- Text Size +

Chapter 12


Aiden was so excited.  The last day of school before Christmas and tomorrow morning almost everybody he loved was going to be on the same plane going to the cabin.  The only one missing would be Cass.  She was moving out of the apartment and, although she was still going to take care of him sometimes it would not be as much. He was sad she was going to live somewhere else and his dads said she would probably quit taking care of him after school was done this year. At least he knew GC would be loved because Cass promised she would take care of him. 

Gus and JR picked up Raymond and Aiden at their school and after dropping JR and Raymond off at their house, Gus took Aiden out for some ice cream before going home. He texted Justin and told them they were getting ice cream and asked if he would like something.  “No thanks, Gus. I will see you when you get home.”

Gus helped Aiden pick his ice cream and Gus ordered one scoop for both of them and they sat down at a table to eat them. Gus’ mind wandered to Justin.  He usually was so excited at Christmas time but this year he had been quiet. He was sure it was hard not to be able to do all the normal things.  He had to miss all his normal holiday parties which made him feel detached from all those at his office. 

“Gus, did you hear me?”

“I’m sorry, Aid. What were you saying?”

“I wondered if GC would be sad because he wasn’t with us for Christmas.”

“Cass will take good care of him.”

“Are you sure? I know she will but will he be sad?”

“GC will be fine.” Gus’ words were a little short.

“Gus, are you mad at me?” Aiden reached across the table and touched his hand.

“Oh no, little bro,” he turned his hand over and squeezed Aiden’s gently. “Dad said he didn’t want ice cream but maybe we could bring him a piece of that fudge they have on the counter.”

“He would like that.”

“I think so, too.  I think the Christmas fudge with crushed peppermint.”

“Gus, why is Daddy sad?”

“I don’t think he’s really sad but you know when you have been sick you miss school and your teacher and friends?”

“Ya, I haven’t been sick this year and I’m glad.  Uncle Dr. Victor says I’m doing good.”

“You have been really strong this year.  I think Dad is just missing his normal routine.”

“I hope he feels better soon.”

“So do I, bro. You done with that cone?”

Aiden nodded and then said, “I need to wash my hands.”

“There is a sink right over there,” the employee pointed Aiden in the right direction.  “Your brother is really cute.”

“He’s a good kid. Can we have a little box of the Christmas fudge?”  Gus had never seen this girl here before. “Did you just start working here?”

“Yes, my family moved last week.  I finished up my last semester of high school before we moved. Do you go to high school on Cochran?”

“Ya, I’m a Junior but am graduating early and will be done this spring.” Gus looked over at Aiden who was making sure he had ever speck of stickiness off his hands. “What’s your name?” 

“I’m Melody, but people call me Mel.”

“That’s Gus’ mom’s name.”  Aiden said as he walked up.  “You have pretty skin.  It is the color of my bestest friend, Raymond.”

Mel smiled down at him, “Well, aren’t you a little charmer. What’s your name?”

“Aiden.”

“Well, Aiden, does your brother have a girlfriend?”

“No, and he doesn’t have a boyfriend either.”

“Thanks for clarifying that, Aiden.”

“We better go, Aiden.  Melody, we are leaving town tomorrow until the first week of January but, can I call you when we come back?”

“Let me see your phone.” Gus handed it to her and she punched something in and then turned her back to them and took a selfie.  “Now you have my numbers and my picture. I look forward to hearing from you, Gus.”  Melody turned to the customers that had just walked in and Gus and Aiden walked out.

“You like her!” Aiden said as Gus tied him in his car seat. Gus got into the driver seat.  “She’s nice and really pretty.”

“That she is.  I think I will give,” he looked at his phone, “Melody Jackson a call sometime.” He handed his phone to Aiden and pulled out onto the road.  

When they arrived at home Aiden ran ahead of Gus. “Daddy, we bought you some Christmas fudge.” He ran to the sofa and into Justin’s arms. After a big hug he handed Justin the box just as Gus walked in.  “Daddy, I think Gus has a new girlfriend.” Aiden smiled over Justin’s shoulder at Gus as he walked over and dropped into a chair near them.

