- Text Size +

 

Brian closed Lindsay's car door, looking at her with fierce determination, hot fires of red glowing in his eyes. With an unflinching gaze, he spoke, "Linds, I need a favor."

 

"What is it?" she asked, watching him warily.

 

"I need you to stay here and watch Justin's apartment."

 

Eyes narrowing in sudden awareness, she hissed at him, "Don't do this, Brian. Heed my warnings."

 

"You don't understand, my friend. It's not in me to let it go. This parasite has attacked what is mine. That he did so before I knew of Justin's existence doesn't matter. And we both know that he intends to kill Justin. He will pay by my hand for his past crimes... and for his desired future atrocities."

 

"Brian, I understand... but you are playing into Melanie's hands. She hasn't possessed Hobbs for one good reason. She wants you to hunt and destroy him. Scaring Justin with your primitive nature is her last hope of driving a wedge in between the two of you. Keep in mind, if she does this... if she causes Justin to distance himself from you - he will be much more vulnerable, ring or not," she stated earnestly.

 

"If you truly understand me as I am... the monster that your sister created - you would also know exactly why I must do this. Hobbs is and always has been a threat to Justin. He must be eliminated... and it will be by me."

 

Shaking her head in resignation, knowing Brian well enough to know she wouldn't be able to sway him, she nodded with regret. "I know Hobbs needs to be eradicated... and I understand how you should be the one to see to his destruction, but I am thinking about how Justin will feel. He is obviously a very sensitive young man. How do you think he is going to react to you not only killing his ex-boyfriend in your haste to claim him, as well as another in a murderous act of revenge?"

 

"He will learn to deal with it..."

 

"It is more than apparent that you are unwilling to listen to reason. I only hope you don't lose the most important thing of all, simply because you cannot rein in your vampire passions. After all this time, I would have thought you would have learned some degree of control," Lindsay snapped bitterly.

 

"I can't help who I am, Lindsay. And let's be realistic... in life, I would have sought out this pariah as well. Perhaps, just a bit differently. Also, if it is as you say it is... and Justin is my soulmate, my decision shouldn't provoke a lasting effect. We are fated, right?" Brian returned arrogantly, thinking he could do as he wanted without any risk of consequences.

 

Lindsay glared at her friend, before hissing, "Sometimes I really hate you, Brian. Yes, you are fated... and I doubt that Justin could stay mad at you forever. But think about it... he is human. In his pain and confusion, he could make some very bad choices... ones that could cost both of you dearly. Do you really want to take that chance?"

 

"I will take whatever risks are necessary to make Justin safe. Ridding Chris Hobbs of his miserable existence is merely the beginning. Your sister will be next," he snarled savagely.

 

"I don't dispute anything you are saying, Brian. I just say you need to practice a bit more subtlety... and think of the big picture. Primarily, becoming closer to Justin and having a chance of ending this damned curse!"

 

"Don't worry, Lindsay. I won't lose Justin, regardless of my predatory actions. He is mine. Nothing and no one will keep us apart," Brian growled, determined to go to any lengths to protect what was his... and firmly chain him to his side. "Now, I know how thorough you are, dear Lindsay. I am hoping you are going to make things quick and easy for me..."

 

"Meaning what, exactly?" she asked in confusion.

 

Smiling at her knowingly, he explained, "The quicker I perform this task, the speedier my return to Justin. Now, with that in mind, do you have an address of the soon-to-be-executed Chris Hobbs?"

 

"You know me too well, my friend to even need to ask that," she scoffed.

 

Brian looked at her expectantly, his impatience more than apparent. "We've wasted enough time discussing the problem instead of resolving it. Just give me the address and it can be done."

 

"Fine. Just mark my words, Brian. This could end very badly for you," she warned, as she handed him a folded slip of paper, containing the address of his victim.

 

"I will handle what comes, Linds. The bottom line, this insect won't be around to cause Justin any more pain. I will be quick... and I would like to introduce you to Justin when I return. I think it's time... and in Justin's best interest."

 

Nodding in agreement, Lindsay answered, "Yes, that's an excellent preemptive measure. I have been looking forward to getting to know your Justin. I will be waiting. Please be careful, Brian. Melanie could be anywhere... watching - waiting."

 

"I understand your concerns. However, my gut tells me she isn't anywhere near Chris Hobbs. She wants me to react violently. Well, wish granted," he laughed with a sinister edge.

