- Text Size +

 

Brian stared down at the naked violinist unable to believe what he was seeing. He looked over at Justin who appeared just as shocked, but with a red tint to his cheeks, his eyes flashing in anger. "Who the fuck is that? Please tell me he's not one of your tricks..." Brian surveyed the man again, decidedly finding him lacking even for that.

 

Justin turned to look at Brian, his glare now focused on him. "One of my tricks? Are you fucking kidding me, Brian!? I wouldn't touch that..."

 

Lifting his hands in surrender, backing away from the window, deciding he had seen, and most definitely heard enough, Brian replied, "I didn't think so. Your little model was hot... but this guy, well, he's not in the same league."

 

Rolling his eyes, Justin teasingly reminded, "His name is Sean. I don't think I've ever heard you refer to him by name." Clicking his tongue, Justin provoked his easily riled lover further, "Your jealousy is deeply flattering, stud... but by now, you should know it's totally unwarranted."

 

His face momentarily carved in stone, Brian realized this was the moment when the Brian Kinney of old would recite, ‘I don't do jealous,' but in this case, and with this man, he wasn't about to waste his time. Justin was too damned intuitive. Whether it was warranted or not, he could admit to himself he had been jealous of Justin's former roommate, and his still employee. He had to get over that and remember that he trusted Justin. It was Sean that he wouldn't ever trust, nor any man that wanted more from Justin than a one-time fuck. Unless the model screwed up again, he wasn't going anywhere. Justin would be seeing him in a business setting, and in places where he wouldn't be with them. He had to accept that Justin was invested in their relationship, and forget what these other guys hoped to accomplish. As long as they communicated with each other, what they had would be untouchable.

 

Moving away from the window, blocking out Ethan's serenade in the buff, Justin ran the back of his hand along Brian's cheek, his eyes thoughtful on Brian's pensive expression. "What's wrong?" He didn't give Brian a chance to answer, his hand motioning toward the window. "If it's him, don't let him trouble you. He is my driver that lives in a cottage on the property; however, he has just worn out his welcome."

 

"It's not him, but I think you'd better handle him." Brian laughed. "I'm not sure how close the nearest house is, but I doubt you want the cops called and find your naked admirer."

 

Justin snorted. "This is L.A., Brian. The L.A.P.D. wouldn't make it out here tonight to respond to that kind of disturbance... but regardless of that, my property is large. My nearest neighbor is quite far away."

 

Brian grunted. "Lucky for them."

 

"Indeed." Justin agreed, shaking his head in the realization that Ethan wasn't planning on stopping anytime soon. He scrunched up his nose. "You'd think his fingers would get tired..."

 

"His love song has to end at some point." Brian winced as the man continued to play, thinking it seemed to be getting louder, deciding this had to be the most bizarre of events. "Do you want me to come out with you? This entire situation is extreme. Who knows what kind of shit he'll pull..."

 

"Hmph..." Justin muttered. "I doubt it will be much. He's naked, all but his violin, and he's smaller than me. I think I'll be fine. Why don't you take a look around the house? This shouldn't take too long."

 

Brian was skeptical but realized he had to play things Justin's way. This was his scene, and he knew he could probably handle it, but something felt off about the entire situation, and at the moment, he wasn't sure what it could be. One thing was for certain, though, he wouldn't wander far. If Justin's encounter with this man led to any kind of distress, he would be there in an instant. Not having any prior knowledge of the man, he had no idea if he was dangerous, but he doubted that any man that would risk his position with Justin would simply back off when his advances were rejected. "I won't be far away, Justin. Call out if you need me. The odds are strong that he thinks you're here alone - unless he saw me dropped at the gate. His display out there makes me think he's unaware."

 

Nodding, Justin agreed. "I doubt he'd be out there if he knew I had a man in here." Brushing past Brian, Justin knew he needed to get down there before Ethan wandered away, or attempted to do something even more foolish. "Don't worry, Brian. Ethan is harmless. His crush simply got out of hand but I'll settle that now..."

