- Text Size +

 

Brian looked down at Justin with a dark expression, not even attempting to hide the lustful hunger in his gaze, although conflicted regarding his intense feelings. He had never felt such a savage pull within him to grasp onto a man and simply escape with him... seclude himself with him for an unspecified period of time.

 

He wanted that with Justin Taylor. More than he had ever wanted anything.

 

Why did this aching need continue to persist? He had taken the boy countless times. Enjoyed a varied amount of different pleasures with him... and yet, he still needed more. Granted, he had accepted the reality of the existence of a soulmate - and that Justin was that man. What he didn't understand was his inability to leave him now... knowing that it would most likely be only a brief separation. Damn, he felt so fucking pathetic... his mind, body, and what he had left of a soul was totally captured by this innocent, but beautiful blond.

 

Justin looked up at Brian inquisitively once he had successfully unlocked his door, asking with some concern, "Brian? Something wrong? You look so intense."

 

"No, not exactly wrong. I'm just struggling with saying goodbye. I want to grab you... whisk you directly back to my domain and utterly ravage you. And in all honesty - never let you leave. I know that you are my soulmate. I no longer even think to dispute that... but this hunger within me for you is just not normal," Brian snarled in response, his eyes becoming redder as they fastened on Justin's plump lips. He found himself remembering the depth of pleasure they had provided him along with the exquisite feel and taste of them... a combination that could never be compared with anything he had ever experienced before.

 

Walking back over to Brian, Justin looked at him with a soft smile. He reached out, lightly stroking the side of his face, before he whispered yearningly, "I want the same thing, Brian. Never doubt that. But there is a real world as well. We can't lay around and fuck all the time... now, can we?"

 

"I don't see why not," Brian answered belligerently, his eyes continuing to crawl over Justin.

 

"I know you don't really mean that. You are just extremely passionate... and want your needs fulfilled immediately. However, they have been satisfied, well for a start anyway... and we both have other responsibilities," Justin needlessly reminded.

 

"To hell with responsibilities... The only thing that truly matters is my aching cock. The only way it will be satisfied is to find its way back up your perfect ass," Brian growled, his eyes narrowing on Justin, his hands clenching at his sides, finding himself in a state of war with himself. His mind kept protesting that he needed to give Justin some space... solitude to work on his own tasks... while his body screamed at him to reach out and take him.

 

Brian knew one thing for certain - if he didn't get out of here fairly soon, he would be following the dictates of his body...

 

"Just a few hours, Brian. Surely you can survive that long?" Justin teased him.

 

Smirking, Brian answered, "I suppose after how long I have been forced to wait to find you, but claim you as well, a few hours is a bit insignificant."

 

"Exactly. So, then... I guess I will see you later?" Justin asked needlessly, although a bit shyly knowing he wanted nothing more than to end his night being with Brian again.

 

Brian arched a well-shaped brow, looking at him incredulously, before whispering heatedly, "You shouldn't even have to ask that, Justin. I didn't even want to bring you home... but I realize you have work to do. I will call you in a few hours. We can meet up at Babylon later."

 

"I will look forward to it... and I will even turn my phone on now. I'm notoriously guilty for having the power off... or having it on vibrate and not having it anywhere near me," Justin chuckled.

 

Looking down at him reprovingly, Brian clipped out, "That is no longer acceptable for several reasons. Primarily, my concern for your safety. Melanie is determined to separate us... that phone needs to be accessible at all times. Granted, now that I've had a large portion of your blood, I can feel you now. If you are in pain I will know it and be able to come to you... but that doesn't mean I will get to you in time."

 

"Melanie? That's the witch that cursed you?"

 

"Yes," Brian answered hollowly. "We will talk about this more seriously tonight... and there is someone else I want you to meet. Someone that I trust with my entire existence. She will help us overcome this... and then we can move forward."

 

"Another witch?" Justin asked perceptively.

 

Nodding, Brian answered, "Yes, my best friend in life and beyond. More importantly, I trust her with your life." Looking down at Justin expectantly, Brian growled, "Now turn that cell phone on... and kiss me goodbye."

 

"Yes, Sir," Justin said with a mock salute. Sliding his hands into his pocket, next into his coat, he looked up at Brian in confusion. "Umm, Brian - my phone isn't in my pocket. I was certain I placed it there."