“I wouldn’t say I have a girlfriend but I did meet a nice girl at the ice cream parlor.  She’s new to town. She gave me her number and I told her we would be gone for a couple weeks so she doesn’t think I am not interested if I can’t contact her right away.”

“Well, that sounds promising.”

“How’s your head?” Aiden asked Justin, leaving an arm looped around his neck.

“It’s still there, isn’t it?”Justin asked.

“Silly Daddy.”

“As long as I don’t move too fast, it is getting better.” Justin opened the small box of fudge he picked up a piece and sank his teeth into it. “Oh, this is good. Thanks, guys.  This is just what I needed.  Have you started packing, Gus?”

“Yes, I just need to add a few things. Have you seen Cass this afternoon?”

“I have.  She was on her way out.  She will be back tomorrow morning about 10:00, after we have left.”

“Oh, Ok.  I am going to bring her gift to her apartment.”

“Gus, can you bring mine out there, too?”

“Sure, Aid, go get it,” with that Aiden ran out of the room.

Justin patted the sofa and Gus dropped next to him.  “How are you feeling about Cass moving out?”

“I think it is time.  A part of me will always love her but It just doesn’t make sense.  She is ready to settle down and I am just starting to fly. Speaking of flying,” Aiden ran in holding a Christmas bag.

“Here you go, Gus. Thank you.”

“I’ll be back in a little bit.  I need to write her a note and then I will come back and clean out the fridge for dinner.”

“No rush, Aiden is going to tell me all about his Christmas party at school.”


Gus slipped a jacket on and grabbed his gift bag along with Aiden’s and ran across the yard. Justin watched him go.  He knew this was harder on Gus then he wanted it to be but maybe this girl he met will be just what he needed. 

Gus walked into Cass’ apartment as he let himself in. He set the bags on the counter and then sat down and took the note pad laying there and started writing. 

“Dear Cassandra,

I hope this guy deserves you because you deserve the very best.  If things were different I wouldn’t let you go but this is best for both of us.  I want you to have the world. Know you will always own a little of my heart and if you ever need me, no matter where I am, I will be there for you.

Love,

Gus”


Gus dropped his head in his hands.  He really did want what was best for her. He couldn’t be her lover but he could be her friend and that would be enough. He sat there a couple minutes, breathing in the scent that was solely Cass. He stood and pulled his phone out of his pocket.  He scrolled through his friends and when he got to the M’s he stopped at Melody. He started texting, ‘Hi, Mel, it was great meeting you today.  I will be in Montana until the New Year and reception is really bad up there. I would love to take you out the first Saturday in January. If I have a connection, I’ll text after Christmas.’  He liked her.  He had a feeling she was just what he needed.


Everyone made it an early night.  It took Aiden a bit to calm down but eventually he calmed down and Brian and Justin finished the packing and dropped into bed.  Having been on his feet for some time Justin felt almost queasy from the dizziness he felt. Brian reached over and tried to pull him close but Justin rolled to the far side of the bed. “Seriously, do you really think I want to have sex when I feel this shitty?”

“Justin, did I say anything about sex? I just want to feel you next to me.  I want to hold you.”

“Well, maybe I don’t want to be touched.  I have felt off kilter for weeks but that shouldn’t concern you. I couldn’t do my own Christmas shopping this year.  My mom is getting married and I may not even be able to stand up at her wedding so don’t touch me!”

“Don’t worry, that is the last thing on my mind right now.” Brian got out of bed and walked out of the room.  He went next door to Aiden’s room and slipped into bed with him. In his sleep, Aiden pressed against his daddy.  At least somebody wanted him in their bed. He put an arm around Aiden and he fell asleep.


When Brian returned to their bedroom in the morning, Justin was already out of the shower and getting dressed. “Is Aiden up?” Justin asked.

“Yes, he is getting dressed right now.  Babe, I…”

“I’m going downstairs and make sure the presents are ready.”

