- Text Size +

Chapter 4


The storm passed but the rain continued. By Saturday morning, Gus was ready to go to Ted and Victor’s.  He was glad his mom had found someone to love and he didn’t dislike Nick but he didn’t know the guy and to see his mom all over him just made him cringe a bit.  It would be the same if he was with his other mom and she was with her new girlfriend.  Divorce was never easy for anyone.  He wished them well, but he knew his dads would never separate so he was just going to stay with them. 

“Mom, can you bring me over to Uncle Ted’s,” Gus said as he walked into the kitchen.  

Lindsay walked over and kissed his cheek.  “Already? I thought you would stay until after lunch.  I thought we could do something.  I hardly ever see you, Gus.”

“Mom, we’ve all been busy and JR and I have plans.  We are going to work on a project for school.” 

“Are you sure it can’t wait until tomorrow?” Lindsay said disappointedly.

“No, Mom.  If you can’t drive me over I can call Uncle Ted or Vic.”

“I was going to make a nice brunch for us.”

“Lin,” Nick said, “If Gus wants to go, I can drive him while you make our brunch.” He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms tightly around her.  Gus was fairly sure he was squeezing her tits but he couldn’t see from this angle, thank god.

“Well, I guess if you have school work, I can’t say no.” She walked over and hugged him. “I love you, Gus.  Come back soon!”

“Love you, too, Mom.”

“Ready to go?” Nick asked Gus.

“Ya,” Gus said as he picked up his duffle bag. As they walked out, Gus looked at Nick.  “Thanks for driving me over.” They got in his car and Gus gave him directions.

“No problem. Gus, I am sure this is weird for you but I want you to know, I really love your mom and you are welcome at your house anytime but I’ll make sure she’s cool with it.”

“Thanks, Nick. I will try to come by more often.”

“Gus, do you want to spend more time with us or are you happy with the way things are? I am not trying to guilt you into anything.  I was 16 a few years back.”

“Thanks, Nick.  I feel like I just got my life back together after all their shit and I haven’t quite gotten over that.  I love them both and I am glad they finally are happy.”

“I will do my best to keep her that way.”

Gus looked over at him, “Good and just let her know how happy I am with my dads.  They really are what I need right now.”  Nick turned into the drive.

“Nice place.  One’s a doctor, right?”

“Ya, he has been taking care of my brother since he was really young.” Gus said as he got out of the car. “Thanks, again.”  Nick waved and drove away while Gus ran to the door in the rain. Gus was glad they had a roof over their front door as he waited for it to open.

“Hey, bro,” JR and Gus bumped chests as Gus moved inside. “Damn but it got cold over night, not to mention the rain.”

“Guuuuusssssss!” Aiden came running down the hall and into Gus’ arms. 

“Hey, little bro, how are you?”

“I’m better now that you are here.  I know everyone here loves me but you’re my brother.”

“Well, now we will be in the same house the rest of the weekend.”

“Aiden, I got the game ready.” Raymond said from down the hall.

“I’m coming.” Aiden kissed Gus’ cheek and ran to his friend.

JR and Gus brought Gus’ bag to his room.  Gus pulled out his computer and set it down by the bed and then he realized JR hadn’t really said anything since he got there. “Hey, is everything Ok with you?”

“Sure,” he replied with no enthusiasm.

“Come on, JR, what is it?”

“I think it is just the weather.  I don’t like cloudy weather like this.” 

Gus looked at JR and saw a real fear in his eyes. He walked over and had JR sit on his bed and he sat next to him.  “What is it, JR? Is there a reason you don’t like the rain?”

JR stood and walked to the window, staring outside so he didn’t have to face Gus. “I used to love to play in the rain.  But then Mom got pregnant with Ray and he moved in.  Mom started working doubles all the time because he wouldn’t find a job for his lazy ass. He came to my room for the first time in a storm and every storm after that if my mom was gone.”

“JR, you don’t have to tell me this if you don’t want to.  It is none of my business.” Gus was really not sure he could handle whatever he was going to say.

“Gus, he went into RayMan’s room.  That’s when I knew he couldn’t live there anymore.”