 

Looking at him thoughtfully, forcing himself to keep the suspicion and concern out of his eyes, Brian answered, "Don't worry, Justin. It probably just fell out on the walk back or at my home. I will find it."

 

"Okay. Thank you, Brian. But I don't get it. I remember putting it in my pocket."

 

Curling his lips under, Brian attempted to reassure him, while more than a little uneasy by this coincidence. "I'm sure it's nothing, Justin. I will retrace our steps... and I will find it. However, for now, I want you to lock the door behind me. Do NOT let anyone inside no matter if you know them or not. This witch can take the guise of anyone. And trust me she will do just that if it means she can get to you. Can you do that for me, Justin?"

 

"Of course, Brian. I trust you. I will do exactly as you say," Justin said, nodding fiercely.

 

"Good boy," Brian purred, his mouth swooping down to claim Justin's in a hot, languid kiss. Instantly his tongue took a swipe at the blond's lips, desperate to once again know the exquisite taste that Brian knew without question to compare to no other, now or ever. Brian moaned as his tongue swept aggressively inside, reclaiming the territory that he ascertained as belonging to him. He restrained from touching him any further than clasping his hand behind his neck, angling his mouth closer, knowing to touch Justin any more intimately, would shatter his resolve to let him go.

 

Justin's arms slid up to entangle around Brian's neck, his fingers sifting in and out of Brian's hair, having a similar reaction to Brian's kiss; basking in the knowledge nothing could or would ever compare to being in Brian's arms... of being possessed by him.

 

With a low growl, Brian pulled free as he looked down at Justin hungrily, his eyes full of unspoken longing. "I must go, Justin. My control is quickly wavering. Remember what I have said... do not open the door, nor leave until I return with your phone. I will be as quick as I can."

 

"I understand, Brian... and I promise. I will just finish up the painting I had been working on... then grab a bite to eat and get changed," Justin answered. His eyes lowering a bit, he whispered shyly, "I'm going to miss you, Brian."

 

Claiming Justin's lips in one more hard, almost bruising kiss, Brian rasped out, "I will miss you too, you addictive little twat. I will return soon."

 

Justin gave Brian one last lingering glance before he slipped inside his apartment, smiling as he noticed Brian remaining there unmoving until Justin had solidly secured the doors. Regardless of the threat that was working to separate them, Justin knew one thing for certain - he was the luckiest gay man in Pittsburgh to be the much-desired lover of the incomparable Brian Kinney. Fate truly did exist... for nothing else could have ever brought something so perfect into his world... and he resolved nothing would tear them apart.

 


 

Brian frowned as his phone began to ring the very moment Justin had closed the door. As he made his way to the outside of the Brownstone, he looked at the caller ID, answering warmly, "Lindsay... impeccable timing."

 

"Hmph. Not really, being that I am watching you from across the street," she remarked cattily.

 

Slicing his eyes to the other side of the street, Brian quipped, "Indeed you are. Following me, are you?"

 

"With good reason. We have a problem that needs immediate resolution," she told him unblinkingly, as he crossed the street to stand before her.

 

"Shall we go somewhere more private?" he asked, his eyes narrowing in concern.

 

"My car is right over here. Let's sit inside."

 

Waiting as she unlocked the door Brian slid inside. Once Lindsay was seated, he asked with impatience, "What's the bitch done now?"

 

"First of all, as the two of you were walking home, I did a little magic and took Justin's phone."

 

"Why did you do that? He was a bit alarmed it was missing. I told him I would find it and bring it to him," he explained, becoming more confused.

 

Handing it to him, she advised, "I would read the incoming text first, Brian. It might be advisable to get him a new phone... with an entirely new number."

 

Brian's eyes scanned over the text, fire blazing in the depths, his fangs unwillingly extracting. Turning his eyes toward Lindsay, he hissed, "How is this even possible? I thought all of Gold's belongings had been destroyed."

 

"I am assuming the phone wasn't on his body. I destroyed everything. How's not the problem, Brian. Melanie did not send the text. I followed her, she has an accomplice. My hearing is very acute, much like yours. The male human she is using has a definite antipathy toward Justin," Lindsay said in concern.

 

"Did you get a name?" Brian snarled in a soft deadly voice. "I will hunt him down and kill him mercilessly."

 

Chuckling, Lindsay murmured, "I think your killing frenzy is what started this mess... but it might be even more necessary in this case."

