- Text Size +

Chapter 6


“What time is the car coming?” Aiden asked Justin excitedly. 


“Shhhh, remember it is a surprise.” Aiden clamped a hand over his mouth.  

Brian and Justin had told him when Aiden had crawled into bed with them Saturday morning. “It is supposed to be delivered at 1:00 p.m.”

“What time is Gus’ mom coming?”

“She will be here in about an hour so we need to get up and ready.” Brian said as he rolled out of bed. “Why is facing Mel in the morning almost as bad as facing a judge?”

“Why Big Daddy?” Aiden asked.

Justin jumped in, “Your dad and Mel have never gotten along but that doesn’t mean they don’t care about each other because they both love Gus.” 

“OK.” Aiden shrugged it off.

“Oh, and Aiden, it might be best if you don’t say something like that to Mel.”

“I won’t.  I’m going to get dressed and you better, too.” Aiden said as he walked out the door.

Justin walked into the shower with Brian.  “When did that kid get so bossy?”

Brian pulled Justin against him and kissed him. “He is growing up fast and he doesn’t miss a trick.”

“I have heard you never missed a trick either,” Justin smirked at Brian who swatted his bare ass.

“I know, you never did anything like that.”

“Well, I had my share of friends with benefits in college but I didn’t go out looking.”

“It’s not that I had to pay for it.  I just took people home with me.”

“A lot of people came home with you.”

“Does it matter to you?” Brian asked as his head dipped to the curve of Justin’s neck.

“No, because you don’t bring them home now.”

“Why would I? You give me all I will ever need.” Brian started rubbing his hardon against Justin’s ass.

“Darling, we have no time for that. I promise, later.  Maybe we should see if Raymond can come for a sleepover. Two is no more work than one with those two.”

“I’ll connect with Ted and Victor and if it is alright with them, maybe Gus can go pick him up this afternoon.  With Gus and JR doing something tonight it will give Ted and Victor a little time alone.”

By the time Mel arrived, Justin had contacted Ted and Aiden was so excited Raymond was coming for a sleepover. Cass had taken Aiden to her apartment so he wouldn’t be around for the whole court discussion.

They sat down around the table as Mel opened the file and started right in.  “Well, Justin the dickhead,” she looked at Brian, “the other dickhead you were married to has hired one of the sharpest lawyers I have ever met.  He must have money because that guy costs a fortune.  Anyway, to get to the main point of this case, he wants Aiden 50% of the time.”

“But he signed his rights away,” Justin said.

“He said he was at a low point in his life and felt the pressure of the Kinney money.  Now he feels he can take care of a child financially and physically.”

Does he really have any claim on him?” Brian asked.

“Justin and Daklin were married whether or not it was a good relationship.”

“But he has no blood connection,” Justin commented.

“So neither dickhead has any blood in the game, but,” Mel looked at Brian and smiled, “I know you have heart in it. I hate to admit it but you are one of the best dads I have ever met. You saved our son and with Aiden’s health issues, I plan to call Victor to give them a brief outline of his condition and what it takes to keep that little guy healthy.”

“Mel, the judge, what’s she like?”

“I like her.  I have won and lost with her.  She wants what is best for the child but also follows the law.”

“We have his signature! It says he doesn’t want to bother with a child!” Justin said, agitated.

“Justin,” she glanced at Brian, “he says he felt forced and was so shook up about losing you that he didn’t realize he was making a permanent decision. I know he was under pressure.” She looked at Brian again.

“Fuck you, Mel. I didn’t do anything!” Brian stood up and headed toward the door but saw Gus standing there. Brian stopped and Gus turned him around and guided him back to the table.  He stopped at his mom’s chair and bent down to kiss her cheek.

“Mama, Dad loves Aiden as much as he loves me, as much as you love me.  This is no time for the two of you to poke at old wounds.” Brian dropped into his chair and Mel, who was looking at their son, turned and looked at Brian. They both nodded.  Gus hugged his mom, “Are you coming to my party tomorrow?”