“Fuck, JR.  Did he hurt you? Did he…”

“No, he never screwed me although he often said he was sure I would like it. He would just lay really close and he would want me to touch him and he would touch me.  Shit, Gus, I know I’m gay but that doesn’t mean I would want to be with any guy. He was supposed to be my father, at least my father figure and all he could think about was the next time he could squeeze my dick.”

Gus stood and walked up to him. He put a hand on his shoulder, not knowing what to say. JR turned into Gus’ arms and Gus held him.  “I wouldn’t let him do that to Ray.  I’m his big brother.”

“And you are a great big brother. JR, you need to tell Ted and Victor.  That is the only way we can be sure he doesn’t get Raymond back.  This is only temporary right now but I know they will keep you two together. You know they love you both.”

“Ray deserves to be raised like this.  He deserves to not be scared every time it rains.” 

Gus wiped the tears off of his friend’s face. “I can tell them for you or I can go with you and you can tell them.  They need to know those details so they will never take Ray.” 

“Gus, not now.  Tonight when the kids are sleeping.  I promise.  I will tell them then.” JR looked in Gus’ eyes and said, “Gus, can we kiss again? Last time we did it helped me forget.  I don’t want to remember it.” JR reached out and touched Gus’ cheek and then his hand slid to the back of his neck and pulled him closer.  Gus leaned in and they kissed softly but slowly it got more intense. Soon, together they moved across the room and stretched out on the bed together.  “Gus, I just need to feel someone against me.  I’m not expecting more.”

Gus took his hand and kissed him again.


By the time Brian and Justin made it downstairs they were starving.  Brian made them each a double espresso while Justin took yogurt and jam out of the refrigerator.  He then warmed up some of the rolls Brian had bought yesterday to go with  them. They had put their robes on, knowing it would be chilly down there.  Brian carried the coffee to the fireplace and started it while Justin brought the tray and they sat on the rug together.  They ate buttery croissants with sweet peach preserves. Along with the bitter coffee and cool yogurt they shared bites of this and that and when they had finished it was after noon. They went out to the hot tub and with the brisk air and soft rain it felt amazing.  

“Justin, if there was one place you could be right now, where would it be?”

“I would be right here in your arms. The only thing I wish is that I could talk to the boys.  I know Gus can deal with anything but Aid…” Justin laid his head on Brian’s shoulder. “I know he is in the best of hands but I don’t know if I have ever gone this long without talking to him.”

“Well then, I guess it is a good thing I have my phone close.” He reached out of the tub and into his robe pocket which was lying about a foot from the tub and pulled his phone out.  “Call Ted,” Brian said and his phone said, “Calling Ted.” It rang and then a familiar voice came on.

“Hey, Bri, I am almost surprised you didn’t call last night.”

“Is Aiden nearby?”

“Last I saw him and Raymond, they were in a blanket tent watching a movie in the family room.  I am sure he will be glad to talk to you.” Ted walked to the boy’s hideaway. “Aiden there are a couple guys that want to talk to you.”

Aiden’s little blond head popped out, “Who are they, Uncle Ted? Is it my daddies? Let me talk to them! Let me talk to them!  He squirmed out and reached for Ted’s phone. “Daddies!” Aiden called out.

“Hey, Aiden.” Justin called out.  “How are you, son? I miss you so much.”

“I miss you, too, Daddy.”

“Are you having fun with Raymond?”

“I am.  We built a fort and we are watching a bunch of movies.  We were going to go to the park but it is raining too much. And Raymond doesn’t like the rain. Oops, I wasn’t supposed to say that.  Don’t tell him I said that, Ok?”

“It is our secret,” Brian said.  

“Oh, Big Daddy, I miss you, too.  Does GC miss me?”

“He does,” Justin said.  He is just sulking in front of the fireplace.

“Give him a hug and kiss from me.”

“We will. Give your brother a kiss for us.  Gus did get there, didn’t he?”

“Ya, he was here right after breakfast. I’m glad my brother is here but you two are supposed to be having alone time.”

“Yes, we are and we are having lots of fun but we miss you so much.” Justin leaned against Brian.

“Love you, too, Daddies, and I will see you tomorrow.”

They said their goodbyes and hung up. Justin’s hand slid between Brian’s thighs and he took possession of his cock, “Thank you for understanding.”

