- Text Size +

 

Five Days Later

 

Justin slowly opened his eyes, his position in the bed causing him to focus his awakening body initially on the sight of the rising California hot sun, but that not being what had jarred him into awareness, despite how pleasant the sight might be. Even with very little sleep, Justin knew he would always awaken with the skilled mouth of Brian Kinney pleasuring his eager cock. There wasn't any doubt of how much Brian excelled at the act; this one, and every other that pertained to sex. Brian's skills in bed were absolute. No other man could ever compare. It was still an astounding realization to him that he didn't even desire to look for another man. If not for Brian's need to top on a more regular basis than he was willing to acquiesce of himself, he didn't doubt he would push for an exclusive relationship.

 

In actuality, he did feel that they were in such a relationship, even if an uncommon expression of exclusivity. Neither of them seemed to look at another man with anything that went beyond an appreciative glance that was textbook for a gay man. When Brian was compelled to scratch that particular itch, it was impersonal, almost clinical. During the past five days, they had explored that together. As well as in New York, finding willing and eager participants wasn't hard to do. At the end of the fuck, the trick was sent on their way, knowledgeable in the fact that they wouldn't be returning. Once they were alone again, sometimes they fucked, but other times they just made out like horny teenagers. Justin particularly enjoyed that. Deep kisses with Brian were as euphoric as sex; at least, sex with someone else. Sex between them was still incomparable.

 

Arching his head back into the pillows, Justin moaned, his hand reaching out to slide through Brian's dark hair, not even attempting to guide his lover into a more frenzied motion. Brian's instincts were infallible. He knew when to slow down, when to speed up... and when to escalate all of his ministrations into giving him an immediate release. They complimented each other in bed and life perfectly. In the back of his mind, Justin thought that they had been created for each other. If they hadn't, surely they should have been, because nothing could be any more perfect than him and Brian together.

 

He was surprised either of them had anything left to give in the aftermath of the erotic threesome they had participated in last night. The night had been set up the morning after the incident with Ethan. Once they had fulfilled their obligations of signed statements regarding the events on the pool deck with Ethan, Brian had gone into full predator mode with the detective that was clearly receptive to the persuasion of his own gender. Justin had been blown away watching Brian in action. He was surprised he hadn't come in his pants just watching him hunting and capturing his prey. His success hadn't been immediate; after all, the detective had still been on duty... but he did convince him to meet them at a later time. That time had been last night, and it had been incredible.

 

Brian had been at the top of his game. That was an absurd thought in itself. Brian was always in control, even when he was allowing himself to be controlled. He hadn't fully realized that until last night, but once he had, and really watched a dominant equal to himself in action, he became spellbound. For a while, Justin had allowed Brian to play the game his way, in essence using the hot detective's body as he pleased, but then, he decided to join in. They had each fucked the man, received and given blowjobs to him; in essence, giving the officer a night to remember. What had been even better was not having to throw a trick out afterward. The detective was intuitive, knowing when it was time to go, and doing so with very few words being spoken. If he wasn't so committed to Brian, he could see doing this again. But things were more different now than they had been months, and even weeks ago. Once he had fucked the man, his interest had waned, with his entire attention reverting back to Brian.

 

Unaware of his lover's deep thoughts, Brian slid his hands up Justin's chest, finding the erect nipples and twisting them between his fingertips. This was how he enjoyed starting the morning... more so with this man than with any other in all of his past experiences. Last night was intensely hot. He had fucked the shit out of the willing detective... a man that he'd wanted to fuck on sight. Once Justin had told him about the detective, he had instantly become curious, and upon meeting him, he realized they could all participate, with both of them exerting their style of dominance. Once it was over, his every thought and desire had been on Justin. Even though it had only ended a few short hours ago, Brian couldn't even remember the face of their shared trick. He figured that was how it would be now. Afterward, they had fallen asleep in each other's arms, amid a make-out session unlike any he'd ever had. They couldn't stop kissing. Slow and deep, they took each other's mouths over and over until exhaustion overtook them. It had been just as incredible as the night itself... if not more so.

 

Brian began to suck on Justin's cock with more ferocity, for one of two reasons. One, he loved the feel of Justin hard and thrusting into his mouth... and two, there was much to be accomplished on his last day in L.A. Leaving the beauty of Justin's spacious and luxurious home wouldn't be easy, especially since Justin wouldn't be leaving with him. But he had to be realistic. He had pressing business to attend to, now more than ever, and in the end, the rewards would benefit not only Kinnetik but his future with Justin as well.