“I am planning on it.”

“Are you going to be nice to Mom and Nick?”

Mel looked at her son, “I promise I won’t start anything.  I love you, Gus.”

“I love you, too, Mama.”  Gus looked at his dads, “I am going to check on Aiden with Cass.” 

After Gus had left, Mel looked at both men, “How is it going with her living here?”

“I am not saying they aren’t still attracted but nothing is going on.  She does help him with his English since that is his weakest subject and he is doing much better.” Brian said this with no sarcasm in his voice. “Our son is right, Mel. We are grown ups.  We will never be best friends but we can be adults.” Brian offered a hand to Mel and she shook it.

“Well, at this point our major point is that, besides the fact Aiden has no memory of Daklin, his health will be my focus. Mr. Clampet is going to move full force into the fact that Daklin didn’t feel he could support Aiden’s health needs until he got a windfall.”

“Did you ever find out how he got his money?” Justin asked.

“No.  It has to do with a previous job he had but it is blurry how he got it. I don’t think he did anything wrong, however, the owner of the company left the country.”

Justin looked at Brian, “Maybe Cal could find something.”

Mel commented, “I don’t want to hear anything you’re doing.  If you find answers, show me proof but I can’t hear about it unless you have the proof.  I need to get moving. I have plans this afternoon but we will be here tomorrow for the party.” Brian and Justin followed Mel to the door. “Unless I have something come up, I will just meet you at the courthouse on Wednesday.” 

“Mel, what are our chances?” Justin asked.  

“You will have him more than you don’t but I can’t say he won’t get visits.” Mel hugged Justin.  “I have to be honest.”

“Thanks, Mel, for all of this. We will see you tomorrow.”

They closed the door and Brian hugged Justin for a minute.  “Can you make lunch? The boys will be back in a few minutes and be hungry. I am going to try to connect with Cal.  What Mel said about Dak’s boss being out of the country makes me feel like he might be able to follow that.”

“Sure!  I was just planning on leftover lasagna or sandwiches.  Raymond and Aiden will pick dinner. And the car is coming at 1:00? That gives us a couple hours.  I will find out what they want and have it ready for them at noon.  What do you want to eat?”

“I’m good with either a sandwich or leftovers.  I should be done before noon.” With that Brian turned around and moved down the hall to his office.


Brian sat at his desk and called Cal’s number. It rang several times before he answered.  

“Hey, Mr. Kinney, how’s it going?”

“Brian, please Cal.  I learned a couple things today and I was wondering if you could use some of your connections and look into this.”

“What are you looking for?”

“We learned today that Daklin made his money about the time his boys left the country.  Do you know anything about that?”

“Actually, I stumbled across that same information this week.  I have a friend that is still on the force that is looking into something for me.”

“Do you know what they suspected was going on?” Brian picked up a pen and found a scratch pad. 

“Well, the details I found were fuzzy, which is why I talked to my friend, but it had to do with how a couple buildings in the city were constructed.  I couldn’t tell if they thought he got the money to build them illegally or if they thought the construction had been done poorly.  What I did read made it sound like no one in the company knew what was going on except the couple that disappeared but considering how much money Dak ended up with there are rumors that, he may not have been involved but he may have figured something out just before the collapse.  In fact, if he did that, he might be the reason they fled the country.”

“Cal, you have done so much for us already but we are in a time crunch now.  On Wednesday we meet with the judge.”

“Brian, you have paid me more than I have expected.  I will push my buddy.  Hopefully by Monday I will have more information.”

“Thanks, Cal.  Call if you need otherwise email what you find.  We could use all the help you can give us.”

“I have never met this kid but I can tell how special he is and, no matter what, I will get everything I have to you on Monday.

Brian said goodbye but didn’t get up. He dropped his head in his hands and stayed that way as he let tears flow. He had never loved like he did his family and along with loving like that comes hurt if you lose them in any way.