“Justin, please.” Brian reached out and took his hand. He kissed him but when he tried to deepen it, Justin pulled away and almost fell. Brian grabbed him but once he was balanced again, Justin walked away.  Brian stood by the door, making sure he made it down the steps.  Brian quickly showered himself and threw the last of his toiletries in his bag.  He set his bag along with Justin’s by the steps and then went to check on Aiden.  

“Big Daddy, why did you sleep with me last night?” Aiden asked as Brian helped him comb his hair.

“Your daddy just wasn’t feeling very well.”

“Is he going to be sick forever?”

“I don’t think so.  Victor assures us he will be better soon.”

“I don’t like it when Daddy is sad.”

“Neither do I, Aiden.” Brian kissed his son, “Can you manage carrying your backpack downstairs?”

“Sure, Big Daddy.”

“I’m going to check on your brother and we will be down shortly.”

Brian knocked on Gus’ door and it opened immediately. “I’m ready, Dad.”

“Good, can you grab your brother’s suitcase.  I have Justin’s and mine.”

“Dad, you don’t seem very excited about this.”

“I slept with your brother last night.”

“Oh, that doesn’t sound good.”

“Don’t worry about it.  Justin is just getting worn down.  He loves this time of year and he missed out on so many things.”

“Dad, he’s not mad at you. He’s just mad.”

“Well, right now it definitely feels like I am the target.” There was a honk and the doorbell rang.  “That’s our ride.” Justin and Aiden walked to the door and opened it.  JR stood there along with the driver.  They started loading the van with the luggage and soon they were on the way to the airport. Justin’s family would meet them at the plane.

Victor and Ted instantly felt the tension between Brian and Justin and neither of them said much but the boys were excited and kept the conversation going on the short ride. Soon they were at the airport and Trisha joined the boys on the plane and the older boys helped load the plane before everyone got on the plane and strapped in.  Justin had sat down but when Brian began sitting next to him, Justin gave him a look that told him he wasn’t welcome. “Fine, Justin.” He said under his breath and he moved to the back of the plane and sat in the back row.  

Jenn started out sitting next to Joe but after an hour or so she moved back to her grandchildren and, after playing with them for an hour, she sat next to Brian.  “Want to talk about it?”

“There really isn’t anything to talk about.  He can’t stand even looking at me right now.  I know he doesn’t mean it but I just don’t know what to say anymore.  He is worried he will ruin your wedding if he can’t stand during the wedding.  If I am close to him, I am too close. If I move away he says I don’t want to be near him. “I just don’t know what to do anymore.”

“When we get to the cabin, Justin will feel better.  That has always been your special place.” Jenn hugged Brian.  “And if he doesn’t I’ll talk to him.”

“Thanks, Jenn, but I think I need to talk to him as soon as we get there. He needs to realize what he perceived isn’t true.”

“I think he realizes that. He just knows the one he loves the most won’t go anywhere.” She stood and moved back to Joe who kissed her as soon as she sat down. 

When the plane landed Brian and Justin rode in separate vehicles. When they arrived at the cabin, Molly and her family were dropped off at the bunkhouse.  Ted, Victor and their boys took one of the vehicles to their new cabin while Joe and Jenn, along with Justin, Brian, and the boys entered the cabin.  Justin went right back to their room. Brian turned to Jenn and she nodded. Brian followed Justin and neither of them would be leaving that room until this was settled.

Brian walked in and locked the door, sticking the key in his pocket. “Brian, what are you doing here? Haven’t I made myself…” he rocked and grabbed for the bedpost so he wouldn’t fall. Brian took a couple of steps toward him but stopped short when he could see Justin was stable again. “Why can’t you just leave me alone?”

“Because I love you and I did just leave you alone for the entire flight here.” Brian moved to him and reached out for him and Justin, trying to move away from Brian’s touch, ended up sitting on the bed. Brian sat on the bed near but not touching Justin. “Justin, I don’t deserve this.”

