- Text Size +

 

When Justin came out of the bathroom, now fully dressed, and his hair mostly dry, he followed the delicious smell that directed him into the kitchen. He quickly found Brian, the business section of the New York Times in his hands, and a steaming cup of coffee in front of him. Justin nearly salivated at the smell. "Is that espresso?"

 

Brian looked up, a smile on his face. "Indeed it is, Mr. Taylor. Grab a cup from the cabinet and join me."

 

Justin didn't need to be urged further. He opened the cabinet and reached for a cup, smiling as he noticed all the cups, and drinking glasses lined up in perfectly spaced rows, each of them turned the same way, all reminding him of neat and orderly little soldiers. He slightly snickered before closing the cabinet door, having the feeling the organized adman would have a meltdown if anything was left askew. He filled his cup from the espresso machine, turning to see Brian staring at him with a mocking stare.

 

"Is there a problem with my kitchen organization?" Brian arched a brow, knowing Justin found his meticulous ways a bit over the top. He was sure it probably was, however, it was his way, and how he'd always lived since being out on his own. He couldn't imagine changing that now. Brian laid the newspaper down, attempting to display his most serious expression, yet knowing this man wasn't one to fall for any form of subterfuge.

 

"Not at all." Justin continued to laugh. "It's just as expected really." Justin took a sip of the steaming espresso, a sigh of appreciation slipping easily through his lips. "This is very good, Brian. It might be just another inducement to me sleeping over more often..."

 

Brian's eyes momentarily darkened. Little fucker. How did he always fill him with such instant hunger? And most of the time, it was done with very little effort. He supposed much the same could be said for him when he was coming on strong, but Justin continued to amaze him. His sex appeal was utterly magnetic. "I can't think of any reason to object to that." Tilting his head to the side, Brian swept his eyes over Justin's perfect body. "No, none at all..."

 

"I'm glad to hear it..." Justin virtually purred. Roughly, he cleared his throat, knowing they needed to keep their minds off more pleasurable matters. Brian undoubtedly had a busy day at the office, and he was starting to get busy himself with setting up his own. "So... you wanted to talk to me..."

 

Brian inclined his head. "I did." Frowning for a moment, uncertain how he wanted to approach the subject, yet feeling they each needed to leave here today with a clearer perception of where they were, Brian asked, "How do you feel this morning? In particular, how do you feel about last night?"

 

"It was perfect, Brian. I can't imagine it going any better than it did. Although, I can't say it was everything I expected..." When an irritated look flashed across Brian's face, Justin assuaged his lover's suddenly ruffled feathers. "I can't say that because it was an occurrence that I never expected to happen. Now that it has, though, I'm very glad it did."

 

"I am as well."

 

Justin bit at his bottom lip, his eyes lowering before raising to meet Brian's intense stare. He was uncertain if Brian had been about to say more, feeling he needed to make a few things clear before this talk progressed any further. "Brian..." Justin said with slight reluctance; not wanting to throw ice on what had started out as a hot morning interlude, with a genuine feeling of warmth continuing after. "Before you say anything else, I really feel I should be honest with you."

 

Brian smiled at the rarely uncertain blond. He never knew quite what to expect from this man, but he had really started to enjoy that aspect of their relationship. Justin had amazing strength, it was visible in everything the young man did. He was assertive, and without a doubt, an ultimate top; in fact, one that he believed even rivaled himself. His dominance took his breath away; however, there was another side to Justin Taylor, one that he hadn't glimpsed often. Vulnerability. It always appeared unexpectedly, and it invoked an uncharacteristic response in him. In those isolated moments that came without any warning, he wanted to do what Brian Kinney had previously found to be forbidden, at least to him. He wanted to pull a man close, in a non-sexual way, more to comfort the incredible man that moved him so deeply. That in itself told him how much he loved Justin. For him, there was no going back now.

 

"Let me see if I know where you could be heading here." Brian smiled at Justin indulgently, yet in total understanding. "I know you will never be comfortable as a steady bottom; I can't even envision you wanting that at a 50/50 ratio." When Justin was about to interrupt, Brian held up a hand to indicate he wasn't quite finished. "Nevertheless, I know you loved how I made you feel last night. Due to it being you, I see it as a great gift, and an extension of trust given. It alleviated any doubts I had regarding us having a future together."

 

"A future together." Justin took another sip of the rich and delicious espresso, savoring the taste as he thought about what Brian had just said to him. "I do like the sound of that."

 

Brian laughed as he further contemplated his words. "Seeing myself in a relationship isn't anything I ever expected. I think it will be a learning process for both of us. I think we need to take it one step at a time. And I need you to understand that just because I have accepted that I love you, it doesn't mean I will stop tricking. We need to come to an understanding on that, and precisely what these tricks mean."