 

When Justin's hand began to tighten on the back of his neck, and the blond's body more urgently thrust forward, Brian knew his hot little dominant was close. He wanted to hear him shout out his release, giving him the pleasure that he knew another man could never give him. "Come Justin... don't hold back. I want to taste you - now!" Brian had pulled back only long enough to rasp the words, his tone more of a growl, but even more than that, it was commanding. As Justin's breathless moans escalated, Brian once again engulfed his lover's throbbing organ, determined to push him over the edge fiercely and without any further delay. One hand moved down to Justin's sac, his fingers playing with the filled flesh, his mouth skillfully eating Justin's dick. As he tasted the beginning of Justin's release, Brian hummed around his cock, his head now bobbing on him enthusiastically, his hunger for Justin as equal as his lover needed to release. He didn't have long to wait. Within moments, Justin was spasming and shooting deep into his throat, the blond's legs trembling, his voice hoarse as he shouted out Brian's name. Fuck, they were hot together. It was never the same. The bond between them only intensified, it carried in and out of the bedroom. What they had was amazing, and he was determined to hold onto it and never let it go.

 

It took several moments for Justin to come back down, his chest expanding as his breathing slowly returned to normal. He released a low whistle once he felt back in his body again, instantly rolling his eyes when he looked at Brian, the cocky expression firmly etched on his beautiful face. "Good morning to you too, Mr. Kinney..." Justin refused to tell Brian just how hot that was, or how amazing Brian was at giving head. The other man was already cocky enough. He didn't need to feed that particular monster. "I guess it is a fitting end to your time here in L.A."

 

Brian became somber for a moment, but not for long. He had a surprise for the man he now viewed as his partner. Once he revealed it, he knew the pain of their parting would be greatly reduced. "Get dressed and meet me downstairs. I already started coffee, and I think you'll find some of your favorite morning pastries on the dining room table."

 

Justin's eyes narrowed on Brian, watching as he lithely slid into his jeans, shaking his head in confusion. When had Brian found the time to do all of that? He must have been up for hours. Not only had he done all of that, but he could also see that Brian's case was packed and ready to go. Fuck. He was going to miss him. It didn't even matter that he would be returning to New York in a few days as well. He was a realist, and suddenly he grasped the fact that there would always be separations, some of them could be lengthy. He didn't like that at all. His expansion to New York would soon be completed, and that would make for another separation... his return again to L.A. He already had staff in place to manage the New York offices. His tower in L.A. would always be his primary base, in actuality, his headquarters. That couldn't be altered. They would need to have a serious discussion about expectations, and it needed to be soon.

 

Reaching for his bag, Brian sauntered out of the room and down the stairs, more than aware of the heaviness that had begun to permeate the room. There wasn't a doubt that parting would be difficult for both of them, but he had a feeling the blow would be considerably lessened before he stepped through the door. Smiling as he thought of the plan he'd had in motion for over a week now, and one that he'd considered even before he'd met Justin, Brian realized this goodbye shouldn't be bittersweet, it would be one filled with hope. He couldn't wait to see the look on Justin's face once the realization was made.

 

Brian had already poured his second cup of coffee when Justin entered the dining room, his footsteps were more hesitant than was typical for the assertive blond. Looking up with a slight frown, Brian asked, "Such a long face, hotshot. I'm not accustomed to that from you."

 

Justin poured himself a cup of coffee, pausing to flavor it as he preferred, before reaching for a couple of pastries, surprised at the selection Brian had chosen. "This is a lot of sweets, Brian. Not what I would expect from you."

 

"It's not my typical breakfast, but I knew I would be running close on time." Brian smiled as Justin lowered his eyes, the blond apparently more sensitive about their impending separation than he wanted to let on. Brian completely understood that. These emotions had spiraled out of control seemingly overnight, essentially changing both their lives. Despite the speed of how things had progressed between them, Brian knew neither of them would have it any other way. Reaching for a pastry that contained the least amount of sugary filling, Brian told him, "I don't want you to indulge alone... so I'll join you."

 

"Generous in every possible way..." Justin smiled at Brian as he took a few bites of the delicious pastry, amazed at how far Brian's excellent taste extended. "I know you have to leave soon; I'm glad we can do this first." Justin motioned his hand back and forth between them. "You know, sharing breakfast, a common everyday thing."

 

"There hasn't been much of that. It's been all about work, and a lot of sex." Brian found himself winking flirtatiously, knowing he would soon be relieving Justin's apparent sadness. "You know I'm all about the sex."

 

Justin laughed. "We have that in common." Shaking his head, feeling a fool for allowing himself to dwell on Brian's departure, knowing they would only be separated for a few days, Justin told him, "I'm being ridiculous. I just started thinking about all of the separations we're inevitably going to have, and how difficult that will make it to sustain a full relationship."

 

"Again, we have the same thought process. The more I learn about you, Justin, the more I realize how similar we are, and how perfectly we fit." Brian arched an eyebrow, asking him gently, "Did you really think I would allow something as manageable as distance to destroy what we are building?"

 

"Of course not, but think about it, Brian. After my offices are functioning in New York, I'll need to return home. My base is here, and you are in New York. The separations will be often, and probably for long durations. I can't hold you in that kind of relationship. It's not fair to you..."

 

Brian pushed a file folder across the table, his eyes warm on the man that formerly had been fashioned of steel, but now seemed to be bordering on an emotional breakdown. He wouldn't have that. He wanted his arrogant stud back in full force. That was the man that had pursued and won him, and that was how Justin always needed to be. "Before you do something stupid and end things with me, open the folder."

 

"What is it?" Justin demanded, unable to believe that Brian would want to discuss what obviously must be business at such an emotional time.

 

"Just open it. You'll have your answers then..." Brian watched Justin intently, wanting to be fully focused on his face when he realized exactly what he had in front of him. He took a slow sip of his coffee as Justin reached for the folder, clearly irritated that their serious talk was sidetracked by paperwork, a look of confusion replacing aggravation on his expressive face.

 

Looking at the photographs, the property deed, and a few rough illustrations of what appeared to be a new Kinnetik sign, Justin shook his head, unable to believe what Brian seemed to be trying to tell him. "Brian, this is an office building and a very nice one. In fact, it's only a few blocks away from my corporate tower. You bought this? Why?" Justin realized the question was ridiculous, but it was too much to hope for, and he had always been a practical man.

 

"I had considered expanding to L.A. a long time ago. Theodore is always telling me I need to spend and invest." Brian smirked, remembering when he had told Ted of his plans. "I don't think he meant for me to go to such extremes, but I have more incentive now." Brian stood up from the table, moving around it until he was standing next to Justin, he reached out his hand, urging him to stand up. "You are that incentive. I want to be where you are, Justin. I know there will be separations, as I know we will handle them... but if I am here, there won't be as many. And I do love your home." Brian rolled his lips under, preparing to speak the words he hoped Justin didn't expect to hear all the time, but at this moment they felt right. "However, not as much as I love you, hotshot."

 

Justin looked away from the visual proof that more than displayed Brian's love for him, and his deep commitment to their future together. What Brian was doing now was the missing ingredient. Long separations wouldn't exist. They could truly build a future. Standing to his feet, Justin searched Brian's eyes, looking for any kind of hesitation in his choice, his heart soaring when he saw nothing but happiness in them. "You really mean it. You intend to rebuild here in L.A., close to me, where we can be together. What about your New York office? You have so much success there. You can't just abandon it."

 

"I won't do that. The reason I am returning now is to conduct interviews for a team that I can trust to maintain the high standard of Kinnetik. Cynthia wants to make the move." Brian lightly chuckled. "She said she's always wanted to be a California girl." Shaking his head ruefully, Brian told him, "This could be a case of the gang following me again. If Emmett comes, I know Ted will follow." Brian frowned for a moment when he thought about what he had said. "All of them except Michael. I think he'll stay in the Pitts. Perhaps one day we'll speak again. The future is impossible to predict."

 

Justin nodded, deciding now wasn't the time to delve into that discussion. But he knew one thing. Brian missed Michael. They may never be able to move past the damage Michael had inflicted, but he sensed that Brian hoped they could in time. No matter how he felt about Michael, he hoped it could happen, for Brian's sake. "That it is."

 

Circling his arms around Justin's waist, Brian pulled him closer, looking deeply into the beautiful blue eyes, pleased that the sparkle had returned to them, and elated that his news had been the cause of it. "I have to go soon, but this will be a brief separation, as will any in the future. With a little luck, your return to L.A. will coincide with my move here. I just have one more question..."

 

Narrowing his eyes, watching his lover closely, Justin asked, "What is it?"

 

"Should I look for another kind of real estate? I don't have a home in L.A."

 

Justin growled, reaching his hand around to smack Brian firmly on the ass. "Don't you fucking dare! Your place is with me. Now and always."

 

"Yes, Mr. Taylor, now and always. My client, but most of all, my partner."

 

The two lovers said what would be their last goodbye with a kiss that they would always remember. It was a kiss celebrating the discovery of truth. Each of their lives had changed, and now they embraced what would be an exciting and rich future, knowing that their connection would only continue to grow. They couldn't have been more right.

 

THE END

 

Chapter End Notes:

So concludes the story. Thank you to those who read, and a huge thank you for all who reviewed.

The End.
confused_bliss is the author of 53 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked The Client also liked 231 other stories.