Justin turned his back to him but then slowly turned around and Brian took him in his arms, holding him close. He fought for a moment and then he gave in and collapsed against him. They were silent for several minutes and then Justin softly said, “You’re right, you don’t deserve my shit. I just still feel crappy and I wanted Mom’s wedding to be perfect and…”

Brian put a hand on either side of Justin’s face and tilted his head up.  His lips closed over Justin’s and as he deepened it, Justin pressed his body against Brian causing them both to fall back onto the mattress.  “Fuck! As much as I want to do that, let’s wait until bedtime.  You can stay here for a while if you want.”

“No, Bri, I need to apologize and then we need to talk to Ted and Vic and see what their plan is for tonight and Mol, Spenc, and Tasha will be here shortly.”

“Ted and Vic are planning on spending time with their boys tonight. Gus can go  later if he wants to sleep there or he can bunk with Aiden tonight.”

Justin kissed Brian once more with all the promise of what would come later. “I love you because you love me even when I am a jackass.”

“How could I not love someone with that ass?” Brian offered Justin his arm and they walked out of the room together.


Molly and Jenn looked through the kitchen with Gus and were planning something for dinner that night.  They had a fridge and freezer full of food, along with a pantry of canned and dry goods. Justin leaned on the doorway and had to smile as Gus was working on a dessert for tonight and had dough rising for rolls for the next morning. Molly walked over to her big brother and hugged him.  “Are you all better?”

“Well, mentally.  I actually feel dizzier right now than I have for a few days.  I think it might be the altitude. Victor warned me it might take me a day or two to adjust but I will be fine.” Justin kissed her cheek.  “We need to find some time to plan the rest of this wedding.”

“I’m making a cake.” Gus said as he walked past.  “Gram, what flavor do you want?”

“Gus, you are too sweet.  Could you do something with caramel? It could be white or chocolate cake with some kind of caramel in it?”

“Do you like apple? I think a spice cake with layers of caramel and apple filling.”

“That sounds perfect. You are so sweet, Gus.  I don’t want you to feel like you have to spend your whole vacation in the kitchen.” 

“I am going to see if I can use JR’s kitchen and he will help.  We don’t need a huge cake so I will be able to move it easily.”  As Gus worked on his bread dough, Justin sat and talked to him. 

Brian, Joe, and Aiden bundled up and they went outside to show Joe around.  After Aiden showed Joe the barn loft, they found Tasha and Spencer coming their way. Soon a snowball fight ensued.  Justin heard the shouts and went to the window to watch his family playing in the snow. He knew he would feel off balance on the uneven ground. 

Gus walked over and hugged him. “Dad, I’m sorry you are feeling so bad. We are just so glad you could make it. You will be more acclimated tomorrow and we can go take a walk.”

Gus made sure Justin was stable before walking away when  the laughter outside came near and then was inside. Aiden and Tasha came in and threw snowballs at Justin and then giggling ran back onto the porch to get out of their wet clothes.

“Hey,” Justin called and then laughed.  

“I wonder who put them up to that?” Gus said.  “We both know Dad was involved.”

Moments later the kids and men walked in.  Aiden ran to Justin and kissed him.  “We didn’t hurt you, did we Daddy?”

“No, my love.” He grabbed Aiden and kissed him and pulled him onto his lap.  “Isn’t it fun being here in all this snow?”

“It is SOOOOO beautiful. When are we going to decorate?”

“We are going to do it after dinner tonight. Since you had all that fresh mountain air, why don’t you and Tash go up to your room and play a game or you could read to her.”

“Ok, Daddy.  Tash, you want to go up to my room?”

“Yes!” Tasha responded. And they were off. 

“You know they will be sleeping in ten minutes, right?” Spencer said to Justin.

“That’s the plan.  Between the time change and the fresh air they will need a rest and then they will be awake to help with the decorating. We can do everything but the tree tonight and tomorrow we will cut down a tree and decorate it.” Justin stood holding on to his brother in law until he got his bearings and then walked over to Brian, putting his arms around Brian’s waist.  “And don’t you think you got away with that snowball thing.  I know you put them up to it.” 