 

Justin sighed, placing his cup on the table. He scrunched his nose up, before shaking his head in what was actually self-admonishment. "I know what the tricks mean; I have lived that life. I did so before and during my time with Sean. My jealousy toward your tricks was ridiculous, and after thinking about it, I think it was something deeper and not merely a jealous response. Having no experience with the green-eyed monster, I don't think I fully recognized the true source of my discontent."

 

"Meaning what exactly?" For the first time in their discussion, Brian had his uncertainty, primarily evolving from the fact that he didn't have a clue what Justin was about to say.

 

"When you brought up the subject of us taking a step back, and your intention of seeking that release you can only receive from being a top, I feared that it would signal the beginning of the end for us. At that time, I couldn't fathom ever bottoming for you, and we both know, something I still won't choose to do on a regular basis. As much as I did enjoy the feeling of you inside me, taking me, possessing me on every level, I am too dominant to consistently be in that role. At that time, I think the fear of you craving what those meaningless men could give you would in time override your feelings for me began to overwhelm me." Justin breathed in deeply, before releasing his breath just as quickly. "I realize now that such a thought was selfish of me. Expecting you to be the only one to compromise was unreasonable, not to mention unrealistic."

 

"I won't deny that there will be moments where I am compelled to seek out a trick. I was thinking of the possibility of us finding a method that would make us enjoy those moments together. I know it won't always be practical, but it could be implemented into our routine going forward." Brian had several ideas in mind, and if they proceeded as he thought they could, he knew such encounters could be incredibly hot, but also strengthen what they already had.

 

Justin's eyes lit up. "I think I have an idea of what you might be suggesting." His tongue slid out to stroke along his lower lip, his eyes becoming hot as he looked into Brian's. "And I think I would be more than up for it, stud."

 

"I know you would..." Brian's voice became smoky, his tone filled with sexual connotations. "I have to be getting to the office soon, but I would love for us to go to Babylon later tonight, and see if there are some deserving men to be had..."

 

"I'd like that." Justin reached into his pocket, pulling out his phone, frowning when he noticed it had been turned off for the night. He didn't remember doing that, but he had been so caught up in being with Brian last night that he probably had done so. "Let me check my schedule for the next couple of days."

 

Brian nodded. "Mine is a bit tight, but I can always make time to fuck, most especially, if I would be doing it with you..."

 

Justin couldn't suppress the moan that faultlessly escaped. No man had ever turned him on with mere words and innuendo than this man. It was effortless, and it always went straight to his dick. Clearing his throat, Justin tried to place those thoughts aside; at least for the moment, "Well, realistically speaking, your workload could be increasing very soon with your interview about to hit the newsstands. I hope you're ready for it."

 

"I'm sure I'll adjust. I have a very efficient staff." Brian stood up, quietly taking his cup to the sink, rinsing it out, and placing it to the side. He turned when he heard Justin softly swearing. "Is there something wrong, hotshot?"

 

"Yeah. Only five missed calls from Sean. What could possibly be so urgent?" Justin grumbled.

 

Brian averted his gaze from the hot young blond, knowing in this situation he had his own battle with jealousy. In this case, he felt it was justified. Sean hadn't been a simple trick for Justin. They had maintained a relationship for years, and even though Justin had severed that part of their personal relationship, the twink did still work for Justin. "He probably misses your dick..." Brian muttered derisively, yet feeling what had been a sarcastic remark could actually be a statement grounded in truth.

 

"Now now, Mr. Kinney. Don't be jealous..." Justin smirked, for some reason, the thought of Brian being jealous over Sean, both endearing and immensely hot. It made him want to fuck him, simply to remind him he had no competition. "I have other unknown calls from L.A. as well. I'd better see what's going on."

 

Nodding, Brian left the kitchen, grudgingly giving Justin some privacy. He ignored Justin's look of amusement that warred with the blond's trepidation about what could be happening out in L.A., realizing his body language, not to mention his cryptic tone displayed a spark of jealousy that really had no base. Not only had Justin ended his physical relationship with Sean, but he had also bottomed for him, displaying trust and a commitment to establishing a future with him. Jealousy was ridiculous now.

 

Justin shook his head as Brian left the kitchen, the tension in the brunet's back clearly visible, and jealousy emanating from the other man. How charming, he thought to himself. In the past when Sean had exhibited that characteristic, he had found it to be an irritant... however, not with Brian. For some strange reason, he only found it to be endearing.