 

"I think she will be in the shadows for now... waiting to see if Hobbs carries out his instructions, before planning her next move. Once she learns you gave in to your anger, she will strike quickly. Justin must be out of her reach at that time."

 

"He will be. I will remove him from his home by force if need be. I will not allow her to harm him... now or ever," he snarled, before slipping out of the car and heading toward his destination with fierce, primal determination.

 

Lindsay half-smiled after he left, her eyes focusing on the entrance to Justin's building, her thoughts very clear. For someone who no longer holds a beating heart... you sure have lost yours, my friend. The circle is nearly complete now. Soon, you will know everything... and live the life you have always been destined to live. You and Justin... forever.

 


 

Brian was pleased to arrive at his target's home in short order, circling it slowly, allowing his highly tuned senses to ascertain Hobbs was home... but of equal importance - he was alone. Further pleased, it was a house and not an apartment. Nobody would hear his sounds of terror... and screams, which there most definitely would be. He would use his power to obtain his invitation inside... and then it would be over for Justin's assailant... quickly and painfully.

 

He knocked on the door with three sharp taps, placing his most beguiling smile upon his lips, exhilarated that he would soon be avenging Justin. When the door opened, his eyes briefly assessed the hulking blond, finding himself immediately disgusted with this specimen. "Good evening. Mr. Hobbs, I presume?" Brian rasped out.

 

"Who wants to know?" he cockily demanded.

 

Brian chuckled in evil amusement. Oh, yes... this was going to be fun. Snapping this insipid human's neck into pieces would be a divine pleasure.

 

"Name is Brian Kinney. I believe you may have heard of me..." Brian said with his voice pitched low, a chuckle escaping when he viewed the look of terror in his prey's eyes.

 

Attempting to slam the door closed, which was met instantly with Brian's foot blocking him, Brian continued to taunt him. "Now, that wasn't very polite, Mr. Hobbs, and after I've been so generous working you into my very busy evening."

 

"I have nothing to say to you, Mr. Kinney," Chris whispered in fear, unable to pull his eyes free from Brian's fierce gaze.

 

Pulling the weak-minded human deeper into his mind, Brian growled, "Oh, but I have much to say to you, Chris Hobbs. Now... I suggest you invite me inside." Brian's gaze, primal and mesmerizing, he softly purred, "Look into my eyes. Deeper. You will give me what I want. Invite me in. Now."

 

"Yes. Please come in, Mr. Kinney," Chris hollowly echoed, opening the door wide for Brian to enter.

 

Brian watched his victim in unmasked hostility as he stepped inside, commanding in a low voice, "Lock the door."

 

Unblinking and reacting automatically to Brian's demands, he moved to comply, his mind powerless to stop what was to come. Of course, Brian didn't intend to allow his prey the luxury of slipping into his death painlessly; most especially not after the act that he had inflicted on Justin... his soulmate. As he waited for his victim to turn around, Brian thought, Oh no... it won't be that easy for you, Mr. Hobbs. You will suffer dearly for daring to harm what is mine.

 

"Turn around and face me," Brian snarled, whispering viciously.

 

Slowly, Chris turned, his eyes falling deeply into Brian's, blinking in confusion as Brian relaxed his control upon his mind. Chris' eyes widened in fear that was tinged with anger, as his senses gradually began to return. "How the fuck did you get in here, Kinney?"

 

Brian savagely pushed Chris backwards, smiling as it propelled him into the air, landing him swiftly on his ass, an end table breaking in the process; it conveniently grazed the young man's temple, blood beginning to trickle out. He picked up a broken piece of wood, considering it carefully as he shook it threateningly over Chris' head, spitting out scornfully, "Hmmm, now this should be familiar for you. Of course, you were the attacker... one that stalked and snuck up on an innocent boy, assaulting him mercilessly without warning."

 

"I remember. Taylor. Fucking disgusting faggot. He deserved to die... he should have died that night. But that's okay. His time is drawing closer, either by my hand... or hers," Chris foolishly responded.