Brian said, “I missed out there playing so, I brought the playing in here,” and then claimed his lips.

After several moments, Gus walked over to them, “Enough already! Your mother is watching.”

Jenn and Molly walked over and each kissed one of Gus’ cheeks. “Gus, is there someone special in your life? As sweet as you are, you could have any girl,” Molly questioned.

“Well, I haven’t been seeing anyone but yesterday I met a girl at the ice cream shop with Aiden and I plan to ask her out when we get back.”

“Well, she is a lucky girl,” Jenn said to her grandson.  “And Molly is right.  She better be special.”


When dinner was over Brian and Gus started pulling out Christmas boxes.  Spenc and Joe helped move some of the furniture to the spots Justin directed.  Tomorrow a large Christmas tree would be cut down and brought in. Tasha and Aiden ran around bringing decorations to the adults and then they all sat around the living room sipping hot chocolate and listening to Christmas music and telling stories about Christmases of the past.  As Tasha started dozing off she and her mom and dad bundled up and, along with a very bright flashlight,  Tasha got up on her dad’s back and they walked back to the bunkhouse.  

“Come, little bro.  I’m bunking with you.  Let’s go brush our teeth and get some sleep.  Tomorrow we are going to hunt for a Christmas tree and bake cookies and start Grandma and Joe’s wedding cake.”

“Let me give hugs first.” Aiden kissed his grandma and did a special handshake with Joe. Then he gave both his dads hugs and kisses.  “Night everybody.  Love you.” And the boys were off to bed.

Brian got up and poured everyone a glass of wine.  The four talked about the wedding taking place Christmas evening.  “Mom, I am so glad you are so happy.”

“I have the man I love,” she kissed Joe. “My children are happy  and my grandchildren are so amazing.  I don’t know what else I could want.” Jenn looked closely at Justin, “Actually I can think of something I would like.  I wish Aiden could be cured and I wish you felt better.”

Justin carefully stood and after giving himself a couple seconds, he walked to his mom and she stood and they shared a long hug.  “Stay up as long as you want. We are heading to bed.” 

Brian wrapped his arm around Justin’s waist and propelled him down the hall to the bedroom. As soon as they got to the room, Justin started stripping off Brian’s shirt. Brian sat on the bed to make it easier and then in a quick move pulled Justin’s shirt off and pulled him between his knees so Brian could help him balance as he undid Justin’s fly. As his pants went down he stepped out of his pants and then dropped to his knees and quickly undid Brian’s pants.  He greedily went down on Brian’s cock and was so eager for a taste of him it was only seconds before his skill had Brian dropping back and thrusting toward Justin’s mouth. Justin lapped up all he had to offer and then moved so he was laying beside Brian on the bed.  

Brian rolled and hovered about Justin for a moment before he lowered his mouth and invaded Justin’s with his tongue. Justin’s hands moved down Brian’s back and then back up to rest on his upper back.  Brian explored Justin’s body until Justin pleaded for Brian to enter him and by that time Brian was ready. Justin offered Brian his back and Brian moved into him slowly and then moved as slowly as he could, driving Justin to near insanity before he made long, strong strokes bringing them both over the edge.  

When they had cooled down a bit, Justin softly said, “I am so sorry I acted like I did. I love you so much and I treated you like shit, even after you have been doing everything for me.”

“I would do anything for you and I understand your frustration. I learned to love from you.” He kissed him once more.  “Now, how early do you think Aiden will be up? We better get to sleep.”


By 9:00 a.m. everyone in the Taylor Kinney household was bundled up walking through six inches of new fallen snow.  They had a sled that Aiden and Tasha were riding on to the woods and where the tree would be laid as they drug it back to the cabin. As they walked past Ted and Victor’s new place, the door opened and JR and Raymond ran out. “Hey, our dads will be out in a minute. Our new house is so cool.  Gus, are you going to sleep at our place tonight? From my room you can see miles and miles.” JR was so excited he seemed to be the same age as Raymond.

“I think so.  I hope to bake the wedding cake at your place so Grandma and Joe won’t see it.”