At 11:50 Justin pulled the reheated lasagna out of the oven along with a couple warm ham and cheese.  He heard muffled voices and saw Gus holding Aiden’s hand as they walked across the yard. Justin’s heart skipped a beat every time he looked at his boys.

“Hey, guys, what was Cass up to this morning.”

“Before Gus got there she helped me make Gus’ birthday present but we got it hidden before we let him in so she is going to wrap it for me.” Aiden smiled and walked over and gave Justin a hug. “It smells good here.”

“I just heated up the lasagna and some sandwiches if you don’t want that and we have salad from last night. Gus, can you help Aiden get what he wants.  I’m going to go see what’s keeping your dad.”

Justin walked to the office and opened the door. Brian still sat at his desk with his head in his hands. He walked over and wrapped his arms around his husband.  “Did Cal say something, love?”

Brian wiped his eyes and looked up, “He might have a lead. He will have news on Monday.” Justin moved between Brian’s knees and Brian put his arms tightly around his waist and rested his head on Justin’s stomach for a moment.  “Are the boys back?”

“Ya, Gus is getting Aiden started.”

“How bad do I look?”

“You look like a concerned father who can’t imagine life without his son.  Go splash some water on your face and I will tell them you fell asleep.  Brian, I love you.  This will all work out.” Justin kissed him before going back to the boys.

“Where’s Big Daddy?” Aiden asked with a mouth full of salad.

“Your daddy fell asleep but he’s up now and will be here in a couple minutes.”

“That’s good because we need to be ready at..” Aiden slapped his hand over his mouth.

Gus looked at his brother. “What do we need to be ready for, Little Bro?”

“I’m sorry, Daddy!” Aiden moved to Justin’s chair and buried his head in Justin’s lap.

“Gus, this close to your birthday, it is best not to ask too many questions.” As he pulled Aiden onto his lap, Brian came walking in.

“What did I miss?” Brian looked a little concerned.

“There is no problem.” Gus spoke up.  “Aiden is just very excited about my birthday and nearly slipped something but he caught himself. Little Bro, you didn’t spoil anything.”

Aiden glanced at Gus from Justin’s shoulder, “Are you sure? I said I wouldn’t say anything and I almost did,”  he said with a hitch in his voice.

Brian snatched Aiden from Justin’s lap, “If Gus doesn’t know  what’s up, you didn’t ruin anything.” He hugged him tightly and then put him back on his chair.  “Now, let’s eat because we do have a surprise at 1:00.” Brian kissed Aiden’s cheek and grabbed the bowl of salad before sitting down himself.


The rest of lunch was uneventful and Aiden was back to himself quickly.  All of them helped clean up but then Brian received a message and after reading it he whispered something to Aiden and he nodded.  “Gus, stay here with Aiden.  He knows what to do.” Brian took Justin’s hand and walked out the front door.

“Aiden, I am really curious now. How long have you known about this surprise?”

“Just since this morning.  I didn’t spoil it, did I?”

“Oh, not at all.  In fact it was almost like a tease but I am glad I haven’t known about it for days. That would have driven me crazy.”


Brian and Justin watched 2 cars pull into the drive and then one in Gus’ new car got out and pulled a large bow out of the back seat and put it on top of the car.  He spoke to Brian and Justin for a couple minutes before getting in the first car and they drove away.

Brian knocked on the front door. 

“Ok, Gus, that’s our signal. Close your eyes tight and put your hand out.”

“They are closed.” Aiden took his hand and led him to the front door.  He opened it and Brian and Justin  came on either side of the boys as they led them out onto the front porch. 

“Are you ready? Open your eyes when I say one.” Aiden counted, “Three, Two, One, Open your eyes.”

Gus opened his eyes and there, in front of him was a metallic red Jeep Compass.  “You’re kidding, right? This is just a treat for the weekend?”

