inside, his hand unerringly finding the switch that bathed the room, particularly the bed in dim blue lights. Without any sort of warning, Brian pulled Justin into his arms, his mouth lowering to explore Justin's neck, his hand unsnapping and unzipping the tight jeans that now offended him. Anything covering Justin's skin was now a grievous offense. He licked and nibbled along the exposed skin, his breathing increasing... more than pleased when Justin's quickly did the same.

 

Pulling back, Brian looked deeply into Justin's eyes, desire making his almost black; a total contrast to the shining blue that stared back at him. In a low raspy growl, Brian told him, "You've shown me your world. Now, it's time for me to show you mine..." No more words needed to be spoken. Justin knew exactly what that would entail. Hungrily, Brian crushed Justin's lips under his, deciding turnabout was indeed fair play. Justin had seduced him with a kiss. Now, the more experienced man would do the same. Justin's reality was about to change... and he couldn't wait to see the pleasure bring about a transformation in the young man.

 

As much as Justin professed that he belonged to him, his lover would soon realize that it could be an equal exchange and that they were meant to belong to each other. Tonight, his dominant blond would embrace a new reality.

 

 

TBC