“I understand you have more love than any man I know and our boys are so lucky to have you for a father and there is no one, and I mean NO ONE I would rather be with now or any time.” Brian’s head lulled back.  “And, good lord, that feels so good.”

“It’s going to feel even better when you drive that inside of me.” Brian groaned as Justin gently squeezed his balls. 


Brian and Justin showered and pulled on sweats.  They loved being naked together but they didn’t feel like turning on the furnace yet so clothes were required to be comfortable, at least for now.

“I was thinking,” Justin said as he started putting something together for dinner, “maybe we could all go to the cabin for Christmas.  Ted and Victor have put a rush on their place and it should be done by then.  And there should be enough room for Mom in the cabin and Molly and Spenc and Tash could stay in the bunkhouse.  We have never been there for Christmas with the kids.”

“I love that idea. You do know that high up we could get stuck for a while.” Brian said as he peeled potatoes. 

“Well, we will have our doctor with us and he could bring along plenty of Aiden’s meds. I can just imagine how beautiful it will be.” Justin was excited now. “Do you think the caretaker will get it ready for us in the middle of the winter?”

“I am sure we can make that happen. And if Cass is around she can watch GC.  He loves her and could stay at the house then.”

“We can talk to Victor and Ted about it tomorrow.” Brian turned on the indoor grill and oiled, salted, and peppered the swordfish steaks. “Can you think of anything you’d like to do for the few minutes the grill is heating up?” his arm snaked around Justin’s waist and kissed him lightly. “We owe Gus bigtime for planning this weekend.”

“How about a car for his birthday? It is about a month away and I think he has earned our trust enough to get him one.  Plus it will be easier for him to stop by his moms and not have to stay when he is ready to leave.”

“That is perfect.  We will cover the insurance but he will need to start volunteering someplace. His allowance will cover the gas.”

“I bet Victor and Ted have a list of good places to volunteer.  Before they got the kids they did a lot of that.” Justin was already thinking about places he knew and what he thought would interest Gus. He kissed Brian and wiggled out of his arms. “You drop the fish on and I will get the rest of the food out.”

Brian swatted Justin’s ass and smiled. “I’m on it.”


Gus and JR had spent about an hour on the bed.  They had kissed and although they didn’t undress there was lots of touching through their clothes. When they decided they better stop messing around  they both went to separate bathrooms and jerked off to relax the pressure they had caused.  And now they were sitting opposite each other at the table, next to their brothers with Ted and Victor on each end. Everyone had a great time.  They laughed and Aiden and Victor talked in French.  

“Will you teach me, Papa Victor? Then Aiden and I can talk and no one else will understand.” Ray asked him.

“I would love that, Raymond and Aiden could start teaching you some of it.  He has caught on really fast.”

“Aiden, can you teach me some words after dinner?”

“Sure.” Aiden said as he put another bite of lasagna in his mouth.

“So what did you two do all afternoon?” Ted asked the teenagers.

JR started to get flustered but Gus said, “You know us, we just hung out and played video games.”

“Oh, and we did part of a project for school,” JR chimed in.

“We weren’t accusing you of anything.  I don’t worry about you two.” Victor continued, “This is what I have always wanted.  Children in my house.  I love my Theodore but children make a home complete.” Victor blew a kiss to Ted and then the lighthearted conversation started again as Aiden explained the game he and Raymond had created that afternoon.

After dinner, while Ted helped Raymond take a shower, Victor gave Aiden a brief checkup and then had him shower in the master bath.  They spoke French throughout.  Victor noticed Aiden looked a little paler than usual but it was just that his summer tan was beginning to fade.  He loved this little boy as if he was his own and he would always watch him carefully.  

Soon the small boys were tucked in bed, promising they would go to sleep as soon as the movie they had started earlier in the day, was finished. As Ted and Victor walked out, Gus was waiting outside the room.  “Well, Gus, do you need something?”  

“JR wants to talk to you.  He’s waiting in the family room.”

“Gus, this sounds serious.” Ted said as he rested a hand on Gus’ shoulder.

“He has something to tell you and I know you two will handle it and know what to do.”

“Well, let’s go talk to our son. You know we love him, right?”

“I do, Uncle Victor and that is why I told him to tell you.” The three walked into the family room where JR stood looking out the window. 