“No, Gus, you so deserve this.  It isn’t brand new but almost. It just has a couple thousand miles on it.” Brian draped his arm around Gus’ shoulders. “It maybe isn’t the coolest car but we wanted it safe for you and we know we will ask you to help Aid get around sometimes.”

Gus turned and hugged Brian tightly and then he hugged Justin.  “This is so amazing. I love it!”

“Get in it,” Justin said.  “Check it out.” He opened the passenger side for Aiden to climb in.  “Of course you will need to sit in the back in your seat if he is really taking you somewhere.”

“I know, Daddy. This is so cool!” 

“We have a seat for Aiden ordered so you can keep it in your car.  If you are out with the guys, it can go in the back,” Brian said. “How about taking me for a ride?”

“Can I go?” Aided asked. 

Justin put his hand on his shoulder, “Raymond will be here in a few minutes. Ted is dropping him off. There will be lots of time for you to ride with Gus.”

“Little Bro, I promise to take you for a ride very soon.” Gus smiled at Aiden.

With that, Brian got in, they both buckled up and Gus drove away.

“Dad, I thought I had to wait until I could afford the insurance.”

“Justin and I talked about it and some of this is selfish on our part.  If you have your own car you can pick your brother up or bring him somewhere.  We will cover the insurance  and will give you an allowance for gas.  You will have to pay for some of the gas if you use it more.”

“Dad, you always give me an allowance already.” 

“Gus, you are a good driver.  We have one main rule. We expect you will pick up JR but if you are going to drive a group of friends, we want to know.  I know that won’t be an issue because you always tell us what you are going to do and who is going with you.  Oh, and of course, if Aiden is with you he is in the backseat in his booster.”

“Of course, Dad. Where should we go?” 

“Just drive, Gus.  It is freedom.”


By the time Brian and Gus got back, Raymond had arrived.  Gus rushed in and hugged Justin. “Thanks, Dad.  It is beyond great! I called JR from my car when Dad and I had stopped for a minute and I am picking him up at 5:00.  Dad knows all the details.” Gus ran up the steps to get ready for his night out with JR.  JR had been almost as excited as Gus.  He had asked his dads to drive but now it would be just the two of them.  They were going out to dinner and then a movie and he was paying for everything.  If he was this excited, he could only imagine how happy Gus was.

Brian walked in, after Gus had rushed to his room. He kissed Justin’s smiling face. “That is one happy young man.”

“Did the ride go well?” Justin asked as he rested his hands on Brian’s ass, moving his fingers in gentle circles.

“He’s a great driver and the new vehicle didn’t throw him off at all,” Brian moved his pelvis against Justin’s.  “You know if you keep doing that with your hands something is going to happen here.”

“Remember Ray is here.  He and Aiden are out in the yard. Cass is watching them.  Raymond is a sweet kid.  As soon as he got here he asked how Aiden was feeling.  He realizes Aiden has up and down days.  I have a feeling they will be outside for a while and Gus won’t be leaving for about thirty minutes.”

“Mr. Taylor, I get the feeling you are trying to entice me into screwing your brains out, fast and furiously.”

“The office, now!” Justin said as he thrust against Brian, making him groan. Justin turned around and wiggled his ass at Brian who followed like a puppy ready for a treat. As Brian walked in, Justin reached for his fly and soon had his pants down around his ankles.  He pushed Brian onto the sofa and he dropped to his knees. 

He had just taken him into his mouth when there was a knock on the door and it began to open.  A little panicked, Justin’s head popped up and Brian grabbed a pillow and threw it over his erection.  “Dads. I’m….” Gus stopped. “You two are insane. No wonder I am always thinking about sex.”

Justin smiled up at his son, “What’s up, besides your father?”

Gus shook his head, “I’m leaving.  I should be home by 11:30 but I will let you know if I’m going to be later.”

“Ok, have a good time.  Tomorrow’s party starts at 1:00.” Justin had slipped his hand under the pillow and was stroking Brian as he talked to Gus.