 

Eyes glowing a bright feral red, Brian turned the wood in his hand, gazing at it thoughtfully, watching as Hobbs gingerly rose to his feet, smirking as his victim backed toward the door, obviously with the misguided thought that he could somehow elude what was going to happen. Prowling toward him, Brian hissed, "Going somewhere? I don't think so." Brian knew he had to act fast before his victim had the realization he could withdraw his invitation; in effect forcing Brian back outside. That simply wouldn't do. "You are pathetic... exceedingly so for a human. You didn't attack Justin because he disgusted you... no, Mr. Hobbs - you did it because Justin knew something you didn't want the rest of the world to know. You wanted his cock. Didn't you?"

 

"No, it's not true. I'm not queer... and I don't have to listen to this. You would say anything to protect that worthless fucker. I've been warned about you," Chris said, shaking his head in denial, still edging backwards to the door.

 

"We have wasted enough time here. It ends now," Brian snarled, as he lifted his arm, striking Hobbs along his bleeding temple with the jagged piece of wood, rendering him back to the floor, clutching his head in agony, yet still semi-conscious. "How does it feel? Imagine the incapacitating pain and horror Justin endured. Only there is one difference... you won't survive your attack."

 

"Please, don't do this. I'll go away. I swear. I won't bother Taylor ever again," Chris sobbed, in sudden realization of what Brian had intended for him.

 

"You are correct. You won't be bothering Justin ever again. Goodbye, Mr. Hobbs... I do wish I had the time to toy with you, however, I need to get back to Justin," he told him, hunching down to the recoiling form, with ultimate menace and purpose.

 

Clearly seeing his death in Brian's cold eyes, Chris continued to plead his case. "Killing me won't stop her, Mr. Kinney. She is determined to destroy him. Maybe I can help you..."

 

Brian laughed, as his hands moved to clutch around Chris Hobbs' throat. Savagely, he snarled, "I don't give a fuck about her. What I do care about is the damage you inflicted upon what is mine. For that alone... you are now going to die. Just relax and embrace your destiny. It will be over soon..."

 


 

Lindsay stepped out of the car, watching Brian's stealth approach. She nodded in understanding of what had transpired. Brian had shown no mercy. Killing him quickly had been for his own ends. If not for Brian's deeper desire to return to Justin, he would have tortured Chris Hobbs for hours.

 

"So it's done," she needlessly orated.

 

"Indeed it is. A most odious piece of vermin. The world is a much better place without him residing in it."

 

Smiling at Brian, she mused aloud, "You have such love for Justin... only you haven't fully grasped it yet. In the end, that is how he will probably eventually forgive you... but I do see some troubled times ahead for the two of you. In the meantime, we just have to keep him safe."

 

"I still don't understand this concept of love... However, I do know I will do everything to keep him safe... and I will not lose him. I will take any necessary steps to ensure neither of those ever happens."

 

"I believe it will all work out, Brian. It's just going to take some time yet. Now, why don't you go see him... spend a few moments with him, before you introduce me to him," she suggested, all but pushing him toward the beckoning brownstone. "Umm, but try not to fuck him. I really don't want to walk in on that!"

 

"You are asking a lot, Linds. How that boy makes me burn..." Brian reflected, his eyes already glazing over with lust.

 

Lindsay giggled, as she responded, "I love seeing you like this, Brian. I always knew you would find your soulmate... but seeing the changes taking place in you and feeling the passion only Justin can truly elicit, is more inspiring than I can begin to explain."

 

"Okay, how about you don't try then," he said, arching a brow at her. "I'm not looking to join the ranks of the lesbians anytime soon."

 

"How silly you are, Brian. Any type of genuine emotion and automatically it resorts to lesbianic to you. But there is hope for you yet, my friend," she nearly cackled. "Now, go to him... I will be up soon."

 


 

Justin had finished up two of his nearly completed pieces, unsure if he was amazed or disappointed how long Brian had been gone. When Brian had left, Justin had the distinct impression he would be rushing right back to him. Such yearning had been in Brian's eyes... His posture was stiff and tense. It was more than apparent that he had not wanted to say goodbye, yet knowing that he must. Of one thing Justin was certain - Brian was not accustomed to being denied anything he desired.

 

He thought back to Brian's earlier request. Living with him at Brian's palatial home. It would be the perfect solution. He could work... and he could be there when Brian awakened. He wouldn't have to miss him, simply knowing that Brian was always there. Justin had to be certain of Brian's commitment to him before he took that step. For Justin didn't doubt once Brian secured that strong of a hold on him, there would be no going back. Of course, in his heart, Justin realized going back was a very unlikely option. No matter how different their lives may be, Justin had fallen irrevocably in love with Brian Kinney.