JR glanced over his shoulder and then turned and looked at the building clouds. “It’s going to rain again.  I hate the rain.  Did Gus tell you that?” He took a deep breath. 

“I didn’t tell them anything except that you were in here,” Gus said.

JR continued to stare out the window as he told Ted and Victor why he hated rain.  He told them about Raymond’s dad coming in every time it rained and how dirty and wrong it felt.  He said when Raymond had called him the night he needed to get out of there, it had rained the night before and Ray’s dad had gotten in bed with him, saying it was so Ray wouldn’t be scared but it made Ray feel ‘funny’.  “I just don’t want my brother to go through what I did.”

Ted and Victor walked over to their foster son and wrapped their arms around JR.  Gus slipped out of the room and went to JR’s room.  

“JR, none of this was your fault.” Ted said as the three hugged.  

“We are so glad you told us. That is just what we need to keep Raymond away from the vile man. You will tell the social worker, won’t you?”

“I will do anything to keep him safe from that man,” JR said with conviction.

“You just saved your brother from the same fate,” Victor commented.  “And JR, if you need to talk we are here and if you want to talk to someone more privately, we can arrange that, too.  I know a couple great counselors.”

“I will think about it.  Thank you for watching out for him.”

“You are the one watching out for your brother.  We just can do something about it,” Ted said as he kissed JR’s cheek. Victor did the same before JR walked out and headed for his room.

Gus watched his friend walk into the room. “What did they say?”

“You were right, they were really cool about it. Gus, thanks for convincing me that was the right thing.  They said they are sure they will get to keep Raymond now. Thank you.”

“No problem.  Want to play something?” He pointed to the gaming system and chairs.

“Sure,” JR and Gus played for a couple hours and then it began to thunder.  

JR tensed.  “I need to check on RayMan.” 

“Sure, I’ll go with you and check on Aiden, too.”  The young men walked down the hall to the room the little boys were sleeping.  

They opened the door and found Ray sleeping and Aiden sleepily said, “I got him.” 

Gus walked in silently and kissed his brother, softly saying, “Come get us if you need us.  We are right next door.”  Aiden hugged his brother and the older boys went back to JR’s room.

“Want to play some more?” Gus asked as the sky outside lit up before hearing the thunder again. “Or are you ready for bed?”

“I think it’s about time for bed.” JR jumped when the thunder rolled through. Gus pulled on a T-shirt and shorts and so did JR. Gus looked at the bed and at the sleeping bag in the corner. “Don’t be silly.  There is plenty of room in this bed.” Gus got in on one side while JR dove in from the other side when the storm intensified. “Gus, you aren’t going…”

“Of course I won’t tell anyone. What you and I do is our business.”

“Are you sorry we did what we did this afternoon?”

“No. Let’s see if I’m sorry in the morning for what we do now.” Gus rolled closer to him and as their lips met, Gus’ hand slipped into JR’s shorts and began to stroke him. “Relax, JR. Let me give you a good memory about the rain.”   Gus was impressed at the size of JR’s cock.  As he hardened, Gus was aware of the girth and wondered how any guy would take that up his ass.

“Damn, Gus, that feels so amazing. I am hitting the boiling point.  Oh god, oh god, oh god” JR shot his load into his pants while Gus ran his fingers through it.

“I know it’s weird but I have always liked the feel of cum. Have you ever tasted it?”

“I thought that was too weird even for me.” JR watched Gus put his hand to his mouth and slowly licked it off. 

“It tastes salty.  Cass said she liked the taste of seaman and she said the flavor changes depending on what the guy eats.”

“Really?” JR 

“That’s what she said.”

“Gus, can I..”

“Touch me? I didn’t ask your permission.”

“Well then,” JR pulled the blanket down and moved slowly down the mattress.  He tugged on Gus’ shorts and then he slowly moved downward.  He looked into Gus in the eyes. “I have never done this before. May I?”  Gus nodded and relaxed against the pillow as JR’s warm mouth closed around him.  Gus’ mind went to Cass.  She knew quickly what got him off and she would prolong it by bringing him to a peak and then letting him come down a bit before bringing him back to the edge. JR didn’t make him wait.  It wasn’t long before Gus lost control and filled JR’s mouth with his jizz.