“Fuck,” Brian mumbled, “Have fun but if you don’t get out of here I am going to have to have the pillow dry cleaned.”

Gus rolled his eyes and pulled the door shut.  He laughed softly as he walked out the front door. He didn’t want to see them go at it but for some reason it made him smile knowing they still did it.

Justin dipped his head down again and it was only moments before Brian thrust up and Justin swallowed the cum he was given.  Justin looked up at Brian’s face and Brian bent down and claimed his mouth. He pulled Justin off his knees and he managed to lay him down on the sofa next to him and then yanked Justin’s pants down and began the same process Justin had just completed but Brian’s hand moved between Justin’s legs and entered him.  With a brush of his finger against Justin’s prostate he could feel Justin’s climax before tasting it. Justin cried out with abandon and after the immediate feeling calmed down, he pulled Brian up to him. 

“Damn, that was amazing.” Justin kissed Brian. “I love you, Brian Kinney, and no matter what the judge decides I know you are Aiden’s other parent and more importantly, Aiden does.”

Brian, full of emotion, crushed Justin’s lips with his own. They dozed for a few minutes but then Justin, kissing the top of Brian’s head, “We need to get up.  Cass is going away this evening so we need to take over duties with the little boys.” Justin stood and straightened his pants.  

Brian sat up and pulled Justin against him for a minute. “I love you, too, Justin.” Justin kissed him once more and Brian stood, tied his fly and they walked out together.


Gus pulled up to JR’s and Ted, Victor and JR came out of the house to see his new ride.  “Gus, this is steller.  It is so cool.  This is amazing!” JR rattled on about it as he looked it over inside and out.

“Very nice,” Ted commented as he walked around it.

“You aren’t surprised, are you Uncle Ted?”

“Well, I do take care of your dads’ finances so they told me about the purchase but this is really sharp.”

Victor came over and hugged Gus.  “It is a beautiful machine and I am so glad my son has such a friend that will be safe when he drives him.”

“Oh, yes sir.  I am always careful.”

“Well, we won’t hold you up any longer.” Victor patted Gus’ shoulder.  “Do you have an idea of your time of return?”

“I told my dads I thought it would be about 11:00 but if it is going to be later than 11:30 we will text or call.”

Ted walked over and put his arm around Victor’s waist. “You two have a great time and, Gus, we will see you tomorrow.”

“I’ll be right back,” JR said as he ran back into the house and came out quickly holding a bag. He got into the car and after he buckled up and Gus drove away.

“You said my gift was dinner and a movie.  You didn’t have to get me anything else.”

“It isn’t anything big.  It is just something I want to give you. Oh, our reservations are at the Mexican place by the theater.”

“Oh, I love that place.  Of course you knew that.”

 

“They do have the best combo plates!” JR said. “Did you decide what movie you wanted to see?”

“I really didn’t.  There are a couple that look Ok but I am not sure you would like them and I don’t want to see it if you don’t like it.”

“What one are you thinking about?” 

“It’s that new Halloween one.  I know you aren’t a fan of scary movies.”

“If I can hang onto your hand…”

“Are you sure? And of course you can hang onto my hand.  You’ve held a lot more than that before.” Gus smiled.

“That sounds like a good time.” JR was sure the movie would be fine with Gus next to him.

Gus carefully pulled into a parking spot. “Gus, why don’t you open this before we go in?” JR handed Gus the bag.  He had a fun card with a sweet personal note.  It said, ‘Hey, Gus, I don’t know what I would do without you. You are always there for me and even when I don’t know how to deal with something, you are there, by my side.  You are my best friend. Love ya’!’

“I love you, too, JR. Now, what’s in here?” Gus reached in and pulled out a keychain.  It said, ‘You have been my friend...That in itself is a tremendous thing’ (Charlotte’s Web).

“Oh, this is really cool.  How’d you get this? You just found out about the car today.” 