 

Moments later, Justin smiled as he heard the knock on his door, instantly knowing who was on the other side. Opening it with a bright smile spreading across his face, he invited, "Come on in, Brian."

 

Brian's eyes narrowed on Justin, charmed as always by his spectacular smile, yet irritated he wasn't being more cautious. Stepping inside, Brian looked around noticing Justin had made very productive use of his time. Approaching the finished paintings, he commented, "Very nice, Justin. These should make an excellent addition to your showing."

 

Justin blushed shyly, before saying, "Thank you, Brian."

 

"However, my boy, you are being very lax in my warnings. I could have been anyone on the other side of that door," he sternly reprimanded.

 

Moving closer and in a moment of courage, he brazenly wound his arms around Brian's neck, leaning up to kiss him lightly on the lips. "But you aren't just anyone. I knew it was you, Brian."

 

Brian growled at the feel of Justin in his arms, back where he knew the blond truly belonged... where he intended him to remain for now and the future to come. Sliding his arms around him, Brian pulled him closer, nestling his head against his chest, slowly stroking his hands up and down Justin's spine. Resting his mouth against the top of Justin's head, breathing him in deeply, Brian huskily purred, "If I didn't know better, I would say you missed me already..."

 

Raising his head to meet Brian's playful, yet fiery gaze, Justin murmured, "I would have to say the same for you, Mr. Kinney."

 

"Mouthy little twat. Haven't you learned yet about awakening the savage beast within? Perhaps, you need another demonstration," Brian rasped, his voice heavy with want as he closed the distance, capturing Justin's lips firmly underneath his own.

 

Brian's tongue slid out swiftly to take teasing swipes at his lips, growling in need when the perfect lips parted, giving him the access he craved. He groaned out his approval as Justin's tongue moved to meet his own, their lips moving together in conjunction, each ravenous for the taste that could only be satisfied by the other. "Yes, that's it. Kiss me, Justin. Show me how much you desire my taste... one that equally resides within me."

 

"Ahhh, Brian. You taste so good. Feel so good," Justin whimpered, as he felt his knees weakening at the driving thrusts of Brian's tongue stabbing repetitive motions into his mouth, symbolizing the thrusting that each of them desired to fully explore once again.

 

"What you do to me, Justin. So effortlessly arousing me - making me hungry to explore each perfect inch of you," Brian hissed out sharply, his hands sliding down to clasp around Justin's luscious ass, forcing his hips forward to move him against his hardened cock.

 

"Do it, then. Fuck me, Brian. Over and over again," Justin virtually pleaded, as he slid his fingers into Brian's hair, angling his mouth closer - arching his entire body tighter to Brian's - aching for his vampire lover's total possession.

 

Emitting a harsh expletive, Brian reluctantly disengaged himself from Justin, his need so palpable he was shaking with the desire to fulfill it. Distancing himself, he sat on the couch, fixing glazed and hungry eyes upon him.

 

"Sadly, we need to talk first... and my friend will be here to meet you soon," Brian said, forcing his gaze away from Justin, trying to regain his control.

 

"The witch?" Justin asked.

 

"Yes... but a good one. However, there are things I must tell you, Justin... and I ask that you hear me out."

 

Nodding, Justin sat beside him, looking at Brian intently, before saying, "You can tell me anything, Brian."

 

"First of all, I need you to remember that I am not human. I am a vampire. I have certain predatory, violent characteristics that I cannot change, whether I would like to or not," he began to explain.

 

"I think I understand that. As a vampire you are very primitive... deeper passions, but what does this have to do with us?" Justin asked in confusion.

 

"Sometimes, those vampire passions cause me to make decisions that I would not make in a more rational state of mind. I did something that might be construed as unnecessary... but at that time, I was driven by my need. I was obsessed and blind to everything except having you. So, I took matters into my hands and sped up the process," Brian clipped out, determined that Justin would understand the choices Brian felt he had been forced to make.

 

Justin's eyes narrowed on Brian, a partial realization dawning. "This has something to do with Ethan, doesn't it?"