“JR you don’t have to swallow it.  Spit it out if you want to.  It won’t hurt my feelings.”

JR did just the opposite.  He seemed to savor it.  Gus shifted a little uncomfortable watching him. “Um, I’m going to take a quick shower,” Gus said and got out of the bed.  

“Gus, did I do something wrong?”

“No, not at all.  Do you want to shower first? I just think we are both sweaty and sticky.”  Gus was in and out of the shower in five minutes and without a word between them, JR entered when Gus left the bathroom, wearing only a towel.  Ten minutes later, JR entered his bedroom again with a towel wrapped around him.  “I hope you don’t mind.  I found clean sheets.  We both really sweat a lot.”

“Gus, we didn’t go too far, did we?”

“Not at all, unless you think we did.  I am fine.  Are you?”

“Did I do it right? I never did that before.”

“You were great, JR. Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, I would do anything for you.”

“Can I see it? You are massive and I think I am jealous.”

“You can’t tell me you never saw it in the locker room at school.”

“I guess I don’t look around that much.  Hell, I’ve seen my dads so many times…”

“I would give anything to see your dads like that.”

“Gross.  Have you ever seen Ted and Victor?”

“No, but I have heard them a couple times. I am just glad they love each other.”

“Ya, that makes me happy, too.” As Gus said that he grabbed JR’s towel.

“Fine!” JR put his hands on his hips and wiggled his hips.

“JR, when you are ready you will not have trouble finding a guy. As much as I enjoy messing around, I still know I am attracted to females but that doesn’t mean I don’t like being with you.  I just want to make it clear to you that…”

“Gus, I do understand.  I’m glad I get a chance to experiment a little bit.”

“Just don’t think you are ever going to stick that massive dick in me.”

“Do you think I am too big? I mean, are guys going to reject me because of it?”

“Oh I don’t think that will be a problem.  I think you are going to find the perfect person who can’t wait for that to be up their ass. Trust me, my dad has told me stories about guys he knew.  That’s Brian, not Justin.  Justin was pretty mellow and never parties like Dad.”

“Does that mean Ted was, too? I know they go way back.”

“I’m really not sure about that. You’ll have to ask him sometime. Now, I don’t know about you but can we raid the kitchen and then go to sleep?”

“Gus, I am so glad you are my friend.  I love you.”

“I love you, too.” They briefly hugged and then headed to the kitchen.


Brian and Justin sat in the hot tub. Their arms and legs were entwined.  “I have to admit, this is needed right now.  The massage was great yesterday but my body has been in a multitude of positions in the last 48 hours and I have to admit I have a couple muscles that feel it.  I guess I am not 27 anymore.”

“You know, next February will be 10 years since we met and even though we have had our hard times, I think the last six years we have made a good life for us and our boys. I know we will have just been to the cabin so I am trying to figure out what we can do to celebrate.”

“Brian, winter is so hard on Aiden.  I don’t want to be away from him.”

“I understand that. I was thinking maybe we could take a trip, the whole family.  We could take Cass with us and she could tutor the boys.  Wherever we go we can make sure there is connection to the outside world.”

“And we have to be near a medical facility.”

“Yes, my love. We can start looking for the perfect place.”

“Brian, you know all of this could be just a dream if Dak…”

“If somehow that would happen, we will all go to the West Coast and make sure our boy is good.”

“That’s not fair to Gus.  He is in high school. He isn’t going to want to go across the country…”

Brian felt Justin tensing up again. “Justin, no matter what, we are a family.  If that means we are a family on two coasts we will make it work but I don’t think Dak has a prayer and right now I am thinking I don’t want that man in my thoughts our last night…” Brian stopped talking when Justin wrapped his hand around his cock.  “I thought you were already sore.”

“I am, but you aren’t.” Justin ran his tongue along Brian’s jawline and then went up to his mouth.

“Please, Bri, let me.”

“Damn, you know I never turn you down when you ask. Let’s go upstairs and use that big comfy bed and…” They stood naked outside with a cool breeze moving over their wet bodies.  

“Um, guys, I know you are both really hot, but standing wet and naked in 50 degree weather is not the smartest thing.” Cass said as she led a guy through the yard to her apartment. 