“When Dad Ted dropped Ray off today, I went with him and he took me to this cool place that only had keychains. You know I really am not sure where I would be if it wasn’t for you and your dads and of course Ted and Victor, now.  My mom would still be working in that crappy job and by now would have brought home another guy because she needed another income.  Now she is in school and my siblings are all safe.”

Gus was a little choked up but he pulled it together quickly and  said, “Let’s go eat.  We don’t want to be late for the movie.”


Aiden and Raymond picked a fast food restaurant and wanted happy meals.  While Brian went to pick up the food, Justin helped Raymond and Aiden build a ‘tent’ from blankets in the family room area. Justin used the coffee table for their eating table and they both had pillows to sit on. 

By the time Brian arrived, Justin had put a dish of ketchup on the table for their fries and some bbq sauce and honey mustard for their chicken nuggets. They each had milk to go with it. Brian and Justin had ordered sushi that Brian had picked up, too.

“Gentlemen,” Brian said to the boys in the tent. “My husband and I are going to eat in the formal living room.  Feel free to call if you need us.”

Aiden and Ray were giggling and Aiden said, “Ok, Daddy. Go on your date.” Ray and Aiden started laughing like only silly boys can do.  

Brian grabbed a couple beers and Justin found chopsticks and together they strode into the dining room.  Brian had left the bag in there and together they started pulling out the different sushi rolls they had ordered. They pulled out the wasabi and ginger along with the soy sauce and mixed a bit of this and that, the way they liked it.  They could hear the boys down the hall.  They were jabbering away but half the time Brian and Justin could hear they were talking with a full mouth.

“I love that sound.” Justin said to Brian.

“What sound is that?”

“The sound of laughter.” Justin smiled at Brian. “Who would have known a year ago that Ted and Victor would have two boys like us?”

“And after next week, after we finish with the judge we will be done worrying about everything.  Then we can start planning the new business and Christmas and New Year’s at the cabins.”

“And if the case goes in Daklin’s favor?” Justin asked and popped another roll in his mouth.

“If Daklin gets anything it shouldn’t be more than a few days here or there.  I will not believe any judge in family court would rule against us. Best scenario, Dak will get a couple days here and there but always in Pittsburgh.  Of course the very best thing would be that Dak would run back with his dick between his legs…”

“Brian, don’t give him that much credit.  It would never go between his legs.”

“Now, Justin, you usually aren’t catty.”

“Don’t mess with our kids. Speaking of kids, has it gotten quiet in there?” Their eyes met and they both got up and walked back to the family area. The boys were now laying on the floor playing a game. “Hey, guys, did you have enough to eat?” Justin asked.

“Yep, but can we have some dessert later? There is some left over from last night, right?”

“Sure, you can.  Just let us know when you are ready for it,” Brian responded. “We have a little more food to eat but we will be back in here soon.”

“It’s ok.  We know where to find you,” Raymond responded as he threw dice.

“I think we were just dismissed,” Justin said, taking Brian’s hand.  Let’s go finish the sushi. I’ll grab a couple more beers.”


Gus and JR were so full.   “How much time do we have before the movie starts?” JR asked.

“It starts in twenty five minutes. JR, do you care if we skip the movie? I am so full, I’d rather not just go sit.  We aren’t far from Liberty Avenue.  How about we go down there and find a place to park and we can go for a walk.”

“Is it safe?” JR asked a little nervously.

“Sure it is. It’s not that late.  It’s only around 8:00.  We can walk for a while.  Dad’s office is right off of Liberty. It’s fine.”

Gus found a place to park and locked his SUV.  “Your dad works down here?”  

 

“He does but next year he is moving into Kinnetik and it will be called Kinnetik and Associates.”

Together they walked.  They heard music coming out of different doorways.  They found a bench and sat down there while they both checked their phones. They watched people walk for a while. “Damn, I wish there was a bathroom around here.” JR shifted in his seat.