 

Connecting to his Voicemail, Justin listened to the messages. Sean had only left one, despite the five phone calls, but it was enough to spur him into action. Continuing to listen to the messages, Justin rushed from the kitchen, completely oblivious to Brian looking up in surprise as he placed folders into his briefcase. Knowing it was far too early for Sean to be awake, Justin texted him instead. I'll be on the next flight out. In the meantime, your photoshoot will be canceled, and we'll discuss the rest when I arrive. Get some rest.

 

Listening to the rest of the messages, some pertaining to Sean's distress, and others standard business calls, Justin returned the other call of importance. "This is Justin Taylor. I received an urgent message from a Detective Holligan. Is he available now?"

 

Justin looked up to meet Brian's concerned gaze. He listened, as whom he assumed must be the dispatcher, inform him of the detective being off duty. "No, I'll wait to speak with him directly. I'm on business in New York and just got his message. If you hear from him, inform him that I am taking the next flight out to L.A.; I can try to contact him when I arrive." Justin ended the call after giving the dispatcher his contact details, swearing repeatedly as he hung up.

 

Brian moved forward, reaching out to grasp Justin's arms that were surprisingly slightly trembling. "Justin? What is it?"

 

"One of my photography studios at Metropolitan Man caught on fire last night. It appears that Sean and one of the photographers were still there working." At Brian's wide-eyed look, the question clear in his eyes, Justin responded, "They are both fine, nothing more than some smoke inhalation. However, the studio was gutted."

 

"Fuck!" Brian exploded, his eyes narrowing as an unbidden thought came to mind. "You don't possibly think..."

 

"Michael?" Justin sneered. "The thought had crossed my mind, but I thought he was on his way to Pittsburgh this morning, and that he was finished with all of this." Justin's expression became dark, his eyes filled with menace. "If I find out he did this, I swear..."

 

"Michael is supposed to be gone, but what if the thug he contracted decided to do a job, planning on extorting money from him later? It could be a case of Michael being out of it, but the man he hired unwilling to abandon the job." Brian ran a hand through his previously immaculate hair, unable to dispel the thought. "I know you don't need this now. Let's just wait and see what the detective has to say." He was silent as Justin moved through the room, gathering what little he had brought with him, before asking, "Do you need to get anything from your hotel? I can drive you to the airport."

 

Justin shook his head. "I can get anything I need after I arrive, but I can't ask you to delay your day like that. Traffic to JFK could take an hour, not to mention your drive back. I don't want to disrupt your day like that."

 

"You won't be. I'll call Cynthia and have my art director handle my first appointment. And this is non-negotiable, Taylor." Brian's face was stern and unrelenting. "You don't need to be in control all of the time. It's okay to sometimes have some help. Since I can't come with you, I insist on doing this."

 

"Fine. I'm not about to argue. I will book a flight from my phone on our way to the airport." Justin leaned up and kissed Brian slowly and far shorter than he would have liked, quite certain he would miss this man almost unbearably. "Thank you, Brian."

 

"It's my pleasure, hotshot." Brian led him to the door, leaning a hand against it to stop him from opening it. "By the way, Taylor... that little scenario you mentioned in the shower earlier, I just want you to know that I would be more than up for it when you return."

 

Justin groaned. "Fuck you, Brian! You tell me that... NOW!" Justin's slouched stance suddenly straightened, the dominant returning, his eyes alive in predatory excitement. "I don't anticipate this ugly business taking too long. I won't forget what you just offered, and trust me when I tell you, I WILL hold you to it."

 

Brian leaned down to smash his lips against Justin's, his tongue aggressively sliding inside, determined to show the younger man that there were two Alpha males in this relationship. "Sounds good to me, Mr. Taylor. I will be bound and totally at your mercy. I can't fucking wait..."

 

Fuck! He was about to head home to handle the fallout of a crisis, and he had a raging hard-on in his pants. He wasn't anyone's fool, though. Whether Brian realized what he was doing or not, he thought the timing to be suspect. He didn't doubt that Brian meant what he had said... but to tell him now could have been an extension of his jealousy of Sean. Pulling out of Brian's embrace, Justin looked into the brunet's hazel eyes, desire, and understanding shining in his own. "Brian, I'm not going to fuck Sean. It doesn't matter that tricking is a part of our lives, I know Sean can never be viewed as a meaningless trick. I love you, and that's a line I won't cross."

 

"I know that." Brian kissed Justin one last time, not a doubt in his mind of Justin's sincerity. It was Sean that he didn't trust. And in addition to his distrust of the hot and lovesick Sean, there was Michael that should be on a plane to Pittsburgh. If an investigation indicated arson, done by a professional, Justin wouldn't make it back in time to handle that part of the problem. He would deal with that entirely on his own...

 

TBC