“She’s right, you know,” Justin said softly.  “You are hot but we are going to catch a cold.” They moved into the house. They locked everything up and then went to the bedroom. “Lay on your stomach.  Let’s see if we can relax you just a bit.”  Justin took out a small massager and, after turning it on, he drug it slowly down Brian’s spine.  Justin saw the goosebumps pop up on his ass.  Brian did his best to relax and as Justin got to Brian’s bud, Justin slowly pressed it inward. He gave time for Brian to adjust to it and then he began to move it slowly, making small circular moves that rubbed his prostate.

Brian moved to his back, letting Justin know he was ready for him. Justin removed the vibrator and guided one of Brian’s leg to the side and Brian bent the other one, giving Justin as much access as he could.  Justin was always amazed that Brian could adjust so easily when he bottomed so seldom. Brian’s face changed for a moment and then sighed as Justin began a rhythm and moved down to kiss him.  As he did he brushed the underside of Brian’s cock and he made a noise that could only be described as real pleasure and need. And soon Justin moved faster and stronger until Brian climaxed seconds before Justin did.

“Holy shit,” was all Justin could say as he rolled off Brian.

“Damn, why don’t we do that more often?

“Because, I am too selfish to let you have that pleasure very often.” Justin said as Brian pulled him into his arms.

“I don’t believe that for even a second. You would give up all pleasure if it made your family happy.” Brian kissed him.

“I would but I know you would never ask me to,” Justin ran his hand over Brian’s sticky abdomen. “I know we were just in the hot tub but I think we are both a bit sticky.  A shower or the tub?”

“I have to admit I am tired in the most wonderful way.  This weekend was so needed but I am ready to see our boys tomorrow.”

“I agree.  Let’s shower and then we can get up and plan what we are serving everyone for lunch.” 

They showered, sensually running soap from head to toe on the other but it was all about the touch and feel, not the means to sex.  By midnight they slept, both with a calmness they had so badly needed.


Justin woke up early and slipped out of bed. He had a much more positive attitude after spending so much time with Brian.  As much as they loved their boys they fed off each other’s energy and needed time to do that.  He pulled clothes on in the bathroom and then went to the kitchen.  He made bread dough and put it in a warming drawer to proof.  Then he started putting dishes together for lunch.  As he pulled out some ingredients from the refrigerator, he heard a soft tapping on the back door.  He had already let GC out so he waved Cass in.

“Hey, Justin, I don’t know if I have ever seen you look so relaxed.” She kissed his cheek.  “Can I do something?”

“I am surprised you are up or even alone.”

“It wasn’t that kind of friend.  It was a college friend that happened to be in town for the weekend. We went out for fast food and then watched a movie. He left about midnight.”  

“That’s about the time we drifted off.  I have bread raising and was just trying to decide what to have with it.  There will be nine of us if you plan to join us.  I am thinking it might be a good day to do burgers and chicken.  We can make buns out of the bread.  How about some homemade fries? I just bought a bag of potatoes so we should have plenty.”

“That sounds perfect.  I know we can put a fruit salad together and Ted said they would pick up a dessert.”

Brian came into the kitchen and Cass laughed.  She had seen Justin walk like that many times but this was the first time Brian moved like that.  He moved to Justin and pulled him into his arms. Cass was sure she could feel the temperature climb from the other side of the island.  

Brian softly said in Justin’s ear, “I think I remember why I’m a top.  You are so much more of a man than I am.” He smiled at Cass as if he had just noticed her. “Good morning,” he said as he poured a cup of coffee.  

While Brian and Justin drank coffee, looking at some options for their flight to Montana for Christmas while Cass cut potatoes into fries. “Hey, Cass, come over if you are done with the potatoes.”

“I’m just sticking them in the oven to get them started.  I will deep fry them just before we eat.” Cass filled a coffee cup and then sat down in an overstuffed chair near Brian and Justin.

“Have you thought about Christmas? Are you going to be at our place or are you going somewhere?”

“I really hadn’t thought about it yet.  I doubt I would go anywhere.” Cass took a sip of coffee. “But you don’t have to include me in your plans.  I am used to being alone.”

“We are thinking about inviting everyone to the cabins.  Ted and Victor’s should be ready by then and if they like the idea, we will invite my family, too,” Justin said.

