- Text Size +

 

Justin laughed as he stared at Brian in what was nothing short of incredulous disbelief. Shaking his head in profound amazement, Justin's laughter quickly fell away upon seeing the stony, almost sober expression on Brian's face. His eyes widening, a shocked frown marring his features, Justin remarked, "You're serious. You really think I'm going to leave with you..."

 

"I don't think it, Justin. I know it," Brian growled softly. "Now, I suggest you go collect your coat... and refrain from pushing my limits any further tonight..."

 

"Refrain from pushing your limits? Do you fucking hear yourself?" Justin stormed back in exasperated anger. Between clenched teeth, in a quiet tone, having at least the self-preservation not to be overheard, he continued, "There is nothing to induce me to go with you - anywhere."

 

Brian's eyes flared, as he moved closer once again, his body almost pressing Justin's against the wall. Leaning closer, Brian's eyes glowed in a feral light, as he rasped only loud enough for Justin to hear: "You still don't understand what provoking the savage beast in me can unleash." His eyes moved away from Justin to light upon the other men in the backroom, most lost in their own personal sexual frenzy; some discreetly watching them from a distance - curious about the blond that had Brian so riled. "Perhaps you need a demonstration of exactly what my fury... not to mention my special need for you can elicit."

 

"You're bluffing. You wouldn't do anything here... at your own club. And I doubt even you could incapacitate this many people without one or more getting away," Justin said dubiously, while not entirely certain of the validity of his words.

 

Brian laughed coldly, before continuing, "My dear boy, you have no idea how quickly I can move... what I can do with one flick of my wrist. And as far as not being able to induce you to leave... that is not even necessary. You have two choices. Leave willingly by my side or I simply just take you. Your choice, Justin... but choose quickly."

 

"You can't just take me out of here kicking and screaming. Someone would try to stop you... and once they did, you would more than likely reveal yourself. I can't believe you would risk exposure merely to whisk me away..." Justin answered tremulously, not certain he believed even half of his brave assumptions.

 

Brian's mesmerizing eyes moved lustfully over every visible inch of him, before he purred huskily, "You are very much worth the risk, Justin. At this point, I can't think of anything more urgent than possessing you."

 

"Nobody is worth actions that could result in your destruction. Maybe we should just accept that we are oil and water - we simply don't mix," Justin answered, knowing he was failing in keeping the sadness out of his voice.

 

"On the contrary, Justin. I think it was just proven mere moments ago... just how exquisitely we do mix. A demonstration I expect to have returned in kind..." Brian rasped, his voice and eyes tinged with an intangible lust. "Now, once again I will urge you - leave with me now. I would so hate for there to be unpleasant consequences... or to take you away in a manner that could prove embarrassing for you."

 

Justin rolled his eyes, as he replied tautly, "So kind of you to take my well-being to heart. Oh... I forgot... you don't have one."

 

"Touche, little boy. However, the truth of the matter is that your well-being is of paramount importance, which is a large part of why I am determined you come home with me tonight," Brian told him fiercely, ready to grasp him forcibly if needed and whisk him away to safety.

 

"The witch again? I would have thought if I had severed my ties with you she would back off..." Justin answered, realizing the statement in itself was blatantly false as it was more than obvious to the both of them that Justin had done anything but that.

 

Brian moved even closer, completely crowding what little of Justin's personal space remained. He reached out to softly stroke the side of Justin's face, his eyes showing his satisfaction in the knowledge he possessed regarding Justin's true inclinations toward him. Oh yes, he would take him to safety... away from the clawing hands of Melanie... they would even talk. He would try to make Justin understand why he made the choices he did. But when that was done, he could pick up where they left off.

 

Continuing to stroke Justin's cheek, his eyes so intense they gave off the impression he was trying to crawl inside of his mind, Brian spoke with a heated longing that made Justin sharply catch his breath. "You will never sever ties with me, Justin Taylor. That is something I won't allow. We are meant to be together, despite anything I have done, I think you know this. Come with me now, please. I don't want to just take you... I want you willing... and we have so much to talk about."