“We’re here!” Ted called out as he and Victor arrived. “Before we walk on, Victor and I were talking and you are free to say no, but we were wondering if you would like to use our place for your wedding.  We love your cabin but since our place has an open floor plan there would be more room for everyone.”

“Mom, it is totally up to you but their place, from the plans, would be a perfect place for your wedding.”

Jenn looked at Joe and then at Justin, “Are you sure, Justin? We love your place but it would be quite crowded.

Brian put an arm around Justin and looked at him, “I think that would be perfect, Jenn.”

Jenn walked over and kissed Ted and then Victor’s cheeks. “Thank you so much.  I was thinking with the tree we would be so tight on room.”


An hour later they had found the tree and it wasn’t long before they were singing ‘Oh, Christmas Tree’ (by Ernst Anschütz).  Everyone was surprised by JR’s voice. He had a beautiful voice that soared and echoed through the trees and the valley below.  “JR,” Jenn asked, “Do you know ‘O Holy Night’?(by Adolphe Adam, John Sullivan Dwight)” 

“I think so.”

“Could you sing that at the wedding?”

“Sure.  I don’t know how good it will be.”

“Just sing it with that big heart of yours and it will be beautiful,” Jenn replied.

 

An hour later some were finishing the last of the tree while Jenn, Joe, Tasha, Aiden, and Raymond made lunch for everyone. The three children were excited to serve the meal but they were more excited about making and decorating cookies.  JR and Gus went to Ted and Victor’s house to start the wedding cake while the rest had a cookie decorating contest.  

Later that day they all went to Ted and Victor’s place so everyone could see their home for the first time and Ted and Victor had dinner ready for everyone.  They went home at 4:00 so they could have everything in the oven when the rest came over about 5:30.  When Ted and Victor left with Raymond, Tasha and Aiden went to rest so they would have plenty of energy for the evening activities. Tomorrow was Christmas Eve and, of course, Christmas followed along with the Wedding.  Once the wedding was over, there would be a week of relaxation before heading home early in the new year.  As the kids relaxed Justin lay down, too. 

At 5:00 Brian went to get Justin up.  He couldn’t resist slipping in bed and spooning with him, lightly kissing his neck to wake him up.  

Justin almost purred. “I know we don’t have time for what you have in mind.”

“It seems like you are feeling a lot better today.  Your balance seems to be better.”

“It really is,” Justin turned over and kissed him. “I don’t know why, but I’ll take it.  It is like a miracle. It is all I wanted for Christmas and I have gotten so much more.” Justin held onto him tightly for another moment.

Brian put a little space between them. “We better go, my love.”

 

Ted and Victor were the perfect hosts.  They had mulled wine and hot hors d'oeuvres for the adults and apple cider and lots of snacks for the kids as well. After the appetizers they all looked around the gorgeous house.  They all instantly knew where the ceremony would be held. There was a wall of glass that looked out over the valley below. The moon twinkled off the snow and the pine trees.

“Oh, guys, this is stunning,” Molly said to Ted and Victor.  “This place is stunning! Mom, you could come down that staircase.  This is going to be so beautiful.”

They enjoyed prime rib and baked potatoes with multiple side dishes.  And for dessert the kids made smores in the fireplace. When the kids started drooping and the teens were ready to start working on the wedding cake, Brian and Justin, Joe and Jenn, Spencer and Molly; and Aiden and Tasha walked back to the other cabin.  

“Is tomorrow Christmas?” Tasha asked softly as she was carried in her daddy’s arms.

“No, sweetie,” Molly replied.  “Tomorrow is Christmas Eve.”

“Is that when we are telling Grandma about the baby?” 

Molly stopped walking and turned to look at her mother and the rest of her family. “Surprise?” she said with a huge smile on her face.  “We were going to wait until tomorrow but it doesn’t matter.”

Jenn closed the glass between her daughter and hugged her, “Really? A new baby?”

“Yes, Mom. I’m due at the end of July.” There were hugs and back slaps as they walked the remainder of the way.  “We will see you all in the morning,” Molly said as her family continued on to the bunkhouse.