“I don’t have keys to Dad’s office but I know where we can go.” Gus pulled JR up and looped his arm in his.  “There’s a diner down here.  Brian hung out there quite a bit when he lived in the loft. We can always buy a soda or share a shake?”

“I couldn’t eat a whole one but I can share one,” JR and Gus strode up to the diner and into the door. JR made a beeline to the bathroom while Gus sat down by the counter.

Gus watched the older server turn around. “Can we have two…”

“Gus? Is  that you?”

“Do I ….Oh, I remember you.  Debbie, isn’t it?”

“Yes, I used to change your diapers when you were a baby.  What are you doing here? Don’t tell me you are following in your parents’ footsteps.”

“Oh, no, not that way.  It’s my birthday tomorrow and my friend and I went out for dinner and we decided we didn’t feel like going to a movie so we took a walk here.”

“Well, what can I get you two?”

JR came walking up.  “Debbie, this is JR. He is living with Ted and Victor. JR, this is Debbie.  She knew our dads when they were young.”

"It's nice to meet you," JR said to Debbie.

"Aren't you adorable! I heard Ted had a couple boys now."

"Yes, I really like living there. Could Gus and I have a chocolate peanut buter shake?"

"Two shakes coming up."

"No, please, just one. We are still really full but ice cream sounds good."

"Alright, boys. Why don't you take that booth over there?" She pointed to a booth that just opened up. "They are more comfortable than these stools."

"You have that right but I don't work that shift anymore," Debbie said, dropping next to Gus in the booth.  She looked at Gus.  You spent some time right in this booth in your car seat."

"I remember being here a couple times when I was little. I was maybe for or so?"

"Yes, before your moms moved to Canada for those few years, you used to come on Sundays for breakfast once in a while.  Sometimes you came with your moms and sometimes Brian would bring you."

"I have a vague memory of that but no details. Do you still work here all the time?"

"Gus, are you insinuating I am too old to work here?"

"No, I just thought I heard my dads talking.  I thought you had retired."

"Actually, I own the place now. I just filled in for a short shift and now I am heading home. I better call Carl. He doesn't like me walking alone anymore. It isn't because it is dangerous. It is because my night vision isn't as good as it used to be.

"We can walk you home, if you like," JR said.

"Or even better, I could drive you. My dads bought me a car for my birthday," Gus smiled.

'Well thanks. It isn't often I have two men take me home. You know, Gus, I have a box I'd like you to take home to your dad. Carl and I are moving soon and I am trying to get rid of some old stuff.  Michael looked through and took what he wanted but your dad might like a few things out of there.  He can throw away what he doesn't want."

They arrived at Gus' SUV and the drove Debbie home. Gus got out, "JR, why don't you stay here. I am just grabbing the box.

"Sure. I'll text both our folks and tell them we are starting to head home."G"Thank, JR."

"Hey Carl, I'm home."

"Why didn't you call?"

"I didn't walk home. Brian's boy drove me home."

Carl came into view, “Thanks, Gus.  That was nice of you.”

“No problem.”

“Here you are, Gus.” Debbie handed him a box. “Thank you for the ride.” Debbie kissed him on the cheek.  You remind me of your dad, but your heart isn’t stunted like his is.  I should say, was. Brian was very lucky to meet your dad and his heart finally learned what love is.”

“Ya, they still really love each other. I better go. JR’s waiting for me.”

“Nice seeing you, Gus,” Carl said as he closed the door behind him.

“I told our dads we would be home within about half an hour.”

Gus talked but noticed the longer the road the quieter JR got. “What’s up with you? Is your stomach upset?”

“No, I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?”

JR took a deep breath. “Gus, I’ve been thinking about something.  I want you to listen to me and then you don’t have to answer me right away.  Just think about it.”

“Sure, JR. Do you want me to pull over?”

“No, I don’t think I could say it if you were looking at me. Gus, I know you aren’t gay but I also know you wouldn’t mind being with a guy on your terms. I mean we have been playing once in a while. Gus, would you be my first? I actually have found someone that I am interested in and he might be interested in me but I know he has had lots of experience and I want to know what it’s like with someone I know I trust.”