 

"The name, Lindsay?" Brian continued to demand.

 

"Killing him is only going to rid you of him. She will always find another source. Destroying her is your only option..." Lindsay reminded him.

 

"I realize that, Linds... but as of yet, you haven't told me precisely how to do that, have you? Are you going to finally tell me how to be rid of your sister forever?" Brian demanded in exasperation.

 

Lindsay looked at him sharply, before answering, "You are not ready yet. We just need to keep Justin safe a little while longer. The bond is growing between you quickly. Only a true expression of love between the two of you will render her weak long enough to strike her down."

 

"A true expression of love? What the fuck does that even mean? I have admitted I accept Justin is my soulmate... that I don't want any separation from him. As for wearing the proverbial heart on my sleeve, one that we know I no longer possess, that is just not me. There has to be another way."

 

"I have explained this, Brian. A sacrifice born from true love is the only way you can end the curse. And in Melanie's case, she has spent centuries amassing power off the hatred and magic of keeping this curse alive, she is undoubtedly very strong. When she has to stare your love in the face, accept it for what it is, that magic will dissolve... and then she can be destroyed. I have in my possession the dagger that can destroy her. As her victim, once the curse is broken you must stab it three times in succession into her chest. Then, she will be no more," Lindsay explained emphatically, unwilling to tell Brian there was one other way. However, now was not the time.

 

Brian laughed shortly. "This plays out like some late-night horror film. What if I just turn Justin now?"

 

"You can do that, of course. But he would never be able to safely leave your home. The ring does not protect a supernatural creature. He would be easy pickings for Melanie then."

 

"Okay, so your solution is to keep getting closer to Justin. Let things develop naturally. I'm not saying that I think it's impossible. I know I have never felt like this about anyone before. The boy is obviously special to me... and I intend to keep him in my life - but true love, Linds? I don't understand that concept at all," Brian said in a mixture of disbelief along with profound hope that it could even exist for him.

 

"Just trust me in this, Brian. The love the two of you share has been destined from before you were ever born. It cannot be denied. Soon you will fully accept it for what it is and not just see it as mere lust. But for now, we must remove her helper and get Justin safe. I really don't think he should be living alone... she can use anyone to get to him," Lindsay said, fervently hoping Brian accepted his destiny - and very soon.

 

"I actually took steps toward that goal earlier. I asked Justin to move in with me," Brian reluctantly admitted, knowing that would get all the hearts and flowers spinning about in his friend's lesbian head.

 

She clapped with enthusiasm, exclaiming happily, "That's wonderful, Brian! Why is he still here then? Why aren't you helping him move?"

 

"He hasn't accepted yet. I think he wants to... but he is a practical-minded boy, he doesn't want to move too fast."

 

"Justin has a very solid head on his shoulders. Human or immortal he will always keep you on your toes," she nearly cackled. "Okay, you go get him another phone and I will stay here and watch his home. I won't let anyone get inside."

 

"Thank you, Linds. However, I am not leaving until you give me that name..."

 

"Fine. I was going to give it to you. It's more than apparent we need to deal with him," she grumbled. "Name is Chris Hobbs."

 

"Sonofabitch," Brian snarled. "Okay, I need to go. Appears I have a hunting trip that should have been done the first time I heard that fucking name."

 

"Who is he?"

 

"Justin was a victim of a bashing years ago. Chris Hobbs was the perpetrator. Due to justice in the straight community as it is, and influential parents, he escaped with community service. Justin nearly died from the encounter," Brian hissed. With a cold smile, he opened the door of Lindsay's car, looking toward her with ice in his eyes, saying in a clear, menacing voice, "It's time I go affect my version of poetic justice."

 

"Wait, Brian. You can't kill Chris Hobbs now."

 

"Why the fuck not? I can't let this fucker continue to harass and potentially harm Justin."

 

"No, of course not. But if you kill him, you are playing directly into Melanie's hands. She is obviously trying to use your violent nature to create a wedge between you and Justin... until she finds a way to destroy him. I will handle Chris Hobbs. However, there is one other thing you must do... and it needs to be done before Melanie does it for you," Lindsay said with trepidation.

 

"What's that?" Brian asked warily.

 

"Justin needs to hear from you that you killed Ethan Gold. As soon as Melanie realizes that the message is not getting to Justin, she will seek him out. You need to tell him... and it must be tonight."

 

TBC