“To Montana? Really? Can you get up the mountain at that time of year?”

“With a little planning we should be able. We haven’t even talked about it with anyone else but we wanted you to know you are invited.” Brian smiled at Cass.  

“Thanks, guys.  I need to check a couple things but I would love to go,” Cass said excitedly.

“And, Cass, we hesitated hiring you because of Gus but we made the right choice. You are family. I hope you feel that way.”

“Oh, I do.  It is obvious my relationship with my blood isn’t good but you have always made me feel comfortable, even when you shouldn’t have.  Gus and I….I know how wrong that was and it could have ruined my life but because of the way you dealt with it, and trusting both of us, if I succeed in this life it is because of the two of you.”  Cass teared up a bit.

“Cass,” Justin moved from Brian’s side and sat on the arm of the chair, hugging her tightly.  “If we helped with that success, we would be glad but you make your own successes.”

Cass gave Justin a long, smacking kiss.  “Sorry, Brian, I got carried away and right now I am going back to my place to pull my emotions in.  I will be back in time to finish the fries.” And with that, Cass left, jogging to her apartment.


At 11:30 Justin and Brian were in the kitchen again with Cass.  The buns had just come out of the oven and were cooling, ready for burgers and chicken.  Cass started frying the potatoes and stored them in a warm oven.  Justin and Brian were manning the grill.  Gus let everyone in the front door and all six of them walked into the house.  GC rushed to the boys and after letting Gus ruffle his fur, the dog ran to Aiden, giving him lots of wet kisses.  

“I love you, too, GC, but I need to hug my daddies.  Where are they?” and as if he understood the dog walked to the kitchen where Gus could see his dads out on the deck. He opened the door and Justin turned expecting Cassaundra.  Justin took a couple steps away from the grill and Aiden rushed to him.  He picked him up and swung him around as he kissed him.

“Why is your face all wet?” Justin finally asked when they were done hugging.  

“GC kissed me first,” Aiden smiled.

“I should have known.” Justin looked over at Brian.  “Come get a kiss, honey!” 

“I’ve been kissing you all weekend.  I want to kiss this one.” He picked Aiden up and held him tight.  “We missed you.”

“I missed you, too, Big Daddy.  I had fun but I missed both of you so much. You’re my daddies!”

The love fest over Ted and Justin started  getting things out for the meal while Victor helped Brian finish up the meat.  “You have raised your boys well.  They are both great kids.”

“Don’t sound so surprised,” Brian laughed.  “It is all because of my amazing husband.”

“I don’t believe that for a minute.  Both of you are great fathers and Ted and I have learned a lot from you and now have our own boys.  We are so glad we have been able to watch you.”

“Is everything well with Aid?”

“Yes, he seems to be doing well.  I think he is due for a thorough review in November.”

“That will be good timing.”

“Timing?”  Victor questioned.

“We are going to talk about it over lunch.  Let’s get this in the house so we can eat.”


Aiden and Raymond did most of the talking during lunch. Well, Aiden did most of the talking but Ray did talk more than any of them had heard him talk before. Brian noticed something different between JR and Gus, too.  It appeared they had a new closeness but it didn’t seem like a romantic thing.  He remembered when Cass and Gus were an item.  This was different.  This was a familiar comfortable feeling you get when you trust someone completely.

When everyone was full from the grilled sandwiches and amazing fries, Justin and Brian were ready to tell everyone about their plans.  “So this weekend, Brian and I had a lot of long conversations.  We started thinking about Christmas. All of you know you are family to us. Victor and Ted, will your cabin be done by then?”

“It should be functional.  We plan to go make final decisions over Thanksgiving so if not done, close enough,” Ted said.

I want to hire a plane and have all of us, including Justin’s family, fly out there for Christmas and New Year’s.”

“Cool! Do I get to go too, don’t I?” The excited voice came from Raymond.  Everyone had to smile at the excited child. 

Victor, sitting next to him, took him in his arms, “Of course you do, Raymond.  You are part of our family now.”

For the first time, Raymond really hugged him back and then kissed his cheek.  “I’m glad.  I like this family. Is there dessert?”

Everyone at the table laughed and Ted stood up, “We definitely do have dessert.  We have sundaes with all the toppings.”  The small boys went outside with GC while all the items were put out on the counter and then the boys loaded up the ice cream with  all kinds of toppings and then sat by the counter to eat it.


Victor and Ted left with the boys by 3:00.  Victor needed to do rounds yet so by the time he dropped Ted and the kids off he would go to work.  

Brian, Justin, and Aiden spent time playing a game while Gus went up and did his homework.  Brian excused himself so Justin and Aiden could play a two person game and he went upstairs to Gus.  

“Hey, Dad, what’s up?” Gus asked as Brian walked in. 

Brian walked over and dropped onto the bed next to Gus. “I just wanted to see how your weekend was.”

“It was good. It is always cool to spend time at Victor and Ted’s.”

“I figured that.  How about the time with your mom?”

“It was fine. It is a little weird seeing her with someone other than Mama but she is definitely more happy than I have seen her in years.”

“And what’s his name, Nick?”

“Nick seems like a good guy.  He drove me to Ted and Victor’s. It would be nice if I had my own car so I didn’t need someone to drive me.”

“It would, huh?”

“I’ve been saving money and I have enough to buy an old bomb.  At least I would be able to get around but it probably wouldn’t be safe for Aiden.  If it was, I could help get him around. And what if I was here alone with him and something happened and…”

“Gus, are you thinking about the cost of insurance? I don’t want to be a bummer.  Maybe after the first of the year we will look into it and by spring, past snow season, we will look at it.  That way you will have a car by senior year.”

“That sounds fair.  Thanks, Dad.  I better get this finished up,” he pointed to his homework. 

“And, Gus?”

“Ya?”

“Thank you for this weekend.  It was just what your dad and I needed desperately.”

“You two deserved it.  Any news about Aiden’s case?”

Brian looked at Gus, “I’m afraid he is pushing on with the case. Mel said it would be sometime the end of October or early November. We are sure we will keep custody but he could get visitation and if he gets to take him away Justin will go with him for the visits. He will need someone that knows his med routine but we will survive this and you know how stubborn your mom is.  She will take care of us.”

Gus laughed, “Ya, she is that. I…”

“I know, you have work.  Love you, Gus. And thank you again.”

“Love you too, Dad.”


Brian and Justin put Aiden in their big bathtub with lots of bubbles and listened to every detail of the weekend.  He had had such a great time and they had to promise that Ray could come for a weekend soon.  “Daddies, did you know that Raymond is scared of rain?”

“He’s scared of the rain or the thunder?”

“It was kind of funny.  I hugged him and asked him, because it is silly to be scared of water and he said he wasn’t scared of water.  He was scared of his dad.”

Brian and Justin looked at each other. “Did you tell Uncle Victor or Uncle Ted about that?”

“I didn’t have to.  JR did and then they said Raymond would never have to see him again. Daddies, I’m confused why he would be scared of his dad?”

“Sweetheart, it is hard to explain but some grownups just aren’t nice to kids.  We will always protect you.  We would never let anyone hurt you or Gus or any of your friends.  You can always talk to us about anything.”

“I love you both.” Aiden hugged them, getting them wet but they didn’t care. They had their son and this just made them even more protective of him.  


An hour later Brian and Justin sat by the fireplace in the master.  They sipped on bourbon and talked about the boys.  “Gus asked about a car tonight.  I put him off until spring.  I said after the winter  we would talk about it again.  I said for his senior year he would have one.”

“That wasn’t a lie. He just will have it for most of his junior year, too.”

“And Aiden, I hate that Ray had to go through whatever he did but I am so glad that he is safe now and I think Aiden understands that.”

“Mel is going to call Mitchell in the morning and Cynthia and they will figure out a time that works for all of us and then we will figure out how to crack Daklin’s case.” 

Justin stiffened,“Did Mel say Dak had a case?”

“Darling Justin,” Brian kissed him, “you and I can handle all of this.  There is no way we are losing him to some joker that didn’t even contribute sperm.  He is ours and always will be.”

 

As they got into bed and Justin heard Brian’s breathing turn into that slow, steady sound of sleep he thought back.  He had kind of guilted Dak into signing the papers.  Would he use that? Or would Dak use his new found money to try to buy him?  And where did that money come from? With that thought Justin drifted off as he felt Brian’s arms tighten around him in his sleep.