JR timed his request just as Gus pulled up to Ted and Victor’s. As soon as the vehicle stopped JR opened the door.  Gus reached and grabbed his hand, “JR, I will think about it. I might talk to my dads about it, if that’s ok.”

“Ya, I trust your dads.  I talked about it with my dads already and they said they were good with it if you agreed.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow, JR, and thanks for a fun night.” 

JR waved and shut the door.


“I wasn’t sure we would ever get those two to bed tonight.” Justin said as he handed one end of a blanket to Brian so they could fold it.  

“Good thing they are excited for the birthday party tomorrow. Once we told them we needed to straighten up they would go to bed.”

“It didn’t help that we gave them dessert as late as we did. They were on a little bit of a sugar high but once they got in bed they crashed.” Justin picked up the last blanket and looked around.  “They weren’t messy.  Now that the blankets are put away, it looks normal again.”

Brian poured them each a bourbon and they sat down.  “Since we know Gus will be home soon, we may as well enjoy the fire and wait for him.”

They sat silently sipping their drinks and enjoying the quietness and the crackling of the logs when they heard him pull up.  He pulled into a carport on the side of the house and he came in through the back door.

“Oh, I didn’t expect you to be up down here.”  Gus sat the box he got from Debbie down on the table.

“What do you have there?”

Gus grabbed a bottle of water and sat down next to his dads. “We decided not to go to the movie.”

“What have you been up to then?” 

“We went to Liberty Avenue.  Before you say anything.  It was early when we got there and then we went to the diner and talked to Debbie.”

“What was Debbie doing there? She shouldn’t be working, especially at night.” Brian said concerned.

“She had just filled in for a couple hours and she was going to call her husband to pick her up but I offered.”

“That was really nice, Gus.” Justin put his arm around his shoulder.

“And that box is a bunch of stuff she had for you.They are moving and she said this was some stuff you might like or at least have fun looking at it and she said anything you didn’t want you could just throw away.”

“We can store it in the hall closet until we have some free time,” Justin said looking at Brian.

“Dads, I have one more thing to talk to you about. JR asked if I could be his first sex partner.  He has a guy he’s interested in but he wants to know what it is like with someone he trusts. He said he talked to his dads about it and they were cool.  Do you think it’s a smart idea?”

“As long as you are both honest with each other about it, I don’t have a problem with it.” Brian looked at Justin.  

“I agree. It can be scary the first time so to have it with a friend is a great idea.”

“I have a lot of questions about this but it will wait until after next week.  I am too distracted right now to pop his cherry.  Do they call it that on a guy?”

“I don’t know if it is common but I have heard it used.” Justin pulled Gus to him and kissed his cheek. “I think we all need to get some sleep.  We have your mothers and their partners coming.”

“I messaged both of them and told them not to come if they couldn’t behave. I think they will be fine.  I don’t think they are friends but I don’t think they are enemies either.” Gus stood up and kissed Justin and then Brian.  “I will see you in the morning. Oh, and I love the car.  It is amazing.” Gus took the steps two at a time and went to his room.

“I think he has the right idea, Brian.  I am tired.” Justin stood and pulled Brian up.  “I can’t believe our little boy is going to be 17 tomorrow. He was Aiden’s age when I met him.”

“Ya, he is almost a grown man.” They flipped the switch to turn off the fireplace and checked all the doors before they walked to the steps. Brian looked at Justin, “And he is going to be one of the best men I have ever met.”

“We both have a right to be proud of him.  He is intelligent, loving, and honest.  I can’t think of anything that would make him better.”

Together they checked on the little boys and then entered the master. Once in bed, Brian pulled Justin into his arms.  “Good night, love.”

“Love you, Brian.”

“Oh, Justin, love you, too.”

 

 

Chapter End Notes: