- Text Size +

 

Justin's eyes poured over the PI's preliminary report, for some reason, he felt the need to absorb every detail that pertained to Brian Kinney. They would be meeting again on Monday morning. He was not a man to go into a meeting, especially one not on his own territory, unprepared or unarmed. This would be no different. Brian Kinney, founder of Kinnetik Enterprises intrigued him; in fact, far more than he liked. He was about to undertake an immense expansion, a distraction wasn't what he needed. Wasn't that why he kept Sean around? No matter where they were, Sean was always available. In actuality, eager for all the attention he had to give. When had that stopped being enough? Perhaps Sean just needed to join him - sooner rather than later. He wondered if that would make his lust for Brian less palpable. It should... but for some reason, he feared it would not.

 

Reaching for his phone, Justin settled back on the hotel sofa, selecting the button that would connect him to Sean's cell phone. He frowned when it once more went to voicemail. He had called last night after his meeting with Brian, all to have the same result. What was Sean doing... and why wasn't he returning his calls? Very curious, he thought. He left another inquiring message before ending the call, his mind once more returning to the report... and the provocative Brian Kinney.

 

Justin scanned the details of the report, knowing the wealth of information regarding Brian Kinney wouldn't be found in these few pages, but recognized it was a good place to start. He smiled as he was afforded an even deeper insight into the habits of the man that intrigued him on a variety of levels. An opening had now been presented to him that could give him his next opportunity much sooner than their appointment two short days from now. The gorgeous adman owned a gay nightclub as well as an advertising agency. Simply delightful. He knew exactly what he would be doing tonight...

 

Babylon. The choice of the name sounded utterly sinful to him. He couldn't wait to see everything that went on there... most especially, everything that pertained to the hot owner. Justin looked at the time, thankful he wasn't rolling in full steam as of yet. There were a few business calls he needed to make, but after that, his focus for the remainder of the day would be more than centered.

 

Tonight, Brian would see Justin Taylor, the hunter that seduced any man he desired. All he needed was an opening... a private moment with the man that thought himself impervious to seduction. If he didn't achieve that tonight, he would lay the groundwork. Brian would see how mindless he could make a man... how much he could make a man beg for his possession.

 

He would be hunting the beautiful brunet tonight. Nothing would satisfy him other than Brian's complete surrender.

 


 

Brian scowled as he heard the incessant tapping on his door, knowing only one person would be so annoyingly persistent... and especially on the weekend. He had so much to do before his meeting with Justin on Monday morning. It was still deeply disappointing that he hadn't lured the young man into his bed... but he would have success on a business level first, in the back of his mind, he convinced himself that was the stepping stone to seeing all his goals fulfilled. Knowing what a client wanted and expected had always been second nature to him. Justin Taylor would be no different.

 

With an unmasked look of irritation on his face, he slid the door open, his eyes rolling at the look of excited glee on Michael's face. He raised his brows as Michael virtually bounced as he stood there, his face delivering a cold, disinterested stare. "Well, Michael? Can you speak?"

 

Michael peered over Brian's shoulder, obviously looking to see if someone else was with him. "Are you alone?" His friend asked in a barely audible whisper, his body language displaying his hope to come inside and see for himself.

 

"Unfortunately not..." Brian replied drolly, opening the door wider and allowing Michael to pass through. He watched Michael's eyes moving around the loft, knowing he was looking for signs of the previous night. If Michael had a brain in his head, he would know the night of debauchery he had planned hadn't taken place. It was doubtful he would have had everything restored to order this quickly.

 

"I don't believe it..." Michael said, his eyes wide as they swept the room. "You must have tossed him out quicker than usual." Shrugging his shoulders, Michael snorted derisively. "Serves him right for being so damned arrogant. I guess he met his match."

 

If only, Brian thought to himself. He had replayed his meeting with Justin Taylor - over and over in his mind. He hadn't liked the end result at any time. Not only had he been overwhelmed, and off of his game - something that never happened to him, he had felt weakened by the encounter. He had to wonder how the next meeting would go. Would it be more of the same... or would he get his own back? "Was there a reason for your visit, Mikey? I am trying to do some work today..."

 

Michael instantly interrupted, "W-work? Since when do you work on a Saturday morning? What the fuck, Brian? It's a good thing I stopped by. We wondered why you weren't at the gym this morning." Smiling at his friend in determination, deciding that he would save his best friend from a day of monotony, Michael told him, "Finish getting dressed, Bri. We'll spend the day together... just the two of us. It's been so long since we've done that."

 

"As exciting as that sounds - or not, as the case may be - I have work to do. Give your boyfriend a call. I'm sure he'll be glad to accommodate both you and your whims." Brian cringed each time as he thought of Dr. David Cameron as Michael's boyfriend. He didn't like the man. As much as Michael could be a clinging annoyance, he did think he could do much better.

 

"I can't. David is away at a medical conference. I told you that a few days ago. Don't you remember!?" Michael petulantly asked, his voice displaying his distress that Brian would have forgotten anything he had told him. "C'mon, Brian. What could be so important that you have to work all day on a Saturday?"

 

Brian stared at Michael blankly, knowing he had to force him out - if he was going to accomplish anything today. "Only an account that could make Kinnetik a global entity." He pushed Michael in the direction of the door, his tone slightly condescending when he spoke, "Bye-bye, Mikey. I'm sure I'll see you at Woody's later..."

 

Michael gasped. He could always read Brian's actions so well. How had he missed it when he arrived? "You're going after Justin Taylor as a client. Not only that, but you struck out last night. Brian Kinney got turned down!"

 

Not responding further, Brian pushed Michael out the door, his patience with this discussion had long ended. "Goodbye, Michael." Brian slammed the door shut, securing the lock immediately afterward. He didn't need to see the stunned expression on his friend's face. There wasn't a doubt that he was still reeling in shock. He had been rejected by a man he had thought to be an easy mark. A man he wanted badly. Somehow he had to balance the scales in his favor. At the moment, his best chance for success seemed like using the ‘wow' factor at their meeting Monday morning. Once he had Justin Taylor in bed with him on a business level; only then, could he move toward doing what he did best. Taking care of the client in every possible way.

 

TBC