 

Brian nodded, his teeth clenching as they had back in the beginning just hearing Ethan's name upon Justin's lips. "I had never felt like this in three hundred years of living. Now, I understand why. You are the one I have been waiting for all these years - my soulmate. I couldn't tolerate him touching you, no matter how casually it was done. Every time I watched the two of you together, I lost more control of my actions. The beast inside of me took over and I moved to separate the two of you forever. Once I did that, I never looked back."

 

"Ethan's strange behavior... It all makes sense now. You provoked that, didn't you?" Justin demanded to know.

 

"I did. I took his blood and controlled him. I couldn't let him have you. He was unworthy of you. Be honest, Justin. You never really wanted him, now did you?" Brian shrewdly asked.

 

"Maybe not," Justin sighed, knowing Brian's words to be true.

 

Brian laid his hand upon Justin's thigh, stroking it up and down, as he continued, "Despite my cunning approach, you always wanted me... from the moment we met. I felt it. Never had I hungered for anything as I did for you... as I still hunger... a hunger that we both know was echoed in you."

 

"There's more, isn't there?" Justin asked hesitantly, refraining from commenting further on Brian's observations.

 

"Yes, Justin. In a moment of my unfulfilled desire for you, along with utter rage at his defiance, I killed him," Brian said forcefully. "I had found out that night that Melanie was going to use him after his death, to haunt you. I destroyed him in a way making that quite impossible." Brian shuddered, as he watched the shock and pain filling Justin's eyes... along with the sudden paleness that fell upon his face. "And tonight, I was forced to kill again - this time for your own protection - although he deserved to die. Melanie had secured Chris Hobbs into her service to destroy you. He will never bother you again."

 

Justin's eyes widened in horror and anger wondering how fate had decreed this man as his soulmate. Stumbling, as he stood from the couch, he moved toward the door opening it with tears freely flowing, seemingly oblivious to the concerned blonde woman just poised to knock. Raggedly, Justin spoke, "I want you to leave, Brian. I won't tell anyone about this. Hell, who would even believe me?"

 

"You don't know me, Justin... but I implore you... please don't do this. Listen to him. The two of you are destined to be together. To defeat Melanie, you must do it united," the soft unknown voice spoke.

 

"Justin, you need to listen to me... to both of us," Brian demanded, refusing to allow Justin to push him away.

 

Lindsay grabbed Brian's arm, knowing her friend could not manage much rejection from Justin favorably, pulling at him gently before he reacted badly. "Brian, we should go for now. Justin needs some time to come to terms with all you have told him."

 

"Time to develop ways to further push me away? I don't think so. You will listen to me, Justin... or you are coming with me," Brian hissed in primal intensity. "Don't forget, Justin. We are fated to be together."

 

Justin laughed harshly as he spoke the words that would force Brian's departure, uncaring of the danger it could place him in. "Your former invitation has been rescinded. I can't see you now. I don't think I ever want to see you again!"

 

Brian cursed as his body physically was forced to exit Justin's home, merely from the direction of Justin's words. Forcing himself to not snarl or command, Brian softly whispered, "Don't do this, Justin. We will work this out. You cannot deny your feelings. I will not allow it. You are mine. You will always be mine." His eyes darkened seeing how his words affected Justin... how they would always affect him. Neither fear nor anger mattered... Justin still wanted him.

 

Lindsay pulled at Brian, glaring as she mentally spoke to him, "This is not the right approach, Brian. Your lack of control is precisely what got you into this position. Just give him some space. We will watch over him."

 

"I get that you are possessive, Brian. Fuck, in all honesty, it's a turn-on. Knowing that I am wanted that badly... by you! I can't begin to explain what that does to me. That being said, I now have to live with the knowledge that the same desire led to Ethan's unwarranted death. How do I live with that?" Justin asked in despair.

 

Lindsay implored fervently, "Justin, again... I know you don't know me. But you must follow your heart. I get that you are pissed at him... and rightly so. Just give it time. More importantly, give Brian a chance to show you all the good he has in him; because whether he admits it or not, there is a tremendous amount of it within him. In the meantime, be careful. Don't remove your ring or trust anyone. Above all else, don't close yourself off to loving Brian. It is your true destiny."

 

Justin shook his head sadly, now conflicted and more confused than he had ever been. Before quietly closing the door on them, Justin pierced them with pained eyes, whispering almost brokenly, "That's the funny thing about destiny. You can either embrace it... or totally reject it."

 

TBC