 

Remaining pessimistic, Brian followed at a discreet distance, determined to be close if anything bad should happen. He wasn't a man prone to violent acts, but there was no way he'd ever allow anyone to threaten or hurt Justin. Whether his independent blond knew it or not, he had him as an insurance policy. Brian wouldn't be touring the lower level of Justin's large home. Instead, he would be watching from just beyond the door, ready to assist him in any way necessary should an incident occur. Continuing to follow as Justin hurriedly moved down the stairs, Brian hoped his unease was unfounded... but a sick feeling in his stomach told him it wasn't.

 


 

Justin tightened the sash on his robe, his expression firmly etched in stone, his patience non-existent, and his decision on how to resolve this issue already made. Stepping onto the pool deck, Justin's jaw dropped down in disbelief when Ethan paused in his playing, laying his violin down in one slow motion, outstretching his arms in welcome. Was the man that delusional? Did he really think that he, Justin Taylor, would actually float into his arms, eagerly accepting what he was trying to offer? The entire concept was insane!

 

"Ethan, what the fuck are you doing?" Justin demanded, making certain to keep his distance, not out of fear, but more born of disdain. He didn't want this man laying one finger on him. The very thought of it repulsed him. "You have one chance and only one. Cover yourself and return to the cottage. We can say this was the effect of too much wine. Continue and we'll be having an entirely different conversation."

 

Stepping closer, his eyes sparkling and wild, Ethan shook his head. "I'm afraid I can't do that, my dearest love. Fate has finally decreed that our time has come. You're here now, and Sean is gone. We can finally be together."

 

Oh fuck, Justin thought to himself. The man was stark raving mad. Maybe coming out here alone wasn't the best of ideas. "Sean is gone because I chose for him to be, however, I am involved with someone else, Ethan. A man that loves me more than anything..."

 

Ethan gasped, his growing even wider. "L-love? But that can't be. I knew there was a man in New York, but you left and came home. I assumed you had cast him aside too."

 

"You assumed wrong!" Justin snapped, briefly looking over his shoulder and back to the door of the house, doing so more to make a point than to seek out Brian. He could already sense that Brian was near, but he figured it was probably from the other side of the door, protectively watching. He didn't need that added protection, but he was happy that Brian cared so much. They were in a good place now, and he was determined it would stay that way. Uncomfortable and beyond that - pissed off - that Ethan remained there naked, with his mouth hanging open, Justin firmly urged, "Cover yourself and return to the cottage. In the morning, we will discuss this further."

 

Roughly, Ethan reached for a white beach towel that lay draped over one of the pool chairs, his mouth twisting in derision. "What's to talk about? Obviously, I did everything for nothing. But for clarification, can you tell me what they have that I don't? I've gone over and beyond to show you how I feel, as far as giving fate a helping hand. What more should I have done!?"

 

His eyes narrowed at the suddenly deranged tone he heard in Ethan's voice. Giving fate a helping hand? What the fuck did that mean? A sudden chill coursed over him, the wildness in Ethan's eyes not doing anything to calm him. When Ethan took a step closer to him, and then another, he was filled with unease. For one of the few times in his life, he was feeling a loss of control. He didn't like that feeling at all. "Ethan? What are you asking... or even saying?"

 

Ethan stopped, just short of being in touching distance, his lips twisted in anger, his eyes flashing insanely, his voice becoming louder and even more irrational. "It's very simple, Justin! I asked you what I have to do to be seen like your other men? I've risked so much for you, and I'm not talking about embarrassing myself in front of you tonight." Ethan stepped closer, his hands flailing wildly at his sides. "I made sure you came home. Surely you know what I mean..."

 

Justin gasped. "The fire? Are you saying you set the fire that destroyed my studio? A fire that could have killed innocent people?" Deliberately, Justin raised his voice, hoping that Brian would not only hear every word but act on it as well. Knowing how observant Brian was, he expected he would have observed the police detective's card laying on the hallway table. Brian missed next to nothing; he wouldn't be surprised if Brian hadn't already called him. "Are you out of your fucking mind?"

 

Tapping his lip thoughtfully, Ethan observed, "You are extremely cocky, Mr. Taylor. We both know you are home alone, and yet you are still so arrogant and controlled." Ethan licked his lips, his eyes hotly moving over his obsession dressed only in a white robe. "I guess that's what makes you so hot to me... and sadly, to so many other men. I think what you need is to realize you aren't always in control and allow someone else to take care of you. In time, you will understand that I will do anything for you, Justin, and that I can take care of you in every possible way."

 

"Okay, I have heard enough of this crazy bullshit!" At once, they both turned to see Brian approaching, his eyes wide and angry, fully focused on the insane piece of crap that was unbelievably trying to intimidate Justin. It was ludicrous. He didn't even have that kind of effect on Justin. This smitten, and apparently, slightly dangerous piece of shit thought he could achieve that!? He would end this himself. Glancing briefly in Justin's direction, quickly determining his lover's rage and unease with the unpredictability of his employee's behavior, he advised him, "I have already called the police, Justin."

 

Justin nodded, relieved that his instincts about Brian had been so accurate. "Thank you, Brian." He turned icy as he faced Ethan, unable to believe the man hadn't made a hasty retreat. "You are pathetic, not to mention a complete fool. I would never view you as even a meaningless one-time trick. You committed a crime with no basis other than your own deranged view of an impossible reality. I am utterly disgusted by you!"

 

Ethan flinched under Justin's cold stare, and even more so by the words filled with venomous intent. He turned to face the newcomer, knowing in his mind that this must be the man that Justin met in New York. Shaking his head, he realized he had done everything for nothing. This man had stolen his prize. With the authorities now most likely on the way, there was very little he could do now. "It's all your fault..." he hissed in the brunet's direction. "My plan would have worked if you had stayed away."

 

Brian looked at the moronic man, unable to believe the insanity that continued to spew forward from him. "Haven't you heard a damn word Justin has told you? What part of him being disgusted by you don't you understand??"

 

Justin had to fight the compulsion to respond with laughter. Although he knew this was his fight, and definitely his problem to handle, he enjoyed watching Brian in action. In the past, he would find such a protective act abhorrent regarding him, but not any longer, and most especially, not when it came to Brian Kinney. And realistically, he knew that the longer Ethan was distracted and arguing with either of them, the better the odds would be of the police arriving before Ethan attempted to flee. Seeing this crazed lunatic behind bars was certainly the primary objective now.

 

"That is only because you are here. He didn't feel that way before..."

 

"Hold on there, Ethan." Justin's mirth immediately transformed into a deep scowl. "How the fuck would you know how I feel - then, now... or ever?"

 

Ethan sputtered... "W-well f-from how you t-treated me. You never made me feel like a mere employee. I always felt that when I drove you, it was a moment we shared together." The excitement began to shimmer in Ethan's eyes, his entire attention focused on Justin; in his heart, he believed that if he kept pushing, Justin would reciprocate. He just had to find the right opening. "Justin... give me a chance. P-please..."

 

Brian began to swear. The cops needed to get here before he killed this mindless fool. "For fuck's sake. What part of no don't you understand? Grow some fucking balls!"

 

Justin slightly snickered, relief soon soaring within him when he heard the sirens approaching. It was about damned time. He doubted his hot-headed hero could have taken much more. He lowered his eyes briefly, before raising them again to touch on Brian's glowering expression. "Take it easy, tiger. The cavalry seems to be about here."

 

"Finally..." Brian grumbled. "It's the only thing that's saving him..."

 

Ethan sneered. "You really did call the cops." An almost maniacal laugh escaped. "You're afraid that I can take him away from you." His voice lowered to a nearly hushed whisper. "Very astute. In time, once any unpleasant fallout is gone, I can assure you that I will..."

 

"You are out of your mind, and I am done with this conversation, Ethan." Justin shook his head in disgust. "I do hope you get the help that you so obviously need. In any event, I don't ever want to lay eyes on you again. If you approach me again, there will be consequences. I suggest you remember that."

 

Once the police car was at the gate, Justin moved forward, hurriedly disarming the alarm, not wanting Ethan to have any chance of an escape. As the gate opened and the squad car drove inside, Justin couldn't help thinking that after all the details of this bizarre incident were relayed to the officers, the events of this night would undoubtedly be a source of humor at the local precinct. He found he didn't really care about that, though. The important thing was that it was resolved, and the mystery of the fire now made more sense. Now, life could go on.

 

TBC