Christmas Eve was a day of laughter and games. It was snowing pretty hard most of the days so everyone stayed indoors but by 5:00 p.m. Gus and JR had finished frosting the cake and everyone from the site of the wedding walked over to enjoy Christmas Eve together. JR and Gus pulled a sled full of Christmas gifts while Ted and Victor each held on to one of Raymond’s hands as they walked behind.

“C'est tellement parfait,” Victor’s soft voice lilted.

“It is perfect, isn’t it.” Ted said, “Ray, are you having a good time so far?”

“Daddy Ted, this is the best place I have ever been.  I miss my mom a little but I know I will get to see her in a couple weeks.”

“Yes, you will and we couldn’t be any happier to have you with us right now.”

“Daddies,” Ray stopped and looked at Ted and then at Victor.  “I love you both so much.” Both Ted and Victor hugged him and together they picked him up and made a chair with their arms carrying him the rest of the way. 

The house was filled with the scents of spices and food for the evening meal.  There were pots of bubbling soup and fresh biscuits on the stove. After they ate they would open all the gifts. Everyone had decided that other than their own children, they would just give something small to each couple and child. What made this year special was they were all together in the wonderland they were in.

There was chili and a flavorful chicken noodle soup along with a creamy cheese.  Everyone ate their fill with the biscuits and cheese. “Daddy,” Aiden said to Justin. “Are you feeling all better now?”

“Almost.  I know I am feeling well enough to open gifts.  How about you?”

“YEAH! Time for presents!”

There was laughter and cheers of excitement from the kids as paper flew and gifts were unveiled. A half hour later Gus and JR brought out trays of goodies they had made while cakes were cooling today.  Spiced tea was passed around and soon the party was breaking up.  Tomorrow was Christmas and there was a wedding being held.  They decided 5:00 pm would be the perfect time. It gave them time to get Jennifer ready as well as give Gus time to assemble the cake. It was going to be a special day for all of them.

Brian and Justin lay in bed. “Sometimes I miss that small bed that was here the first time we were.” Justin said as he pressed his body tightly against Brian’s. “I am, however, glad you aren’t the temperature of a popsicle this time.” He drug his tongue down Brian’s back. “But I am glad that we are still naked.” Justin moved and then positioned himself before entering Brian and then they moved as one. Brian grew hard and as Justin moved harder and faster Brian met him movement for movement.  And when Justin stop the movement all together he reached around Brian’s body and he ran his hand the length of his cock, Brian grunted and Justin’s hand was not only filled with precum but the white viscous liquid that Brian couldn’t hold back.


At 6:15 Justin woke as the door creaked open. He waved Aiden in and he walked to Justin’s side of the bed. “What are you doing awake so early?” he whispered as he pulled Aiden into bed with them.

“Gus just left to decorate the cake and I woke up. “Can I crawl under the covers or are you naked?”

“You may snuggle in right between us.” Justin was glad after their lovemaking they had taken a quick shower and pulled on some shorts.

Brian turned over and faced Justin and Aiden, “Hi, Big Daddy.  I’m sorry I woke you up.” Aiden kissed his cheek.

“A kiss from you always makes me happy.” Brian pulled him close and took a deep breath, taking the scent of his son. Their little boy was growing up and their oldest would be leaving soon. Where had the time go?

The three of them lay there talking softly and dozing now and then for about an hour before getting up so they could make breakfast for the bride and groom.

There were biscuits left over from dinner so they made sausage gravy and eggs. Soon Jenn and Joe came downstairs, both with a glow around them. Aiden came over to his grandma to get a hug and Joe scooped him up into his arms and hugged him too. “Can I call you Grandpa now?”  Aiden asked him.

“I would love that.”

“Ok, Grandpa.” Joe set him down.  “Daddy has breakfast ready.”

As Aiden mentioned breakfast the back door opened and the three from the bunkhouse arrived.  “I hope the food is ready, bro.  This pregnant woman is hungry!”

After breakfast Joe made sure he had everything he would need for the wedding and Molly and her mother went upstairs to start getting ready for the wedding.


Over at Ted and Victor’s Gus with JR’s help were starting to assemble the cake.  Victor walked in and stopped in his tracks. “Gus and JR, that cake is stunning. It is just beautiful. The detail is so amazing.”

“Do you think Grandma and Joe will like it?”

“Oh, Gus, love isn’t a strong enough word.  Now, you have been working most of the night. You two go take a nap.  I will wake you if you aren’t up by 4:00.”

JR and Gus moved upstairs and soon they were both sound asleep.


Joe arrived at 4:00 and was sent to a small study to wait.  Jenn arrived at 4:30 and was escorted to the master bedroom where Molly helped her with touching up her makeup and then Justin went up to join them. He tapped on the door, “Mom, can I come in?”

“Sure, honey.”

Justin walked in.  “Mom, you are so beautiful. Joe is a lucky man.”

“And I am a very blessed woman. I have two amazing children who have spouses I love as well.  I have three adorable grandchildren and one on the way.  And Joe is the love of my life. I hope that doesn’t sound terrible but your father and I never had the bond I have with him.”

“That’s not bad, Mom. Dad was never as warm as Joe.” Molly responded.

Victor’s voice came through the door.  “Brian said the music is starting. I am taking Joe down now.  Give us five minutes.”

Gus and Aiden, along with Tasha and Spencer were sitting on a sofa near the spot the wedding would take place. Ted and Victor and Ray sat nearby and JR was behind them where he started the music and would stand to sing.

Joe walked in with Brian where they stood in front of the windows where the sky was starting to turn pinks and purples.  JR started the music and they heard the door upstairs open.  They all stood and watched Jenn with her son and daughter on either side come down the beautiful stair where they walked her to stand next to Joe.  Tasha stood by her mom and Aiden stood by Justin as Brian started the ceremony. It was short but perfect.  Ted took pictures while Brian completed the ceremony and just as JR started singing ‘O Holy Night’ the sun dropped below a mountain peak and as they kissed Brian moved to Justin’s side and the bride and groom literally appeared to be radiating light. JR finished the song and everyone cheered for the new couple.

The rest of the evening everyone enjoyed wine and food, not to mention the spiced cake with caramel between the layers, along with a creamy filling.  As the evening wrapped up Jenn and Joe started to talk about returning to the cabin.  Ted and Victor walked over to them, “We would like you to stay here tonight.  We have freshened up our room.  You can have the house to yourself.”  Ted finished kissing Jenn’s cheek.

“Oh no, we can’t kick you out of your beautiful place,” Jen protested.

“Yes you can.  We will sleep in your room at the cabin and Ray can sleep with Aiden while Gus and JR can camp out in the living room.  We have all talked about this.  There is a bottle of champagne in the refrigerator and feel free to help yourself to anything you see.” Victor slipped his arm into the coat Ted was holding up for him. 

There were hugs and kisses and a few more tears as Jenn and Joe waved as their friends and family walked toward the house down the lane.

As the kids ran ahead the three couples strolled hand in hand. Brian and Justin hung back a little. “Brian, you were amazing.  You made it so special.”

Brian stopped and put his arms around Justin, pulling him close. “Justin, your family is my family. I love your mom more than I ever loved my own. You are the reason my life is perfect.”

“And this is where it started.  I hated you so much when we met but when you let your heart accept that love was not a bad word, I couldn’t stop loving you, even when I tried.  You know, things are changing so fast.  Do you ever think about what the future holds?”

“As long as you are there with me I can’t wait.  Our family will only grow and improve.” Brian pressed his warm supple  lips to Justin’s.

“Daddies, are you coming? Can we get in the hot tub?” Aiden called from the cabin.

“Sure, son,” Brian called. “We are on our way.”  Softly he said, “I love you, Justin Taylor.”

“Sounds like we are going for a dip.”  He linked his arm with Brian’s as they walked forward. “I love you, too, and look forward to seeing what we are doing in ten years.


The End