 

Justin flushed under Brian's heated and attentive gaze. He felt as if he had been holding his own, until Brian had not only asked... but said please as well. It didn't matter how short of a time he had known Brian... Justin knew unequivocally that was not standard procedure for Brian Kinney. Brian Kinney did not ask... he just took what he wanted; that he wanted it to be Justin's choice, told him maybe it was something that was important to Brian. After he discovered what Brian had done in his almost obsession to have him, Justin had fretted that he was a mere object to him. But could it be more? Was it possible Brian could actually care? Justin knew he would probably kick himself for all kinds of a fool later, but he knew there was only one way to find out. He was going with him.

 

"Alright, Brian. I'll go with you. You're right... We do need to talk. But for now... talk is all I'm going to promise," Justin acquiesced, as he allowed Brian to escort him toward the backroom doors. Reaching for his coat, Justin followed him as he guided him toward the backdoor and away from the prying eyes and bodies still enjoying themselves at Babylon.

 

Brian smiled, knowing he had won. Justin would soon be safe... and whether his delicious blond liked it or not - he would be staying with him. Realistically, he knew it wasn't practical to think of holding him in his home indefinitely, but for now, he found it to be a workable solution until they found a way to rid themselves of Melanie, once and for all. In the meantime, he would use each and every moment to his advantage - chaining the boy to his side - now and forever.

 


 

Melanie watched Lindsay shrewdly, with a calculating glint in her cold eyes. She tried to probe her sister's mind, but to no avail; Lindsay had erected impenetrable barriers. "You are keeping something from me, dear sister."

 

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean, Melanie," she scoffed, wishing she could sense that Brian had Justin safely in his home, so she could separate herself from her vicious sister.

 

"Your interest in the human is not normal. In fact, I would say you are more interested in him than in Brian. Now, why is that?" Melanie asked maliciously, the wheels obviously turning in her mind, enraging her that she couldn't determine the answer.

 

"As always you are delusional, Melanie," Lindsay evaded. "You have known all along how committed I am to seeing Brian and Justin fulfill their destiny."

 

"Destiny..." she sneered. "I wouldn't count on that."

 

"Oh, I would, sister. In fact, they are together right now... and oh yes, I can feel a cocoon of safety around Justin right now. They have just stepped inside Brian's home."

 

Melanie's eyes filled with hatred, as she moved closer to her sister. Eyes probing her, still trying to decipher what Lindsay was hiding, she spat out, "He won't hold him there forever. The boy will find a way to leave... and when he does, I will be waiting for him."

 

"You will never harm Justin! I will hound you day and night. To hell with your destruction coming from their unity. Continue to threaten Justin... and I will kill you with my own hands!" Lindsay snarled, knowing the loss of her temper could lower her barriers... and her sister could learn the secret that had been buried for centuries.

 

"If you could do that, you would have done it long ago, sweet sister," Melanie continued bravely, while not altogether certain of her words. Never had Lindsay displayed such hatred, not even when she had cursed Brian. And once again, she knew her sister's anger was not directed toward her concern for Brian... it was centered around Justin. But why? More specifically, why was that insipid human so important to her?

 

"Don't count on it, Melanie. This ends now. I won't allow you to come between them, or to hurt Justin," Lindsay said, her hands clenched into fists beside her, trying to keep the mental image of Justin out of her mind... most particularly, her love for him.

 

Lindsay cringed when the maniacal laughter erupted from her sister. She had gained a glimpse, however... of how much... she wasn't certain. Now it was more imperative than ever that Justin remain in the safety of Brian's home. She lifted her eyes to see the shocking, incredulous awareness spilling upon her face, cursing herself for allowing Melanie to rile her with such ease.

 

"Well, well... isn't this interesting? You love the human. Very deeply. Although, he isn't really human, now is he? So tell me, dear sister... How long have you known that Brian's soulmate is in actuality, our long-lost brother? The one that I had always been led to believe had died... at birth..." Melanie said, cackling in pure evil.

 

TBC